• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ShadowRadon

Shiny Hunter
Finally.....
After over 5000 eggs.
Shiny GOOMY!
It has a mild nature which is actually pretty good,
So glad this is finally over

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Yesterday I caught a shiny Ledyba when I was checking my berry fields. I didn't know that if a tree is shaking it lead to a battle... Oh well, now I have my Naive Shiny Ledybe now called GoldenBug. I've going to try MM a shiny Eevee Timid Eevee now

Scrufox86

Oh my... it has taken a long time. Over 7 hours but I finally found my dark safari shiny and it is shiny Crawdaunt! Well at least I don't have to evolve my shiny corphish or try to fish for either and get duplicates of the other pokemon instead lol. I don't mind getting this as I went into this dark safari because I didn't have any of the three. Vullaby, Crawdaunt and Inkay. Right so now that is done I have 5 types left. I am leaving Electric till last because I have too many of the safari ones as shiny from pokeradar gen IV so I need a specific three combination. I am also leaving flying as that one is tricky too. Right I now have fighting, poison and ground to choose from. I have a ground safari with only Trapinch and Dugtrio in which I think is alright so I think that is my next target.

Congratulations to all new shinies and good luck to all shiny hunters!

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Congratulations to everyone and their new shinnies!

Since completing X, shiny hunting seems to have become my latest addiction. Prior to that, shiny hunting wasn't much of a concern. That changed a bit in my Platinum days, when I encountered two wild shinnies in the course of half an hour! (Bronzong and Roserade). However, it has only been recently that I have seriously taken up the challenge of collecting shiny Pokemon. My last successes was a few weeks ago, when I found out that event Pokemon could be shiny (As I said, still new to shiny hunting). After spending hours trying to get a shiny Kyurem on Black, I decided to try getting a shiny Tyrogue from the Karate King in HeartGold on a whim and, to my shock, I managed to get on after my second attempt, so now I have a lovely pink Hitmontop!

Still trying to get that Kyurem, with no luck. Have been MM'ing a Eevee in X, but I am not sure whether it should turn out to be a Vaporeon or Sylveon (Probably a Vaporeon, as its my favorite Water-type and I do love pink Pokemon!). Currently SR'ing for a shiny Snorlax on HeartGold too, but I am not sure whether to give that up so I can concentrate on getting to and SR'ing for a shiny Lugia/Mewtwo.

May I ask a noob question? Is there an increased chance to find a shiny in the Safari Friend zones? It's just I have heard a lot about people finding shinnies there, and I caught my shiny Chandelure in one some time ago. Forgive me if this is now the right place to ask such questions!

Anyway, good hunting to us all! :)

Swordfish

Flying Fury
I found a shiny Shinx in Diamond a while back.He's a Luxray now. It's the only Shiny i have found in the wild to this day.The others, Gyarados from HGSS, and my shiny Dragonair(White Treehollow). Now i just need Pokebank to transfer them!

View attachment 11709

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
Have not been hunting as of late. Really busy with school at the moment. My next hunt will probably be a shiny HA magikarp/Gyarados but that will be really tough. Do you think FS is better or mm for this kind of thing?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Hi guys!
Nothing new to report, still hunting desperately for this shiny Kyogre (I already have a nickname picked at this point!). Must've reached 5'000 soft resets maybe. I don't know. I just don't count. I wish I had Supremacy's luck with original odds (your Suicune came so quickly!) but unfortunately, Kyogre still remains hidden! It seems like gods wanted me to pay for having it a first time within 2 resets, eheh.
I also had a question to ask you because... why not ? Let's spice things up!

Do you like the sparkling sound of the sixth generation shinies ?

Ever since the fifth generation, I thought the sparkling sound was getting worse. I really, really liked the sparkles sound in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver and it started to disappoint me in Generation 5. Generation 6 made it sound so bad. What was supposed to be a glittering, sparkling sound has become the sound of a metallic coin being dropped on a wood floor. Ah well...

Congratulations on all the recent shinies and good luck everyone on their hunt!
Is having a knocked out synchronizer in front of the party as I encounter Kyogre wrong ? At this point I would believe anything...

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Well, I guess Community Hunt Complete x4! I was in a FS looking for a yellow-flower Flabebe, and this ugly thing showed up...

On the GTS he goes for something better, lol. Grats and good luck all!

I ran into to a shiny snubbull awhile back which i accidentally killed it last year :( also you should be grateful even though snubbull shiny is really nice if it was me eventhough I don't like it I would keep it cauz I love shinies but its your shiny congrats...

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Never been much of a shiny hunter until now. A couple weeks ago I found my first shiny since Diamond in 2007 (Gastly IIRC); a gold Ledyba through a random encounter. Been increasing my efforts in MMing since then and so far they gave me a Froakie, Fletchling and just now, a Modest Roselia! I'm trying to replicate my original playthrough team in shiny form. Halfway there, got Goomy, Torchic and Honedge still to go!

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
Have not been hunting as of late. Really busy with school at the moment. My next hunt will probably be a shiny HA magikarp/Gyarados but that will be really tough. Do you think FS is better or mm for this kind of thing?

In my experience MMing passes abilities down more frequently so I would go that route. Plus you can choose nature as well

Scrufox86

Oh my... just a few hours after my shiny Crawdaunt and I am in a fighting type safari and I have found a shiny Pancham! Wow so this means I now only have 4 types left in my quest. Now then Poison or Ground.... I'll flip a coin I think.

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck to everyone on your shiny hunts!

So I haven't been having the best shiny luck recently (except if you count getting 3 shinies from the GTS- Espeon, Pelipper, and Gothita), but I have been MMing for a Prankster Murkrow recently. Admittedly, I think I've already hatched a few hundred eggs with no result. I've even considered putting it on hold to try and get the Shining Charm.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I've had no shiny luck lately, even with the Shiny Charm(I got a Japanese 3DS like a week before Bank was re-released and downloaded the app the minute I heard it was on the Japanese eshop again). I had stopped shiny hunting last year and now I can't seem to find any, even in the Friend Safari, which was my lucky spot. And with the Shiny Charm, I haven't noticed any change. I'm currently trying to hatch a Shiny Totodile and am nearing 60 eggs hatched so far.

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter
No new shinies to report but I have decided to stop my badgequest as I just have next to no motivaiton to hunt at the moment.
Anyways, I evolved my shiny Qualidin into a Chesnaught and it looks beautiful, just a quick question anyone think I can get competitive use out of a Overgrow, bashful Chesnaught, please PM me if you think I can :)
I tried to CF a Barboach with to no avail but i will be returning to that today.
Congratz on all recent shinies and to those still hunting...
*May the shine be with you!*

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I mean is there an introduction thread?

Yes. Visit The Newbie Help and FAQ Lounge.

Congrats to Swordfish on Shinx, GildedScizor on Ledyba, Froakie, Fletchling, and Roselia, Scrufox on Crawdaunt and Pancham, and everyone else on the previous pages on their shinies!

You guys will never believe what happened to me a couple of days ago. I'm trying to complete the National Dex to get the Shiny Charm, and I took some low-level Pokemon into that same FS where I got shiny Aipom and shiny Kecleon. Remember how I thought it was funny that I've always wanted a shiny Chansey since GSC and this Safari has given me every shiny but that one? Well, I was leveling up my Pokemon, and about 20 encounters in, I hear the sparkle sound! I look down, and it's SHINY CHANSEY!!!!

I was so excited, but the one time I hadn't brought my False Swiper in with me I found shiny Chansey. PLUS, that thing has Take Down, so it can kill itself. I wasn't able to whittle its HP down very much, so I just started chucking Heal Balls and Ultra Balls at it. It broke out of every.single.one. and kept using SoftBoiled. Eventually, it used all its moves and started using Struggle, so I had to Master Ball it. It ended up with a Docile nature and Healer (its HA), when I really would have preferred Natural Cure so I could use it as a wall.

[IMG300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2252_zpscef578cb.jpg[/IMG300]

So I was really excited about this Chansey. I toss it in the box, grab my False Swiper, and head back into the same Safari. TWO ENCOUNTERS LATER, I hear another shiny noise, and I got another shiny Chansey. Two encounters later!!!!! I didn't know what to do with myself! I False Swiped it, but I accidentally took too much damage off of it to where a Take Down would kill my Chansey. I had also used my Master Ball at this point, so I just hoped to Arceus that my Ultra Balls would catch it before it killed itself, and I caught it! This Chansey had an Impish nature and Natural Cure, and "outstanding" IVs, which isn't too bad! I might train it as a wall!

Here are my two shiny Chanseys!

[IMG300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2258_zpsaa2d7562.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2259_zps3501a1ca.jpg[/IMG300]

JoshRJV77

Well my shiny hunt just hit 10,000 REs in my heart gold badge quest! I'm thinking of giving up on it for now to try starting a soul silver badge quest or just doing some random hunting in pokemon Y!