• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TheGreaterLucario

YES! I finally found a Shiny Growlithe in the Friend Safari! It's got Flash Fire, has above average potential, and has 31 IVs in Attack and Sp. Defense....... aaaand 0 IVs in Defense.

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
While looking in a Friend Safari, I got a shiny Cloyster...it is really sad, because I couldn't not snap any pictures of him. ;-;

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Congratulations on all the new shiny Pokemon! :)

So, after getting nowhere in my hunt for Golett, I decided to try something a little different and hunt for a Ralts. That has become my longest egg hunt yet, current at around 200 eggs. So, yet again, I decided to take a brake and this time try hunting a shiny Riolu... which I got after around 50 eggs! (http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y432/I_Pink_Elephant/WP_20140224_001_zps25b99a03.jpg)

Goofy (Which is what I have nicknamed my shiny Lucario) looks great and is a personal favorite. However, and this is probably the wrong place to bring this up, I have just noticed that he seems to have 4 IV in Attack... dose that mean he is unplayable as an 'Attack' based Pokemon? I was planing on using him for casual wi-fi battles...

Anyway, I am after a shiny Magnezone. I know I should be concentrating on my Ghost team, but I watched Giratina and the Sky Warrior the other day, and I just really liked the Magnezone in that, so I thought I would hunt for a shiny! I am lucky in that my Japanese Ditto has a full IV in S.At and I had enough BP to buy that item which lets you transfer such IV's...

CallMyName

Gratz on all new shinies ^^ Today i got a shiny furfrou in radar max 2 ivs in def and speed but it rash nature sync didnt work :X what are the odd of sync to work?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Look what I just hatched :D

After 1,503 eggs, shiny weedle!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6180_zps83222262.jpg[/IMG139]

Still have a dozen boxes of eggs to hatch, then I'm gonna put my arcanine into the daycare and see how long it takes to hatch a shiny growlithe. Probably will not be in time for the ch, but meh!

Community hunt complete x11!!

In Y I'm up to 330 eggs for amaura now, hoping to see that white dinosaur soon.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

I'm now up to 130 eggs in my Zangoose hunt. Didn't hatch many yesterday as my new game arrived. Hoping to hatch more eggs later in the week.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Gratz on all new shinies ^^ Today i got a shiny furfrou in radar max 2 ivs in def and speed but it rash nature sync didnt work :X what are the odd of sync to work?

Synchronise has a 50% chance to work.

maldoror

Well, I just had my first lost gen VI shiny. While hunting Haunter in victory road, I ran across a horde of Geodude. The one on the far left was a shiny gold. You can probably guess what happened. Unfortunately, it was the only one in the horde without sturdy.

Last edited:

KingTuT

Boy have I been on a hunt for shinys man. I traded over my shiny Mamoswine and shiny Gyrados using pokebank and began searching the friend safari for a shiny Phantump. Well, after three Lampents in a row, I decided to keep one and evolve it into a Chandelure and trade off two of them for a lvl 100 shiny Gliscor and a shiny Gastly! The Gastly has terrible special attack however so it's gonna be using to set up status moves, hypnosis and curse. Maybe I'll throw in a toxic in there as well. Since I couldn't find a Phantump, I moved my search to other parts of the safari where I got a shiny Ambipom and a shiny Garchomp! Shiny Mega Garchomp looks sweeeeeeet let me tell ya, I really wish the normal shiny sprite was all pink as well.

After about two months of shiny searching, FINALLY found my shiny Phantump!!! I'm now ready to play through Y again with this bad boy. Out of excitement, I decided to give chain fishing a go and found a shiny Goldeen after 25 reels! It was an awesome surprise. I'm gonna set my sites out on a new all pink shiny Sharpedo next >:]

Congrats to everyone else on their shinys!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Kurloz Makara on Ralts, Nerdboyiam on Amaura, AmazingChi on Nidoran, Draknir on Beartic, ChloboShoka on Flabebe, professorj15 on Eevee, Vaksa on Honedge, Keovix on Latios, varanus_komodoensis on Cranidos, I, Pink Elephant on Riolu, Cyberra on Weedle, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Dangertrout, The Prince of May, and varanus_komodoensis :)

------------

So now having found an Oddish, which puts me at my 7th BQ shiny on my HG, I’m only one more shiny away from facing Ho-Oh. I have my sleeper, but I still NEED that Rattata for Endeavor, but it drops to 15% at night. And if I find anything else, then that’d take me up to Ho-Oh without being prepared…I suppose I could just stall my BQ if that were to happen, not face Ho-Oh until I get Rattata, then catch up on the extra gym or two I’d be behind, but I’d rather not.

So I think I’ll take the opportunity to go back to hunting another Poliwag. I can only find Poliwag/Poliwhirl there, so if I do happen to find a shiny, it’ll be a duplicate and it won’t count towards my BQ. And I had been considering going back to hunting another one someday, so I guess now’s a good chance to do that. But hopefully Rattata shines instead, and soon!

-------------

My NDS Adaptor Plus finally came today!
It took over a week to get here, usually things only take like 2-3 days even with free shipping, but this was also the USPS, so that may have affected things a bit…Anyways, I get home from work and see the package sitting on the table and am instantly feeling mixed emotions of joy and dread…Joy for backing up my saves…Dread for possibly risking my shinies…

Went up to my room, took it out, was a bit nervous for a few minutes when the package instructions mentioned a CD with software on it that wasn’t anywhere in my package, but it turns out that the software is outdated and everything’s just downloaded online.

So after 30 minutes or so of trying to get it to work and going through a guide of how to set it up, the moment of truth came for me to put a game in and try it out…Obviously I put in my White Version, which I care the least about and it has no shinies on it. Ripped/Downloaded the file from the game. Did it again as a separate file just to feel safe.

Then the REAL moment of truth came (the first one was sort of a penultimate moment of truth)…I put the cartridge back in my game, and deleted the save file. GASP. Put it back in the adaptor, then back in the laptop, downloaded the file onto the cartridge, took everything out and opened the game on my 3DS…

And there was my save file! While I never really saw bad reviews for this item, I was still very nervous something would go wrong, or that I’d get some rip off copy that doesn’t actually do anything (like how USB drives are sometimes counterfeited, then tell you the file has been downloaded on the drive, shows up with files on it, but the files won’t open and say they are corrupted…Hasn’t happened to me, but I read about it on some Amazon reviews!).

So then I went ahead and copied my Black 2, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver. Another thing that I didn’t even realize until today is that now I can still have my original SoulSilver file once I restart it. So I won’t really have to give up my original save file anyways!

In conclusion, no adverse effects so far. I have zero knowledge of how the hardware/software of all this stuff works, so I don’t know if it’s somehow damaging my games and won’t actually show the damage until later, but like I said, haven’t seen any reviews saying stuff like that.

So for now, I definitely recommend it for those of you who might also worry about losing their shinies via file corruption (or even misplacing cartridges, I suppose). Though do note, this does not, nor will it ever, work for X/Y. Apparently the hardware in those game cartridges is different, so it saves differently. So no firmware updates will ever make it possible, according to the makers of the adaptor. I know a lot of you transfer your shinies to X/Y right away, so maybe this adaptor would be useless to you, but…

--------------

Well…I EV trained Oddish, beat the 7th gym, did all the team rocket radio tower stuff, did the bug catching contest for the first time and won first place so I could get a sun stone to evolve Oddish with, went through Ice Path, got to Blackthorn City (finally! Move deleters, reminders, tutors…), and evolved Oddish into Gloom then Bellossom, so I’m all ready to go for my next BQ shiny, which will hopefully be a Rattata…Under the odds, I hope?

Speaking of odds, Giratina passed 2x over them last night and is now at 16,400 SRs. This phase for Growlithe is going to try to become my new second longest hunt at 19,900 REs. And HeartGold is of course way back down to 400 REs :)

I also finally finished my Live Oddish video. I’ve just had too much other stuff in the games to do that kept me from getting to it sooner x.X

Good luck, everyone!

Nerdboyiam

Unlucky Hunter
Well now I have both of my favorite 6th gens shiny! 60 eggs after Amaura hatched I got a Tyrunt. Now time to train then and figure out my next hunt. Good luck the everyone! And congrats to all who has gotten their hunts completed recently

Scrufox86

Oh my... Wow!!!! I have it!!! Shiny Eevee!!! I don't count RE's in the friend safari but it must have been around 720 RE's possibly more as I average about 4 RE's per minute with an illuminate pokemon in first slot. I have done at least 2 hours since the shiny Loudred appeared plus some more I think maybe at least another hour to that. Oh I love it. It has bold nature and I haven't checked the IV's yet. But I will try for another one in this safari before continuing my shiny Protean Froakie MM hunt.

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck everyone!

Oh and isn't Eevee in the CH this month? Because if so then Community Hunt Complete!

Edit - And soon after while trying for shiny Eevee number 2 I find shiny Aipom number 2! lol Wow I like this friend safari. I just don't want another shiny Aipom now I just want one more Eevee from this safari or two if it can be really generous to me and then I will leave. I have another Eevee safari with other pokemon in it.

Last edited:

JohnnyC

COmgratulations on all of your shinies!

I'm not completelyout of luck today!

After God knows how many eggs and months of trying, i've finally hatched a shiny Piplup! I am gonna nickname it "Pingu"

http://i58.*******.com/5a51cy.gif

Then i went to the friend safari and after a few encounters, i've found a beautiful shiny Floette!

http://i57.*******.com/jsd4qo.gif

My luck is evil. I gave up on a shiny Murkrow and decided to try for a shiny Vulpix. However, when hunting for a Ninetales with Drought, I found a shiny Larvesta! I caught her, and nicknamed her Rocera. She has a Gentle Nature and Flame Body, as well as perfect IVs in SpA and SpD.

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
...Hello everyone. No new Shiny for me...I want to kill any Purrloin I see, but no new shiny.

As for my mother, last night she got a 6IV shiny Feebas through Wonder Trade. Lucky her!!

I am still stuck in the ghost gym...whoops. xD (I am training right now...it it'll work.

--Oh hey, my sister rushes into my room.
She hatched a Shiny Male Aruros.

Quils

Strange Creature
Aaahhh!!!

GUYS GUYS!!!111 SLKDJSKLDLKSJLKDJKLKL ok, ok, calm down...
I... I can't believe I did it. I just completed my very first SR hunt ever. After 7145+ SRs... (I didn't start counting after a while, so they were about 150-200 more SRs)
Yes, shiny Latias decided fo finally appear... in my White 2. I would have prefered for her to appear in Soul Silver, but who cares??
Oh God... that feeling when you finally complete a SR hunt is just... I can't put it into words. I wasn't even using a Shiny Charm, so this one is a 1 in 8192 shiny.
Now... for some reason I decided to not use a Synchronizer in White 2, so the nature was completely random. Well, she is MODEST!111 But, that's not all, she has 0 IVs in Special Attack!!! Wait... what??? What's with this weird luck...
Oh, but who cares about IVs and natures when you have a beautiful shiny Pokémon? Anyway her IVs are 17/28/20-21/0/13/5-6
Oh, so the speed is bad too. Again, who cares? :')

[IMG139]http://i60.*******.com/2a859vd.jpg[/IMG139]

I decided to name her Yume, which means Dream in Japanese, which fits because she's my dream shiny <3 I couldn't name her something longer because I got her in my japanese game 8D

So, the first thing I did after catching her, was to transfer her to my english Black 2, and then to PokéBank. She is currently in my Y version where she'll be EV trained. I can't wait to use this beauty in battle :')
Oh, and she is the cutest thing in the world in Pokémon Amie aksjhdakjsdhkjasj

[IMG139]http://i60.*******.com/2dvz8g.jpg[/IMG139]

SKJDHKJSDHKJ I would like to thank AquaRegisteel, ShinyMisty and all of you guys. You inspired me to do this, I would have never tried if it weren't for all your posts :')

I'll upload a video later, for now I'll EV train my beautiful Yume.

Congrats on your recent shinies, and good luck to everyone! And remember, never give up :')

EDIT: Forgot to mention it, but CH complete x2 :')
EDIT2: I uploaded a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMrioZmVNZ8
Even though there's a new page there's not much I have to add so I'll just edit this post and put it here c:

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
I... I can't believe I did it. I just completed my very first SR hunt ever. After 7145+ SRs... (I didn't start counting after a while, so they were about 150-200 more SRs)
Yes, shiny Latias decided fo finally appear... in my White 2. I would have prefered for her to appear in Soul Silver, but who cares??
Oh God... that feeling when you finally complete a SR hunt is just... I can't put it into words. I wasn't even using a Shiny Charm, so this one is a 1 in 8192 shiny.
Now... for some reason I decided to not use a Synchronizer in White 2, so the nature was completely random. Well, she is MODEST!111 But, that's not all, she has 0 IVs in Special Attack!!! Wait... what??? What's with this weird luck...
Oh, but who cares about IVs and natures when you have a beautiful shiny Pokémon? Anyway her IVs are 17/28/20-21/0/13/5-6

I decided to name her Yume, which means Dream in Japanese, which fits because she's my dream shiny <3 I couldn't name her something longer because I got her in my japanese game 8D

So, the first thing I did after catching her, was to transfer her to my english Black 2, and then to PokéBank. She is currently in my Y version where she'll be EV trained. I can't wait to use this beauty in battle :')

SKJDHKJSDHKJ I would like to thank AquaRegisteel, ShinyMisty and all of you guys. You inspired me to do this, I would have never tried if it weren't for all your posts :')

Congrats on your recent shinies, and good luck to everyone! And remember, never give up :')

Wow gratz! She looks amazing!! I should really hunt one of these to go with my shiny Latios.

----------

Well, still no shinies on my end. I'm over odds for Fennekin, which is annoying, but seeing Quils get that Latias has renewed my motivation for this hunt. Hopefully this doesn't take too much longer though, it's feeling like this will end up being my longest SR hunt.

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone! :]

EmeraldPhoenix

Shiny Hunter
Took a break from hatching Phantump to chain fish on Route 12, because I want that Clamperl so badly.

Of course I got a Remoraid this morning, lol. I wanted one anyway, but I'd rather have the OTHER good rod shiny from there.

Got a second chain up to like 65 and broke it when my finger twitched and hit the button too soon, so I'm taking a break for now and probably going back to hatching.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter

congrats. Ive been hunting her for 5 months.

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
While taking a break from hatching Togepi eggs in Y, I was at the FS and found myself a shiny Phanpy. I heard the sparkles, but when I looked it did not look shiny at all and I was confused. I of course caught it and check for the red star, which it has. It was a nice suprise, even though I would have liked a shiny Togepi more and I regret having taken a break from it. But hey what can you do, but continue hunting for Togepi of course. My BQ in B2 is at 6560 REs for BQ#2 and I've logged in 48 hours in to the game. My BQ in HG is at 19565 REs, it is getting close to my longest hunt. I would not mind something shining in that game, but we'll see. Yes precious we will *Gollum* Anyway Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
So I was EV training my Snorlax for my Comp team and I ran into a Shiny Whismur! After like 10-15 turns of not being able to be asleep due to uproar, I finally ended up catching it at full health with a Premier Ball! She has an impish nature and has its normal ability soundproof! I am going to name it Zildjian, because I am a drummer and my drum set has entirely Zildjian brand cymbols, and the drums are loud, it will be and expLOUD. You can see the logic with it. Off I go to level it and update my avatar and sig!