• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Well, I decided to hunt a bit in the friend safari for the shiny spritzee I'm looking for, I'm doing both MM and FS to try to get one.
Now, I didn't find one yet, but after only 20 encounters, I found a shiny Dedenne, so I'm really happy with it.

Now, the kinda annoying thing is that the only safari I have with spritzee in it is one with Dedenne and Clefairy in it too. And I have the both of those shiny, so I think I'll just MM for the spritzee now.

MDS777

The name's Riley
Now that Poke Bank is out in the US, I've transferred my recently obtained shiny Quilava as well as some event Pokemon I forgot I even had.

Here's a pic of Quilava.
WDrSTwh.jpg

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
I was just getting ready to do a mass release/wondertrade to clear up room for more MMing... then the bank opens!!
Instantly have 20 boxes full on there of randoms. I can do it 4 more times before I have to worry about space again!!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Hello guys. I'm so happy that PokeBank is now out in England (oh, and other countries, too :p ). I'm thinking of transferring all my Pokemon over to it, then to X, and then doing another play through on Y.

In shiny news I'm now at 670 Chespin eggs hatched in X, and up to 3432 soft resets for shiny Amaura.

I hope something shines soon, because I'm feeling a bit depressed right now. We took our elderly cat, Smudge, to the vet yesterday to have her claws clipped and her stomach looked at (since she's been losing her fur, and I'd noticed a strange dark mark on her skin there the night before) and it turns out that "dark mark" is actually a lump in her mammary gland, and she has to go back next wednesday to have it removed and have tests run on it to see if she has cancer. :( Poor old Smudgie. Now I'll be wondering how long she's had this tumor, and if we could have noticed it any earlier and done something about it. I hope she isn't in any pain...

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
With Bank released in America I can finally claim my Shiny Charm, caterpie hunt has had another 150 eggs. Definitely taking longer than tyrunt, but, than again, I definitely enjoy the smaller amount of egg steps.

Keovix

Congrats to everyone on your shinies!

Here's my update on two hunts, I caught a shiny Mewtwo yesterday in SS, it has naive nature, it doesn't have good IV's though, the possible highest is a Special Defense of 15.
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/keovix/Mobile%20Uploads/DSCN2358_zps232d472f.jpg
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/keovix/Mobile%20Uploads/DSCN2366_zps43267941.jpg

And earlier today I finally caught a shiny Virizion in White2 after 6608 SR, I had the shiny charm equipped in both B2/W2, it has a high IV in Attack (either 28 or 29).
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/keovix/Mobile%20Uploads/DSCN2380_zps3846c98a.jpg

In Pokemon X using the shiny charm I found shiny Throh, Drapion and Gloom in the FS.

Currently I'm resuming my first unfinished hunt which is Lugia in SS, right now I have 4716 SR including the ones from the first hunt and also today I started hunting Cobalion in B2 and W2, I have done 88 SR.

Good luck on your current hunts! :)

PKMN Trainer Gray

well, kind of shiny news
i'm still not sure why i can get Pokébank yet... but thanks to an awesome dude, Stefan21, i was able to complete my dex and have in my Key items the SHINY CHARM, right now i'm going after Moltres to try it, tomorrow will continue my search for the perfect shiny Froakie

congratz guys on all those shinies

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone and goodluck to those still hunting! ^u^

No shiny news from me again... Except reaching 4400 resets for Lugia. I hope I can get 5K today!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
With the Shiny Charm in my possession thanks to PokeBank's release in North America, I decided to hunt in a Friend Safari to end up with this:

https://i.imgur.com/1xIUYhG.jpg

It ain't nothing to brag about much since you can chain fish it aaaand it's coupled with a Sassy nature and Overcoat. Still happy about my first Shiny Charm shiny.

I got a RE Shiny Machoke the other day while randomly biking around in a Fighting Safari.

Im currently MMing for a Shiny Speed Boost Torchic, but I have to put that on hold...

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats to:
Cloneblazer12 on Machoke, Dragalge on Cloyster, Something~Kinda~Ooooh on Hoppip, Keovix on Mewtwo and Virizion and Groudon and Meinfoo, Royal _Qeca on Pachirisu, Drake Poketrainer on Dedenne, Shadowkrow on Carvanah and Fletchling and Oshawott, Shadow Radon on Snivy, Cpchris on Poliwag and Pidgey, 2rsa on Trapinch, CallMyName on Larvesta, Greedy Chibi on Riolu, Neji-and-Pidgeot on Braixen, GrayFire503 on Regirock, MultiDarkShadow777 on Bellsprout, Crimson_Blazer on Starly, Gligari on Chikorita, ShinyMisty on Ledyba and Gastly and Snubbull, sdotj on Drowzee, KzBreakdow on Zigzagoon, yoshi007 on Kyurem, Tsukuyomi56 on Volbeat, FairyWitch on Swirlix, Laurelai on Skrelp, darklover50 on Vulpix, elorasheppard on Braixen, pokemaster13 on Eevee, varanus_komodoensis on Piplup, Fisherman Fizz on Vulpix and Hoppip, I, Pink Elephant on Honedge, ScorpionX on Shuppet, tonyg44x on Spritzee and Ducklett and Flabebe, Voodoo900 on Ariados and Phantump, imaGe on Ralts, rocky505 on Mareep, Cyberra on Taillow and congrats to any other shinies since my last post!
Sorry to hear about your kitty Helio :( I hope Smudge will be okay. It's always scary when something like that happens. I remember when we took our dog Kelsey to the vet for her ear infection and the vet found a lump under her tail that no one had noticed before, not even the vets. I was so worried about her.

I finally have some more shiny new to report since my last update. So this morning I was continuing to work on my Wi-fi team for tournaments and stuff such as the XY Test Competition. I was hatching Shroomish eggs to get a nice outstanding Technician Breloom. At one point while hatching a batch of Shroomish eggs I said to my self "Since I've been hatching so many eggs and one of the parents is foreign, there's a good chance that I could hatch a shiny" and literally right after I said that, this guy hatched:

[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0276_zpsa486450f.jpg[/IMG139]
I think I will name him Tyson. He looks like a Tyson to me, at least when he is a Breloom anyway. He hatched with his Hidden Ability, Egg moves and IVs of 31/31/31/31/22/27 not bad! I've wanted a shiny Breloom since Gen 3 so I'm really happy! more pictures: Ot/ID, Full 3DS Shot, Video

Last edited:

Slushie

Requiescat en pace.
Took a break and decided to wander around the friend safaris. But anyways I hit 150 eggs for my Zubat, and sadly still nothing... Hopefully I'll get a shiny soon because I'd rather not have this drag on for too long.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
So I downloaded Bank earlier to get myself a flawless japanese ditto on Y, and I decided to restart Y to get myself a 10/12/2014 game start date (yeah, I changed my date setting, I don't care) with a quick completion time since I did have the game release day and this last run was supposed to be a challenge but I gave up before the second gym. Anyways, I forgot to record how many chespin I hatched before restarting, but I did have over 600 but less than 630. I might just call it a little over 600, but that hunt will resume as soon as I beat the game (which should hopefully be around Friday as that would line up with when I originally beat the game)

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
Hello guys. I'm so happy that PokeBank is now out in England (oh, and other countries, too :p ). I'm thinking of transferring all my Pokemon over to it, then to X, and then doing another play through on Y.

In shiny news I'm now at 670 Chespin eggs hatched in X, and up to 3432 soft resets for shiny Amaura.

I hope something shines soon, because I'm feeling a bit depressed right now. We took our elderly cat, Smudge, to the vet yesterday to have her claws clipped and her stomach looked at (since she's been losing her fur, and I'd noticed a strange dark mark on her skin there the night before) and it turns out that "dark mark" is actually a lump in her mammary gland, and she has to go back next wednesday to have it removed and have tests run on it to see if she has cancer. :( Poor old Smudgie. Now I'll be wondering how long she's had this tumor, and if we could have noticed it any earlier and done something about it. I hope she isn't in any pain...
I hope your cat is alright, my eldest dog has been having a few health problems recently so I know how you feel

In my shiny news, other than the zigzagoon that I mentioned last page, I have my Gallade from platinum that looks awesome in 3D and I'm currently trying to hatch a shiny zorua, but after the unsuccessful 3 months of almost non-stop hatching for shiny absol in black 2, I must say that my will is starting to break

General_Ridley

Palace Maven Spenser
....also, I just noticed something in the CH list:

- Why, for Eevee, it's only Leafeon and Glaceon? Umbreon and Espeon are a pair too.....

- I doubt Lillipup and Purrloin are meant to be a pair. One has two evolution stages, the other only one. They're not version exclusive either. I think it's just a coincidence that we have a dog and a cat on the same regional Dex.

Umbreon and Espeon are listed under Friendship evos. That's why.

Lillipup and Purrloin purely because they're introduced together cat and dog.

Last edited:

shadowF

So now that pokebank is out I sended all of my shiny pokemon from pokemon white 2 to pokemon x! I however have decided to take a break from my mm hunt for my kalos bred shiny charmander and beat the white tree hollow so I can get my shiny dratini and send it to pokemon x before the trial runs out.

P.S
I have hatched 337 charmanders and still no shiny, does anyone have a few words of encouragement?

CallMyName

hi . today i was in fighting safari after 230 encounter i got a shiny hidden ability throh serious nature T_T sync didnt work max iv in attack and def ^^

Slushie

Requiescat en pace.
After 169 eggs of menacing Zubats I have finally got a shiny green Zubat!!!!! I am soo happy and relieved!!

Haven't looked at IVs yet, but I know her nature is not so great. But either way, this Zubat will be Crobat in time.

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums...6-73a8-42e9-83ab-578ae4393db4_zps462ef3c1.jpg

It was hard to get a decent picture of him since she kept flapping all and about lol.

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s572/TheSlushie/IMG_1820_zps2f708608.jpg

Don't know if I wanna name her or not...

Last edited: