• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Klinny

Skitty Chaser
Sorry that you broke you chain. :( I've used the Poke-Radar exactly once, so I don't know how it works, but I imagine you really have to pay attention to the game while you're using it.

Well, I ran into my first shiny since I got the Shiny Charm. It's not the shiny Eevee I was hunting for, but shiny Snubbulls are cool too!

Haha yeah, the Poke Radar demands a lot of attention. One wrong step and you can completely ruin hours of work XD I can't be too upset though, because the time before that I got a Shiny Absol on my very first grass patch, so the terrible moments even out lol.

And congrats on your Shiny Snubbull! :D And congrats to everyone for their new Shinies as well :)

For me, I am trying to get a Shiny Remoraid via Fishing Chaining, as I'd like a Shiny with the Suction Cups ability. So far though, I've found two Shiny Chinchous, (nicknamed Mr. Chin and Laserfish), so the quest continues.

After Remoraid, (assuming it has the right ability... XD ) I'll be switching to Black 2 since I just found out now about Black Tower...

...and the Shiny Gible you receive for completing it...

...so I'll be putting together a team of rag-tag adventurers, (or left-behinds..) from Black and Black 2 to take that on. Kind of wish I knew about this before transferring all my good Pokemon to X haha.

Edit: Got my Shiny Remoraid, (nicknamed Octilla) although she has the wrong ability. (Although I noticed I already had a Shiny with Suction Cups that I had transfered via PokeBank and apparently didn't bother to actually check... T.T Oh well, Shiny Octopus anyways! Also found a couple level 90-100 Munnas and Dittos on Black from when I was trying to MM a Shiny Munna, so I guess they'll be my Black Tower team... XD

Last edited:

Vaksa

Shiny Hunter
I got a shiny Noibat after only 15 eggs! Sadly it's missing perfect IVs in both Speed and Attack, so I'll have to get another eventually for my intended purpose. But he's still lovely, and I'm delighted that he shone so quickly. Now I'm MMing for a female Espurr, so hopefully I won't get any males before that. I'm at 60 eggs so far, but still going strong. I might take a break for some chain fishing though, as I've wonder traded away the Seaking and Clawitzer I had from that previously.

Congratulations to all recent finds!

Last edited:

MDS777

The name's Riley
Yes! After 809 eggs and the third shiny Ralts, I got a female shiny Ralts! :) Now I can have an awesome shiny Gallade and shiny Gardevoir <3

Community Hunt complete x6
Pic of Ralts:
fxg8BKh.jpg

Like I said earlier, Rattata will be my next MM hunt to reclaim. Congrats on the shinies and good luck everyone! :)

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Earth Wolf-Howl on Vulpix, Keovix on Regirock, Shine on Spinarak, Tina on Espurr, Vaksa on Noibat, MultiDarkShadow777 on Ralts, and everyone else on your shinies!

----------

Oh wow, February’s almost over! Those 28 days slipped my mind and I kept thinking there were another 5-6 days of the month left when there’s really only 2 days left :p The month started out strong for me, but then took an evil turn :x But I still got 3 awesome shinies out of it!

Today I did 500 SRs and 500 REs, bringing Giratina to 17,400 SRs, Growlithe to 21,000 REs, and Rattata to 1,500 REs. Also tried Pokeathlon for the first time, kind of fun :3

Good luck, everyone!

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Earth Wolf-Howl on Vulpix, Keovix on Regirock, Shine on Spinarak, Tina on Espurr, Vaksa on Noibat, MultiDarkShadow777 on Ralts, and everyone else on your shinies!

----------

Oh wow, February’s almost over! Those 28 days slipped my mind and I kept thinking there were another 5-6 days of the month left when there’s really only 2 days left :p The month started out strong for me, but then took an evil turn :x But I still got 3 awesome shinies out of it!

Today I did 500 SRs and 500 REs, bringing Giratina to 17,400 SRs, Growlithe to 21,000 REs, and Rattata to 1,500 REs. Also tried Pokeathlon for the first time, kind of fun :3

Good luck, everyone!
I loved to do the pokethon back in HG. the best part was seeing your shinies retain their shiny color. I also had shieldon named sheep that I used on every event XD I used him on the final difficulty ones also.

Slushie

Requiescat en pace.
So after a good amount of time spent hatching 634 Goomy eggs(Takes a lot of steps to hatch plus I have been pretty busy so I haven't had much time), I decided to take a break and MM for a Treecko! Currently 4 or so boxes deep with no good results. But I'm not complaining considering it doesn't take too long to hatch. (Thank goodness) And now I decided to take a little break from Treecko and continue my dual SR for Zapdos and Articuno. I honestly don't know what's going on but I need to find a wild shiny before I lose it lol.

In other news I actually received my first wonder trade shiny a couple of days ago, a shiny Chikorita!! Pretty cool

Blue_Ringed_Umbreon

Egg Count: 326
Successfully MM'd a Shiny Honedge today!!! :D only took 280 eggs as well (166 post Shiny Charm). Pretty stoked!! Destiny Knot failed to give me Defense, But I got HP, Atk, SD as well as SA. So happy though!! Oh, and how's this for a nickname:
HEXCALIBUR!!!

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well after 376 eggs, My first male non starter shiny on my pokemon Y badgequest hatch my Fletchling shone! My luck gave me it's Gale wings as well so I'm happy to just have it shine! I bred it with adamant nature, So it's gonna be very helpful. Next target changed from Heliophile due to lack of Japanese ditto, Eevee.

Shiny Felchling!.JPG

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I got another shiny! This time it was a pink Wobbufet but unfortunately it didn't use its lipstick.

Perfect IVs:
- Attack
- Sp. Attack

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny! Shiny!

At egg #507, a white sauropod appeared!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6182_zps64a8842c.jpg[/IMG139]

Male, lax nature, alert to sounds. And o so white. ^_^ Longest Gen VI MM hunt (but also only my third, so meh), but still really short compared to my "typical" hunts.

Which means...

Community hunt complete x12!!

ShinyLord

Shiny Hunter
I've been lucky with eggs this week and hatched a shiny scyther in a sport ball with 4IVs, and a shiny hoothoot in a fast ball also with 4IVs :D Normally, I'm really unlucky with hatching shiny's from eggs (better random encountering) but I'm pushing my luck and going for another decent IV egg shiny: Eevee, in a dream ball. Hatching with its hidden ability would be a bonus. Only around 100 eggs so far I'd say, so not expecting anything quite yet (especially as my last eevee egg hunt took me up to 1800 eggs with no shiny)

★Shiny Sylveon★

Hatched these Shiny Pokes the last 2 weeks:

4IV Shiny HA Electrike w/ 4 Egg Moves (in Quick Ball)
5IV Shiny HA Cottonee w/ 4 Egg Moves (in Dream Ball)
5IV Shiny HA Charmander w/ 4 Egg Moves (in Pokeball)

All Timid Nature. They are NFT!
Wish Me Luck on my Next Hunt:
5/6IV Shiny HA Meowth w/ 4 Egg Moves and in Dream Ball and again, Timid Nature! :)

After that Hunt it will be this:
5/6IV Shiny HA Skitty w/ 4 Egg Moves and in Dream Ball. Bold Nature ;)

Good Luck to all Shiny Hunters! :)

maldoror

Had some luck horde hunting the last couple of days. On Tuesday I found I shiny Durant; which is what I was hunting for. Last night, within one hour, I found Vanillite, Whismur, and yet another Spinda. I now have six Spinda; which I have truly come to despise. I am considering taking my shiny Spinda team to wifi battles just for the fun of it.

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Today, I decided to start MM'ing for another Squirtle. After 8 eggs I allready had one :D. It has Rain Dish, unfortunately missing perfect IV in speed.
Since I'm just beginning I'll keep on breeding for a better one.

Congrats to all w/ their recent shinies, and good luck to those still hunting!

Vaksa

Shiny Hunter
Egg #93 in my Espurr hunt is a shiny…but it's male. I'll have to continue looking for my female, so hopefully it won't take too long now that I've got the male.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to Vaksa on Swirlix, Mareep, Noibat and Espurr (wow >.>), Iwanuq on Spinarak, CallMyName on Ralts, Earth Wolf-Howl on Vulpix, Keovix on Regirock, Shine on Spinarak, Tina on Espurr, MultiDarkShadow777 on Ralts, Blue_Ringed_Umbreon on Honedge, Manakete-Girl on Fletchling, Cyberra on Amaura, ShinyLord on Scyher and Hoothoot, ShadowRadon on Chikorita, eiger on Squirtle, and everyone else!

----------

Still no luck on my end. My luck hasn't been this bad in awhile, but I guess it was bound to happen eventually. I'm not exactly sure how many SRs I have done for Fennekin, but I'm somewhere over 6k at the moment. I've seen a lot of people get their Kalos starters under 1k SRs, so lucky >.<! I just gotta keep at it though, it'll be awesome when that Gray and Red fox finally appears.

Good luck everyone. :]

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I am getting frustrated in completing my national dex so I can get the shiny charm on White2. All I have left to get is tornadus and landorus, but I can't get tornadus to show up no matter how many times I try to change routes and check the bulletin boards. I wish they had an app like the poketch on Black and White so we'd know where the pokemon is instead of relying on a wing and a prayer. I may have to restart tornadus's game so I can trade over my master ball and catch him right at the start so I can get him and landorus. I honestly can't even remember if I knocked him out, if that's the reason he's not showing up, that I can go to the Elite 4 and beat them so I can get him to appear again.