• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

CallMyName

hi all ^^,my last hunt for pritzee was like 3k before i got a shiny spritzee so i really scare to mm. so decide to hatch normal pokemon for compettitive battle, today i was trying to iv breed a feebas and accidently got a shiny modest 3 ivs in def/sdef/speed female too bad it didnt get spatk iv ^^ luckiest pokemon game ever , i think it was about 50 egg :D .

Last edited:

Sealotic

I always forget to post on this thread when something important happens... oops :p
So, I'm now RE in a Fire Friend Safari and yesterday, a wild Shiny Braixen appeared ! Male, Sassy, Blaze... not the perfect Braixen but it's shiny sprite is soooo cool! I'm continuing my RE to find a Shiny Larvesta and I've found a lot of good safaris to hunt in.

I also manage to catch my Shiny Poliwag via Fish chain (I am sooo bad at this) and I wanted to Fish chain for a Staryu, but Fish chaining is not my favorite method of all...

I will restart my MM for Feebas/Milotic surely when Pokebank will be out because I cannot find a 5/6IV foreign Feebas on GTS with my current pokemon. However, if one of you guys have one and are willing to trade it, please tell me I was some good offers to make!

Congratulations for your recent shinies and
Good luck with your huuuunts ! :D

Arcaten

Arcanine Trainer
Hi guys, congrats on all the recent shinies!
It's been a while since I last posted here and I'm not 100% sure how up to date i am on here so here's a list of all my Gen VI Shinies, how and when they where caught!

1: Croagunk - Route Seven - Totally random encounter
2: Luvdisc - Shalour City - Chain Fishing
3: Poliwag - Route 16 - Chain Fishing
4: Ponyta - Friend Safari
5: Magikarp - Route 3 - Chain Fishing
6: Pyroar (F) - Friend Safari
7: Jigglypuff - Friend Safari

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/ShinyOctillery.jpg[/IMG139]

I made an attempt at the radar and I just can't seem to get the hang of it. My highest chain was a 13. So I decided to try my hand at consecutive fishing and I got this girl. Not sure how high my chain got. I stopped counting after a few. Does catching a pokemon break the chain or can you keep going? I caught a regular Huntail only a few pokemon before the Octillery showed up and I kept on fishing until my Parasect was knocked out. Not sure if that ends a chain either, tbh.

Edit: checked its IVs but it doesn't have any perfect ones, not that I was expecting it to outside of the friend safari or MMing.

Congrats on Octillery! Catching a Pokemon does NOT break the chain whether you are chaining or chain fishing. However, finding a shiny does break the chain, or so I've been told.
thanks for the congrats and the info.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
[IMG139]
I made an attempt at the radar and I just can't seem to get the hang of it. My highest chain was a 13. So I decided to try my hand at consecutive fishing and I got this girl. Not sure how high my chain got. I stopped counting after a few. Does catching a pokemon break the chain or can you keep going? I caught a regular Huntail only a few pokemon before the Octillery showed up and I kept on fishing until my Parasect was knocked out. Not sure if that ends a chain either, tbh.

Congrats on Octillery! Catching a Pokemon does NOT break the chain whether you are chaining or chain fishing. However, finding a shiny does break the chain, or so I've been told.

Drakonekoshi

WELP, cut that Masuda Method hunt in half, because I decided to chain my shiny Goomy again and at a chain of 47 I GOT HER

tumblr_mzvhdglHk91s578yjo1_1280.jpg

I'm so happy, I will be going back to hatching Cubone sometime, since I got my shiny Goomy~

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
"Once there was an ugly barnacle, he was so ugly that everyone died. The end." - Patrick Star

Shiny Binacle hatches after 1026 eggs! I don't care what anyone says, I like the Binacle line! Lol. IVs are 31/31/31/x/31/x so close to being perfect >.<! Hopefully the speed IV isn't too low though. So this means I'm now at the half-way mark for my Kalos challenge, just 33 more to go! I'm not sure what I'll MM next... maybe Noibat? .. Spritzee? Flabebe? Bunnelby? Too many choices >.<! But I'll eventually pick one.

Good luck everyone and gratz on the recent shinies. :]

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Welp, today I found a shiny Chinchou while chain fishing, and it was one shiny quite as I was after! Given, I really want a Shiny Dratini, but the Basculen came instead :/

Congrats on your hunts everyone! And may everything shine soon!

Littlechic

Resident Freak
Managed to hatch a shiny Ralts while I was IV breeding a competitive one.
It only has two IVs but I'm trying to use it competitively to no avail.

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
Congratz to everyone with recent shinies.

Had two successful chains today, minun and abra...Minun is adamant (sync failed) so it'll just chill as a trophy, abra is modest (sync success) so it'll fit perfect on my team.

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
FINALLY....egg# 1,668 hatched a shiny Treecko!! x/x/31/31/31/31, and again I got the HA. So glad this bugger is done, and I'm on to Feebas. Good luck all, and congrats to all...especially Supremacy on Suicune giving you so little trouble.

Last edited:

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
Has anyone SR'd for a legendary bird in x&y?

Pman11

Pokemon Savant
So I know this isn't something to get impatient about, but after finding 4 shinies in the friend safari within 300 encounters, I am now at 800 Friend Safari encounters, 1000 horde encounters, and I haven't found anything yet. I know it sounds impatient, but I think my string of good luck spoiled me a bit.

Dangertrout

well, I finished hatching the 630 honedge eggs today.
No shinies in that batch :(
I probably have 3 or 4 days of WT and clean up, then I'll do another batch.

Sealotic

So I know this isn't something to get impatient about, but after finding 4 shinies in the friend safari within 300 encounters, I am now at 800 Friend Safari encounters, 1000 horde encounters, and I haven't found anything yet. I know it sounds impatient, but I think my string of good luck spoiled me a bit.

Yeah, I'm in the same situation xD I passed my day REing in a Friend Safari and REing in W2 and... nothing today.
Oh well, I've been lucky enough last week I think ! I juste want those 2 RE hunts to end so I can finish my MM hunts !

JoshRJV77

Just hit 8200 random encounters with still no shiny... I'm thinking I'm not cutout for this BQ as I beginning to become impatient! Lol

But while I'm hunting my GF is playing my other dis just playing around in the FS and has found 2 shinies for me! Lol she's in a ground safari cuz I want a shiny trapinch but the two she found are Camrupt and Palpitoad so she's still looking!

Just broke a chain of 38 Riolu with a Litleo. Now going to try to chain to 10 as a headstart for tomorrow. Never entering a patch when there are 5 wiggling again...

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I admire the patience you guys had. I am just going to pet my shiny Torkoal that randomly happened and call it a day with shiny hunting until Pokémon Bank comes out.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Terra Force on Sandshrew, Cyberra on Magnemite, PrinceB on Larvesta, elorasheppard on Growlithe, ShadowRadon on Fennekin, Blasting Toise on Skitty, Marsalevsky on Fennekin, Supremacy on Suicune, TaurosRicardo on Feebas, Mr. Shinx on Ho-Oh, Doryuzu on Chespin, bippacooleth on Sigilyph, CallMyName on Feebas, Arcaten on Croagunk, Supremacy on Binacle, darthmalice777 on Treecko, Hexin' Wishes on Torkoal, and everyone else on your shinies!

---------

I hung out with some a few friends on Tuesday night, so I was able to find out through them what my other two safaris were, just out of curiosity. They're pretty bad.

My first one is Steel which I knew since November; that has Mawile and Skarmory. My second one is Fire and has Magmar and Larvesta, both of which are meh...Magmar is way worse than that actually. And my third one is Fairy and has Kirlia and Jigglypuff, nothing exciting. So yeah, my curiosity has been satiated :)

---------

As long as your lead pokemon or whichever pokemon you send into battle is above lvl 14, then Roar won't work. It only works if your pokemon are lower-leveled than the growlithe. so as long as you're over lvl 14 it can roar all it wants and it won't do a darned thing.

And just as an added general note to anyone who doesn't know, I believe that only applies to Gen V+...So no one go hunting in SoulSilver thinking you're safe from Roar if you have a higher leveled mon >.<

--------

If anyone has any ideas for a sixth hunt for me, I'd like to hear them.

You could always go for a surfing shiny. They're pretty much guaranteed. Tentacool, Poliwag, and Psyduck are all pretty common, and each is (or is close to) 100% appearance, depending on which location you're at.

--------

Cpchris, some pages ago you congratulated on getting a shiny Cubone, when really it Noibat and I was starting the hunt on Cubone, I went to nearly or over 1000 eggs and gave up due to things stressing me out, so I did not get a shiny Cubone, now I'm hunting for a shiny Goomy

Ah, sorry about that :x I must have transposed it in my head when I cliked over to type in in my word doc :p Congrats on Noibat then ;)

--------

Well, I didn't get to hunt today. Got called into work. You wouldn't even believe how much stupidity went into this request...Made up excuses, impersonation, borderline phone call harrassment (didn't answer my phone and got called 6 or 7 times in under half an hour)...It makes for funny stories to talk about with coworkers though at least, and they can all agree with how stupid some people can be ;)

So yeah, I filled in for one person this morning and had agreed last Friday that I'd work a different kid's shift tonight, so I was there from 11-10. So no hunting for me today. I did a little hunting yesterday. I'm at 1,700 SRs for Giratina, 1,700 REs on Black 2, and 13,600 REs on HeartGold.

Hopefully I can hunt tomorrow, but the kid I filled in for tonight was supposed to work my shift tomorrow morning, so I'll see if I end up getting called in for another double again =\ At least it'll be overtime if I do...

Good luck, everyone :)

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
hey guys I haven't been here in a while, so if this is the wrong place to post this let me know. Is this the right place to ask for trades for shiny pokemon? Does anyone have any shiny pokemon they are trading? if so, please pm me.