• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
after my Shiny Tyrunt hatched on Valentine's Day, I decided to go for something else in the CH. I picked Woobat.

............Shiny Woobat in just 31 eggs :D

and its ability is its HA, Simple :D YAYYYYYYYYYYYY (I was worried it would be Unaware instead, or even worse, Klutz)

also, its IVs are 31/x/x/31/31/31 (I'm lucky it inherit its parent's SAtk & Speed IV, with Destiny Knot passing only 5 IVs, I could have received one with random SAtk/Speed IV)

[IMG139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/woobat_zpsef36ec44.jpg[/IMG139]

so......Community Hunt Complete x2, then :p

I think I'll go for Spinarak next. It's also in the CH and has low egg cycle just like Woobat.

And I need to update my second shiny banner soon....there are some shinies I still haven't add, and right now I have two more to add, Tyrunt and Woobat XD

benjamon1111

Shiny Hunter
Good luck Shiny hunting everyone, and may the Shininess be with you!
Today was a very interesting day of shiny hunting for me. First off, I was horde-hunting for murkrow or klefki, and i found a Shiny Foongus, the only one I didn't want. I went back to my Audino/Eevee/Teddiursa safari hoping to find any shiny except for Teddiursa. Well, after a total of 16 hours, I found Shiny Teddiursa, modest with the hidden ability. Out of rage I named it Lil Shrek despite it being female. 15 minutes later Shiny Audino appeared. I'm still missing the shiny I really wanted, eevee, for my sister. I'll update the post if I find any more today.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I got the Shiny Charm and everything in this post was done with it.

EDIT: 5 hours after the last one, I got another Shiny Audino, modest nature with healer ability.

FINAL EDIT: And 5 minutes after the second audino, Shiny Eevee finally appears! It didn't get the hidden ability or the modest synch, but a shiny is a shiny! Shiny Charm got me five shinies today, so that was cool.

Last edited:

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Omggg! Shiny Murkrow in the Safari Zone!

This is my 2nd time encountering a shiny Murkrow here; the first one fled, but did this one flee too..?

Yup.. :[
Safari Zone: 3
Me: 0

Still not giving up! I'll catch something here eventually lol.

Dang man. I only wish I had the guts to do what you do. I've only lost 3 shinies (emerald caught my first ever shiny, a claydol, gold version a graveler used selfdestruct, and a found an uncatchable SR'd zigzagoon) I couldn't bear to hunt there with such a risk. Good luck to you I hope you the best of luck in the Safari Zone,
And I wish AquaRegisteel the best of luck on his long awaited Giratina.

So after I thought my luck had run out and staying away from pokemon for a day or so, I went back to the friend safari, and initially didn't have success, but when i switched around to random safaris (of pokemon I wasn't really looking for) then my luck seemed to return. I first found a Chansey after about 20 minutes in the safari, then found two shiny Pyroars (both female sadly, but 10 minutes apart) within about 30 minutes. I then gave it a break for half the day, and came back 10 minutes before going to bed to search for a Lapras (I have been searching for one for a while). I found a shiny Lapras right as I was about to call it quits, and then it used Perish Song. I had paralyzed it already, and kept throwing ultra balls, but it didn't get caught, so when Perish Song had only 1 turn left, I threw a master ball. The next day I had no luck in the FS, so I did some chain fishing to get some of the shinies I had traded away back. I found a shiny Skrelp (quit a boring shiny since they're so common). Then I went back to my Murkrow horde hunt, and instead found a shiny Klefki (after about an hour). And today finally, I found a shiny Charmeleon in FS after about 30 minutes (another one I had been hunting for a while). So my hunt is going pretty well. Now if only that dang shiny Noibat will show up...

sonobakagaki

Decided to try out sweet scent hordes, figured 30 minutes or so at it wouldn't hurt. On literally my first encounter I find a shiny Naive Weepinbell. So stoked!

Well, since I am completely new to this forum, might as well make my appearance here. =)

Hi there, I'm SkylertKlaw. I've been a huge Pokémon fan since the old days, Red/Blue. I've been with the series for awhile now so I can honestly say that I am glad I finally decided to join a website involving the series that got me into RPGs. =)

Anyway, let's talk about shinies.

Currently, my shinies are the following

Coal the Charizard (level 100)
Milotic (Used to have a nickname before they changed it back to her species name) (Level 100)
Auburn the Gurdurr (Level 58)
Hulk the Ursaring (Level 62)
Graveler (Level 57)
Raphael the Luxray (Level 72)
Saphira the Kingdra (Level 50)
Clauncher (Level 25)
Thorn the Garchomp (Level 93)
Balthasar the Gyrados (Level 54)
Stardrop the Starmie (Level 56)
Tiana the Dragonair (Level 46)
And a female Shiny Sylveon (Level 37)

And that's my collection of shinies. While not the biggest, it's something I take pride in. =)

I'm currently looking for two shinies at the moment. A Noibat (either gender) and a female Ralts named Zelda.

If you guys wanna help, lemme know okay? ^_^

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I hatched my shiny cottonee. It was egg number 161.

cottonee_zpsc4cc732d.jpg

Douliekmudkipz

After an hour or so of shiny hunting in the Friend Safari, I decided to try my luck at Sweet Scenting. After about ten minutes I had myself a shiny Hoppip. Sure, it's nothing exciting (or useful), but I'm happy.

So far, still no luck with a Noibat or a Ralts in the shiny area. Which is odd cause when I'm not looking for shinies they just appear out of no where. Litterally the first shiny I found in X was Ursaring and I was training a Pokémon for the Attack Stat against it. XD

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
I've hatched 300 Tyrunt eggs now and no shiny yet. I want to breed some other Pokémon for battling but I can't take the male Tyrunt out because it will lose its egg moves

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
Yesterday I grew tired of MMing Honedge so I did some friend safari hunting. I ended up with a shiny hasty Larvesta, a neutral nature Pachirisu, and a careful Manectric. Not a bad haul, I wish the Manectric had a better nature though. Today I continue with my hunt for a Honedge. I've hatched another box bringing my total to 2294 eggs hatched... yep

I've hatched 300 Tyrunt eggs now and no shiny yet. I want to breed some other Pokémon for battling but I can't take the male Tyrunt out because it will lose its egg moves

There's away around that ya know. You could get an Arbok and make it learn the Elemental Fangs as well so you can use the Tyrantrum.

Douliekmudkipz

For a Heart Scale you can have the move re-learner teach your Tyrunt the egg moves again.

If anyone's interested, I have a Japanese Froakie with the Protean ability that's up for trade if you have a shiny. While the Froakie itself isn't shiny, his ability is very useful as we've seen in competitive battles.

EmeraldPhoenix

Shiny Hunter
Well, no new shinies to report for me. I did, however gather a few boxes of Phantump eggs and hatched enough to get myself over 700. Actually I believe that's 24 boxes, so 720?
I got a little impatient and tried to test my luck at horde hunting, so I went and tried for a shiny Trevenant with no luck, but only really tried for like 30 minutes. Decided to go back to my eggs because I have a good feeling about this hunt finally ending soon.

I also did some resets for Kyogre on HG, so I'm at exactly 500 now! Hopefully it shines soon as well so I can beg a friend to let me borrow a Groudon from a Johto game and get the Jade Orb so I can SR for Rayquaza.

I'm tempted to MM for something in my Y as well, but I really should finish the game so I can figure out what the rest of my safaris are, lol. Guess I might do some fishing on Y.

My main reason forr coming here tonight though, is to ask a question about badge quests: Do you have to SR for a starter, or do you just need a shiny before taking on the first gym leader? I'm attemping a BQ in my SS game, but I have all 3 Johto starters shiny already (albeit from trades, and none of them were obtained by me personally) so I'm not really sure if I want to SR for another one. I think I would probably just go to Route 36 and try to get a Nidoran or Growlithe, preferably. Stantler or Pidgey would be neat too, so no down side since I don't have any of the pokemon found there as a shiny. Thanks!

Dangertrout

Well, no new shinies to report for me. I did, however gather a few boxes of Phantump eggs and hatched enough to get myself over 700. Actually I believe that's 24 boxes, so 720?
I got a little impatient and tried to test my luck at horde hunting, so I went and tried for a shiny Trevenant with no luck, but only really tried for like 30 minutes. Decided to go back to my eggs because I have a good feeling about this hunt finally ending soon.

I also did some resets for Kyogre on HG, so I'm at exactly 500 now! Hopefully it shines soon as well so I can beg a friend to let me borrow a Groudon from a Johto game and get the Jade Orb so I can SR for Rayquaza.

I'm tempted to MM for something in my Y as well, but I really should finish the game so I can figure out what the rest of my safaris are, lol. Guess I might do some fishing on Y.

My main reason forr coming here tonight though, is to ask a question about badge quests: Do you have to SR for a starter, or do you just need a shiny before taking on the first gym leader? I'm attemping a BQ in my SS game, but I have all 3 Johto starters shiny already (albeit from trades, and none of them were obtained by me personally) so I'm not really sure if I want to SR for another one. I think I would probably just go to Route 36 and try to get a Nidoran or Growlithe, preferably. Stantler or Pidgey would be neat too, so no down side since I don't have any of the pokemon found there as a shiny. Thanks!

It's a self-imposed challenge, so it's really up to you. For my BQ I'm just REing a shiny before the first gym. I didn't like how long it took to SR the starter in Pearl.

480 eggs since my shiny charm, but no shiny yet.
Did some horde hunting and on the 90th horde I got a shiny Scrafty ^_^
So charm is doing something for me there at least :p

Cyberra

pain in the ***
It has been a good day for shinies!

Phase 2 for Nidoran-M ended at horde 201, with a shiny stunky...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6163_zps50e27da2.jpg[/IMG139]

Not what I was looking for, though, and not one of my favorite pokemon. Deciding whether or not I want to evolve it. And it was my weird sense of humor that ended up picking the name for it.

Phase 3 ended 117 hordes later with a second shiny starly. I caught it and put it on the GTS, and now I'm into phase 4.

In Black 2, I began my second hatch for solrock, and at egg 524...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6167_zps8bd7425b.jpg[/IMG139]

Shiny solrock! It's named after the Greek sun god Helios. I'm very pleased ^^ Next target is weedle/beedrill.

And...

Community hunt complete x8!

PKMaster2

Catching them all.
Woah: Presidents Day is on Feb 17! Dang... So I think it would be cool if we could do an unofficial CH of Rufflet/Braviary on... Wednsday? Since I know there are some people from foreign countries, I think it would be cool if you guys could try to do it too! But off the gibbering, No Roggenrola luck yet.