• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm at 150 hatches for Eevee and no shiny....It's 5am in the morning I need sleep lol. I shall hatch some more eggs later! Good luck everyone on your shiny hunts!

potaytoe

Hey, I have a question about breeding in x and y
you know this whole thing about an egg having its inherited IVs from the destiny knot before you get it and you can soft reset and switch parents and stuff? Well I was wondering if firstly is it patched? Secondly does the one random IV change when you SR? And if not could you find an egg that will be 6IV and just keep resetting until its shiny?
Im sorry this is kind of off topic but its for my masuda methoding :3
Back back on topic well done on the shinies :) im at 2700 REs In friend safari hunting a pupitar, must just be an unlucky safari (/.-) ha

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

I've made it to 14,073 SRs for Lugia now - not much improvement on last time, but my life has been quite busy lately, so yeah...

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
So I wanted to take a break from horde hunting in route 7 for my shiny Psyduck (otherwise known as shiny hoppip simulator 2014) I decided to do a random number generator to decide what I should go for next. It rolled to Chinchou, within 15 mins I got it. Dang the Shiny Charm does work. 3 shinies in 2 days (1 was fish so like 2.5). Anyhow, I rolled again and got Skorupi... more horde... Yay :/ Really hope I dont get Bellsprout or else I'll be dissappointed. Anyone got a good name for this thing cause I got nothing. It's female with an Impish Nature and Volt Absorb

You know, I'd love to see this method for the Community Hunts every now and then. Each person RNGs the Pokemon they have to find a shiny of. Either that or we as a group RNG four or five Pokemon and each of us has to find one from that list.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
With the Woobat I found, I am almost considering ditching the MM for caterpie and just diving into the Friend Safari for it. I just remembered that Woobat is a friendship pokemon so for the first time I get to say these words: CH COMPLETE! I may try to upload an image later, but is there anyway you can upload 3DS pictures to a PC?

You know, I'd love to see this method for the Community Hunts every now and then. Each person RNGs the Pokemon they have to find a shiny of. Either that or we as a group RNG four or five Pokemon and each of us has to find one from that list.

I would love this as well. This way not everyone is going after a set shiny. I found one randomizer that works perfectly:http://randompokemon.com/.

Last edited:

maldoror

While hoarde hunting Swablu, I ended my ten day shiny drought. With a fourth Spinda. Spinda is my least favorite Pokemon (tied with Delibird; which I have found three as shinies). Oh well, back to hunting Swablu.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Community hunt x5 Completed

Caught 2 more eevee's and one lillipup.

3 eevee's to go.

tothewest88

Huzzah! Encountered and caught my 1st Friend Safari Shiny yesterday- a Shiny female purple Magcargo! I'm not planning on using it, but I can probably put it up on the GTS and get something good in exchange for it. :)

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Everyone congratz on all the nice shinies! Since I'm on my phone it's a little difficult to individualy congratulate everyone.

After 341 eggs I hatched myself a shiny Oshawott. I named him Oshy and he has an adamand nature. I'll be hatching the remaining eggs and then I will go further MMing for a shiny Togepi!

Edit: Within the last 10 eggs I hatched a SECOND shiny Oshawott! I couldn't be happier cause this way I can keep one of them as an Oshawott since I prefer Oshawott over Samurott

Goodluck everyone with the ongoing hunts and may the shine be with you!

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Recently caught a shiny Gulpin while EV training with Hordes on Route 5, this makes it my eighth shiny in Pokemon X and Y.

Last edited:

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
With the Woobat I found, I am almost considering ditching the MM for caterpie and just diving into the Friend Safari for it. I just remembered that Woobat is a friendship pokemon so for the first time I get to say these words: CH COMPLETE! I may try to upload an image later, but is there anyway you can upload 3DS pictures to a PC?

I would love this as well. This way not everyone is going after a set shiny. I found one randomizer that works perfectly:http://randompokemon.com/.

So I went to that website, and I went to the random 6 pokemon, and I got something I liked: Houndour, Prinplup, Yanmega, Hitmonlee, Piloswine, and Bellossom. I think I'm gonna hunt for those. I'm gonna put my Psyduck reclaim on hold while I hunt for Yanma first.

EDIT: Not exactly Yanma but I DID find a shiny Nosepass. I really like its shiny color scheme, and this one is a Hardy male with Magnet Pull, dunno what I'm gonna name it ATM but I'll figure something out. Wow. So far 1 shiny each day since I got the shiny charm. Horde hunting and Chain fishing with shiny charm ROCK!

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Today I was EV-training the last member of my post-game team for White 2, and towards the end of the training, I met something unexpected.

This is the second random Shiny Basculin I have met. The first one I met was in Black almost 3 years ago, also while I was EV-training, but that one was Red-striped. Seems like I tend to run into shinies while EV-training, it happened to me a lot in Emerald as well. Anyway, this was kind of a fitting encounter seeing as Black was the first 5th gen game I got and White 2 was the last, I met the Shiny Basculin in Black when I had barely getting started on the game and I met this one when I am almost done with White 2. Seems like a perfect way to symbolize the beginning and the end of my adventures in 5th generation, or something. I’m not as happy about this as I am about my shiny from last week since I already had a random shiny Basculin, but I guess a shiny is always a nice surprise to get. Like last time, I had the Shiny Charm while getting this.

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
No shinies for me yet. My hunt in Y, for Togepi, is at 630 MMs and since I got Bravely Default this hunt will be on hold for a few days. Then I'll get back into the thick of it and continue the hunt. My hunt for BQ#5 in HG is at 15730 REs. While my hunt for BQ#2 in B2 is at 1500 REs and I decided to hunt in Virbank Complex instead. Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts.

ShinyGoogleplex

Guess who!?
Quote Originally Posted by CuteyLauren View Post
first one with a Master Ball. I then flew to Hearthrome and checked the stats of both Beldum. The one caught in a Master Ball had an Adamant Nature, the other one had an Impish Nature. I then saved the game three times to ensure I would not lose it.

NOTE: My first post of this was at http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?487029-Official-4th-Gen-Shiny-Discussion/page27

I do the same thing on my games, though not always in 3s.

Dominate shiny video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPKplOgExyM

There will be more to come, including the end.

Sorry for the video's longevity. An editor has my permission to trim it to leave any 'good' parts and cut the dead silence.

The best for this next one is 29:14.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi0bj94L4VI

Tell what you all think.

The finale in 3. But they're not long.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntVH0HK8erQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy8dGz7btvY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44GPXl7tc8c

Please do comment.

Last edited:

Scrufox86

Hello everyone! Congratulations to all new shinies since my last post. I have shiny news! Well after my horde hunting I decided to try hatch a few boxes of my MMed eggs. I hatched one box with no shiny Froakie. While hatching the eggs I began thinking about horde encounters again since with the shiny charm I just know that it'll bring more shinies quicker. So anyway I thought I need just one more type of friend safari to get a shiny from and then i'll have at least one shiny from all 18 types and while in the flying safari.... I captured a shiny Hawlucha! Wow it was the one I wanted most too so I was shocked when it appeared instead of Spearow which I had expected as it was showing up the most.

And for now I am taking a break as I spent 2.5 hours REing in that safari for Hawlucha. I think that I may try to hatch a few more boxes of Froakie eggs and then choose a horde pokemon to shiny hunt for. I now have a Gardevoir with telepathy and skill swap so I don't have to be afraid of routes with Zangoose/Seviper and them killing off a shiny if the lone pokemon is the shiny one. I hope I hatch shiny Froakie and Fennekin soon but if not then I may need to return to the FS and hunt for the mid-stages. Also I would like a lot of shiny Eevee for the eeveelutions.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I feel like I say this every time I post here now, but I'm still around. Now that other things are settling done for once, I've gone back to Tornadus. Hopefully I can get it before the trial period ends for the Bank, but I'm okay with paying the $5 Bank fee if needed. I've also decided to start a MM hunt for a shiny Rotom in Y. Seems like a good way to put the shiny charm to use for once, so hopefully it goes well. If the IV's and Hidden Power (dare I say it) work out well, it could replace the one on my current competitive team. If not, oh well, Rotom is a cool shiny.

PrinceB

Prince of Justica

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
I really should read more thoroughly. Thank-you to MultiDarkShadow777, The King of Ho-oh's, and anyone else I have happened to miss who wished me luck.

I haven't done much hunting since Tengela, I had a really horrible day today...I just do not feel so much into hunting.
I might...for a little bit before I go to bed, though.

Speaking of Tenela...I had no clue that thing can be a nice tank. Might actually train this guy up when I have the chance...unless he has a defense lowering nature...which I cannot remember right now. (My head is really light right now)

Congratulations and good luck to everyone who is hunting. I will get this Ivysaur!

---

Say...who knows about that special Colosseum disk that gives out Jarachi.
If you do not know what I am talking about? Here is a video about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWF_p6f03P4
I am bringing this up because...if you continue to obtain Jarachi (make new game, get Pokedex, and get Jarachi. Rinse, repeat), can you get a Shiny? I am guessing maybe not because there is not shiny Jarachi on Serebii's Pokedex...But I still wonder.

Last edited:

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
I recently transferred over all of my Pokémon from Black2, nearly tripling my shiny count.

I have a specific box in my PC which holds Pokémon that I may do an MM for in the future. I only added Bank-Exclusive Pokémon, so that I could Wonder Trade the rejects.

No news yet on Cranidos, it's pretty elusive! I've lost track of eggs, but I have 60 in boxes right now, one of them might contain a red one.