• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
So once again while triple hunting for latias, kyruem, and my HG badgequest a SHINY HAS SHONE! a female modest (Ewww) SANDSLASH!
This is such a lucky file oh my gosh within 4 days already 2 shinies on the badgequest. Shoutout to Grayfire I was texting him when I got this, also when me and him were doing a sort of badgequest and he got both a Chikorita and Sandshrew 2 years ago XD and thats what I have so far on my badgquest. It must've been only 1,000-2,000 RE's max. So Happy right now! Her Ivs are 8/8/6/4/15/26
so 2nd Badge Complete

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
I just caught a shiny VANILITE while ev training special attack hehehe :D

Neji-and-Pidgeot

After 532 encounters in the friend safari I found a shiny pidgey. The first thing I did was use taunt so that it couldn't use whirlwind and escape. I then used false swipe and caught it in a dusk ball. Its female like I wanted but it is relaxed. Oh well. Its most likely going to go on my team and replace the pidgeot that I have now. I just have to level it up.

MDS777

The name's Riley
Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies. Sorry for the loss on Ivysaur, ShinyMisty. :(

Finally! After 3,248 eggs, my shiny Shuppet is here! This is my longest MM hunt ever. Community Hunt complete x2

For those who don't know, I had caught a shiny Shuppet in Emerald version back then, which was one of my first ever shinies. When Diamond and Pearl first introduced the GTS, I traded away my shiny Banette for a Pokemon I don't remember (I was a stupid kid at the time :p). Since Generation VI introduced mega Banette, I figured I would MM for it and claim it back. :)

Pics of Shuppet:
KcST42m.jpg

YyyKbAM.jpg

I plan on hunting for Ralts next. If it's female, I'll evolve it into Gardevoir. If it is male, Gallade. I don't mind which I get, I like both.

Good luck to the rest of you on your hunts, especially to those on long hunts. Never give up. :)

Last edited:

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies. Sorry for the loss on Ivysaur, ShinyMisty. :(

Finally! After 3,248 eggs, my shiny Shuppet is here! This is my longest MM hunt ever. Community Hunt complete x2

For those who don't know, I had caught a shiny Shuppet in Emerald version back then, which was one of my first ever shinies. When Diamond and Pearl first introduced the GTS, I traded away my shiny Banette for a Pokemon I don't remember (I was a stupid kid at the time :p). Since Generation VI introduced mega Banette, I figured I would MM for it and claim it back. :)

Pics of Shuppet:
KcST42m.jpg

YyyKbAM.jpg

I plan on hunting for Ralts next. If it's female, I'll evolve it into Gardevoir. If it is male, Gallade. I don't mind which I get, I like both.

Good luck to the rest of you on your hunts, especially to those on long hunts. Never give up. :)

Congratulations! Glad to see you finally got it. Just goes to show that you should never let the shiny hunt beat you! :)

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
So after less than 24 hours of MMing, I hatched a Shiny Froakie earlier this afternoon! :D Unfortunately, it does not have Protean, nor did he inherit his father's perfect Special Attack IV, but all I care about is that it's Shiny and that it's mine. :) Like I always say, a Shiny is a Shiny. He just evolved into Frogadier now (I know he's listed as Greninja in my sig, I just wanted to avoid having to update it more than was strictly necessary, and since I evolve all my Shinies ASAP anyway...), and I'm working on evolving him into the awesomeness that is Shiny Greninja.

Oh, and I caught the mother in a Friend Safari with this exact purpose, so I made sure to catch her in a Luxury Ball. Goes great with Greninja's Shiny color scheme, am I right?

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone on your recent shinies and goodluck to those still hunting! :D

I have nothing to report, once again, except reaching 5670 SRs for Lugia, at around 4900 yesterday I think I might have saw a flash of pink but I reseted over it accidentally, it BETTER have been a trick of the eye... x_x

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
Is anyone else having horrible MM luck? I have not hatched a shiny in about 2000 eggs now and I have gone through 3 different hunts to mix it up. I know there have been some rediculous dry spells but I do not even feel like hatching eggs anymore...

MDS777

The name's Riley
Congratulations! Glad to see you finally got it. Just goes to show that you should never let the shiny hunt beat you! :)
Thanks very much! No way I was going to give up. :)

Is anyone else having horrible MM luck? I have not hatched a shiny in about 2000 eggs now and I have gone through 3 different hunts to mix it up. I know there have been some rediculous dry spells but I do not even feel like hatching eggs anymore...
My past two MM hunts have been my longest. 3,248 for Shuppet and 1,353 for Litleo. It's not just you, several others have not had much luck, either recently. Don't give up.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
So I wanted to take a break from horde hunting in route 7 for my shiny Psyduck (otherwise known as shiny hoppip simulator 2014) I decided to do a random number generator to decide what I should go for next. It rolled to Chinchou, within 15 mins I got it. Dang the Shiny Charm does work. 3 shinies in 2 days (1 was fish so like 2.5). Anyhow, I rolled again and got Skorupi... more horde... Yay :/ Really hope I dont get Bellsprout or else I'll be dissappointed. Anyone got a good name for this thing cause I got nothing. It's female with an Impish Nature and Volt Absorb

ChloboShoka

Writer

I've been having bad luck with Masuda Method too. I've had more luck on Wondertrade/GTS and with the shiny charm. Though in this gen, I always end up finding a shiny when I least expect it and then I stop using the Masuda Method. Here's how the three shiny hunts have gone for me.

1. Goomy - 300 eggs and ended up getting a shiny goomy on a trade and gave up on Masuda Method.
2. Oddish - 45 eggs then I found a shiny oddish on the GTS and decided to grab it before someone else did. Also didn't bother masuda methoding for Oddish after that.
3. Flabebe - Breeding, Friend Safari grinding, poke rador, you name it I tried it and then took a break. I ended up getting a shiny yellow flabebe today when I was EV training.

I've also had bad luck on the fish chaining too but I did get a shiny basculin, which I'm quite pleased with. I'm not sure which shiny to go for next.

So far Oddish, Skarmory, Basculin and yellow Flabebe are the shinies in gen VI that I have self obtained.

Thank you for the congrats Cpchris and Supremacy :)

Well, I managed to get the shiny charm yesterday and decided that I would go hunting for Roggenrola, since I love Gigalith's shiny colors. I wasn't keeping track of how many hordes I encountered, but after a few hours, I ran into a shiny Mime Jr.! Not the shiny I was looking for(and it just happened to be a girl), but it's still a shiny, so I won't complain :). Also evolved my shiny Purrloin into Liepard. I just love Liepard's shiny colors! Going to try out some chain fishing for a bit since I haven't done that in a while, then I'm going to MM a bit for shiny Furfrou.

Good luck to everyone still hunting and grats on all the recent shinies!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
This morning I added a new FC. I didn't expect too much, but when I checked it out a couple of minutes ago, I found a shiny woobat! Sorta stinks this can't count for next month's CH, but oh well. Good luck to all on your hunts.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to ohjeezitskim on Ralts, TomoEGoto on Solosis, Greedy Chibi on Riolu, Gligari on Sandshrew, MultiDarkShadow777 on Shuppet, Missingno. Master on Froakie, and everyone else on your shinies!

-------------

I did 500 SRs and 600 REs today. I also went out and bought a cushion for my chair for $10, and it’s much comfier than the quillow I was using that kept going flat and always needed re-stuffing =\ So much better for hunting now ^ ^

Good luck, everyone!

Puddingg

Clefairy Lover ^_^
Recently found a RE shiny Tangela in a friend safari :/. Kinda dissapointed but whatever. It's going straight into my 6 or so random enccounter/bad seed rng shiny boxes.

Cyberra

pain in the ***

I'm currently at 2,220 eggs for ekans and the bloody thing just will not shine. Keep at it! The shiny can't hide forever.

I'm taking a break from seviper to get these eevees hatched. If anyone gets one of my eevees through wonder trade, can you drop me a line and let me know how their IVs shake out? I think they're mostly inheriting their father's stats, so most should have at least 4 good IVs.

Edit: My first batch of eevees is hatched... 0 shinies but I wasn't expecting one yet. I'll be hatching eevee in batches of 160 eggs per hatch. Less than my usual, yeah, but meh. Once I finish wonder trading away the eevees and sorting out what I get back, I'm gonna head back to route 8 and resume my seviper hunt.

One critter I've already gotten back in trade is a female Japanese noibat... A reject from someone's IV/shiny breeding project, most likely. I can breed it with a male ducklett I caught and get me a shiny noibat long before I get near Terminus Cave. Gotta love wonder trade...

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
EDIT: I am over the moon right now. I just hatched my second shiny Riolu after 179 eggs. This one is a lot better than my first and has 31/31/31/31/X/31 IVs with Steadfast and a Jolly nature but the best part is that it's a female one! Couldn't have asked for a better one. Going to EV train her ASAP.

Gratz! I'm glad you kept at it, and it turned out to be female! So rare. :]

Pics of Shuppet:
KcST42m.jpg

YyyKbAM.jpg

Yess finally, major gratz! Really cool to see that your perseverance paid off. :]

-----------------------------

I have just finished filling up my ten boxes with eggs, so round 6 of hatching begins. Hopefully I get it this time around.

Gratz on the recent shinies everyone and good luck! :]

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Hatched over 2.5k eggs for Mawile and still no luck, but I did take a break from shiny hunting to work on completing my Pokedex and in the process I managed to hatch a shiny Purrloin completely at random.
Since I wasn't trying she has a random nature and her only good IV is in sp. def but she's pretty much the most adorable thing so I don't even care.
Also apparently that means community hunt complete!

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/MaGUv6X.jpg[/IMG300]

Good luck to everyone still hunting, especially anybody suffering through a particularily long MM hunt.

Samus_Aran

Gardevoir Fanboy
I was playing around in a Water Friend Safari with a Male Sylveon (Hoping for mostly female Pokemon, namely Frogadier), and a Shiny female Bibarel pops up, which is the least desirable one I want right now. :p

Not that I'm complaining, since it's a shiny, but I just don't like Bibarel. :p

Edit:
And a few minutes ago a Shiny Male Frogadier appeared. :)

Too bad it doesn't have Protean, though. And the Nature (Quiet), while not horrible, lowers his best stat.

---

Despite this, I'm still going to play around the Friend Safari until I get a female Shiny Frogadier, regardless of Nature.

Last edited: