• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Dangertrout

Well, I've put some more time into my BQ, almost at 2100 REs.
I think I might move up a route if only for a change of scenery, getting tired of seeing the same 2 pokemon >.<
In other news, I was REing in a FS at the same time and got a shiny Phantump ^_^
I think I'll stick around in there a bit longer and see if I can get a shuppet as well :p

EmeraldPhoenix

Shiny Hunter
Now that Bank is out here in the US as well, I've got the Shiny Charm in hand to continue with my Phantump MM hunt.
So far, I've gotten about 650 eggs, with about 15 of them being since I obtained the charm. Hopefully it shines for me soon!
I'm going to finish one more box of eggs before heading to my friend's Safari and trying to get a shiny Tropius.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to ShadowRadon on Snivy, Shadowkrow on Oshawott, Keovix on Mewtwo and Virizion, Ampharos_Spark on Shroomish, Slushie on Zubat, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Shadowkrow and Ampharos_Spark :)

Sorry to hear about your cat, Heliotrope. Hope she’s alright! Don’t beat yourself up over it though; even if there was something you could have done, worrying yourself over it won’t solve anything :)

------------

Thanks! Congrats on your badge quest it looks like its going nicely, and are you getting ho-oh for your 8th badge? Does it count for it?

Thanks :) I don’t think I fight Ho-Oh until after I get the 8th badge, so since I’m continuing my BQ through Kanto, I’m planning on going for it for my 9th Badge.

------------

Poliwag is now Poliwhirl! Except I forgot to keep leveling her up, so she’s at 39 right now instead of 43 like the rest…Beat the 6th gym and am now ready for gym 7, just as soon as I find my next shiny!

I think I’m going to make Poliwhirl a bit of an HMer. So in addition to Hypnosis, I’ll give her Whirlpool and Waterfall (the latter would also make for a good physical STAB move, basically the only one Poliwhirl has unless Dive is considered good). I might even give her Surf as well, but at the same time, I might just want to leave Body Slam or something else on for when I have her battle…

I also have the live video of my Poliwag uploaded! You can kind of sort of barely notice a difference when it appears :p At least I actually did notice it, which once again boosts my confidence anytime I’m hunting a pokemon and wondering, “Will I be able to tell when it’s shiny?” (Piplup did this to me as well)

So now on to my next hunt which will be for Ratata at Sprout Tower, and Oddish at Ilex Forest at night. If by chance I end up finding a shiny Paras, who can learn False Swipe (in addition to sleep powder and stun spore), I’ll most likely postpone Ratata for a while. I’d still like a shiny Ratata at some point, but there are definitely some other pokemon that would take priority over Ratata right now. But Paras is only 15% and only when I hunt at night, so it doesn’t seem likely…

I’m still just really happy I found this shiny Poliwag so soon :D

Good luck on all your hunts, everyone!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
@ Cpchris - Maybe you should've wished on that shooting star for growlithe to stop playing hard-to-get lol

I too now have pokebank, but due to wi-fi hiccups (WPA connection instead of WEP, Black 2 does not even recognize it and mom will KILL me if I mess around with it trying to switch it to WEP), I'm going to have to wait until I get near the mall to try and use it (only the mall has compatible wi-fi, as far as I've been able to tell). So still no transfers for me... Though that will give me some time to catch Regigigas in Platinum and transfer it over to Black 2. I very badly want to play with the King of Giants in pokemon amie ^_^;;;;;

I finished my fourth hatch for ekans. It's still being a butt >.< I've already begun egg collection for round 5.

Nulava

Banned
[Size=+2]Pokemon X[/Size]

After scampering around the Friend Safari, I stumble upon my 6th shiny, a Shiny Spheal.
I love this cute little purple seal. It has some interesting attributes that I am really excited for.
This shiny makes a great addition for my collection, I plan on treasuring this Pokemon.

Congratulations to everyone on there recent shinies,
And good luck to those in there future shiny hunt. :D

Rakurai

I just hatched my first Masuda Method shiny ever after around 100 eggs, which was a shiny Deino.

Better yet, she's functionally flawless as far as her IVs go, meaning she'll actually be usable for battles.

Going to try for an Electrike next...

CallMyName

Does shiny charm affect friend safari? because after my shiny throh 2hour ago i goes back to fire safari hoping to get a shiny ninetales and i got a shiny growlithe mild with 3 max ivs in hp/attack and speed sync didn't work. That make 3 shiny (larvesta/throh/growlithe) in safari today just after i got my shiny charm .

Nulava

Banned
Does shiny charm affect friend safari? because after my shiny throh 2hour ago i goes back to fire safari hoping to get a shiny ninetales and i got a shiny growlithe mild with 3 max ivs in hp/attack and speed sync didn't work. That make 3 shiny (larvesta/throh/growlithe) in safari today just after i got my shiny charm .

Yes.

In Pokémon X & Y, the rate increases from the standard 1 in 4096 to 1 in 1365.3.

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
Hunting for #2 in my HG Badge Quest. I have decided to hunt in sprout tower for Gastly or Rattata, of which I am up to 424 RE's, it takes quite a while for encounters in the tower, but I am not in any hurry.
My Shiny Cyndaquil is now a lvl 25 Quilava that thanks to hunting Gastly and Rattata has been mostly EV trained in Sp. Att and Speed :)

I have only come across one shiny Doduo in the FS of my Y, but my GF found a shiny Noibat in one of her FS, with 5 Perfect IV'S!! That is better than my MM'd shinies :O
Anyway, just a quick little update, congrats to everyone on their shinies, especially Cpchirs on Pidgey and Poliwag (it gives me motivation in my BQ :D ) and good luck to those still hunting.

Zivinolette

Livin' The Dream
After my Starly i tried CFing a poliwhirl and got a dratini instead. Lol i get the rare thing when trying to find just a poliwhirl

Funny story, I was CFing for a Dratini and got a shiny Poliwhirl instead. I was stoked because I've always wanted a shiny Politoed... But alas, no Dratini and I am still hunting for it xP I'm jealous

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to 2rsa on Trapinch, Cpchris on Poliwag, ShadowRadon on Snivy, ShadowKrow on Oshawott, Keovix on Mewtwo and Virizion, Ampharos_Spark on Shroomish, Slushie on Zubat, Rakurai on Deino, and everyone else!

Yes.

In Pokémon X & Y, the rate increases from the standard 1 in 4096 to 1 in 1365.3.

But the rate in the Friend Safari is 1/500-ish, and that's before the shiny charm. I don't think the rates for SC+FS have been confirmed, or that it even works there.

-----------------------

Well I hatched my remaining three boxes and still no shiny Fletchling, so that's now 1,500 eggs hatched! Thankfully bank came out, so I took a lil' break to trade over a bunch of my shinies. It was really nice seeing them in 3D, especially Bisharp <3. Taking a break and appreciating all my past shinies gave me the morale I needed for Fletchling; gonna start collecting eggs soon, so hopefully this hunt doesn't take too much longer.

Good luck guys. :]

CallMyName

Gratz to 2rsa on Trapinch, Cpchris on Poliwag, ShadowRadon on Snivy, ShadowKrow on Oshawott, Keovix on Mewtwo and Virizion, Ampharos_Spark on Shroomish, Slushie on Zubat, Rakurai on Deino, and everyone else!

But the rate in the Friend Safari is 1/500-ish, and that's before the shiny charm. I don't think the rates for SC+FS have been confirmed, or that it even works there.

-----------------------

Well I hatched my remaining three boxes and still no shiny Fletchling, so that's now 1,500 eggs hatched! Thankfully bank came out, so I took a lil' break to trade over a bunch of my shinies. It was really nice seeing them in 3D, especially Bisharp <3. Taking a break and appreciating all my past shinies gave me the morale I needed for Fletchling; gonna start collecting eggs soon, so hopefully this hunt doesn't take too much longer.

Good luck guys. :]
i think it work(in my opinion) cause i got 3 shiny in FS today :X before it took me 2 week to see 1 in FS ^^

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

I'm now up to 100 eggs for my second shiny Riolu. No shiny yet. Since Lucario is my favourite Pokemon I'm going to keep hatching till I get my perfect IV shiny. Hope I get it soon so I can move onto something else.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Laurelai

ok! Have my oval and shiny charms after a very lengthy swap session last night (and this morning). I'm not sure if its an elegant or clumsy process- all the cartridge swapping was irritating the spit out of me (I didn't work at finishing the Kalos dex because its really hard to motivate when you know you have a complete dex in the cartridge in the same room). However, I am now the happy owner of a oval and shiny charm :) Now maybe Larvitar will @#$% shine for me!! I have 4 irons in the fire currently- one of them *should* shine soon.....

.... one smirkable aspect of having my full dex back now is when some douchebag initiates trade with me just to show off their toys, I can pretty much out-douchebag them :D

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
i think it work(in my opinion) cause i got 3 shiny in FS today :X before it took me 2 week to see 1 in FS ^^

I picked up 5 shinies in one day in the Friend Safari last December, so it can happen.

AHHHH! Just accidentally hatched a PERFECT Shiny Scyther with Defog and Baton Pass in a Nest Ball by accident!! Super excited!