• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

elorasheppard

Congratulations on all the recent shinies guys, especially Supremacy on your Gale wings Fletchling finally!! Sorry for the blanket congrats but Ive been a bit AWOL with a cold, its a bit wet in the UK at the moment so colds are quite prevalent!

Im nearly at 600 eggs for Skiddo so I think Im in for a long hunt.... and nearly 3000 encounters in route 20 in Black2.... but I am having some luck with horde hunting as over the weekend I came across two Nidoran Males and two stunkys :) so community hunt complete x2

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/album?album_id=2132080243

Hopefully something ive been hunting for will yield soon, but Ive just received a copy of a link between two worlds so I may be neglecting my hunting for a while! Good luck, hunters

Last edited:

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
Just hatched my boyfriends shiny beldum :D adamant with max attack/defence/spec defence/speed wish it had the hp but o well was lucky enough to get a 6iv shiny jap ditto from someone on here so that's gonna help with my future MM hunts. Think I'm gonna hatch a few more beldums in the hope that I can get one aswell lol :p

Puddingg

Clefairy Lover ^_^
Found my 7th? (6th or 7th. idk the exact number as one of them in the box may be from black 2) RE Shiny Tangela :/. Tbh I would rather have found literally any other shiny, So sick of these things :/.)

Going to try my hand at 6th gen breeding again tonight! Haven't had much luck with 6th gen MM but oh well.

RocketToTheMoon

Just got my first RE shiny (Gothorita, pretty cool) in Pokemon Village. Have gotten 5 others from fishing chains, which seems to be my best bet, but no luck whatsoever with FS or radar. :/
Edit: Oh, and 100+ Honedge eggs were bust for MM too.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
I know the pic is upside down oops :p After only 439 eggs, Shiny Oshawott has appeared on White! I was just laying down hatching and checking my twitter timeline, when he hatched! I didn't completely know he'd shone until I checked his summary XD. He has Air Slash, and even better, the Timid Everstone worked! Good luck all! I'm going to name him Deyna after the otter from the Redwall Series ;).
~RaichuArcanine~

Everlasting

Everything stays.
God, what's happening ? Not even 5 encounters this morning in the safari and yet another shiny Quilladin pops out!
This time, the sync didn't work (at least!) and it got Bold, which is very good and very bad at the same time. It has Bulletproof (yes!) and his IVs are...
31/31/10-13/25-27/24-27/26-29, which is much more useable than the previous one! I'm considering wondertrading my previous shiny Quilladin to someone who will cherish it and evolve the one I have actually in a shiny Chesnaught.
Shiny Charm and Friend Safari is a terrifying combination, I'm almost scared...
Congratulations on the latest shinies and good luck!

Last edited:

GrayFire503

Advanced Breeder
WOOOHOOO!!! After long months of mming and reing in white being unsuccessful I turned toward the fs in X to find my long awaited friend. Shiny Dwebble. This Pokemon was one of my favorite in the game, idk why exactly, but I can say I did do a lot in white just to get this thing shiny and it just feels good that I finally got it. She maxed out in hp and sp def, but has 1 in def. I am so happy that I got her and now I will move onto my next target cubchoo. Wish me luck! Happy Shiny Hunting.

Samus_Aran

Gardevoir Fanboy
Another day another 2 Shinies. Seems like this is becoming a trend. :p

Anyway, another Shiny Bibarel and another Shiny female Frogadier appeared, this time with a horrible speed IV, but great SpAtt and good enough nature.

I'm still going to try to find one with good SpAtt and good Speed IVs, while also being female.

I know I'm being picky with already rare Pokemon, but I'm very particular with what I want when it comes to Pokemon. :)

Scrufox86

Wow it seems the shiny charm DOES work in the friend safari then? I have read about so many claiming it does not work in there but I come on here and see a lot of people getting 2 shinies in back to back encounters or within just 5 encounters of entering a safari.

By the way update on my shinies... I have hatched another 1.5 boxes of Fennekin and no shiny... Maybe I am destined not to ever get the other two gen VI starters as shiny...
And I am sort of distracted since getting the shiny charm. I mean I want to shiny hunt but there's so many ways in gen VI and also not knowing the odds for most of the methods is annoying. But I also want to EV train some pokemon and I still need to complete Y version as I have hardly done anything on that version yet. I dunno what to do as I really want to complete my shiny starters and I still need three starters to have the whole shiny set (well at least one of each starter line anyway). Oshawott, Fennekin and Froakie I need and MMing is being a pain this gen. OK I think I will hatch out all of the eggs I have left and then take a break from X version and concentrate on Y version for a little while. I will even trade over shinies for a shiny team playthrough.

Ok back to congratulating everyone on their shinies since my last post and good luck to everyone shiny hunting.

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
So...after a long time thinking about it. Looking at egg moves and the like, I finally made my mind.
my reclaiming of Ivysaur will not be a failure like it was last time, as I will be MMing for a Shiny Bulbasaur. I am going to catch my breeding Ivysaur in the ball I want the shiny Bulbasaur to be in, and begin the breeding.

I don't want another Tangela...

Congratulations and good luck to everyone. I hope you all have a fantastic day~

And then I got a Wii U...xD

Last edited:

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Congrats to:
xKatie0391, PKMaster2, tothewest88, TheFonz, jrmftw, Slushie, Cyberra, Crimson Penguin, ArdhiS, The Benmeister, Greedy Chibi, AquaRegisteel, darthmalice777, Winter02, *IZ*, Heliotrope, Zekromaster826, Scrufox86, ElitheProphet, cocoadragon, Shine, Draknir, DetectivexConan (Hopefully a male shows up next though!), GildedScizor, Keovix, rocky505, imaGe, Voodoo900, tonyg44x, ScorpionX, I, Pink Elephant, darklover50, Fisherman Fizz, varanus_komodoensis, pokemaster13, elorasheppard, Arcaten, Laurelai, Cpchris, FairyWitch, Tsukuyomi56, yoshi007, ShinyMisty, sdotj, Gligari, Crimson_Blazer, MultiDarkShadow777, GrayFire503, Neji-and-Pidgeot, CallMyName, 2rsa, ShadowRadon, Shadowkrow, Drake Pokétrainer, Royal_Qeca, Something~Kinda~Ooooh, Dragalge, Cloneblazer12, Ampharos_Spark, Nulava, Rakurai, ShinyMew1234, EmeraldPhoenix, dark1raven3, PKMN Trainer Gray, Navarch, Iwanuq, wobbanut, Ho-Oh the Rainbow Pokemon, The King of Ho-oh's, ohjeezitskim, Dylz, JoshRJV77, TomoEGoto, litleo729, Andrew Shard, Missingno. Master, ShiningKnightXY, Puddingg, ClipOwl, Samus_Aran, maldoror, Misjie, ShinyGoogleplex, PrinceB, RaichuArcanine, Fayh, Silicone, Arcamenel, AmazingChi, Supremacy, Vaksa, Gugulug5000, kirkeastment, StrongBad456, ElectricBassClef, Peace Heavy mk II, The Prince of May, RocketToTheMoon and anyone I missed on all your latest shinies!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this on here yet, but the person who leaked the event legendaries of X and Y has posted images of nearly all of the XY legendary shiny forms! :D

Quoting from the XY board:

Smealum just posted some makeshift models of the shiny forms of legendaries and MegaLati@s sans Yveltal. Unfortunately it's not ingame screenshots but if you're interested, they're right here:

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgB4TyZCEAAvPzk.png[/img139]
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgCrmMnCMAIKkRz.png[/img139]
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf_phlNCUAEcfT7.png[/img139]
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf_YKUGCAAEfLU3.png[/img139]

Some of the models have weird textures cause the conversion process is buggy or something. What does everyone think of them? Personally I think they're all pretty great, but gosh, Zygarde and Volcanion's colours are awesome! *_*. I can't wait to see what Yveltal's looks like. Shame we'll probably never be able to get any of them legitimately, bar possible events T_T.

I'm now at 820 eggs for Skrelp, so it looks like my hopes for a quickish hunt failed XD. I have 30 eggs I just finished storing that I'm ready to hatch now, so I'll have to see if there's anything in that batch. I've got lots of shows that I'm catching up on/ watching through which are keeping me motivated, but I'd be really happy to see this kelp seahorse shine soon!

Good luck everyone on your hunts! ^_^

MDS777

The name's Riley
Congrats to everyone on recent shinies.

I've decided that I want to MM for another Ralts and pray to the Pokemon gods that I get a female instead of chancing the friend safari where I may get another shiny Mawile or a male Kirlia.

Good luck to those still hunting!

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Hatching 140 gastly eggs today, think I'm at about 700 eggs now for gastly. =\ I want my first MM'ed pokémon ;-(

Mr. Shinx

YYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!! SHINY FENNEKIN!!!!

Today marks the 4th month I've been SRing for this bad boy on my Y BQ!!

Finally! I've been keeping count since January 12th, and have done 3035 since then. Takes so long to do one SR, and with work, marking books, training for a marathon, and keeping my wife happy, I've only been aiming to do 100 a day. But it's finally payed off!!!

GET IN!!!

99neil99

sorry everyone. it says shiny threat so I just clicked and wrote a message.

didn't know its not for trading :/

sorry. wont happen again

So another accidental hatch! Was trying to breed for a Female Moon Ball Eevee for trade....A FEMALE Moon Ball Shiny Eevee appeared! 31/31/31/29/5(meh)/31 Pretty good considered it was a 2iv and 6iv parent!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this on here yet, but the person who leaked the event legendaries of X and Y has posted images of nearly all of the XY legendary shiny forms! :D

Quoting from the XY board:

Some of the models have weird textures cause the conversion process is buggy or something. What does everyone think of them? Personally I think they're all pretty great, but gosh, Zygarde and Volcanion's colours are awesome! *_*. I can't wait to see what Yveltal's looks like. Shame we'll probably never be able to get any of them legitimately, bar possible events T_T.

I'm not really feeling the Lati's but the rest of them are pretty awesome, especially Zygarde and Xerneas! I just hope one day we'll be able to hunt them. :[

YYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!! SHINY FENNEKIN!!!!

Today marks the 4th month I've been SRing for this bad boy on my Y BQ!!

Finally! I've been keeping count since January 12th, and have done 3035 since then. Takes so long to do one SR, and with work, marking books, training for a marathon, and keeping my wife happy, I've only been aiming to do 100 a day. But it's finally payed off!!!

GET IN!!!

Major gratz!! I'm also SRing for Fennekin, hopefully it doesn't take me four months though! Lol, but major kudos to you for sticking to it, you deserved it. :]

Edit: So, apparently the Masuda Method has decided it wants to be amazing for me.

72 eggs! No shiny charm. It even has Unburden! IVs are 31/x/31/31/31/31. Attack IV didn't pass down again which kinda sucks, but atleast it got perfect speed which was really important. Not sure what to MM next, but I'll think of something. I just wish all this luck would transfer over to Fennekin lol.

Good luck guys! :]

Last edited:

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
No shinies for me still. I'm at 3375 REs for BQ#2 in B2 and 16635 REs for BQ#5 in HG. I've set a number goal for my hunt in HG, so that when I am at that number I'll take a break and do something else. Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts.

Needs a Deoxys

Ahaha, I remembered ever having a dream where I encountered a Shiny Teddiursa. I was so confused that why out of all 493 (it was gen 4 at the time) that exists, it was a Teddiursa. It was so beautifully green. ;o;

Maybe someday I'll find one. :3

Yeah that was the part that got me too lol. Out of all the pokemon in the world, why Boldore? There are a hundreds of pokemon I would rather find shiny than Boldore (though I would certainly welcome finding one, but that's besides the point).

Heh, I get those all the time. Not long ago I had a dream that I fished up a shiny Crawdaunt, for whatever reason. So I attempted to replicate it in real life, only to wind up with a shiny Gyarados instead. Ah well!

And then two-ish weeks ago I dreamt that I encountered a shiny Rayquaza...sooooo I suppose I had better attempt that sometime soon.

The random part of the whole thing is that I haven't even shiny hunted in a while. Maybe it's a sign that I should start again!

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone on your new shinies and goodluck to those still hunting!

I havent done any Lugia SRs since my last post, I hatched about 100 more eggs for Furfrou though, which is now at 1140 eggs. Its my longest MM hunt now with Vulpix in the second place with 1119 eggs. Hopefully I'll get this puppy soon...