• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Cleared the third and fourth gyms, got the good fishing rod, and returned to route 8 to do a little fishing... Four casts later this pops out...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6150_zps92387f4f.jpg[/IMG139]

I'm quite pleased with him.

Puddingg

Clefairy Lover ^_^
Been trying to MM a shiny female Eevee to get a shiny Sylveon but i'm probably just going to give up & rng abuse one on Black :/. Even if I hatch one on Y it will probably be a male :/.

Scrufox86

Wow congratulations to all new shinies especially that much sought after Seviper! Seviper's shiny form is brilliant!

Well no new shinies for me. I have hatched another 5 boxes of Froakie eggs, these with the shiny charm and still no shiny... I have reached almost 2500 eggs for Froakie now.

Something I want to do though is horde hunt for shinies but at the same time I'd like to EV train pokemon. Also by doing that it means needing to breed and so I thought using MM while doing it will be useful too. The only thing is I am trying to get a 5IV Koffing. I am currently trying to get a male 5IV Stunfisk but I need to get a 31 HP IV into the mix, the parent Squirtle and female stunfisk both have 5IV's but not in HP and I believe it is the atk IV that Koffing can make do without. I just need to find something, I know I have something with a HP IV I could use to get onto a stunfisk and I have the power items to help.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Ahah, congratulations, Supremacy! Yesterday night, when I saw you had a Big Pecks Fletchling, I have to admit it, I laughed because it always happens to you. Your luck with ability is still not your friend, as I can see... Well you deserved it, so enjoy! Gale Wings Talonflame is such a pain in competitive...
Good luck with Bunnelby!

Haha, thanks! Well it looks like my luck with abilities is finally starting to turn around. Shiny Huge Power Bunnelby after only 40 eggs!

IVs are 31/x/31/x/31/31. I was kinda upset that it didn't get max attack but it turns out he has 23-24 IV in attack which is still pretty good, so I'm happy! My next MM hunt will be for Unburden Swirlix. Tbh, I find Swirlix to be the cutest thing ever so I don't mind if it doesn't get the right ability. I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at it so I'm fine with MMing multiples lol.

Gratz on the recent shinies, especially Cyberra on that female shiny Eevee! Good luck everyone! :]

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
I was attempting to Masuda a Noibat (got to 98 eggs) and then Bank came out. Now, a few days later with a Shiny Charm and a perfect Japanese Ditto I returned to MMing yesterday in 90 egg batches. Just started by second round of hatches when THE FIRST ONE comes out blue. Finished off that party of 5 before running off to the IV man. He tells me it's outstanding (unsurprising considering the parents have 11 31s between them). He continues: HP, Att... my heart sank, that meant it's got that off the Ditto and that the random is probably going to be speed, knowing my luck... Def, SpA, SpD... Speed. I'm flailing. It's literally perfect [Infiltrator - I'd been getting a silly amount of Frisks in the first 90]. Well, that's my luck used up for the year, probably won't seem around this thread again!

Still, gonna try the challenge next with a Tyrunt... once I've hatched the other 85 Noibat, of course.

Noibat #174 has just popped out Shiny too, so apparently I haven't used up all my luck! #91 was Male and thus: Bruce, #174 is Female and therefore has been called Barbara, 31 in HP, SpA, SpD and Speed so not quite as perfect but hey, no complaints here!

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
So I decided to take a break from hatching beldums and decided I wanted to go and hunt for a female timid hustle nidoran for a future breeding project. Well after about 9 hordes I got a male shiny nidoran :D he's jolly so my sync didn't work and has poison point not the worst ability I guess but he's soo pretty :) always kinda wanted a shiny nidoking so might just evolve him for that but I'm pretty happy that I found him :).

Vaksa

Shiny Hunter
I found a lvl 100 shiny Milotic on the GTS last night. And all the person wanted for it was a Duskull. I suppose it could be hacked, theoretically, but I'd rather not disappoint myself by knowing so I'm just going to enjoy her and be happy.

I'd really like to try and MM for a shiny Totodile, but I want to wait until I get my shiny charm before I focus on anything else.. Only 100 pokemon to go, yay.

Also, congratulations to everyone else on their recent

Zeb

On another note, am I the only one who doesn't like using traded shinies?

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
I've been trying to MM for a shiny Tyrunt. I have two eggs that have 5 max IVs that I want so I'm just going to soft rest them until ones shiny. I just wanna double check and make sure: shininess isn't determined until it hatches right?

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Just got my first new shiny with the Shiny Charm...

Shiny Nosepass;

[img139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/747F4F51-82ED-42D5-A8C8-ADC59ECE3142_zpshmnincof.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Mami Tomoe

Daydreamer
Pokemon X has been my luckiest game on finding shinies so far. Friend Safaris are amazing~
So far I've gotten one box full of different shinies, almost all from a safari.

I'm currently running through a Flying Safari to try and get a shiny Fletchinder. So far I've gotten 4 shiny Woobats out of it, which is pretty unusual since there's a 1/3 chance of getting a different Pokemon.

Oh, and congrats to everyone on their shinies! :)

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I got a shiny Cloyster yesterday and a shiny Ninetails today! I've almost got a box full of shinies from the Safari and I'm running out of boxes but if I have to I'll dedicate one of my boxes I use for bred Pokemon, for shinies.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I've been trying to MM for a shiny Tyrunt. I have two eggs that have 5 max IVs that I want so I'm just going to soft rest them until ones shiny. I just wanna double check and make sure: shininess isn't determined until it hatches right?

Shininess is determined when you pick up the egg from the daycare man. Soft resetting for eggs before they hatch will lead you nowhere, I'm afraid.

ElectricBassClef

I was looking for a lucky egg in a normal-type Friend Safari yesterday when I stumbled upon a shiny Minccino! I named her Juniper. Funny thing, this is the second time this has happened to me while looking for lucky eggs in that particular Safari: the first was a Dunsparce.

Congrats to everybody who got their shinies since I last posted, especially Cyberra for finally getting that Seviper!

Edit: \/ Yeah, I know. Her name's a reference to that. ;)

Last edited:

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
I was looking for a lucky egg in a normal-type Friend Safari yesterday when I stumbled upon a shiny Minccino! I named her Juniper. Funny thing, this is the second time this has happened to me while looking for lucky eggs in that particular Safari: the first was a Dunsparce.

Congrats to everybody who got their shinies since I last posted, especially Cyberra for finally getting that Seviper!

Fun fact: Juniper's minccino in the intro can be shiny

Im gonna try my hand at RE in the FS.

I've never really had much luck with shinies in comparison to other friends, but my findings have been fairly decent. In 4th gen (when I started playing Pokemon again) I got a shiny Golbat and I named it Edward. In SoulSilver I had the worst luck: I found a Hoothoot before you could get pokeballs...

To make matters worse, I turned my game off without saving and found it another 3 times. Eventually I changed how I walked and I didn't find it again. Much much later, I found a shiny sandshrew in the Safari Zone (gdi). Somehow, I managed to catch it and named it "Hoothoot" in honor of the one that got away.

I found no shinies in White version. Not 1.

6th gen has given me many. My first was a Masuda method I tried for the first time. I really wanted a shiny Mega-Gardevoir, so I bred till I got one and named it "Your Funeral." The first wild one I found was a Lilipup. I also chain fished a Quilfish (made me so happy!), a Poliwhirl, a Magikarp, and a Basculin.

Then this Saturday I got two in one day. The first I didn't even notice until I evolved it and that was a snivy.

The second I found while trying to get a female Togepi for a friend: a shiny Flotette.

I have pictures, but apparently I can't post them yet :(

Still upset that I had better chances at finding a shiny than that god forsaken togepi ugh. That took like 45 minutes.

MDS777

The name's Riley
Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies and good luck to those still hunting.

Shiny Ralts has hatched at egg #240. Community hunt complete x3! I started the hunt before I got my shiny charm, so only about 100 of those were hatched with the shiny charm.

NTmHEhd.jpg
It's male, so I'm going to evolve it into a shiny Gallade.

I plan on starting my next MM hunt for either an Inkay or Deino. Not sure which one I want. I also want a shiny Gardevoir too so I might grab a male Cute Charm Pokemon and head to a friend safari in hope of getting a female Kirlia. I also have a chance of getting a shiny Mawile there, which I don't mind.

Edit: Well, I found a shiny Mawile instead of Kirlia...and it's male! Community hunt complete x4!
ox8mdOT.jpg

AMLf29O.jpg

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Well finally I got a shiny in Pokemon X. Someone's friend safari (Randall/Electric) got me a shiny Zebstrika.