• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Congrats to everyone on their shinies! Especially ClipOwl with FIVE shiny Venipede, wow! :eek:

So, no more January shinies for me as my clock just hit midnight so it's now the 1st of February here.
Finished hatching all the boxes of eggs for round 2 of my Honedge hunt earlier, 300 hatched now and no shiny yet. May collect for round 3 tomorrow/later today. Hope it shines soon...

As for the CH, I would like to put forward Magikarp and Feebas as a pair too. :)

Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Doobius

got another question for you guys....while watching youtube videos (trying to see footage of a shiny being hatched to see if it also did the stars and sounds) i saw some guy talking about loading up with 5 eggs, and then SR after hatching them all and repeating until one shines. is that even possible? i had read that the shiny is determined when the parents are put in the daycare/when the egg is picked up, so to SR after hatching would not change anything. guess i can look into that and see if nature or stats change, but has anyone heard that?

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
got another question for you guys....while watching youtube videos (trying to see footage of a shiny being hatched to see if it also did the stars and sounds) i saw some guy talking about loading up with 5 eggs, and then SR after hatching them all and repeating until one shines. is that even possible? i had read that the shiny is determined when the parents are put in the daycare/when the egg is picked up, so to SR after hatching would not change anything. guess i can look into that and see if nature or stats change, but has anyone heard that?

The shiny-ness or IVs are determined when the daycare man gets the egg. So the only way to SR for a shiny with eggs is to wait until he has an egg. Then save, then see if that egg is shiny, if not then reset and then go back to him say you dont want the egg then collect and hatch 5 then reset. This method is mainly useful if you don't want to take time storing or releasing them. But honestly the method I prefer the most is storing 3 or more boxes then hatching them and releasing them. Then when the boxes are depleted repeat.

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats on all new shinies and goodluck to those still hunting! ^~^

Would Bagon and Larvitar be considered a pair?

Anyways, I just reached 1010 resets for Lugia and still going strong, I'm hoping that I don't go over 10K because its my first legendary SR... But who knows! haha.
My fever went down significantly too! So I won't have a headache and everywhere hurting the next time I hunt.

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Cyberra on Flabebe, elorasheppard on Ekans and Sunkern, RaichuArcanine on Sewaddle, RazorLeafChikorita on Chikorita, RaichuArcanine on Woobat, ClipOwl on both lots of Venipedes, MultiDarkShadow777 on Cyndaquil, Drakonekoshi on Cubone, Crimson Penguin on Golett, Supremacy on Meditite, I, Pink Elephant on Shuppet, ArdihS on Amaura and Ratata, mapijs on Abra, and everyone else on their shinies!

...It is done. After 286 days, 186 in-game hours, and over 31,600 encounters... BADGE QUEST COMPLETE!!!

Congrats on finishing your BQ!

-------------

After a total of 1289 encounters since my last shiny (which was ponyta), guys I found a FOURTH shiny ponyta.
I want a shiny Charmeleon so bad, so I am going to keep trying, but I am losing my patience so fast. I know it sounds bad since I am finding shinies, but good lord please...NO MORE SHINY PONYTAS

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve found 5 Magbies. Ponyta > > > > > > > > > > > Magby.

--------------

Well, no 5th January shiny for me :( Guess I used up all my luck in the first half of the month…But still, 4 shinies is a good month for me, even if two were duplicates. Hopefully February is just as kind, or better yet, kinder!

I did 500 SRs and 700 REs today. That brings my Giratina hunt to 5,000 SRs so far. I can’t believe how fast it’s going, but I guess when I think of Platinum SRs, I think of the starters which take over a minute, so that explains it :p And Black 2 is at 6,300, so getting close to the odds. HeartGold is at 18,200 REs, so it’s currently my 3rd longest hunt ever. At this point, I’ll be pretty disappointed if Sentret shines, so hopefully it’s Pidgey that shines :p

Good luck, everyone!

MDS777

The name's Riley
Argh. Just filled up my box again for the third time this hunt. I have enough space in my box for 750 Pokemon hatched from eggs. 750 x 3 = 2,250 eggs hatched for my Shuppet reclaim. I think that will be a rap for tonight, which means I only got one shiny this month, being Cyndaquil in Soul Silver. Better than no shiny and considering I didn't even bother hunting at all in X this month until today, that would be why I only got one shiny.

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Congratulations to all the new shiny Pokemon!

I have decided to MM hunt Honedge! I have actually tried to get the best quality Pokemon this time (5IV Male, Brave nature female) I don't actually mind what quality my shines are in the end (Well, its nice if they can hold there own...) but as I had no real decent Honedge at hand, I thought I might a well make an effort. Besides, I do want to make an all Ghost type shiny team one day!

Status update: Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava! :)
9HOW8J0.jpg

n1UmQrd.jpg

Congrats on the Shuppet! After receiving a shiny Cyndaquil yesterday in my Soul Silver game and after you hatching your shiny Shuppet, I have decided that I will continue my hunt for my own shiny Shuppet in X. In case you didn't know, I've already hatched 2,100 eggs for Shuppet without a single being shiny, making it my longest MM hunt ever (yes, I'm aware 2,100 isn't a lot for some people :p).

Also, congrats to everyone else on their shinies and good luck to those hunting! :D

Thanks, glade to see you are not giving up! Remember, don't let the shiny beat you! I am sure you will get one soon enough, just keep at it. It will be worth it in the end! :)

Dangertrout

New month, new CH :p
I think we'll go with General Ridley's list as is, since he went through the trouble of compiling it =)

Friendship
Golbat (Crobat), Chansey (Blissey),Eevee (Umbreon, Espeon, Sylveon), Pichu (Pikachu), Cleffa (Clefairy), Igglybuff (Jigglypuff), Togepi (Togetic), Azurill (Marill), Budew (Roselia), Buneary (Lopunny), Chingling (Chimecho), Munchlax (Snorlax), Riolu (Lucario), Woobat (Swoobat), Swadloon (Leavanny)

Pokemon Pairs
Caterpie-Weedle, Pidgey-Spearow, Nidoran♀-Nidoran♂, Zubat-Woobat, Geodude-Roggenrola, Vulpix-Growlithe, Oddish-Bellsprout, Abra-Ralts, Machop-Timburr, Poliwag-Tympole, Grimer-Koffing, Tyrogue, Elekid-Magby, Pinsir-Heracross, Tauros-Miltank, Eevee (Leafeon and Glaceon), Omanyte-Kabuto, Mewtwo-Mew, Spinarak-Ledyba, Murkrow-Misdreavus, Houndour-Elektrike, Lugia-Ho-oh, Wurmple, Lotad-Seedot, Taillow-Wingull, Sableye-Mawile, Plusle-Minun, Volbeat-Illumise, Carvahna-Wailmer, Zangoose-Seviper, Solrock-Lunatone, Lileep-Anorith, Shuppet-Duskull, Snorunt, Clamperl, Latias-Latios, Cranidos-Shieldon, Burmy, Cresselia-Darkrai, Lillipup-Purrloin, Cottonee-Petlil, Tirtouga-Archen, Gothita-Solosis, Karrablast-Shelmet, Rufflett-Vullaby, Heatmor-Durant, Spritzee-Swirlix, Tyrunt-Amaura, Phantump-Pumpkaboo

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Round 3 for ekans has just come to an end. As before, no shiny. Going into round 4... I was hoping to have ekans or seviper to round out the January CH, but neither was cooperating.

I'm up to 760 horde encounters in my second leg of the seviper hunt. The on-again-off-again rain on route 8 is really starting to tick me off, though.

Once my shiny ekans finally hatches, I'm going to go back to an MM I put off for the January CH... Vanillite. After that, solrock.

Poking around on wonder trade netted me a 5IV male Japanese lucario. According to the little symbols under the picture, he's got perfect everything except Atk. According to Artnerd, with whom I was skyping and who poked me toward wonder trade, that makes him a failure. Meh. I put him in the daycare with a female eevee I caught on route 10 and will begin hatching for a blue sylveon.

Last edited:

FusionKT

*cough*
So yesterday I ran into a shiny Rhydon in the friend safari. It has max attack, defence speed IVs and is jolly, which is pretty amazing. My luck seems to have continued into today though, as I managed to hatch a shiny Charmander whilst breeding. Unfortunately it got none of the IVs I was trying to pass on, but it's still shiny. :D

I think we'll go with General Ridley's list as is, since he went through the trouble of compiling it =)

Friendship
Golbat (Crobat), Chansey (Blissey),Eevee (Umbreon, Espeon, Sylveon), Pichu (Pikachu), Cleffa (Clefairy), Igglybuff (Jigglypuff), Togepi (Togetic), Azurill (Marill), Budew (Roselia), Buneary (Lopunny), Chingling (Chimecho), Munchlax (Snorlax), Riolu (Lucario), Woobat (Swoobat), Swadloon (Leavanny)

Pokemon Pairs
Caterpie-Weedle, Pidgey-Spearow, Nidoran♀-Nidoran♂, Zubat-Woobat, Geodude-Roggenrola, Vulpix-Growlithe, Oddish-Bellsprout, Abra-Ralts, Machop-Timburr, Poliwag-Tympole, Grimer-Koffing, Tyrogue, Elekid-Magby, Pinsir-Heracross, Tauros-Miltank, Eevee (Leafeon and Glaceon), Omanyte-Kabuto, Mewtwo-Mew, Spinarak-Ledyba, Murkrow-Misdreavus, Houndour-Elektrike, Lugia-Ho-oh, Wurmple, Lotad-Seedot, Taillow-Wingull, Sableye-Mawile, Plusle-Minun, Volbeat-Illumise, Carvahna-Wailmer, Zangoose-Seviper, Solrock-Lunatone, Lileep-Anorith, Shuppet-Duskull, Snorunt, Clamperl, Latias-Latios, Cranidos-Shieldon, Burmy, Cresselia-Darkrai, Lillipup-Purrloin, Cottonee-Petlil, Tirtouga-Archen, Gothita-Solosis, Karrablast-Shelmet, Rufflett-Vullaby, Heatmor-Durant, Spritzee-Swirlix, Tyrunt-Amaura, Phantump-Pumpkaboo

So much choice, i dont know what to go for. I might start off with one of the happiness Pokemon just for Simplicity. I guess Crobat Or Buneary are the most likely candidates. As for me, Im sorry to say i have no new news to report as of such but i can give an update. Ive been in a fairy safari for over two weeks now trying for Swirlix, Kirlia and Flabebe. No luck so far! Congrats to all on their recent shinies

Tina

Boy Skylark

Friendship

Pokemon Pairs

I'll be sure to participate in this! I want to try getting one from each category... Maybe Crobat and Spritzee. Also, would Agon and Larvitar be considered a pair?

Congrats on all new shinies and goodluck to those still hunting!
I just reached 1324 resets for Lugia, I'm hoping to reach 2000 tonight.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Thank you all for the congrats! Sadly I'm not 18 so I can't buy a lotto ticket. I decided to count Stellaluna towards my BQ too so I now have four badges ;). I'm currently hunting Oshawott via MM. I have my Shiny Flame Body Chandelure traded over to help with egg hatching, and a Japanese Oshawott, breeding with my Adamant Female. I've hatched 87 so far. I start TAFE Monday so I won't have as much hunting time then. Good luck all!
~RaichuArcanine~

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
I am pleased to announce my hunt for a shiny Charmander is at its end! I just hatched a shiny Charmander via Masuda Method in Pokemon Y!

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

After watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince last night, I've now reached 13,900 SRs for Lugia. Maybe it's good that it ran into this month, seeing as it counts for the CH.

Good luck to everybody still hunting!

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
Unfortunately, in my sleep-deprived egg-hatching spree yesterday, I was unable to hatch a green Deino.
I have about six MM hunts on hold as of now, and luckily for the Community Hunt, one of them is Cranidos.

Dangertrout

I'm not going to change the list now that it has been posted, so sorry to anyone coming up with ideas now.

Last night I picked up my Pearl game and worked a bit on my BQ.
Not SRing the starter, as it takes too long.
Not counting encounters either, just gonna keep track of the hours and guess based on that.
I think I've timed it before and done ~100 encounters in an hour.
So that would make this hunt about 450 encounters so far.

Duckzorz

Hatched a nice purple and blue gastly last night after ust 14 eggs :) timid and 31/x/x/31/31/31. Named him morty after the johto gym leader.

PhazonRain429

Pokémon collector
I just hatched a shiny Goomy, he's modest with perfect Iv's and with Gooey! I sure got lucky with him! C: