• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Following my beautiful shiny Cresselia in my Black 2 Version (which I nicknamed Evelia), I ended up capturing a shiny Azelf and a shiny Mesprit in the same game! I didn't go for Uxie because it was hard enough to get those two. Azelf kept knocking my team out, and my Drapion kept killing Mesprit.

This means that I have 6/14 of the Sinnoh legendaries in their shiny forms (the three that I mentioned, plus the shiny Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina from the events a few months back)! That's almost half of them! If I can get a shiny Phione, I'll be set!

Congratulations to all recent shiny encounters, and good luck to all future hunts! Also, my sincerest condolences to The Prince of May for your losses. :(

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I... just... can't... believe it...
... and you won't either! Shiny Kyogre came back not even a day after I lost it! I never expected it to happen today... This hunt is finally over... after two months of hard work!

[IMG139]http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/945892ShinyKyogre.png[/IMG139]
I want you all to meet with Flipper, my shiny Kyogre!

This time, I didn't take the chance; I took the Master Ball I previously... got, if we could say so. So now I have one of my dream shiny back, my sweet little purple whale in the ball I wanted it to be. My Modest Abra also did the trick; Kyogre is Modest nature! I'm so glad it got the right nature! My Heart Gold game is french, too, so you can notice the french characters... Finally, Flipper's IVs are...
20-21/2-3/28/8-9/20-21/22-23, which is absolutely INCREDIBLE! Attack just as I expected it to be; very low, and overall awesome stats. A little bit shaky in Special Attack, though I'm so excited to see that all the other important stats are above 20. And with a near perfect Defense, I couldn't be happier about the result!

I would like... to thank you all who supported me into this, especially with the bad day I had yesterday... I'm almost crying of joy right now... You guys are the greatest.
I'll take pictures of it in 3D after I transfer it over Black, White 2 and then X!

Funny to notice, though, that I was watching episodes from official Pokémon site when both my Kyogre appeared. Yesterday, it was Cilan And The Case Of The Purrloin Witness! and today, it was Going Apricorn. Good coincidence...

Congratulations on the latest shinies and good luck! It's time to get back to hunting Gastly in X!

I did it for you, Cosmo!

EDIT: Isn't it just the CUTEST ?
[IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/729555ShinyKyogreAmie2.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/953270ShinyKyogreAmie1.png[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
... and you won't either! Shiny Kyogre came back not even a day after I lost it! This hunt is finally over... after two months of hard work!

This time, I didn't take the chance; I took the Master Ball I previously... got, if we could say so. So now I have one of my dream shiny back, my sweet little purple whale in the ball I wanted it to be. My Modest Abra also did the trick; Kyogre is Modest nature! I'm so glad it got the right nature! My Heart Gold game is french, too, so you can notice the french characters... Finally, Flipper's IVs are...
20-21/2-3/28/8-9/20-21/22-23, which is absolutely INCREDIBLE! Attack just as I expected it to be; very low, and overall awesome stats. A little bit shaky in Special Attack, though I'm so excited to see all of the important stats, except Special Attack, are above 20, and with a near perfect Defense. Couldn't be happier about the result!

I would like... to thank you all who supported me into this, especially with the bad day I had yesterday... I'm almost crying of joy right now... You guys are the greatest.
I'll take pictures of it in 3D after I transfer it over Black, White 2 and then X!

Funny to notice, though, that I was watching episodes from official Pokémon site when both my Kyogre appeared. Yesterday, it was Cilan And The Case Of The Purrloin Witness! and today, it was Going Apricorn. Good coincidence...

Congratulations on the latest shinies and good luck! It's time to get back to hunting Gastly in X!

I did it for you Cosmo!

Congrats on reclaiming Kyogre. You deserved it after what happened :) Congrats to everyone else who found new shinies too.

I've not been able to hunt the last few days because of a university report I've to do so I'm still at 240 eggs. Since I hand it in tomorrow and I don't have any classes I'll be spending most of the day hatching more Zangoose eggs. Hopefully it shines for me as my weekend has been rubbish because of the report. Doesn't help that my lecturer worded it in a way that makes it almost impossible to understand. A shiny would really make me feel better *hint hint game*.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Klinny

Skitty Chaser
Congratulations The Prince of May! That is wonderful :) I am so sorry to hear about your loss the other day, but happy that you found your Kyogre!

And congrats to all the new shinies as well! For me, I completed Black Tower in Black 2 and got the Gible, (nicknamed Chompy). I transferred it to X and then gave it to my boyfriend, who loves Gible. In return, he traded me his RE Shiny Tentacool, (which he had named Shinyfish).

I'm now currently looking for my first Friend Safari Shiny.

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
... and you won't either! Shiny Kyogre came back not even a day after I lost it! I never expected it to happen today... This hunt is finally over... after two months of hard work!

20-21/2-3/28/8-9/20-21/22-23, which is absolutely INCREDIBLE! Attack just as I expected it to be; very low, and overall awesome stats. A little bit shaky in Special Attack, though I'm so excited to see all of the important stats, except Special Attack, are above 20, and with a near perfect Defense. Couldn't be happier about the result!

I did it for you, Cosmo!

When I saw the Kyogre on the page, I thought to myself "...No f**^*(^ WAY!" Congratulations! :D
You do not know how happy I am to see you reclaimed it so quickly!
Good luck with your Gastly hunt.

As for me...wait, I didn't DO anything yesterday. I was really tired after spending the day with my family, so I fell asleep after...like, what, 10 eggs. It feels really hard to believe that I only hit 500 the other day, yet it feels like forever since I started hunting this darn thing. I guess it doesn't help that I do not like Purrloin, but I LOVE Liepard. Ah well.

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Missed a few days on here, just caught up and well done to everyone on their new shinies! Special condolences and congratulations for The Prince of May, heck of a rollercoaster ride for you recently!

As for me, things have gotten busy so I've just been collecting and hatching at any chance I get. Managed to get to 150 eggs of Timburr and nothing but yesterday a train journey afforded me an opportunity to gather 100 eggs so I've been working through them today and No. #190 overall popped out orange! Perfect IVs in all but Def, obviously Sp A would have been the one I wanted it to miss out on, but never mind, it's still wonderful and orange. Oh, and it's called Arnold, obviously :p

Next up: Honedge...

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I was hunting for a Lillipup on Route 1 in Black and White, hoping to reclaim the Shiny Lillipup I lost a while ago nwhen I did a lot of trading.

After 134 REs, a shiny Patrat appeared!

I forgot to take encounter pics, but this should suffice:

She has a Naive nature, and the Run Away ability. She'll be a good Watchog, I guarantee :p

Back to phase 2 of this hunt, hopefully Lillipup shines next.

Congratulations to everyone and good luck to you all! Great to see you got Flipper, Prince of May.

Last edited:

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat

20-21/2-3/28/8-9/20-21/22-23, which is absolutely INCREDIBLE! Attack just as I expected it to be; very low, and overall awesome stats. A little bit shaky in Special Attack, though I'm so excited to see that all the other important stats are above 20. And with a near perfect Defense, I couldn't be happier about the result!

I did it for you, Cosmo!

[IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/729555ShinyKyogreAmie2.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/953270ShinyKyogreAmie1.png[/IMG139]

Hey, congratulations! =D
I'm happy it shone for you so quickly!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to Meowth City on Illumise, Scrufox86 on Froakie, Zim Del Invasor on Oddish, yestolgia on Honedge, Iwanuq on Goomy x2, Blastonite on Bidoof, Cyberra on Budew, AquaRegisteel on Patrat, and major gratz on reclaiming Kyogre so quickly, Prince of May!! :]

-------------

My luck is still horrid, so no shinies yet. I think I'm gonna put my Safari Zone hunt on hold once again and go magnet pull for shiny Steelix in Mt. Silver for the CH. My main focus right now, is of course Fennekin, which I think is probably over 7k SRs by now. I just wanna get the BQ started already. =/

Good luck everyone!

Dangertrout

I'm still hunting for a shiny Ekans.
While hunting it I came across a shiny Skorupi!
I'm pretty happy about it, since it's a shiny I really like.
Bashful natured female with battle armor ability.
I think I'll just keep it as a trophy, rather than train it for competitive stuff.
Not sure if I want to evolve it, as Drapion doesn't look as nice.

Anyways, back to the ekans search!
Good luck everyone!

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I'm thinking to starting MM for losted Venipede in White. Well, it was Scolipede, but i still loved it too much. Maybe I start tomorrow, because i'm on vacation now.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter

I did it for you, Cosmo!

For Cosmo! Congrats on kyogre!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I took a short break from my MM hunt for Eevee. I'm at 600 eggs.

Btw, major congrats to everyone on your shinies! Congrats on your shiny Kyogre Prince Of May!

shadowF

710 eggs for mm on charmander and no luck yet. I really hope it comes soon.

MDS777

The name's Riley

I did it for you, Cosmo!

Congrats! So glad that you reclaimed your Kyogre...and so quickly too! :) Congrats to everyone else on their recent shinies as well and good luck!

---

So far I've only hatched 150 eggs for my Deino MM hunt. Deino eggs takes a while to hatch, even with Hatching 3 O-power and Flame Body. Much longer than regular eggs due to Hydreigon's slow experience growth.

