• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

PKMN Trainer Gray

hi guys
gratz on all the new shinies
well... i got yet another shiny Froakie, this one have 31ivs in Hp, Sp Att, Sp Def and Spd, so yeah still missing that 5th perfect iv
i'm gonna try and get the shiny charm... atm i'm wonder trading all 15 boxes of newly born Froakies to get as many pokés as i can to complete my dex

gl with your hunts and read you all later

btw i totally support the couples CH for feb... looking forward for the og royal power couple, Nidoking and Nidoqueen

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
My chespin hunt still hates me. I'm focusing on school since my Ming boxes are all completely full from this hunt. At 450, I hope it doesn't take too much longer...

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to dan2point5 on Eevee, Duckzorz on Squirtle, Bush Clown on Tauros, Romanticide on Fletchling, weightoftheworld on Squirtle, Growlie19 on Totodile, PKMN Trainer Gray on Froakie, and everyone else on your shinies!

-------------

Trying to decide, what to MM. Because this would be my first MM hunt ever, it's freaking me out. I'm just scared, that it will take million eggs before shiny. But I maybe take Eelektross, because it looks cool as shiny, but shiny Tynamo doesn't have much differences than normal form..

You could always start out with a Pokemon with a low egg cycle so they don’t take as long to hatch.

--------------

500 SRs and 600 REs today. I really hope Pidgey shines soon >.< It’s kind of funny; I’m scared of having the same trouble on HeartGold as I am on Black 2 and just finding Sentrets, yet I’m sort of over that same problem on Black 2…I just kind of expect to not find my target on that game :x

Good luck, everyone!

Laurelai

Up tp 250 in my Feeebas MM. So far nada- I know 250 is just scratching the surface, but after the (still unfinished) 2000 egg Larvitar project, I was hoping Feebas would be a little kinder lol. I am however getting several perfect 6 IV Feebas!

Pman11

Pokemon Savant
So guys I have no words for what is happening now. So after trying to get a hang of chaining (to no avail again), I decided to do some more friend zone encounters. After a total of 1289 encounters since my last shiny (which was ponyta), guys I found a FOURTH shiny ponyta.
20140129_233440.jpg

I want a shiny Charmeleon so bad, so I am going to keep trying, but I am losing my patience so fast. I know it sounds bad since I am finding shinies, but good lord please...NO MORE SHINY PONYTAS

MediaKlepto

Playing since 1998
I kind of gave up on chaining when even my husband who has the patience of a saint most of the time couldn't handle all the failed attempts. x'D

I decided to prod the GTS for some of the Transfer-only Pokemon today and wound up nabbing a 5x31 Cherubi (missing only attack) and a 4x31 Darumaka (missing sp.atk and sp.def). I'd love to have shinies of these, and though I'd prefer it if the Darumaka was HA - since there's a chance I wouldn't get it anyway - I think I'll start MMing for one of these! I'll probably start with the Cherubi, since she's in a Love Ball and that's just too adorable.

I also got a 4x31 Litwick off WT today (missing attack and sp.def), so maybe that could be a project for later. :'3

Cyberra

pain in the ***
x.x I cannot believe my luck today...

I was continuing my horde hunt on Route 5, looking for minun, when suddenly I heard sparkles. It wasn't the minun, though. The only plusle in the entire horde was the shiny. And now community hunt complete x5!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6124_zps59efd217.jpg[/IMG139]

After catching plusle I decided that I wanted to hunt seviper on Route 8. But there was also a chance of a shiny zangoose. So I went back to Route 4 after a ralts, which can learn Heal Pulse and hopefully will be able to keep any shiny zangoose from being killed by the seviper. And while I was hunting for that ralts, I ran into this...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6126_zpsaf8afcb4.jpg[/IMG139]

Shiny flabébé. And not just any shiny flabébé, an orange flower flabébé. The rarest on Route 4.

Somebody pinch me...

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
At least put a spoiler tag, those images are quite large ;)

anyway

1275 eggs later (478 eggs after my first Shiny Froakie)

......still no other Shiny Froakie. I hope I'll get my Protean Shiny Froakie soon ._.

in other news, I got a birthday shiny, a Remoraid. It's not my real target (I actually was aiming got a Shiny Chinchou), but I'll take it :D

Pic later XD

Cyberra

pain in the ***
At least put a spoiler tag, those images are quite large ;)

anyway

1275 eggs later (478 eggs after my first Shiny Froakie)

......still no other Shiny Froakie. I hope I'll get my Protean Shiny Froakie soon ._.

in other news, I got a birthday shiny, a Remoraid. It's not my real target (I actually was aiming got a Shiny Chinchou), but I'll take it :D

If I knew how, I would

Tina

Boy Skylark
If I knew how, I would

Click on "Go Advanced" beside "post quick reply" and the spoiler option is there as "Spoi", bottom row to the right side.

Anyways.. Congrats everyone on your recent shinies and goodluck to those still hunting! ^u^

I just reached.. 800 eggs for my furfrou MM. I think I'll take another break and chain on my pearl game for awhile... maybe.

elorasheppard

Congrats to Dan2point5, Royal_Qeca, Duckzorz, Bushclown, romanticide, mynista, 11slimeade11, growlie19, farfromfreedom, bugpokemonmaster316, PKMNtrainergray, pman11, cyberra and shine on your recent shinies

My ridiculous luck this month continues! So I was hatching ekans eggs on X last night while on route 20 in black2 and in the FS on Y and after only 174 a male ekans hatched (it looked more gold in past gens... now it looks kinda green :p) so Community hunt complete #5

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=2132080243&photo_id=20157887697#20157887697

But then, not 5 minutes later, and after only 495 encounters since Sewaddle on Sunday, a shiny sunkern appeared (would not have noticed if it weren't for the sound of sparkles!)

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=2132080243&photo_id=20157887760#20157887760

So that makes for a total of 13 shinies this month, which is just... crazy :D Now Im MMing for a Skiddo before moving on to Pikachu.

Good luck shiny hunters

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
I hunted in Pinwheel Forest Interior and after 7,332 RE's I got.. SHINY SEWADDLE! I love Shiny Sewaddle and it's evo's so I'm so HAPPY! I haven't hunted much today as my BFF is over. I was watching her play PBR and REing, hear sparkles and I look down and see this beauty! She's docile natured and quick to flee! ^_^ Her IV's are: 24/22/17/5/8/30! So great where it counts! ^_^ off to EV train her! More pics:
Sewaddle4_zpsd9c06a0e.jpg
Sewaddle2_zpseb95a69b.jpg

Sewaddle3_zps675a82b2.jpg
Sewaddle1_zpsbc395c63.jpg
^_^ My first 2014 Shiny! Good luck all!
~RaichuArcanine~

Last edited:
Been lurking for ages but I thought I'd get an account and make a post due to my luck today! Congratulations on all of the recent shinies!

After months of MMing on BW2 for a shiny Chikorita (must have hatched over 2000 eggs...) I resumed my search on X to find after only around 450 eggs a golden shiny Chikorita! He's got a modest nature, and has a 28/31/31/31/31/31 IV spread (which I'm pretty happy about!) It's my first MMing shiny and I have to say MMing makes it really easy to do other things while you search! Only problem is now i've got nearly a box full of perfect 6IV and 5IV Chikorita...

I'll keep him as a Chikorita, because shiny Meganium doesn't look as good this gen in my opinion!

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
God Damn these starters. This hunt in my soul silver for a shiny starter is killing me im at like 25,000 SRs im not going to let it beat me though i will get one just you wait ;)

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone on your new shinies! Especially elorasheppard, what incredible luck! ^u^

Anyways.. I chained for Starly on pearl awhile ago because I already chained most of the 5-10% encounter pokemon and I don't have a shiny starly yet, managed to get a chain of 40 on the first try but it took me HOURS to find a shiny patch, after I found one I managed to find two more, though the last one ended my chain because it was smack on the corner of the patch and the chance of those ending the chain was 50/50 i think?
Two girls and a boy, natures are bold, naughty, and brave.

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
In trying to obtain at least one of every Pokemon, I'm making good progress. I'm on Huntail now and the darned thing just won't show up on Route 12. A testament to how long it's taking is that I just managed to completely by accident fish up a shiny Octillery. The chain must have only been about six, and I'm not even using Suction Cups, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Caught a shiny Nidoran-Male a few days ago while looking for a Throh, this makes it my fourth Gen 6 shiny. (First three were a Seaking, Skrelp and Clauncher)

Recently caught a shiny Spewpa while tending to my Berry fields, shame that its nature is Brave however.

Last edited:

TheGordon

I've played Pokemon since red and never encountered a shiny in the wild or by hatching. The shinies I have I've got through trading.

After reading these posts I'm now going to attempt to hatch my first shiny. Wish me luck.

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
I am about seven boxes down on the hunt for a shiny Eevee, but no luck yet. I hope it shines soon!