• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Keovix

Psynergy on Rotom, Clipowl on Luvdisc, WurmpleKing on Cottonee, Scrufox86 on Weepinbell, RazorLeafChikorita on Snorunt and Roggenrola, Shine on Tyrunt and Woobat, MultiDarkShadow777 on Ralts, JohnnyC on Evee, wingman32x on Shinx and Gulpin, Nulava on Quilladin, Samus_Aran on Minccino and Evee, Cyberra on Starly, Stunky and Solrock, Strongbad556 on Cloyster, Sito on Riolu, Shao-May on Furfruo, AquaRegisteel on Vivillion, Corsola and Cacturne, FarFromFreedom on Aipom, Chibi_Muffin on Furfrou, Tyrantrum on Foongus, Phyroxzenoid on Abra, Supremacy on Deddene, Quils on Cottonee, pokemaster13 on Tyrunt, benjamon1111 on Foongus, Teediursa, Audino and Evee, Gugulug5000 on Chansey, Pyroar, Lapras, Skrelp, Klefki and Charmeleon, sonobakagi on Weepinbell, Arcamenel on Cottonee, Douliekmudkipz on Hoppip, The Hiker King on Larvesta, Pachirisu and Manectric and everyone else!

Shiny Terrakion appeared after 1030 SR in Black2, this is one of my shortest hunts after Uxie and Azelf and I'm really happy it didn't took as long as Virizion and Cobalion (both of them took over 6k SR's) all these SR's were done with the shiny charm equipped in both B2 & W2, I caught it with a great ball. Terrakion has Brave nature, these are it's IV's.

HP: 23-24
Attack: 14-15
Defense: 29-31
Spec. Attack: 25-27
Spec. Defense: 29-31
Speed: 29-30

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/keovix/Mobile%20Uploads/196_zps901adac2.png
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/keovix/Mobile%20Uploads/DSCN2396_zps9461c842.jpg

Now that the last member of the Swords of Justice has been caught I can move on to Heatran, already started SR for it in both games (60 SR so far).

Lugia on the hand won't shine yet, I have done 8978 SR's and counting, I might restart HeartGold to increase the odds.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts!

PKMaster2

Catching them all.
I just traded 2 of my shinies for a Genesect and a Deoxys. they are both legit: Fateful encounter. Must of cloned them. Anyways, wish me good luck on Roggenrola!

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats to:
CallMyName on Throh and Growlithe and Meditite and Mawile and Rotom and Nidoran, Slushie on Zubat and Sneasel, Dangertrout on Phantump and Chansey and Clawitzer and Relicanth and Qwilfish and Remoraid x2 and Scraggy, Crimson Blazer on Dratini, Nulava on Spheal and Helioptile and Dedenne and Shuppet and Quilladin, Rakurai on Deino, ShinyMew1234 on Skrelp, imaGe on Scyther and Eevee, EmeraldPhoenix on Tropius and Bibarel and Clauncher, dark1raven3 on Charmander and Nidoran Male and Beldum, PMKMN Trainer Gray on Froakie, I, Pink Elephant on Snorunt, Navarch on Wingull, Zekromaster826 on Hoppip x2 and Chinchou and Nosepass, Scrufox86 on Whismur and Hawlucha and Nosepass and Yanma and Weepinbell x2, Iwanuq on Charmeleon and Pawniard, wobbanut on Snorunt, Ho-oh the Rainbow Pokemon on Haunter and Mime Jr., Dragalge on Lampent, The King of Ho-oh's on Bulbasaur, ohjeezitskim on Ralts, Dylze on the Eevees and Lillipups, ShinyMisty on Tangela x2 and Ivysaur, JoshRJV77 on Absol and Ho-oh, TomoEGoto on Solosis, Greedy Chibi on Riolu, litleo729 on Spinda and Luvdisc, Gligari on Sandslash, Andrew Shard on Vanillite, Neji-and-Pidgeot on Pidgey, MultiDarkShadow777 on Shuppet and Ralts x2 and Mawile, Royal_Qeca on Reuniclus, Missingno. Master on Froakie, maldoror on Spinda and Tyrunt, tothewest88 on Magcargo and Gabite, Misjie on Oshawott x2, Tsukuyomi56 on Gulpin and Spoink, Winter02 on Basculin, PrinceB on Shellder, Cyberra on the Wingulls and Seviper and Eevee and Skrelp and Ekans and Staravia and Nidoran Female and Starly x2 and Stunky and Solrock, Samus_Aran on the many Gyarados and many Frogadier and many Bibarel and Minccino and Eevee, Fayh on Remoraid, Silicone on Vanillite, manske on Frogadier and Ivysaur and Audino and Zubat and Woobat, Arcamenel on Cyndaquil and Oddish and Cottonee, Drake Poketrainer on Stunky, AmazingChi on Noibat x2, sdotj on Fletchinder and Ponyta, Supremacy on Fletchling x2 and Bunnelby and Swirlix and Dedenne and Murkrow, Vaksa on Kabuto, Nerdboyiam on Mime Jr. and Roggenrola, kirkeastment on Nosepass, StrongBad456 on Cloyster x2 and Ninetales, ElectricBassClef on Minccino, The Prince Of May on Quilladin x2, elorasheppard on Nidoran Male and Mareep x2 and Sewaddle, RocketToTheMoon on Gothorita, RaichuArcanine on Oshawott, GrayFire503 on Dwebble, Mr. Shinx on Fennekin, varanus_komodoensis on Dratini and Helioptile, EsotericHeart on Skrelp, ClipOwl on Mawile and Aipom, eiger on Charmander, shinyclauncher1234 on Treecko, Gugulug on Larvesta and Stunky and Nidoran Female and Starly and Chansey and Pyroar x2 and Lapras and Klefki, Heliotrope on Chespin, PokeAmi on Cascoon, searing light dragon on Sneasel, mrpuffalos on Froakie, Pman11 on Charmeleon and Murkrow, tonyg44x on Mienfoo, The Exalt on Corsola, Keovix on Cobalion and Terrakion, Psynergy on Rotom, WurmpleKing on Cottonee, RazorLeafChikorita on Snorunt, Shine on Tyrunt and Woobat, wingman32x on Shinx and Gulpin, sito on Riolu, Shao-May on Furfrou, AquaRegisteel on Vivillion and Corsola and Cacturne, FarFromFreedom on Aipom, Chibi_Muffin on Furfrou, Tyrantrum on Foongus, Phyroxzenoid on Abra, Quils on Cottonee, pokemaster13 on Tyrunt, benjamon1111 on Audino x2 and Eevee and Foongus and Teddiursa, sonobakagaki on Weepinbell, Douliekmudkipz on Hoppip, The Hiker King on Larvesta and Pachirisu and Manectric and congrats on anyone else I may have missed since my last shiny/post.
So today at around 9:55-10 PM (yesterday as of this post since it is now 2:51 AM) I finished transferring all of my 3rd, 4th and 5th gen shinies to my Y version after making sure they got any move tutor moves they may need. Well once that was done I decided to take a break for a while and play some Yoshi's Story and attempt to get all melons/max score in every stage and SR for Palkia in Platinum. I already failed because a Lakitu won't respawn in Bone Dragon Pit so i'll have to try again later. Anyway, as I was attempting to reach the ledge where the last 3 melons that I needed were but couldn't/can't reach without the Lakitu, I turned around in my chair to look up something on my computer and saw Palkia come across the screen a lot brighter than normal and saw the tell tale sparkles!
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0283_zpsfac3a8a3.jpg[/IMG139]
However I had to quickly close my DS to conserve power as my DS had been really low on power, as in being in the red for over an hour. So I moved as fast as I could and dove for my charger and quickly plugged it in. The battle took about eight or nine minutes and eventually it surrendered and stayed within the Heal Ball and finally freeing me from Spear Pillar. I never have to go back unless I replay Diamond or Platinum. I have named him Rift and thus the DPPt trio Chronos the Dialga, Nexus the Giratina and now Rift the Palkia is finally complete! Now I'm off to send it to White 2 where I will see if it needs any Move Tutor moves then move it to Y where I will stuff it with Pokepuffs and give it lots of chin scratches and belly rubs.

More pictures:
OT/ID, Summary, Video

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

After finishing watching through all the Harry Potter films yesterday (which has taken several week xD), I reached 14,734 SRs for Lugia. Still going, and I'm being thankful that it's not yet as long as AquaRegisteel's Giratina hunt...

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

I once got a shiny Piloswine from a random encounter. I used a master ball on it. :)

Congrats to everyone whith their recent shinies, and good luck to everyone hunting.

So today I decided to do some chain fishing, since I still didn't get my shiny male nidoran after about 1000 horde encounters. I fished up a shiny Chinchou and a shiny Goldeen.
Then I decided to finish getting all the possible berries from those berry trees in the background. While I was looking for yellow berry trees on route 8, I randomly encountered a shiny Inkay ^^

I also decided to catch all my future shinies (except for MM ones) in luxury balls, it really suits them.

Oh and I also have a question, does anyone knows if the Mewtwo in gen 6 is shiny locked? I know the gen 6 legends and the kanto birds are.

Last edited:

Mr. Shinx

Well after 4 months of looking for shiny Fennekin to start my Y BQ off, the second shiny came very quickly.

Been looking in route 2 for any 6th gen pokemon, preferably a Fletchling, but I've ended up with a shiny Zigzagoon. Was disappointed at first but my wife seems to like it so I'm warming up to it too.

3rd target in my BQ will be a shiny Tyrunt. Love that blue t-rex!

ArdhiS

Scrufox86

Oh..... why oh why did it have to be another shiny Weepinbell... horde hunting for Gligar. That is Phase 3 done then without the desired result. I am now on phase 4 for shiny Gligar (or Arbok just as long as it is NOT a 4th Weepinbell I will be pleased). I am currently at 35 hordes. I have gotten 4 horde hunting results but I will wait until I get my Gligar and then post how many it took to find the shiny for each one (with shiny charm odds).

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck to everyone shiny hunting!

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to:
CallMyName on Throh and Growlithe and Meditite and Mawile and Rotom and Nidoran, Slushie on Zubat and Sneasel, Dangertrout on Phantump and Chansey and Clawitzer and Relicanth and Qwilfish and Remoraid x2 and Scraggy, Crimson Blazer on Dratini, Nulava on Spheal and Helioptile and Dedenne and Shuppet and Quilladin, Rakurai on Deino, ShinyMew1234 on Skrelp, imaGe on Scyther and Eevee, EmeraldPhoenix on Tropius and Bibarel and Clauncher, dark1raven3 on Charmander and Nidoran Male and Beldum, PMKMN Trainer Gray on Froakie, I, Pink Elephant on Snorunt, Navarch on Wingull, Zekromaster826 on Hoppip x2 and Chinchou and Nosepass, Scrufox86 on Whismur and Hawlucha and Nosepass and Yanma and Weepinbell x2, Iwanuq on Charmeleon and Pawniard, wobbanut on Snorunt, Ho-oh the Rainbow Pokemon on Haunter and Mime Jr., Dragalge on Lampent, The King of Ho-oh's on Bulbasaur, ohjeezitskim on Ralts, Dylze on the Eevees and Lillipups, ShinyMisty on Tangela x2 and Ivysaur, JoshRJV77 on Absol and Ho-oh, TomoEGoto on Solosis, Greedy Chibi on Riolu, litleo729 on Spinda and Luvdisc, Gligari on Sandslash, Andrew Shard on Vanillite, Neji-and-Pidgeot on Pidgey, MultiDarkShadow777 on Shuppet and Ralts x2 and Mawile, Royal_Qeca on Reuniclus, Missingno. Master on Froakie, maldoror on Spinda and Tyrunt, tothewest88 on Magcargo and Gabite, Misjie on Oshawott x2, Tsukuyomi56 on Gulpin and Spoink, Winter02 on Basculin, PrinceB on Shellder, Cyberra on the Wingulls and Seviper and Eevee and Skrelp and Ekans and Staravia and Nidoran Female and Starly x2 and Stunky and Solrock, Samus_Aran on the many Gyarados and many Frogadier and many Bibarel and Minccino and Eevee, Fayh on Remoraid, Silicone on Vanillite, manske on Frogadier and Ivysaur and Audino and Zubat and Woobat, Arcamenel on Cyndaquil and Oddish and Cottonee, Drake Poketrainer on Stunky, AmazingChi on Noibat x2, sdotj on Fletchinder and Ponyta, Supremacy on Fletchling x2 and Bunnelby and Swirlix and Dedenne and Murkrow, Vaksa on Kabuto, Nerdboyiam on Mime Jr. and Roggenrola, kirkeastment on Nosepass, StrongBad456 on Cloyster x2 and Ninetales, ElectricBassClef on Minccino, The Prince Of May on Quilladin x2, elorasheppard on Nidoran Male and Mareep x2 and Sewaddle, RocketToTheMoon on Gothorita, RaichuArcanine on Oshawott, GrayFire503 on Dwebble, Mr. Shinx on Fennekin, varanus_komodoensis on Dratini and Helioptile, EsotericHeart on Skrelp, ClipOwl on Mawile and Aipom, eiger on Charmander, shinyclauncher1234 on Treecko, Gugulug on Larvesta and Stunky and Nidoran Female and Starly and Chansey and Pyroar x2 and Lapras and Klefki, Heliotrope on Chespin, PokeAmi on Cascoon, searing light dragon on Sneasel, mrpuffalos on Froakie, Pman11 on Charmeleon and Murkrow, tonyg44x on Mienfoo, The Exalt on Corsola, Keovix on Cobalion and Terrakion, Psynergy on Rotom, WurmpleKing on Cottonee, RazorLeafChikorita on Snorunt, Shine on Tyrunt and Woobat, wingman32x on Shinx and Gulpin, sito on Riolu, Shao-May on Furfrou, AquaRegisteel on Vivillion and Corsola and Cacturne, FarFromFreedom on Aipom, Chibi_Muffin on Furfrou, Tyrantrum on Foongus, Phyroxzenoid on Abra, Quils on Cottonee, pokemaster13 on Tyrunt, benjamon1111 on Audino x2 and Eevee and Foongus and Teddiursa, sonobakagaki on Weepinbell, Douliekmudkipz on Hoppip, The Hiker King on Larvesta and Pachirisu and Manectric and congrats on anyone else I may have missed since my last shiny/post.
So today at around 9:55-10 PM (yesterday as of this post since it is now 2:51 AM) I finished transferring all of my 3rd, 4th and 5th gen shinies to my Y version after making sure they got any move tutor moves they may need. Well once that was done I decided to take a break for a while and play some Yoshi's Story and attempt to get all melons/max score in every stage and SR for Palkia in Platinum. I already failed because a Lakitu won't respawn in Bone Dragon Pit so i'll have to try again later. Anyway, as I was attempting to reach the ledge where the last 3 melons that I needed were but couldn't/can't reach without the Lakitu, I turned around in my chair to look up something on my computer and saw Palkia come across the screen a lot brighter than normal and saw the tell tale sparkles!
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0283_zpsfac3a8a3.jpg[/IMG139]
However I had to quickly close my DS to conserve power as my DS had been really low on power, as in being in the red for over an hour. So I moved as fast as I could and dove for my charger and quickly plugged it in. The battle took about eight or nine minutes and eventually it surrendered and stayed within the Heal Ball and finally freeing me from Spear Pillar. I never have to go back unless I replay Diamond or Platinum. I have named him Rift and thus the DPPt trio Chronos the Dialga, Nexus the Giratina and now Rift the Palkia is finally complete! Now I'm off to send it to White 2 where I will see if it needs any Move Tutor moves then move it to Y where I will stuff it with Pokepuffs and give it lots of chin scratches and belly rubs.

More pictures:
OT/ID, Summary, Video
Thanks for the congrats! Ive been subbed to you for a while and I didn't even know you were on serebii XD

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I started out searching the Friend Safari for shinies but found nothing. Then I resumed breeding using the Masuda Method, trying to get a shiny Treecko and I did it! I finally hatched a shiny Pokemon for the first time. I've tried using MM multiple times before but I've never gotten anything so it was definitely a surprise when I saw it was shiny.

Scrufox86

Oh damn..... I just found another shiny Weepinbell.... 4th one now trying to find a shiny Gligar! (or Arbok would be fine....) Phase 4 complete. Ok I can now list my 5 recent horde numbers if anyone is interested.

Yanma - 123
Weepinbell #1 - 56
Weepinbell #2 - 273
Weepinbell #3 - 552
weepinbell #4 - 154

And that averages - 231.6 hordes per shiny. I know these Weepinbell are annoying me now but I really want to get my Gligar from a horde. I may have to put up these shiny Weepinbell for trade if they keep coming instead.

By the way congrats to all new shinies and good luck to all still shiny hunting!

Nerdboyiam

Unlucky Hunter
Well scrufox86 if your luck is going to be like mine with horde hunting you will probably get your Gligar after 3 more Weepinbell.

Ok now for my shiny news. I wanted to get my sister a female Mudkip for her birthday and and not even 30 eggs in I did get the female and myself a new shiny mudkip first shiny starter for me so pretty exicted.
Well congrats to all on their hunts and I hope everyone gets their target shinies soon

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
My Cottonee is now a beautiful Whimsicott :D

I also snagged a shiny Psyduck while horde training. It was technically my second horde shiny but the first one, a geodude, I accidentally knocked out :l

I'm debating on my next hunt. I'm thinking MMing for a shiny Carbink or doing horde encounters for a shiny Mime Jr. or Scraggy.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well, as my luck would have it, I have no new shinies to show as of yet, but I am already around 150 hordes in on getting a shiny Klefki. Although I wouldn't mind a foongus or murkrow.

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
I just suprised myself for today, as I was about to hatch five more bergmite eggs then call it a day, but a shiny Impish female decided to hatch on the first egg. I wasn't even MM hunting for bergmite as I was just IV breeding instead now if only it gave me a shiny Eevee earlier... Oh well, I quite like Shiny Bergmite, She's got 31ivs in HP and SP.ATK but I might just use her still for a laugh! I went to check the parents and it turned out the ditto was Italian so I kinda did MM'ed it by complete accident!

Shiny Bergmite!!!.JPG

Last edited:

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Found my Vullaby in 356 eggs~

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/sVyoPL3.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/1oNMuUQ.jpg[/IMG300]

So that's community hunt complete x3! Not sure what I'm going to hunt next but it'll probably be either Zubat or Phantump, at least while February is still going.

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion

O.O

IT SHONE.

IT SHONE. Only a few hours ago after 25,570 SRs exactly. I actually still don't believe it! I was sitting there dual hunting whilst watching football, on Y and Platinum when I glanced up at the TV. I glanced back down at Y, before noticing my shiny Floatzel pop out of it's Poke Ball...but I gasped in shock when I noticed it was popping out in front of a BLUE AND SILVER GIRATINA.

I missed the sparkles, akin to Machop, but I still managed to see them anyways by chucking a ball at it and having it break out. I took the pics, then Master Balled Giratina...and after Cynthia and Cyrus argued, I saved like the madman I am. This meant I could finally do this after approximately 8 months:

Continuing on, I rushed to Sandgem Town to check the beauty out, who turned out to have a Quirky nature. I proceeded to take a sparkle pic, still ecstatic that Giratina had finally shone.

Now, this does mean that my Platinum BQ is finally COMPLETE after 1 year, 1 month and 4 days. At last. So, without further adieu, a quick reflection:

#1: Shiny Starly after 8,194 REs

This lovely starling shone on January 12th 2013 after 8,194 REs, which was over the odds already. This was around about the 5th time I went over the odds during the Badge Quest.

#2: Shiny Hoothoot after 4,926 REs / 8,952 Pokemon seen

I don't have a pic here unfortunately :(
But this shone on February 4th, not too long after Starly shone.

#3: Shiny Bronzor after 521 REs

No pics, again :/
Bronzor shone the quickest on this Badge Quest, only 521 REs.

#4: Shiny Buizel after 2,581 REs

I think I deleted all my pics barring the Giratina ones as they were taking up space.

But anyways, this little cutie shone after 2,581 REs.

#5: Shiny Roselia after 801 REs

This one was relatively quick, and it came after I was getting a bit sick of the BQ and when I was jumping around between Rotom and Route 212. I picked up the hunt again and this beauty showed up shortly afterwards.

#6: Shiny Floatzel after 10,373 REs

Floatzel was a bit of a pain in the backside, and was actually a shiny I wasn't willing to get, over Magnemite. I took it though and moved on, soon getting this:

#7: Shiny Swinub after 5,051 REs

Swinub shone after 5,051 REs, being rather easy compared to Floatzel. However, we all now know what I was to suffer next:

#8 Shiny Giratina after 25,670 SRs

Giratina shone today after a long-winded Badge Quest! It's a sight to behold! It took it's sweet time, but I don't mind anymore.

Platinum Badge Quest Complete!

I cannot thank you all enough! You have all been really inspirational for me whilst I was hunting this monster for the last 8 months or so, but it's done.
I am glad to finally have this! Thanks everyone, you've been awesome during this :)

Here's some more pics:

So, my good luck has payed off! Congratulations to all the recent shinies and a massive good luck to you all!

Quils

Strange Creature
Congrats on everyone and good luck with your hunts! c:
And whoa... major congrats to AquaRegisteel for finally getting that Giratina. Cherish that pretty monster for ever!! c:

Anyway... not many shiny news for me, but I uploaded my Cottonee's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWDFBEz1hCY

Also, I took a photo of Whimsicott in Amie:
[IMG139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/3b9a8b3a707dd1f6a9cc0ab8228b3a58/tumblr_n13wv4QbKG1si2eeko1_1280.jpg[/IMG139]

I named her Dandelia, and I'll probably EV train her in HP and Defense.

My Cottonee is now a beautiful Whimsicott :D

I also snagged a shiny Psyduck while horde training. It was technically my second horde shiny but the first one, a geodude, I accidentally knocked out :l

I'm debating on my next hunt. I'm thinking MMing for a shiny Carbink or doing horde encounters for a shiny Mime Jr. or Scraggy.

Whimsicott is a beautiful shiny, isn't it? c: