• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats on all the shinies everyone!

So, I can't really seem to pick a target to hunt, so I've really been all over the place. I decided to go after Trevenant for a bit and after a while a shiny Foongus popped up. Since I already have an Amoongus, this one will be staying a Foongus. Then earlier today, I went back to Roggenrola and after a few hordes, another shiny Mime Jr. popped up... and it was another girl, lol. So, I'll evolve one and keep the other a Mime Jr. I also hunted for Lugia a bit more(not much though). I bought some rubber bands so I can hold down the R and L buttons, so I'm going to do some dual hunting. Good luck on your shiny hunts everyone!

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Was breeding some 5IV Jolly Charmanders for mega x evo. After 20 eggs I have this 4IV'ed Jolly Charmander!
Too bad he doesn't have his Sp.Def maxed out, all the rest is good.
Probably gonna trade it anyway, I want a 5IV'ed one

Congrats too all who have their shinys!

jakeisquite

Woo so I just found this and I can talk about how my 1617 encounters it took for my first friend safari shiny <_< Going in order of friend safaris just to get some shinies to start off. Question, does anyone know how to tell the difference between normal and shiny petilil? Since it's such a small color change it's hard to notice anything in paticular and I'm just wondering if there's something I should be looking for or if it's more noticeable in game or something.

Dangertrout

Woo so I just found this and I can talk about how my 1617 encounters it took for my first friend safari shiny <_< Going in order of friend safaris just to get some shinies to start off. Question, does anyone know how to tell the difference between normal and shiny petilil? Since it's such a small color change it's hard to notice anything in paticular and I'm just wondering if there's something I should be looking for or if it's more noticeable in game or something.

i think you'll just have to keep an eye out for the sparkles when it comes into battle.

I'm not having stellar luck in the friend safari so far with my shiny charm. very jealous of you people who got yours under 100 REs :p

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
The Ivysaur or your Girlfriend?

...Both...I guess...(Posting photos of Ivy)

I was really...confused last night.

I got the photos of both Hope (right now nicknamed Trust because...I felt like I was losing my mind last night) the Ivysaur and Turkey the Meditite.

Turkey: Pokemon-Amie | Status Screen
Hope: Encounter | Status Screen | Pokemon-Amie

They will both be trained right away, along with the two (still...unnamed...) Tangela as well. I might be giving one to my girlfriend when she gets Wi-Fi.

Hey, maybe I'll get something from training. xD

Congrats to everyone that got their shines, congrats to Shiny Misty on reclaiming your ivysaur sorry your feeling down!
Thank-you very much. *bows* I am feeling a little better...I think.

Last edited:

JoshRJV77

So excited, I started soft resetting for a shiny Ho-oh last night and continued today! And after only 150 SRs he shone!!! Got it in my masterball, I wanted to avoid using it but unfortunately I had to use it in the end! Still so excited to own a legit shiny Ho-oh with my OT number! I plan to hunt the rest of the legendaries in this game and am just excited this was such a short hunt!

maldoror

Check the eyes. The shiny has blue instead of red.

I caught another shiny Spearow today (my fourth one). I am now on three weeks of hunting, with only two duplicates to show for it.

shinyclauncher1234

the shinyclauncher12
After about 5,000 srs in ss for a shiny treeko it finally shined! He has a careful nature,not sure if that's good though lol.

Iwanuq

Iwan
So I was filling up my pokedex in a dark safari last night and as I was running around and ran into a poke I was like what if this next is a shiny: ended up being a shiny Paniward :) I just need 170 more pokes for the shiny charm!

Congrats to everyone that got their shines, congrats to Shiny Misty on reclaiming your ivysaur sorry your feeling down!

So my last update post was a couple of days ago, and the first night after it went well. First I went into a Fire safari and found a shiny Larvesta within twenty minutes, and then I was off doing horde encounters for a shiny Stunky and came across a shiny Nidoran female and a shiny Starly in under half an hour (within five minutes of each other). Seems like my luck ran out however, and I searched longer yesterday than I've looked any of my other days (probably 6 hours, I was multitasking between homework and other things) and found absolutely nothing. Searched for about 30 minutes today, and still nothing. :( I've also decided to start my first Masuda Method shiny (a Snorlax) and so far I'm 34 eggs in and no luck, but hey it's still too early to complain about MM, so I'll just hope it doesn't take too long.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Hey guys. After 913 eggs I finally hatched my shiny Chespin in Pokemon X earlier this evening. He's male, Impish natured and has his hidden ability bulletproof (he also has five 31's - can't remember in which stats at the moment). So that complete's my shiny Kalos starter trio.

I'm glad I got a new shiny today, since today was the day our old cat Smudge went to the vet to have her possibly cancerous lump removed. She seems happy enough to be back home, but we won't get the test results until her checkup next week... ;__;

I'm probably going to do some more SR'ing for shiny Amaura in X tomorrow (I'm at 3432 SR so far). I'm also hunting for a shiny Terrakion in Black 2, I'm at 350 SR for it.

Good luck guys. Congrats on all the new shinies.

maldoror

After hatching about 300 eggs, Tyrunt shined! He is adamant with perfect attack, special attack and special defense. Now only Altaria and Hydreigon remain in my dragon quest! Also community hunt complete!

IMG_0831.jpg

Last edited:

PokeAmi

Shiny Cascoon at Friend Safari! I haven't goy a shiny there for a while for now. But now my Shiny Wurmple family is Complete! :D

Congratz on all shinies!

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone on your new shinies and goodluck to those still hunting! <:

I just reached 1340 eggs for Furfrou hatched, still no shiny, this is officially my longest MM now. xD
I'm thinking of duel hunting tonight because i havent found time to SR for Lugia these past days, that is if I don't get a heap of homework..

searing light dragon

Dragon Trainer
While running through a Friend Safari to see what Pokemon is had in it, my first encounter is a shiny female Sneasel! I tense, chipping away at its health before tossing a pokeball and catching her. Named her Jewel

After 2445 eggs hatched of various Pokemon, I finally hatched a shiny Froakie! Of course it has Torrent.... I guess I'll have to get another one....
Edit: As if to make me more irritated, the Froakie has the correct IV spread.

Last edited:

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
So for the past 4 days I have been triple SR'ing for Latias (5 months now), Kyruem (2 weeks prob 2k-3k) and thundurus (4 days prob 300-500 srs, they take a very long time) I powered through white in a day. I picked oshawott because I never went through the game with it but I caught a timburr and smashed through the game with a conkeldurr. Im hoping to get my first shiny legendary that I encountered soon. Its been far too long. I got the shiny Raikou ive been wanting from the event also :) Happy Hunting everyone!

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I got yet another shiny for my Sun team! I've been thinking of trying out Solar Power Heliolisk, and while I was breeding my only Solar Power one to flawless Japanese Ditto to try to get a Modest one, I got a shiny Solar Power Helioptile after 2 Helioptile eggs! This is after I just bred about 40 Charmanders, though, and got a flawless Solar Power one, so I have been breeding for a while. Unfortunately, it has a Careful nature, which is terrible because it lowers Special Attack. However, it has flawless IVs in HP, SpAtk, and SpDef, but it's Speed IV is really bad. So I'm not sure what to do with it. I think I'll try it out on my Sun team anyway just for kicks. What do you guys think I should do?

[IMG300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2274_zps6ffc5e31.jpg[/IMG300]

Pman11

Pokemon Savant
FINALLY!!! After 41 encounters today, 2341 in total, and 4 shiny Ponyta, I have finally found a shiny charmeleon! So happy! He has a lonely nature, so he will probably be turned into a Charizard X
20140212_224428.jpg

I am so hapPy it is done. Also got my first chained shiny (Skiddo), but the Charmeleon is so much more important right now! Any ideas on what to hunt next?

HOLY COW!!! After finding charmeleon, I decided to do some more horde encounters. After 45 more encounters on route 15 (1235 total), I found a SHINY MURKROW!!! So pumped to find 3 SHINIES in one day!

Last edited: