• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I finally hatched a shiny Chikorita after 2 days and almost 400 eggs! I almost gave up too. The decision for the next one was between Oshawott and Torchic but I decided Oshawott first. Let the shiny train continue!

Dangertrout

I'm working a bit on my Pearl BQ, almost at 4500 encounters. My Turtwig couldn't escape from a few Starlys here and there, so I went to heal up...
I caught Pokerus T_T
No shiny, but I got Pokerus on a pokemon I intend to release.

sdotj

I'm having the worst shiny luck in x now. No shinies in the friend safari in over a week. I've taken a break from SRing mewtwo. But with all the recent success, I've decided to do a badge quest in white version. I was just so inspired!

Congrats to all the recent shinies, especially the giratina and thundurus!

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
I'm having the worst shiny luck in x now. No shinies in the friend safari in over a week. I've taken a break from SRing mewtwo. But with all the recent success, I've decided to do a badge quest in white version. I was just so inspired!

Congrats to all the recent shinies, especially the giratina and thundurus!

Thanks for the congrats! You aren't hunting mewtwo in X though right? Because hes shiny locked.

sdotj

Thanks for the congrats! You aren't hunting mewtwo in X though right? Because hes shiny locked.
No problem, and I was hunting in HG, but thanks for the concern! Haha

Laurelai

When it rains, it pours.... however when you want it to rain water, it rains chocolate milk lol- not what you were expecting, but not complaint-worthy :D The day after I finished my CH in Dangertrout's FS, I was EVing up some pokemon that I forget now and I found
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/Mobile Uploads/IMG_20140217_220259_zpsd343af20.jpg
:D

Here it is by its little lonesome-
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/Mobile Uploads/IMG_20140217_220923_zpsb5192819.jpg

It has a wretched nature for a special attacker (impish), so I'll likely just keep it its cute little lavender self- I prefer the pre-evo shiny to the fully evolved shiny by a long shot.

Last edited:

Slushie

Requiescat en pace.
Well I have hatched 643 eggs of Goomy. I realized I messed up my calculation from my last post, so yeah I'm not at 750+ hatched Goomys. I have been hatching 2 and half boxes a day casually since Monday since I have been a little bogged w/ school work and all that, but I kinda feel like giving up and to start hatching for Treecko now. But I just do not want to give up on Goomy... Wish me luck

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats to everyone who got some shinies!

So I started hunting a shiny wurmple in X via MMing, I hatched 210 the other day and today I got another batch of 210 eggs on the 7 egg out came a shiny Wurmple! This is my first ever Masuda Method Shiny! I'm so happy :) I'm gonna hatch the other 200 to see if there is anymore and also Community Hunt Complete!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Dangertrout on Fletchling, Misjie on Togepi, AmazingChi on Tyrunt, litleo729 on Cyndaquil, Nerdboyiam on Honedge, Mark_Chaos on both Charmanders, DCFCdan on Mudkip, Strongbad456 on Chikorita, Iwanuq on Wurmple, and everyone else on your shinies!

------------

Well, it’s not a ‘real’ shiny, but I did find a shiny Ponyta on Rumble. I was playing it a little yesterday and today, hunting in Fiery Furnace because of all the nice stuff there (Shinx line, Voltorb line, Charmander line, Ponyta, etc.). Before starting Rumble up again, I was at 103 runs through Fiery Furnace, and I found the Ponyta on the 111th run. Hard to believe my last shinies on here were from May :x I know I rarely play it, but it doesn’t feel like it was that long ago :p

So now my shiny collection on Rumble is: Empoleon, Raichu, Mamoswine, Kricketune, Magnemite, Chimchar, Lickitung, Gyarados, Floatzel, and Ponyta…And not counting the password Rattata and Bidoof and my lost Nidoqueen.

And for those who don’t know, Rumble shinies are about 100x easier than Hordes or FS…Same 1/8,192 odds, but encountering ~200 pokemon every few minutes.

But hopefully I’ll get a real shiny Ponyta on the main games soon :) I’ll likely hunt for it next on Platinum…Or else I’d be waiting a long time to hunt it in HG in either Mt. Silver, or a 100% Lv. 32 Repel Trick on Route 26.

Actually, I was originally going to go for Dialga and Palkia after Giratina, but seeing as I’m (hopefully) close to SRing for Ho-Oh (two more shinies to go), I’ll probably hold off on them for now, since I don’t want to try to do 2 SR hunts at once…I’m barely able to live triple hunt with 1 SR hunt going, let alone two >.<

-----------

As for my real hunting today, I did 600 SRs and 700 REs. So Giratina is at 14,200 SRs, Growlithe is at 17,500 REs, and Rattata is now at 8,400 REs…Wahoo, all 3 hunts are each at least over the odds >_> I’m just amazing like that I guess.

I’ve been really tempted lately to start training some of my duplicate shinies on Black 2, mainly so I can have some new-ish shinies. I’ve got a Patrat to train into Watchog, 2 Magbies to train into a Magmar and a Magmortar, and a Magnemite to train into a Magenton. Not that I do competitive, but my 4th Magby actually doesn’t look too bad for a Magmortar – Timid, 12-1-12-24-27-26, so even though Magmortar is awful and creepy in a really bad way, at least he’s decent for a wild shiny.

But I’m also trying to hold off. For all I know, I’ll get another 13 duplicates, and one of them could make for an even better evolution…At the same time, if that does happen, I could always just train the new one as well, even if I don’t really care about these pokemon as much :|

Oh well, it’s late and I’m rambling. Good luck, everyone!

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Hi everyone! It's been awhile, but I've got great news! I just caught my 6th badge quest shiny!!! I decided to go for a nice, sleek Tentacool, and today I found one! I wasn't keeping track, but it was somewhere around 2,500 encounters. It's female and has a Calm nature! I kind of wanted a male, although I'm still just happy that I found her!

[IMG139]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/squashin8er/TentacoolIn-battle_zps9b1c6812.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/squashin8er/TentacoolSummary_zps1722be8d.jpg[/IMG139]

The funniest part is that she's level 8, which is almost the lowest level you can even find a Tentacool.... It's gonna take me awhile to train her up to the rest of my team XD I also have my final two hunts planned out -- I will be hunting for Zapdos first, and then Articuno to finish off my BQ! My team will be overflowing with bird Pokemon! Haha. Wish me luck!

Oh, and I've also made the decision to only hunt for 1/8192 shinies (except for mm, because hatching full odds eggs would be a nightmare). It's just a personal decision I've made, because I think full odds shinies are a lot more rewarding for myself personally. I'm not saying that higher odds shinies are any less meaningful; I just really love finding those difficult shinies after working so hard for them.

Congrats to you all on your shiny finds! Your successes help to motivate me so much! Good luck on all your hunts as well. I hope you find that elusive shiny soon, Cpchris! :)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Round 2 for weedle has ended shiny-less. I am not surprised. Solrock used up my early-shiny luck so this is probably gonna take a while lol

In Y, I've taken a break from horde hunting to hatch some tyrunts. I'm up to 300 eggs hatched and no blue ones so far. The Japanese ditto I'm breeding with is only 2IVs (attack and speed) so the shiny probably won't have the best stats. But meh. I'm breeding for color.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
So yesterday I finished diamond, now standing infront of Dialga. So now Diamond and Platinum are ready to softreset. Currently going to pearl.

I finished Platinum in 8 hours.
I finished Diamond in 6 hours.
Let's see how fast I can finish pearl :p

Can't wait to start softresetting.

JohnNiles

The shiny charm has been kind to me- after breaking my drought, I also hatched both a shiny Noibat (descended from one of trainer Yuna's Noibats) and Bulbasaur 2 days ago. Lately I've been working on Carbinks, hoping to get one before Diancie is released, but it's hard to get motivated when you're breeding genderless pokemon and have to use Ditto. Since I've been successful as of late, I'm now contemplating resuming a secondary goal that I couldn't quite manage in Gen V - reproducing Red's team in shiny form. I almost succeeded, but couldn't get up the motivation to hatch Pikachus. If I lose motivation, I may give Blue's team a try instead.

Unfortunately, widening my hunting net means checking the GTS (which is even more of a hellhole than expected) regularly and being online in general. In the 2 months that I wasted, the team that I use has fallen behind and I now get thrashed regularly by the battlespot fights I use to check my egg count, not to mention randoms challenging me to singles (which I DESPISE). I have updated my in-game profile to ward off attempts to disturb me.

eiger

Shiny Hunter
2 weeks ago I had a shiny charmander during IV breeding.
Yesterday (after 200 eggs) I bred a shiny Chimchar while breeding for a 6IV one. He has iron fist, jolly , egg moves focus/thunder/fire punch & fake out.
Unfortunately only 4 perfect IVs. In the same box I found my 6IV one, called it Bajrang Bali (some hindou demigod monkey, also called Hanuman, with his tail on fire :D)

Good day :D.

Congrats to all of those who found their shinies, and good luck to the ones still hunting!

Shao-May

Trainer in training
Yesterday I was continuing my quest for a shiny Froakie. While I was watching a walktrhough of Parappa the Rpapper and hunting for a good IV Ditto, I fell on a very pink Aipom. Nearly ran away from it XD. Since it female I cound't name her Parappa. Now I'm at 200 egg for Fraokie. I wish it doesn't take me as long as my Skiddo (2000 eggs).

CallMyName

hi all ^^ after 2 days of hatching around 200-300 egg it got 4 iv in def/spatk/spdef/speed shiny carbink ^^ hope gamefreak gonna let it evolve to diance otherwise iam scr*w ^^here the pic :D View attachment 11964

II DaViNCi II

Congrats to everyone on their shinies i got my second shiny in pokemon y today i was breeding my Klinklang to get klink i wasn't looking for shiny i just wanted him to complete my dex on my first egg i got him its awesome .

Dangertrout

Well, nothing decided to shine for me last night.
I was hoping getting pkrs was a sign that I was going to get my shiny last night.
Especially since it's harder to find pkrs in the wild than it is to find a shiny >.< (~1 in 21,845 vs ~1 in 8,192)

Today I'll probably dual hunt again if I have any time.
It's my birthday + I work all day (assuming I feel better in the next hour or so. I've been sick for almost 8 weeks now : / ), so finding time to play will be difficult.
It would be nice to have a shiny with today as it's date found though.
I don't think I have any birthday shinies yet.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Well, nothing decided to shine for me last night.
I was hoping getting pkrs was a sign that I was going to get my shiny last night.
Especially since it's harder to find pkrs in the wild than it is to find a shiny >.< (~1 in 21,845 vs ~1 in 8,192)

Today I'll probably dual hunt again if I have any time.
It's my birthday + I work all day (assuming I feel better in the next hour or so. I've been sick for almost 8 weeks now : / ), so finding time to play will be difficult.
It would be nice to have a shiny with today as it's date found though.
I don't think I have any birthday shinies yet.
Happy Birthday! Hope you feel better and get your BQ started off with a shiny!

searing light dragon

Dragon Trainer
Well started my SoulSilver Badge Quest off right this morning with a shiny Chikorita after only 262 SR. I was hoping for Cyndaquil but I can breed that on Y. I know I'll SR for Lugia and Ho-Oh and Eevee. Here's to a good BQ!