• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Just MM my second shiny ever! I wasn't keeping track but I would guess around the 350th egg I got a shiny Cottonee!! I was hoping to get Prankster but Infiltrator isn't that bad and I really can't complain because it turns out its got all 6IV's! And even better, while I was EV training him I ran into a shiny Gulpin! Shiny charm really does work wonders. Gotta admit, Whimsicott has to have one of my favorite shiny forms out there, he's so cute!
Take a peek!
Evolved!
Good luck everybody!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Just MM my second shiny ever! I wasn't keeping track but I would guess around the 350th egg I got a shiny Cottonee!! I was hoping to get Prankster but Infiltrator isn't that bad and I really can't complain because it turns out its got all 6IV's! And even better, while I was EV training him I ran into a shiny Gulpin! Shiny charm really does work wonders. Gotta admit, Whimsicott has to have one of my favorite shiny forms out there, he's so cute!
Take a peek!
Evolved!
Good luck everybody!

Wow, major gratz on the Cottonee, and 6 IVs too!? Amazing. You should get an ability capsule to change it to Prankster, though. Whimsicott needs that ability.

---------------------

I'm still going hard for Fennekin, but it seems like this is gonna be a really tough hunt; not giving in though. I also did some triple hunting today for the first time, which was pretty weird but I guess I just need to get use to it.

Gratz on the recent shinies, especially Psynergy on Rotom and Keovix on Cobalion. Good luck everyone. :]

Scrufox86

Oh wow... Ok so not the one I was looking for... but I found a shiny Weepinbell in a horde after only 56 horde encounters. And I am now at 170 horde encounters looking for either Arbok or Gligar.

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post. Good luck to everyone shiny hunting!

Pumped after my first successful MM hunt I completed a while ago; after about 2 weeks of searching and just over 430 eggs, I finally hatched my shiny moody Snorunt! Glalie has always been a dream shiny so I'm really happy! I was a bit worried it would have one of it's other two abilities (wouldn't be the worst thing in the world though?) but I'm really happy it got moody! She's got a 31/31/31/31/31/27-28 IV spread so that's amazing and a bashful nature which is what if wanted!

image.jpg

Also while hunting I found a shiny Roggenrola in a hoard (which is only my second non-friend safari random encounter in nearly ten years of playing!) and a legitimate shiny Rayquaza in a trade! Both of their IVs and the Roggenrola's nature are pretty bad, so they'll just going to be trophies.

Next I might MM for a Mudkip, Lotad or Spritzee as I really like their colourings! Congrats on all the new shines by the way everyone!

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Man I was being so fickle yesterday. Anyway, I've gone back to hunting Sandile for my White BQ. I'm on 170 eggs so far. If anyone has a Japanese Female Sandile I'd love it! Currently I'm using the same Japanese Ditto I used to hatch Deyna. All the Sandile's are hatching with Earthquake and Rock Slide, and the Jolly everstone seems to be working a good 50% of the time. My other two targets on this BQ will be hatching targets as well: Deino and Rufflet respectively. Good luck all!
~RaichuArcanine~

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Congrats to anyone with a new shiny (or shinies!) and good luck for those still trying to get one ;)

As for me? Community Hunt Complete :D

Shiny Tyrunt hatched on Egg #443 yesterday, just a few hours before Valentine's Day ends :p

And what's awesome is, it's a girl :D
(Tyrunt only has 12,5% chance to be female)

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/tyrunt_zpsc230c6c4.jpg[/img139]

I guess I'll try Woobat next, it's in the CH and has low egg cycle. I picked Tyrunt without knowing about its high egg cycle lol

MDS777

The name's Riley
Just hatched another shiny Ralts at around 350 eggs. I say around because I tripped on my charger and my game card supposedly was removed even though it was still inside the system. Not to mention....it's another male, ugh. ;( I'm a little less angry at it being male because I wanted to restart my count anyway since it got screwed up.

Side note: If anyone wants a male shiny Ralts, let me know in PM. Otherwise, I'll just give it away on wonder trade. I don't want a duplicate shiny nor do I care for duplicate shinies. Traded.

Now to continue my hunt for female shiny Ralts.

Last edited:

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone on your new shinies and goodluck to those still hunting!

I've been trying to get pokebank and transporter to work for the whole day now, it worked in the morning but when I was halfway through transferring my live dex it started spewing error code 006-0112 again, my sworn enemy since day one on bank's release day in japan. I guess I'll just continue later when the server isn't as crowded...

Anyways, I havent done much on my hunts because of sorting out what to transfer and what needs to stay, I did a measly 70 eggs for furfrou so my total is at 1570 eggs.

PKMaster2

Catching them all.
Got no luck on Roggenrola on Valentines Day ;(. HE WAS ME ONLY LOOOOOOOVE!
Well, wish me good luck! Ill need it, as ill probably stay up all night Horde Encountering and MM'ing.
Hey, guys, how about we do a hunt for shiny Rufflet/Braviary before Presidents Day? sound cool?

Last edited:

JohnnyC

No luck on my shiny Lucario hunt :(
I did however, got 2 shiny Eevees yesterday, they became Sylveon and Espeon.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to elorasheppard on Sewaddle, Tsukuyomi56 on Spoink, Keovix on Cobalion, Psynergy on Rotom, Wurmpleking on Cottonee, RazorLeafChikorita on Snorunt, Shine on Tyrunt, MultiDarkShadow777 on Ralts, and everyone else on your shinies!

------------

I also did some triple hunting today for the first time, which was pretty weird but I guess I just need to get use to it.

Triple hunting felt pretty awkward when I first started :x Feels completely normal now though :D

------------

Hey, guys, how about we do a hunt for shiny Rufflet/Braviary before Presidents Day? sound cool?

Not that I'm saying it couldn't be done or that it isn't a good idea, but there are plenty of users in here who aren't even in/from the US, which would make the hunt completely meaningless to them. And while we might focus on other things that are based mainly in the US, or that not everyone celebrates (Thanksgiving and Christmas), those are more major holidays that people are exposed to more and are at least more familiar with...President's Day, not so much.

Like I said, not saying it won't happen (surely there are others here who think it's a good idea), but it just seems unlikely to be the kind of Community Hunt you might be expecting.

------------

No Valentine’s shiny for me =\ 500 SRs and 600 REs today. Well, tomorrow’s another day.

Good luck, everyone :)

Last edited:

wingman32x

Hatched a shiny Shinx via MM on egg #57. The box 13 charm struck again for me. 5 out of my 6 MM hunts ended while hatching in that box.It's male, relaxed nature. It has outstanding potential, with 31's in HP and Attack. Not the best roll, but I'm happy I'm getting my shiny Luxray.

I also found a shiny Gulpin in a horde. Wasn't even horde hunting, just training a Croagunk. I barely caught the shiny chime. I wasn't looking at the screen at the time, and it was enough to make me check my 3DS. Glad I did lol. It's male, Naughty nature. It has relatively superior potential with "Fantastic" attack. I don't like the Gulpin line very much, but RE shinies are always fun.

Nulava

Banned
[Size=+2]Pokemon X[/Size]

My shiny drought has finally come to an end.
After searching an eternity in the Friend Safari, I came across my 10th shiny, a Shiny Quilladin.
This Hedgehog got some interesting colors with dark brown mixed with a little yellow.
It also has its Hidden Ability Bulletproof which I am really excited for. Definitely a nice shiny for my collection.

Congratulations to everyone on there recent shinies,
And good luck to those in there future shiny hunt. :D

Samus_Aran

Gardevoir Fanboy
Got 2 Pokemon today in the Friend Safari, one of which I'm very happy about. First, I got a Shiny Minccino, and the 2nd one was a female Eevee, with 4 perfect IVs. :)

It's Bold, and it's IVs are 31/xx/31/31/31/xx. She's going to be a nice, Shiny Sylveon once I get around to evolving her.

Edit:
My next hunt is going to be a Shiny Fletchinder, and Shiny Charmeleon, both in the same Friend Safari.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Epic reclaim! 780 hordes into nidoran-m phase 2, starly reappears, and this time I got it!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6161_zps97a7ca34.jpg[/IMG139]

I already have a shiny staravia, though, so I'm going to put starly on the GTS.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

Meanwhile, I've been plodding on with my Lugia hunt - I'm now at 14,588 SRs.

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

Scrufox86

Hi all. Right I have more shiny news. It is a little annoying but a shiny is a shiny... I got a 2nd shiny Weepinbell from horde encountering. I am still waiting for my shiny Gligar!!.... and Arbok... And it is annoying because I have plenty of shiny Weepinbell on my gen IV games from pokeradar so I don't need multiple Weepinbell! Oh well this one appeared at horde number 273 and I have read that with the shiny charm 277 is the average?

Anyway congratulations to all new shinies and good luck to everyone still hunting!

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I got my 28th shiny this morning which was a Shiny Cloyster(my 2nd) while I was looking for a shiny Delibird. It really does help when you're in someone's safari and they're online.