• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone on your new shinies! <:

I've been hunting since this morning (with the exception of taking a break to do my english homework), its 4PM now and I just found the shiny Phantump I was looking for!

Pics:
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g395/suskekun222/photo2.jpg
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g395/suskekun222/photo1.jpg
So, CH complete!

Anyways, Lugia SR is at 6729, I'm hoping to reach 7000 today.

edit: Ah man, the pictures are upside down... Gotta fix that...
edit2: Hm, the pictures are right side up in my album, don't know why they become flipped when I link it.. x_x

~

Edit 3:
Oh man oh man oh man, FINALLY my shiny Furfrou hatches! On the 1556th egg!
He's Impish and has egg move Work Up.
IV spread is 31/31/31/0/31/31, I'm not even bothered by the 0, I finally finished this hunt.
Next MM... Maybe Spritzee.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g395/suskekun222/mhmm.jpg

Last edited:

ashcrimson777

Newb Shiny Hunter
720 eggs of Chansey hatched to no avail. On to 810 by the end of today (2/23/13). busting 3 boxes of eggs daily, no shiny or oval charm used, and the long egg cycle is annoying, but it will make the Shiny Chansey that much more gratifying when it hatches :D

lucarioisawesome

Who did this to me!
today, no luck on mm or fs but i did get a shiny terrakion and sylveon in a trade so yeah im happy
edit: i got shiny lucario and tyrunt a little back so CH FINISH x3??

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Finally! After 3,383 hordes/16,915 pokemon, two shiny starly, one stunky, and a nidoran female, SHINY NIDORAN MALE!!!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6175_zps62bcda2c.jpg[/IMG139]

Also proof that just because the shiny rates are better in X and Y, does not mean shinies won't still be a pain in the butt to find.

Community hunt complete x10!!

Last edited:

Dangertrout

Community hunt complete x10!!

x10! and people are worried about being able to complete a 3 part hunt? : /

Almost at 50 hours on Pearl, which bring me close to 6000 encounters I think.
I've decided at 90 hours I'll reset this game if it hasn't yielded a shiny and take another stab at resetting the starter.
I'm also SRing a starter on SS again. No idea how many SRs I've done, but I put a couple hours into it yesterday.

Last edited:

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
My Shiny luck seems to be so much better in X and Y. A couple of weeks ago, I found a Shiny Poliwhirl from fishing in Victory Road. 2 days ago, I got WT'd a Shiny Nidoran Male, originally from HGSS I believe. And whilst breeding for HA Female Eevee's, I just hatched a Shiny HA Male Eevee :D Suppose things are looking up now.

P.S. Does this Eevee count towards the Community Hunt? :p

killercloud

What a weekend for shinies! I got my Gastly during the week last week, then I hatched a shiny Chansey (third shiney Chansey since january 1st) yesterday while getting them for trading. Today I continued my hunt for shiny Machop and after 111 eggs it shined with awesome IVs and the correct ability and an egg move I wanted. Then while EV training it I ran into a shiny Cubchoo! Awesome weekend!

Good luck everyone.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
x10! and people are worried about being able to complete a 3 part hunt? : /

Hordes + lots of time = shinies everywhere. A bit belated but happy birthday, as well :p

Anyways, I'm at 800 SRs for Azelf now. It's a little buggy knowing that I haven't got it shiny yet, mainly because I start school tomorrow, once again...and it's going to sap time from my Azelf hunt >.<

I'll try to hit 1,000 SRs tonight, regardless.

Congratulations to anyone on the recent shinies and good luck to the rest of you!

Well a good friend and me decided to hunt in eachother's friend safari. She has a dragon one with fraxure, noibat and druddigon. After a short while I encountered a shiny Fraxure. Tbh, I would've preferred a shiny noibat or druddigon because I already have a shiny Haxorus from White 2, but I'm still happy I found a shiny in the first place.

Anyways, congrats to everyone else who got a shiny as well and good luck t everyone who's hunting.

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Well done to everyone on their new additions.

I asked my girlfriend to pick a Pokémon and I'd hunt a shiny for it, she chose Piplup (which I was kinda anticipating, knowing her...) and so the MMing began in earnest last night. Just finished hatching the first batch of 100 eggs and I was preparing myself to go collect another 100 when bam, #97 hatches that cyan-y blue. Hans (per her request) didn't buck the gender odds unlike Sue the Tyrunt but it doesn't matter, we're happy. Stats are 31/31/x/31/31/31. Don't know what the Defence is but I won't be evolving him anyway so it's not important. There's a few correct spreads in those 100 eggs when I decide to raise an Empoleon competitively anyway :p

Now I'll return my attention to Kalos Pokedex Pokemon. Could do with a more perfect Nidoking...

Last edited:

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
I was so excited last night when i hatched shiny froakie in under 200 eggs, unfortunately it was female, torrent, and only had 1 31iv(attack) so, moving on to my next hunt(shiny fighting team) and will come back to froakie at a later date, still so disappointed.....

JohnNiles

I hatched a shiny Charmander last night, so I'm halfway to reproducing Red's team. Snorlax's huge egg cycle is not going to be fun, and the Pikachu is going to be a pain to setup/use, so I guess I'll do Lapras next. I waffled a bit on what kind of Lapras to breed, but I think I'm going to go with a nice safe default type.

General_Ridley

Palace Maven Spenser
Do we have a hunt theme set up for next month? March means St. Patrick's Day, so a snake hunt would be appropriate. Ekans-Arbok, Onix-Steelix, Dunsparce, Seviper, Snivy-Servine-Serperior?

PKMaster2

Catching them all.
Do we have a hunt theme set up for next month? March means St. Patrick's Day, so a snake hunt would be appropriate. Ekans-Arbok, Onix-Steelix, Dunsparce, Seviper, Snivy-Servine-Serperior?

Dont see what snakes have to do with Patricks day. i see a more plant themed hunt, to resemble hunting for 4 leaf clovers?
Still no luck with Giarintana :(

Blaninja69

You should totally do the serperior line. It looks awesome shiny and it is green for good ol st.pattys which is also one of my faves since I'm Irish :)
Wish me luck guys I'm working on a furfrou and I just hit 600 eggs. I'm doing MM and all I can think is before I do another hunt I need to fill up my dex so I can get the oval and shiny charm! :/

Blaninja69

Snakes are very st.pattys. I forget the symbolism of them but he's right on about snakes or serpent types

yestolgia

No new shinies, but since I'm kind of stuck and can't seem to finish my dex right now, I decided to do some shiny horde hunting. :3 I've got my Haxorus with False Swipe, Combee with Sweet Scent and Honey Gather, and my two HM Slaves, my Pidgeot and Blastoise. I'm starting at Route 5 and I'm just going to try and find as many shinies as I can. Wish me luck, this is the first time I've actively hunted for shinies!

Chrissy01

Shiny Collector
I am currently looking for a Shiny Rufflet, would anyone one here be willing to trade it for a Shiny Dedenne that I have just found in the Friend Safari?

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
St. Patrick is famous for banishing snakes from Ireland.

If you believe "legends" lol.

A CH based around locating "Green" shinies, would be more apt and fit in with today's societal norms of what St. Patrick's Day represents, which is a lot of wearing green garments and getting sloshed... the latter being rather difficult to represent within a Pokemon game of course :D

Last edited: