• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Sonne

3548 REs and no shiny Petilil yet :(
I'll try to use my Y method of search while I read manga. I'll read Ao no Exorcist since the Petilil is going to be named Shiemi ^^
After her I'll try SR for a shiny Kyurem, but I'm worried of failing to catch it...
Good luck to everyone!

PKMaster2

Catching them all.
Well, nothing decided to shine for me last night.
I was hoping getting pkrs was a sign that I was going to get my shiny last night.
Especially since it's harder to find pkrs in the wild than it is to find a shiny >.< (~1 in 21,845 vs ~1 in 8,192)

Today I'll probably dual hunt again if I have any time.
It's my birthday + I work all day (assuming I feel better in the next hour or so. I've been sick for almost 8 weeks now : / ), so finding time to play will be difficult.
It would be nice to have a shiny with today as it's date found though.
I don't think I have any birthday shinies yet.
Happy Birthday!
Hey, I know this isnt the right thread, but would you like a Shiny Greninja for your B-Day? I have like... 3, so I'm fine with it. PM me if you want one, or you already have one ;)
Anyways... On to finishing the pokedex. I obtained 70 more pokemon from 2 days ago, so i should be at 270. I know, i suck. But hopefully in a week, i can get it finished!

Scrufox86

Oh wow.... I have just now gotten my 2nd shiny Staryu on chain 99! I was hoping not to get another Clauncher as I have more than too many of them lol. And now I have two I can keep one as Staryu and evolve the other. I may try and find two duplicate shiny Horsea (for Seadra and Kindra) and a duplicate Chinchou for Lanturn. Also I may try to go for Dratini or Dragonair but am unsure due to the rarity. I have tried pokeradar a few times since Gothorita but failed each time. I don't know why it is, it may be not concentrating 100% but I also think because my targets are not common appearance rate that it may have an affect on chains being broken by supposedly safe 4-away patches. I think I will leave pokeradar again for a while.

Ok for now though I still have many boxes to hatch for Froakie and so I will go back to those for a while and see if I get any shinies in there. I hope I get a shiny one with Protean if there is one in there lurking.

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck shiny hunters!

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
Oh My God, I hatched a shiny Oshawott on the 79th egg. Fastest I've ever hatched a shiny. The shiny charm rocks! Also I really should start posting pictures.

killercloud

Finally! 1140 eggs and shiny Gastly hatched! So happy.

Sealotic

First official MM is finally completed after... +/- 600 eggs ! Shiny Feebas ! :D
Thanks to Supremacy for the foreign Helioptile, [31/xx/31/31/31/31] IV spread which is perfect ! Thank you so much ! :p
I'm so happy right now, I was scared it would be a male and it's a female Swift Swim... soooo, yeah !

Here's a picture!
(Yeah I was finishing a drawing while MMing xD)
mmek.jpg
Now, I'm hatching the remaining eggs. I will finish my little list of Shiny Hunt: Larvesta, Trapinch and Staryu. Afteeeer, I will evolve my Shinies I pokebanked in X and after... *looking at my list*... I will maybe restart one of my game to SR something, but I don't know what yet !

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Some of you know that I played trough my Diamond, Pearl & Platinum till Dialga, Palkia & Giratina for a triple SR hunt..
I got inspired by AquaRegisteel because of his incredible hunt of over 25k+ of softresets for his Giratina.

I feel bad for getting it so early.. D:

The calculator was on 741 SRs, and the DS it shone on was the 2nd one, so 740 SRs, calculated to roughly 246 srs for it. Check the spoiler, slowpoke!

This is also my first full 8,192 shiny, well if you don't count johto starters which are actually easier to get because you see three of them in one SR.
http://oi57.*******.com/e1eqlv.jpg

http://oi60.*******.com/2uz408i.jpg

IVs: 22/7/31/3/11/21

Giratina is mine! :D

Last edited:

MDS777

The name's Riley
Today I finally feel near 100% and I actually feel like I want to hunt today. I'm actually thinking of maybe doing my first ever badge quest. I want to do it in the older games so I'm thinking of maybe doing it in Leaf Green. I still have my Leaf Green version in my GBA case, I'm pretty sure. Wish me luck!

Congrats to everyone on their shinies and good luck to everyone!

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I was EV training a froakie for my competive team and this little green and with bird and as a killjoy it's got a terrible Sp.atk IV well as my first horde shiny ever, beggers can't be chosers even if I would of prefered a mareep...

Shiny Wingull....JPG

Why SP.ATK IV so low! It's even got a mild nature... Sigh... Not complaining.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I have no idea if this has been posted yet, but it looks like XY are extremely similar to BW as far as legendaries are concerned. I'm not sure where the images originate, but without further adieu:

They are in fact fully coded for, and they have been hacked into the games (at least they appear to be saying as we did have all these fake shiny images before the release of XY)

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I have no idea if this has been posted yet, but it looks like XY are extremely similar to BW as far as legendaries are concerned. I'm not sure where the images originate, but without further adieu:

They are in fact fully coded for, and they have been hacked into the games (at least they appear to be saying as we did have all these fake shiny images before the release of XY)

They are incredible. I'd be soft resetting for Xerneas and Zygarde if I could!

Dangertrout

ty for the bday wishes ^_^
This morning I was continuing my MM hunt (in X) on the bus, and had a small panic attack
The screen went dark when I entered the pokemon center to deposit some noibats and my toon wasnt moving!
Then bunny faces and confetti littered the screen!
I completely forgot the game would do something for my bday >.<
Too bad I didnt have the sound on, I'm sure it was very exciting music with all those bunnies :p

Anyways, looks like I have an hour to hunt some shinies before people come home, wish me luck!

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Congratulations to all the new shiny Pokémon since I last posted! :)

I took a little brake from Shiny hunting in order to get the Shiny Charm, which after Arceus knows how many hours I finally got it! (It’s the first time I have ever completed a Pokédex, so I am quite chuffed with that!) So it’s back to the hunt!

I have decided to go after a female Snorunt again, as I really want a Froslass to join my team. Hunting at the Friend Safari at the moment, as Cute Charm gives me that little extra chance for a female, although I am unsure whether to try the MM method soon…

Well, nothing decided to shine for me last night.
I was hoping getting pkrs was a sign that I was going to get my shiny last night.
Especially since it's harder to find pkrs in the wild than it is to find a shiny >.< (~1 in 21,845 vs ~1 in 8,192)

Today I'll probably dual hunt again if I have any time.
It's my birthday + I work all day (assuming I feel better in the next hour or so. I've been sick for almost 8 weeks now : / ), so finding time to play will be difficult.
It would be nice to have a shiny with today as it's date found though.
I don't think I have any birthday shinies yet.

Happy Birthday! :)

Navarch

Oh Lorde these are great. Xerneas is stunning!

In other news, I fully evolved my Shiny Mareep! My Modest, EV Trained, Shiny, Mega Ampharos is fabulous!

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

No shiny news from me. I haven't been able to decide on my next MM target. I want to go for something easy to get, something I don't mind having in either gender and preferably something that has a bad HA so I don't get mad when a shiny hatches without it. I need to make up my mind fast as I only have 13 days left on my PokeBank trial. I should probably just breed a bunch of japanese parents on my Y and transfer them over so I have several options about what to go for. That'd probably be the smart move if I can't make up my mind.

I really wish legendary Pokemon could be bred. I'd love to have a shiny Victini or Lugia but I don't have the patience to soft-reset. Victini can't be shiny anyway which is disappointing as I really like its shiny form.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Not sure what I think of their shiny colours. I'm not a fan personally but it would still be nice if they were available legitimately for those who want to hunt them. Same with the BW legendaries that were shiny-locked. I really don't see the point in a shiny-lock in the first place. It's not like shinies are better than normal coloured Pokemon anymore.

Scrufox86

Oh my.... Finally!!! Egg number 135 of this batch of 15 boxes I have hatched my shiny Froakie!!! But it is too good to be true because it got Torrent and perfect IV in Attack instead of Special Attack. But I still have another 8 boxes to hatch (I hatched a few more before this post) and hopefully I have another shiny Froakie in there somewhere with Protean ability. I think I will go for Fennekin after and also I may do a dual MM hunt with Oshawott on B2 or W2. Only two starters left to have at least one of each starter in shiny form.

Congrats to all new shineis since my last post and good luck to all shiny hunters!

Ska Draco

Why is this not stickied on the General Pokemon Discussion board anymore? How are you now supposed to find this thread??

Quils

Strange Creature
Congrats on your recent shinies and good luck for those still hunting!
Also, Happy Birthday Dangertrout! c:

No shiny news for me, but Day 3 of my Latias hunt went well. I did more than 800 SRs today and that brings me to about 2500 SRs in total.
I have a question for all of you who are currently SRing for something. On average, how many SRs do you do in a day? How often do you take breaks? I'm just curious.
I'm dual hunting on various sessions of about 1-2 hours, with many breaks between them. I do about 800 SRs in a day c: