• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

PKMaster2

Catching them all.
So, I have an idea about a green-shiny CH hunt. Since i'm relatively new, I dont know how this exactly works.
Here I go:
Zubat-Golbat-Crobat
Machop-Machoke-"The Champ" Machamp
Espeon
Tailow-Swellow
Dialga
Cant find my Soft Reset 3DS, so im a bit angry

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
Can someone teach me the way they hatch for MM hunts? i grab parties and hatch them on the spot, partially b/c they have 4-6 IV parents.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
My shiny Torchic hunt has been taking so long. I think I've hatched around 500 eggs and have got nothing. I'm not used to hatching this many eggs. The others were nothing compared to this.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

I'm now up to 120 eggs for my shiny Zangoose hunt. Nothing yet. Hopefully when I get it it has its HA with max attack and speed. Knowing my luck tho I'll probably have to go for a second one before that happens.

Once I get the shiny Zangoose I want I think I'll try and get another shiny Treecko since my first one had a horrible speed IV.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Blaninja69

Can someone help me real quick? I need advice... I'm 600+ eggs deep trying to get furfrou and its taking up so much time, I'm also trying to get a specific nature with this and hopefully good ivs. Do you think I should just try to chain for it and have a synchronize ralts at the front of my party to try to get what I want? I'm trying to be patient but I'm really needing a pay off :/

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Can someone help me real quick? I need advice... I'm 600+ eggs deep trying to get furfrou and its taking up so much time, I'm also trying to get a specific nature with this and hopefully good ivs. Do you think I should just try to chain for it and have a synchronize ralts at the front of my party to try to get what I want? I'm trying to be patient but I'm really needing a pay off :/

If you want good IVs, do NOT chain for it. The only way to get guaranteed good IVs with the nature you want is to IV breed with the Everstone. I am speaking from experience - Furfrou is the first Pokemon I ever chained (ever! :p). Not only is chaining on Route 5 near-impossible (because the only place to chain is in the purple grass where Furfrou is rare), but my syncher failed and my Furfrou ended up with a bad nature. MMing might take longer, but the payout is worth it.

Blasto

I'm really confused, and wondering if anyone can help me. I started Chain Fishing today and was successful with a Horsea and a Corphish so far. I was trying in Route 8 for a Skrelp or Shellder, and it was going really well until I got a "Nothing seems to be biting" message and then it happened again right after. I have a Cradily in the front of my party with Suction Cups so I am very very confused as to why that happened, and pretty disappointed. Any ideas?

EDIT: It's now about a half hour later and I was going this whole time AGAIN and it happened again, I'm starting to get frustrated. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

Blaninja69

If you want good IVs, do NOT chain for it. The only way to get guaranteed good IVs with the nature you want is to IV breed with the Everstone. I am speaking from experience - Furfrou is the first Pokemon I ever chained (ever! :p). Not only is chaining on Route 5 near-impossible (because the only place to chain is in the purple grass where Furfrou is rare), but my syncher failed and my Furfrou ended up with a bad nature. MMing might take longer, but the payout is worth it.

Okay cool thanks for the advice. If you have the shiny charm could you tell me how much more luck you have had with it? Or is still kind of whenever the game feels like spitting out a shiny?

Dangertrout

Okay cool thanks for the advice. If you have the shiny charm could you tell me how much more luck you have had with it? Or is still kind of whenever the game feels like spitting out a shiny?

MMing is your best bet if you want specific nature / IVs on your shiny. The shiny charm has helped my hunts in general, but I still get some long hunts.

@Blasto, try finding a patch of water that is boxed in on three sides by shore or rocks. it "traps" the fish more easily when you place yourself as the fourth wall

Quils

Strange Creature
Oh god... I can't believe I'm already at about 5500 SRs for my Latias hunt. Still no shiny, but I still have a lot of motivation.
I managed to do more than 1000 SRs today, that makes me feel even more motivated c:
I can't wait to see that beautiful golden dragon appearing in my screen ;A;
As my first SR hunt ever, this is very exciting. I have even had some dreams where I get the shiny...
It would be nice to get her before February ends 8D

Anyway, good luck for everyone and congrats on your recent shinies!

Blackhole

I hatched this guy a couple of nights ago and I still can see right from excitement XD
Luckily got the HA, ready tot urn him into an unburden Hitmonlee for my team :)
I stocked up on 7 boxes of eggs and got him on my 213th egg very luckily. 923465_669325659793591_180945287_n.jpg

Blasto

Well despite my issues earlier I was able to find five shinies today thanks to fishing. Horsea, Corphish, Remoraid, Barboach and Poliwag! Thank goodness for the Shiny Charm.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
So I rarely think about getting the shiny that SR when I am shiny hunting. And I thought wow someone on youtube had 20,000 abras before he got his shiny I hope this hunt doesn't take that long. (Because I was up to aorund 6,000 abras seen) And the next SR. HE SHONE! First male shiny of the Badgequest.
Im naming him Terry P after the movie this is the end. Me and Grayfire were hunting the day before. Pics coming soon. SHINY ABRA!. BADGE 3# aquired.

Nature Hardy
Ivs. 1/10/6/20/13/23

EDIT
Mouwahahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa
shiny zubat in pearl

lol we got ours at the same time for both our BQs XD congrats

Last edited:

Dangertrout

Mouwahahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa
shiny zubat in pearl!!

edit - So somewhere around 6000 encounters, almost 50 hours into the game, I finally got my first Pearl BQ shiny.
My fancy new Zubat, who remains to be named, is female, timid and has inner focus.
I was going to switch areas, as I was getting tired of all the zubats, and thought to myself I should grab a catching pokemon...
my turtwig was a little higher level than I was comfortable with and I was worried he'd crit whatever I came across.
Luckily, Turtwig didn't crit and several pokeballs later I caught my shiny ^_^
I miss quick balls and catching pokemon, that battle was so stressful : /
Anyways, time to progress the story!

Last edited:

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
Hey everyone!

It has been a long time since I last posted here. How is everyone doing? I got really caught up in school and I kind of lost my motivation for hunting for a while, but I recently got it back! So hopefully I will be posting here more often. I'm starting off again by hunting on my Soul Silver badge quest right now, and I will add on my Leaf Green badge quest hunt when I've regained the patience level required for hunting (and once I find my Leaf Green game O_O) My Treecko hunt has left me extremely frustrated with the amount of time put in and only 4 uncatchable Poochyena's to show for it, so I may save that hunt for when I've regained some tolerance for that as well. I will finish that hunt sometime soon however!

Good luck on all your hunts guys! It feels good to be back.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Congratulations to everyone on their shinies! I'm sorry for the blanket congrats but it's really late here and I'm getting a little tired, but I read all of your posts and all of your shinies are beautiful :)

I just wanted to make a quick post showing off my newest hatchling, Cranidos! He was actually an accidental shiny; I was working on an order for my shop (which is how approximately 99% of my shinies come about) and I was trying to hatch a female HA Cranidos. I've probably hatched about 40 eggs and all of the females have had Mold Breaker, and while I still haven't gotten my female HA Cranidos, I did get a beautiful red shiny male Calm Sheer Force Cranidos! He only has one IV, Defense, despite my Japanese Ditto being flawless and holding the Destiny Knot. I'm glad that he got an Attack-boosting nature, even if it wasn't Adamant. So without further ado, here he is, and I can say Community Hunt Complete!

[IMG300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2289_zps14b1e480.jpg[/IMG300]

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Tina on Furfrou, the ash man83 on Eevee, killercloud on Chansey and Machop, AmazingChi on Piplup, tonyg44x on Froakie, JohnNiles on Charmander, professorj15 on Eevee, Blackhole on Tyrogue, Gligari on Abra, Dangertrout on Zubat, varanus_komodoensis on Cranidos, and everyone else on your shinies!

------------

OMG. Shortly after 10 pm, my drought is sort of over! And with a rather unexpected shiny! Shiny Oddish after 10,252 REs! (Also, 3rd time this month, Community Hunt Complete!)

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/gZTkqv8.jpg[/IMG200]

This appeared on the 352nd RE of the day. I honestly never really ‘expect’ (as far as ‘expecting’ shinies goes) a shiny in Ilex Forest if I’ve already been hunting somewhere else for part of the day, so this was a big surprise for me. I’d caught up on the thread, watched the shiny videos in my sub list, and had just started watching American Dad and was 15 minutes into the episode when I look down and see a green Oddish landing on my screen!

I don’t know why, but it seems so much more different in game. I’ve seen the sprite plenty of times on the computer, but it just doesn’t compare.

And better yet, it’s female! I was really REALLY hoping for a female Oddish. Bellossom is such a nice shiny, but I’d certainly rather have it as a female, like most people would. Had I found a male, I’d have left it as an Oddish (I’d also like an Oddish to keep as an Oddish, so if I ever find a second one, the gender no longer matters). I especially wanted the first one to be female since it’s now for my BQ, which means Bellossom will be on my BQ! Like I said, if I’d found a male, it’d stay an Oddish, and if I found another after that, even female, I wouldn’t count it for my BQ, being a duplicate (ie. No Bellossom on my BQ).

She’s also got a Brave nature (just like Poliwag…and Pidgey…) and is Somewhat of a clown. Anyways, I’m just so happy this shone. Nighttime hunts seem difficult to me since there’s not much time to make use of them, so I’m glad I knocked this target off the list – and better yet, made more progress on my BQ! Once again, my HG and Platinum BQs are at the same spot.

Good luck, everyone!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Well hey there everyone! I haven't posted in about a week but it seems like I've entered a mini drought.. I've been going at Fennekin almost non-stop and it just won't shine. Also no luck on Litleo or the Safari Zone either. Hopefully I get something soon, especially that Fennekin!

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone! Btw, I still like the 3-part idea for March's CH.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I successfully MM'ed a shiny Ralts last night! :D

Sadly, she's not competitively viable (poor thing got saddled with an Adamant nature).

I'm hoping to MM a male Ralts soon! I want a shiny Gallade so bad! >u<

Dangertrout

Congrats to Gligari and Cpchris on their BQ shinies.
Looks like yesterday was a good day for Gen 4. :p
I actually also got a shiny Swirlix yesterday in a FS, but forgot about it because of the Zubat >.<

So now I've gotten to Valley Windworks, where I've stopped to hunt in the grass a bit before going after team whatever.
In X I'm hatching Noibats while REing in an electric safari for Stunfisk and Pachirisu.
I'm also SRing starters in SS for another BQ.

For the CH next month I think we're going to go with snakes / green / birds for the categories. I wanted to use them all, it took forever to pick T_T
There will be 20 families in total, now I just have to pick which ones we'll be hunting.

edit - Alright, I've picked the applicable families for next month. If anyone has an issue with one of them, now is the time to say so.

Snake

Ekans / Arbok
Onix / Steelix
Seviper
Snivy / Servine / Serperior

Green
Cubone / Marowak
Mankey / Primeape
Stantler
Spinda
Turtwig / Grotle / Torterra
Mime Jr / Mr Mime