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
I am sorry to hear about your loss, The Prince of May. I am glad you found Flipper though! Congratulations to all the new shiny Pokemon! :)

Finally, after 400+ eggs (My longest MM hunt yet!) I got my shiny Magnemite! ( ) Can't wait to level it up into a Magnezone! :D

Also, I am not sure if this is how other people do this, but when hatching for MM I usually just bike it up and down route 7! Occasionally I loose control and plunged into the tall grass, and a few days ago I came across this wonderful Pokemon! ( )

When I was getting my shiny charm I evolved some of my FS shiny Pokemon, including Avalugg ( ) and Glalie! ( )

The strangest thing happened when I was getting my legendaries for the shiny charm. The only legendary Pokemon I keep are Giratina and Kyurem, so I traded all the others for legionaries that I didn't have. One of the legionaries I needed was Suicune. So I put up my Ho-Oh for one, got it, and was about to trade it on for another legendary when I noticed that it was a shiny!! (http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/I..._20140215_001_zps1f2f2ee6.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5) :eek:

Not sure what to do next. I found a 5 IV foreign Absol in my box, so I am going for that at the moment. May try the community hunt, as I have yet to couple one. Would also love to get a shiny Charmander some day...

Last edited:

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I got my shiny Mienfoo with great iv's after a week of looking. My next hunt would be Porygon but I don't have the right Pokemon to get one. So my next hunt shall be Klefki instead.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Meowth City on Illumise, Scrufox86 on Froakie, Volbeat x2, and Ledyba, CryHavoc91 on Lampent x3 and Phantump, Zim Del Invasor on Oddish, yestolgia on Honedge, Iwanuq on Goomy, James2344 on Toxicroak, Blastonite on Bidoof, Cyberra on Budew, ManaphyEmuritto23 on Mesprit and Azelf, The Prince of May on Kyogre (so happy for you, it must be a gift from Cosmo!), AmazingChi on Timburr, AquaRegisteel on Patrat, Dangertrout on Skorupi, I, Pink Elephant on Magnemite, Flabebe, and Suicune, and Shayminslicker on Mienfoo!

Well... my month-long shiny drought has come to an end! Shiny Skiddo on the 633rd egg!

I'm so happy that this thing finally shone, I was starting to get really impatient. XD I know it wasn't too awfully long in the scheme of things, but this hunt took over twice the amount of eggs as my previous longest MM hunt did (Numel at 311 eggs), and from what I understand it's pretty close to the odds in Gen 6. So I'm glad my efforts finally paid off - I now have an adorable female shiny Skiddo to call my own! Her name is Olive, and she has an Impish nature with perfect HP, Attack, and Sp. Defense. Funny story: right before I hatched her I was watching a Youtube video in which someone hatched a Skiddo in a mere three eggs, and I was getting even more discouraged about my own hunt... And then I look down at my screen and there's my shiny Skiddo staring back at me! XD

So, I guess it's back to my other hunts. I did 300 REs in SoulSilver yesterday, so that's up to a modest 1700 REs so far. Fennekin is still at 500 SRs, so I may concentrate on that for now. And for my next MM hunt, I'm thinking of going for a competitive Marill, since shiny Azumarill looks amazing and it's actually viable in battles now. I got a great foreign Marill through Wonder Trade with 4 perfect IVs and a couple of egg moves, so that will help a lot. Hopefully it won't be quite as stubborn as Skiddo was. ^_^

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

Reactions: LLR

Scrufox86

Well firstly congrats to all new shinies and a special congrats to Prince of May on the Kyogre reclaim.

I have a triple whammy! Right so I took a break from hatching Froakie eggs. I am now down to 4 boxes left and I haven't found a 2nd shiny in this batch yet. Anyway I decide to go Friend safari hunting again and I notice that I really want one of the gen VI ghosts either Pumpkaboo or Phantump and so I enter one with Pumpkaboo and after an hour or so I find a shiny Golurk and theni changed Safaris with one that had Phantump in it and not long after entering I find a female shiny Phantump! and then about half an hour later a 2nd shiny Phantump came along this time male but I do not mind getting a duplicate one as for one it is different gender and another I can evolve one and keep one as it is. Wow I hope I get my shiny Protean Froakie within those last 4 boxes otherwise I think I will change and go for Fennekin (as I don't mind either ability because I am not using it competitive lol) or any of my other MM targets or possibly a mix match MM hunt.

Anyway congrats once again to all new shinies and good luck everyone!

MadMarchHare

Amphabulous
Have event shiny Dialga and Entei for trade.

Not interested in most legendaries, but feel free to make offers.

PM if interested.