• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

yestolgia

I just found a shiny Pikachu in the Friend Safari. I wasn't even looking for one, just going through to see what Pokemon were inside! She has a Bold nature and has her hidden ability, Lightning Rod.

EDIT: After half a day of using Sweet Scent on Route 21, I finally find a Swablu horde with a shiny in it. Except...it's a girl, and I wanted a boy. ;_; I know that's a stupid thing to complain about, but I really wanted a boy I could name Midas!

Guess it's back to hunting.

Last edited:

Arvis

So I was just walking around Route 21 trying to catch a few Pokemon for my Pokedex and a shiny Floatzel appeared.! It's my first shiny random encounter Pokemon( aside from the chain fishing ones)

Last edited:
Hello, everyone! I'm sorry that I haven't been on for a while, but I've been... preoccupied, to put it simply.

Anyway, I have decided to abandon my MM Eevee hunt (again) (for now), and am, instead, trying to RNG for a shiny Cresselia in my Black 2 Version. However, I seem to be experiencing difficulties...

As far as I am concerned, I am inputting every bit of information into the RNG Reporter correctly, and performing every task as I should. Yet, I still yield no shiny moon-swan-goddess.

This may be a far stretch, but is there anyone at all who might be able to help me with my predicament? I want to transfer it over to my Y Version before next Thursday (because that's all the time I have left) along with many other legendary Pokémon that I transferred over from my Platinum Version. Perhaps just to correct any flaws that are in my performances, even if it is something as specific as my timing?

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: NEVERMIND I JUST CAUGHT HER

Attachments

• tumblr_n1p64kmBei1ss0eo1o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_n1p64kmBei1ss0eo1o1_500.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

ShinyLord

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to everyone's latest shinies.

Good luck Supremacy, don't give up! I know soft resetting shinies can be frustrating, but if you keep going, you'll get it! :D

I have more shiny news! This week has been amazing in terms of masuda luck. I now have a beautiful male 4IV Timid shiny Eevee!! (Just missing the perfect defense) Ecstatic with him, as he's hatched in a Dream Ball. Just a shame as he doesn't have his hidden ability and this is my third failed attempt to get myself a shiny Espeon with Magic Bounce lol. Oh well, since I have my heart set on Espeon, I think I'll evolve him into that regardless :)

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
I was sitting in Ambrette town, fishing for a relicanth that was holding the deepseascale, and before that happens, i get a shiny Clawitzer!

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
After trying to deal with it for a few days now, does anyone have any advice for getting rid of the rain/clouds in gen 6? I'm trying to use sweet scent to hunt, but the rain keeps preventing that from happening D:

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats on all new shinies and goodluck to all those still hunting!

Ok... So... On my 85th egg, another incredibly short hunt, another shiny Espurr hatches!

A male shiny Espurr!

My hunt for the shiny female Espurr continues, I now own three shiny male Espurrs called Daniel, LeiJinshuu, and Ace.
818 eggs total for all three Espurrs up till this point.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Shiny Fletchinder here! It's nice to have another shiny Pokémon but...

WHY?! Why can't I get a shiny Charmeleon? Forth time now... First it was a Delphox, then a Growlithe, third it was a Ponyta and now this... WHY?!?! ;_;

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
OMG, I have never been so lucky. I got two shinys in one and half hours. Now i have two beautiful shinys to my team

Shiny male Larvesta with Mild nature and Flame body and perfect IV's in HP and Speed

and

Shiny male Slugma with Bashful nature and Magma Armor and perfect IV's in Special Defence and Speed.

I'm just so happy :3

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I am considering getting back into Shiny hunting and all that good stuff, but after over 3 months of taking a break, I am struggling to get inspiration. Any (serious) ideas for new hunts?

If some of you remember back to October time, you may remember my slightly ridiculous attempt of getting a Shiny Phantump in the Friend Safari. I hunted for over 50 hours to no avail, and that was really a big factor in me quitting for a while, a long while...

Last edited:

yestolgia

Another female shiny Swablu. D:< Seriously?

EDIT: Apparently the game heard me complaining, four hordes later I encounter a male shiny Swablu. I finally have Midas!

EDIT 2: And now, while I'm hunting for a shiny Furfrou/Shiny Bunnelby, I encounter a Gulpin horde with a shiny! This is the most shines I've ever encountered in one day.

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

Took a break from my shiny Zangoose hunt for a couple of days and resumed the hunt today. I'm now up to 180 eggs. Still no shiny but I'm going to keep trying till I get one with max attack and speed with its HA. Personally hoping for a male one as the one I lost was male but I'll be perfectly happy with a female.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I was doing a chain breed for moves and i ended up getting a 6iv shinny misdreavus...shame it is a female... cant pass those ivs...but oh well i guss ill be using her for battling, wont be using nicknames since i can honestly think of anything decent.

TheGreaterLucario

Another female shiny Swablu. D:< Seriously?

EDIT: Apparently the game heard me complaining, four hordes later I encounter a male shiny Swablu. I finally have Midas!

EDIT 2: And now, while I'm hunting for a shiny Furfrou/Shiny Bunnelby, I encounter a Gulpin horde with a shiny! This is the most shines I've ever encountered in one day.

Huh, how funny. I ran into a Shiny Bunnelby just last night on Route 5! It was my first random, non-Friend Safari Shiny, too.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Some hours later... Hi again!

A fresh new shiny Pokémon here: Ferroseed! Pretty cool looking but I'm not sure yet if I want to evolve it or not. Time will tell I guess.

Iwanuq

Iwan
So I was MMing for a goomy on my second box on the 34th I got one I have about three more boxes to go, didn't expect to get it this soon! Congrats to everyone on their shinies! And good luck to all those hunting! I'm so happy for the shiny charm took forever for me to get it :)

searing light dragon

Dragon Trainer
Found a shiny Braixen in a Friend Safari. She's female but has Blaze, oh well she still looks beautiful.

Now trying for a shiny Charmeleon while MMing Lapras

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Kyogre shone, but... I lost it.
I lost my cat today. He died... I lost a shiny Kyogre today. It took out all my team... I wasn't prepared... 2 months... I give up.
Today's the worst day ever.

Last edited: