• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
I have a great Idea for a future hunt for X and Y, a FOSSIL HUNT! since fossil's are easier to obtain and endless everyone has a chance to get a shiny, AND.... its the only SR'able pokemon next to the starters. At least im sure.

Slushie

Requiescat en pace.
Taking it slow on the SR birds for my GB games and decided to go for a shiny zubat so that I could get it up to a Crobat. I love Crobat.

But yeah, so far I'm one box down, or thirty eggs hatched with nothing yet.

Fisherman Fizz

I did it :) I completed all 718 entries in my national Dex for the Shiny Charm!!!

That was two days ago and since then,

MM Shiny 5IV Timid Vulpix in 20 Eggs (no HA tho)

Shiny Hoppip in 8 Hordes

And I have 10 Boxes of 5IV Jolly Darumakas to hatch, hopefully one of the, is shiny.

Shiny Charm is definitely worth it, even though it took forever to complete it.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I'm just raking in the Water starters, you guys. Shiny Modest 2IV (HP/SpDef) Piplup with Yawn in 5 eggs! That makes Totodile, Squirtle, and Piplup, all accidental shiny water starters, all within 10 eggs, in 3 weeks. Now if only I could get shinies I actually want. Like Tentacool. I'm almost wishing that I hadn't traded Totodile away because at this rate, I'll have a shiny of each starter by the end of the month. I've already got Ivysaur, too. You know that once I start actually trying for a shiny, though, it'll take me a thousand eggs before I get it.

[IMG300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2264_zps8281402a.jpg[/IMG300]

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to GildedScizor on Torchic, Keovix on Groudon, GildedScizor on Honedge, imaGe on Ralts, I, Pink Elephant on Honedge, darklover50 on Vulpix, Fisherman Fizz on Vulpix, varanus_komodoensis on Piplup, and everyone else on your shinies!

------------

Well, 800 REs and 500 SRs today. Platinum is at 6,400 SRs, Black 2 is at 8,300 REs, and HeartGold is at 20,200 REs. So now I’ve got one hunt over the odds and one hunt over 2x over the odds u.u I’ve still got one hunt still under the odds though, but it won’t stay that way much longer :x

I also did a practice round on Giratina when I was done…53 pokeballs thrown but still failed it :( It even shook twice 5 times and shook thrice 4 times, just no catch >.< On a brighter note, out of the 20 times I’ve practiced since finalizing my team, I’ve caught it in a pokeball 13 times. So I’m 5,324 times more likely to catch it in a pokeball than I am to even finding it shiny, so that’s kind of promising :s And the catch rate calculators seem to say each pokeball has a 2.34% chance, so that’s 191 times more likely than finding it shiny :p I think I’d prefer being able to catch it in a pokeball more than I prefer it being a not-long hunt…Not that I’d say no to having a shorter hunt and catching it in a pokeball!

Good luck, everyone!

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Oh my gosh this is insane!! I was hunting while watching Pokemon videos on YouTube, and somehow I ended up on The Eevee Song. It didn't even cross my mind that I was watching the video while hunting for Eevee... But then, no joke, while she was singing the line "I'll be whatever you need me to be!", I. Freaking. Found. A SHINY Eevee!!! I know this sounds really cheesy and extremely unbelievable, but the timing of the two events was literally simultaneous. Seriously, I looked up to see the Gyarados eat the waitress, I laughed, looked down at my screen and there sat a shiny Eevee. Either that video gave me the luck I needed, or I just experienced the strangest coincidence of all time.

[IMG139]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/493x370q90/607/4uj5.jpg[/IMG139]

Wow, still trying to recover from the shock, and from laughing at how weird that coincidence was..... Wow. Anyway, it took 4,255 SRs on FireRed, so it was a fairly generous hunt! And it's the 5th shiny on my BQ, which means I get to move on now! I'm still having a hard time deciding what to evolve him into, though. I really like Flareon, but it's such a hard choice... Hm.

Congrats on all the new shinies! And good luck to everyone who is hunting, especially those with really long hunts! Hang in there!:)

elorasheppard

Hello guys, apologies for the blanket congrats but Ive been non-hunting the last few days, so I haven't been on. But congratulations to all new shinies!

I managed to get a shiny Braixen in the FS with its HA in small time I did hunt on Saturday which is about 2000 - 2100 encounters since talonflame, but for some reason this kind of put me off for a few days (no idea why).

So I took a break, and now Im ready to start hunting again! Good luck shiny hunters

Oh and I like the idea of a multiple part CH, have you considered a 2 part CH. with a bonus part that if you complete all 3 you get on the front page as a sort of hall of fame thing?

CallMyName

After 4,290 eggs I got my shiny Vulpix! :D I'm so happy right now I could cry. xD

[IMG200]http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp203/darklover50/Mobile%20Uploads/97348e3a-6449-4b91-b98a-7c127dbc9fab_zps6f81efa0.jpg[/IMG200]
Named her Yuki. :3

Congrats on recent shinies and good luck hunting everyone! :)
wow 4.2k respect :D did u mm that vulpix or just normal hatching?

Arcaten

Arcanine Trainer
Just to say I finally have my shiny Sewaddle on my X cart! It was the first shiny I caught as part of this community! I'll update with pictures soon :)

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Congrats to everyone on their shinies since my last post :)

That was quick! Got that blood-red Honedge within about 20 eggs of shiny Torchic. Yeah buddy! On to my MMing my final team member, the illustrious lord Goomy.

Done. 3 shinies in one day - awesome :D. I knew Goomy takes forever to hatch so I decided to hatch them while in a Sliggoo Friend Safari and got that gold Gooey Sliggoo pretty quickly. I haven't been having the greatest luck with natures though - this one's Adamant. Regardless my challenge to replicate my original team in shiny form is done and I am stoked!

CallMyName

hehe finally pokebank is out in uk :D i now can tranfer my shiny rayquaza to my pokemon y ^^

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone on your recent shinies and goodluck to those still hunting! :D
Also, yay for Pokebank releasing! I had it awhile ago via my Japanese 3DS but I know a fair amount of people wanting to transfer some of their shinies thats on gen5.

Anyways, I just reached 3773 resets for Lugia, I hope I can make it to 4K tonight.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
hehe finally pokebank is out in uk :D i now can tranfer my shiny rayquaza to my pokemon y ^^

Darn you ¬.¬ I have two shinies I want to transfer from Gen V to Gen VI, and I want to get my latios from Black 2. It knows telekinesis and earthquake, so if I get a shiny zangoose in a seviper horde I can levitate it and flatten the seviper before they can kill it.

I'm up to 1,300 hordes for seviper... Hopefully that darn snake shines soon. In Black 2 I have just under two boxes left to fill before I can start round 5 for ekans. I've also decided that once I get seviper I'm gonna fill my boxes with eevee eggs in Y and ride back and forth along route 7 to hatch them. So there might be a ton of modest eevee showing up in wonder trade. There will be warning before that flood starts.

GildedScizor

The drinking bird

Likewise, I got my shiny Rayquaza transferred over just now as well! *virtual high-five*

CallMyName

Likewise, I got my shiny Rayquaza transferred over just now as well! *virtual high-five*
high 5 ^^ sorry if this is off topic but is the pokebank celebii shiny lock ? ^^ been trying mm a shiny gabite for 3 week hit over 2k egg, been trying to complete dex last 2 hour to get shiny charm hope it help with mming :D

Dangertrout

I like the idea, but having to complete all 3 seems a bit too much. IMO, make it a minimum of 2.

I think it's only a bit much if you hunt outside of gen 6, given the amount of shinies people are reporting per month.
Also, I wanted it to be a bit of a challenge, given that people have been completing CHs 4x over lately >.<

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Well holy hell, Pokebank coming out today was unexpected. Needless to say I've spent the past hour sorting out all the administrative transportation and now I am the owner of a lovely shiny charm, which I intend on putting to good use!

By the way, it just occurred to me that some of these Pokemon I've transported over are all the way back from Hoenn. Meaning some of my Pokemon are older than my youngest siblings. What the actual heck.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Well holy hell, Pokebank coming out today was unexpected. Needless to say I've spent the past hour sorting out all the administrative transportation and now I am the owner of a lovely shiny charm, which I intend on putting to good use!

By the way, it just occurred to me that some of these Pokemon I've transported over are all the way back from Hoenn. Meaning some of my Pokemon are older than my youngest siblings. What the actual heck.

What the heck. That's scary.

Bank better be released in North America soon!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!

Laurelai

Fighting off a bit of dejection (2000 eggs, no shiny Larvitar, 500 eggs, no shiny Feebas, 150 eggs, no shiny for this months CH) so I decided to do a little chain fishing so I could hear that *bling* and see the sparkles around a new pokemon :D And I did! about 25 casts and this

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/Mobile Uploads/IMG_20140204_114055_zps0ab358a1.jpg

showed up. IVs are awful its as slow as molasses in January, but its my shiny kelp dragon :D Its what I wanted from here too because if I'm going to get a Horsea, I want to MM it. So! Am Happy!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to pokemaster13 on Eevee, and everyone else on your shinies!

-----------

Well, my hunt for Pidgey has become my second-longest hunt, passing my previous second longest hunt of 20,378 (which sadly ended with a 5th Magby). Luckily, it only beats that hunt by 4 REs, as after 20,382 REs, I found a shiny Pidgey!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/F8i19A8.jpg[/IMG200]

It appeared on my 182nd RE of the day…I’d actually been slowing down a bit and was distracted trying to decide what I’d hunt next after finding Pidgey, since, like Giratina, I’m going to need certain moves if I want to catch Ho-Oh in a pokeball, which means I need to find certain pokemon in my next 3 hunts. So I was clicking along looking at moves, and entered an encounter, and then I saw the lighter color when it first appeared on the screen and froze…But it also wouldn’t have been the first time I was shino’d by a Pidgey, so I just kept watching eagerly, getting more and more sure it was shiny as it continued across the screen, until it finally was revealed in full and I saw the lighter colors for sure, followed by some sparkles and I was just so happy :p

Better yet, which I checked immediately after knowing it was shiny, it’s female! I wouldn’t have cared if it was male, but I was hoping for a female. She’s got a Brave nature (+Atk, -Speed, so kinda good, kinda bad)and is A little quick tempered.

I’m so so so happy she finally shone :) And now I can go fight the 5th Gym and get Fly, which is why I wanted Pidgey so badly by this gym, as I wouldn’t have used Fly unless I had a shiny on my BQ team that could use it (so finding an Oddish would have been cool, but then I’d be stuck walking everywhere still).

Shadowkrow, I know we were both having bad luck on our 5th shinies for our HG BQs, so just stick with it since it’ll eventually shine :p And as long as I’m naming names this time (which I generally avoid so I don’t leave anyone out), good luck with Giratina, AquaRegisteel, that’s being quite the stubborn dragon! And of course, good luck to everyone else on your hunts :p

Oh, and one last thing since it looks like it counts for this months CH: Community Hunt Complete!

EDIT: Heh, I keep forgetting :3 Turns out I don't even need to worry about as many pokemon...I keep thinking Ho-Oh will know Safeguard (and as such, I'd need a paralyzer since sleep won't be practical when that's the only move it has left), but it actually doesn't :x So for now (until later hunts) I just need a sleeper and a pokemon to drain health...So I'll probably go for a Poliwag/Poliwhirl for Hypnosis, and a Ratata for Endeavor/Super Fang.

Last edited: