• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Scrufox86

Oh wow! So I have been trying to get a shiny Yanma for a while since gen V games and I decided to go horde hunting for a while because I have done so much Friend safari hunting AND MMing (still no shiny Fennekin or Froakie and the total for both is over 6000 eggs now, most without the shiny charm but still.....). Well I am on route 10 hunting for Yanma and.... Shiny Yanma at horde number 131! Wow I am so happy! I didn't bring a synchronizer with me though and it got gentle nature so not the best but I won't be using it for Competitive battles I just wanted one. I am not sure if I will evolve it because I prefer shiny Yanma to Yanmega.

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck everyone!

Samus_Aran

Gardevoir Fanboy
Finally, after 3 more Shiny Bibarel, a Shiny Female Frogadier with Good IVs appeared. It doesn't have Protean, but that doesn't matter. My hunt is done. :)

Nerdboyiam

Unlucky Hunter
Finally after 600ish hordes and 7 shiny mime jr's I get my shiny roggenrola! No idea what to name it though but I do know that I loathe doing horde hunts now. Ironically all of the mime jr's have 3 31 ivs and are superior or outstanding and my roggenrola is decent. Now I can say CH x1 and one more Unova poke down. Now that I finally got him i'm going for a spritzee (picked a random dex number) Hope everyone else has better luck then me on their current hunts and future hunts!!!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Shiny Diancie! It matches perfectly to what Ambri posted a few days ago, so the rest of the shiny legendaries are most likely real too.

Hopefully this means we can SR for them! Thoughts?

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Shiny Diancie! It matches perfectly to what Ambri posted a few days ago, so the rest of the shiny legendaries are most likely real too.

Or is it possible that with the "sudden transformation" that it's not a pokemon event but an item event that evolves carbink? With all the other legendaries being shiny locked, I would assume if this was an event it would be shiny locked as well...

CallMyName

wow awesome ^^ any idea what it stat gonna be yet? ^^

d4v1d0078

Pokemon Collector
Lunatone
Solrock
Ludicolo
Gogoat (offer made, might not be avaliable soon)
Crobat
Seismitoad
Azumaril
Golduck
Zebstrika
Watchog
Gigalith
Dodrio
Meinshao
Wailord
Vullaby
Swadloon
Minccino
Sneasel
Swalot
Galvantula
Ferrothorn
Cofagrigus
Jynx
Magnezone
Pidgeot
Pelipper
Miltalk
Emboar (I have two, one japanese one english)
Raticate
Arcanine
Metagross
Zangoose
Mamoswine
Heatmor
Stunfisk
Mantyke
Nidoran (female)
Tynamo
Ditto
Meganium
Sceptile
Torterra
Serperior
Typhlosion
Blaziken
Infernape
Feraligatr
Swampert
Empoleon
Samurott

Shinies I want:
Honedge or any evolution of
Mewtwo
Fennekin
Chespin
Froakie

Open for random offers

PM for details such as level and nature and so on :3

BTW all of these are on pokemon Y, so if you've read this list from the lower gen perspective I'm sorry to have wasted your time :3

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
To the above post, try the Trade Forum. This thread is focused on the hunting of shiny Pokemon, so a lot people here are adamant about not trading their shinies. You'll have much better luck in the trade forum than here.

Or is it possible that with the "sudden transformation" that it's not a pokemon event but an item event that evolves carbink? With all the other legendaries being shiny locked, I would assume if this was an event it would be shiny locked as well...

If there was an item, I'd have thought we'd know something about that by now. I really like this hypothesis the most, though:

I think by "sudden transformation", it needn't be an actual evolution. It's just explaining the source - i.e. one Carbink underwent some permanent change & is now known as Diancie.
I don't think the process can be re-called at will for all the other Carbinks. Similar to how Mewtwo was created from Mew - it's just a one-off incident. Just maybe, this has got to do with the event 3000 years ago? Just like how those evolutionary stones suddenly became those mega-stones, maybe one Carbink was exposed to this energy differently, thus permanently changing it to a Diancie?

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
To the above post, try the Trade Forum. This thread is focused on the hunting of shiny Pokemon, so a lot people here are adamant about not trading their shinies. You'll have much better luck in the trade forum than here.

If there was an item, I'd have thought we'd know something about that by now. I really like this hypothesis the most, though:

I was thinking more because people have not entirely hacked the games yet, there may be an item we don't yet know about. Who knows, it could be something that ties in with the ultimate weapon and mega stones as well as carbink in general.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter

Ah, good idea! That would be cool if we could transform our own Carbink.

wow awesome ^^ any idea what it stat gonna be yet? ^^

No stats have been revealed yet, but I'm thinking it'll be similar to Carbink stats but with higher attacking stats.

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.

Hmmm...this is interesting.

Maybe, if it isn't an item...maybe you are able to catch this Pokemon. That would be amazing...I wouldn't mind starting to soft reset for Legendary Pokemon.
However...that wouldn't explain much, considering everything else is Shiny Lock.

The only other thing I can think of is...random trainers who download has a chance of getting it shiny. That would be just a really horrible move on their part.

As for Shinies...uhm...nothing much.
Though, through trade, I did get a Shiny Vaporeon, Flareon, and Umbreon. :D I will not put them in my chart, though.

Keovix

Congratulations on your shinies guys! :)

I have some good news after 6326 SR's in B2 and W2 shiny Cobalion finally showed up, this is another hunt that took quite a while considering I was SR with the shiny charm equipped in both games (I guess luck's always needed), wanted to catch it with a quickball but it wasn't going to happen and after 30+ turns I caught it with a timer ball, it has brave nature and good IV's in both Spec. Attack and Speed.

On the other hand after 8384 SR's I'm still waiting for shiny Lugia to appear in SS, definitely not giving up.

Now that Cobalion has been caught, I started SR for the last member of the Swords of Justice trio, Terrakion, I only have 20 SR's.

And shiny Diance looks good, hopefully we will be able to SR for it, really wanna do a legendary hunt in X/Y.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts!

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Huh, the fact that they've shown a shiny one for the dex entry could mean that we'll get one as an event...but then, why show the normal form in all the other images? o.o It would be great if we could SR for Diancie! That would make me question why they'd go to the bother of shiny locking the other SRable legendaries though...

It would be nice if they'd at least tell us for sure if we'll be able to get the other shiny legends somehow X3

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

I really like Ruas's hypothesis, too. This whole game has the mysterious war and life-giving machine from 3,000 years ago; it would be silly of them not to tie in Diance and the entire legendary trio into it. Heck, maybe the machine caused Pokemon like Azumarill to mutate into Fairy-types, since they aren't Fairy in the other games. I would think that if there was an item involved in this (like a Carbinkite or something) that Smealum would have found it already, since he already found the Lati stones. I'm pretty sure that Diance will just be another Gamestop/movie/Wifi giveaway. But I think it would be really interesting if a Carbink happened to be around the Machine while the King was using it and it caused Carbink to mutate. Maybe Carbink was on the King's team. Diance is definitely a mutation, like Mewtwo and Mew, rather than an evolution of some sort.

Dangertrout

I'm still MMing Fletchling, and I managed to encounter some sort of glitch in my game.
In order to keep track of my egg count I've been collecting 5 eggs, hatching them and then placing the birds in the PC.
So I've been placing birds into the PC in groups of 5.
I now have 2 extra birds that weren't there a few minutes ago. o_O
Something I did must have cloned them, though I have no idea what.
Probably something to do with blipping online for a few minutes to do a trade.
Anyways, all that to say this is really bothering me because now my count is off by 2.
2!!
I might be having an obsessive compulsive moment. >.<

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
Traded a passerby my shiny Dragonite for their shiny Reuniclus. No second thought about it since it's IV's were meh and
I wanted to go after a marvel scale ES one eventually anyway. Kind of cool to see the Diancie and Carbink theories
to be proven true. Hate the design but still makes me like it a littel bit more.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh boy, luck shines on me today.

[IMG139]http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/gustavo1495/Shinies/Rotom_zps37c83ce2.jpg[/IMG139]

149 eggs and this little guy came out! I hatch my eggs in sets of 150, so I was just about ready to go and collect another set of eggs too. I even had a 6IV parent I was going to use to replace my 5IV one I was using in the Day Care. Modest, and IV's are 31/x/17/31/31/31, so unfortunately, defense is less than perfect. Still, 17 is far from bad for an offensive Rotom-H. Hidden Power is Dragon, so that's still only marginally better than Dark, but that's not going to stop me from using it on my competitive team. I'm just glad HP, Special Attack and Speed are perfect, so I couldn't have asked for a better shiny Rotom. Can't wait to EV train this guy up!

Soon I'll be going back to Tornadus, because I feel like actually getting a good old 1/8192 shiny again. Hopefully all these longer hunts end soon!

Back to the Diancie talk, it also seems that the image of shiny Diancie was removed from the official site. Looks like that may have been a mistake and shiny Diancie might still not be available. Looks like only time will tell.

Vakturion

I've started my first attempt at masuda method, 600 eggs in and I've found nothing. I don't know how some of you guys get 1k+ eggs, such determination D:

killercloud

I'm up to 830 eggs for MMing a shiny Gastly. That's with the shiny charm too. Getting irritated by it now but I'll probably be more enthusiastic about it again tomorrow. This hunt has taken about three weeks so far but I have been searching for it in white 2 too so it's probably a year of hunting on and off.

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Congratulations to elorasheppard on Mareep x2 and Sewaddle, cyberra on Nidoran, Tsukuyomi56 on Spoink, Quils on Golurk and Floette, The Exalt on Corsola, Scrufox86 on Yanma, Samus_Aran on Bibarel and Frogadier, Nredboyiam on Mime Jr., Keovix on Cobalion, and Psynergy on Rotom!
Good luck to everyone still searching for their shinies.

---

I chain fished up a few Luvdisc today, then gave them silly nicknames, sweet hearts and Pokerus and wonder traded them off. I had plenty of time to do it while waiting forever at the clinic.
I also have two parents with the IVs I want for Vullaby so I'm going to start collecting eggs now. Hopefully it's a short hunt.