• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

shadowF

712 and finally shiny charmander! it is male and beautiful! congrats on everyone else!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
She said she will try to be part of the forums, too, so she can join the fun. :D Hope she does join. That'll be great!

If you and your sister shares the same IP, don't forget to notify a mod about it. Otherwise mods could think your sister is your alt. account, and we don't like alt. accounts.

Anyway, congrats to everyone with a new shiny, and good luck to those who are still trying.

But MASSIVE congrats for The Prince of May, I just read about your cat, I'm sorry to hear that. But I like to think the quick reclaim is a memento from your cat ;)
Also, don't be overly sad about your cat, I'm sure it's in a better place now :)

As for me, still no black Furfrou, but I'm only 150 eggs into the hunt anyway. It's too early to determine that this is going to be a long hunt XD

Once the black dog appears, I'll MM another Shiny Froakie while looking for one in the Safari. I need to complete the entire line collection already, it really annoys me :p

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
spent a week trying to hatch a shiny feebas after getting the shiny charm. My efforts payed off with a female shiny milotic with marvel scale, a bold nature, and perfect IV's in Def, Sp.A, Sp.D, and Speed. Took awhile but was a lot faster with the shiny charm as compared to my ralts escapades. ^^

Rain Dance

It's Raining Again..
I'm shaking hahaha

I recently had my intire Pokemon X file corrupted, meaning I lost all my shinies. I'm on a reclaim hunt, but i gave it a rest while looking for fletchling and chained scatterbug, and on a full chain of 40, I got a Naughty Compound Eyes Scatterbug <33

I still have a long way to go. But it's brilliant to have my first shiny on this new file. Good luck to everyone and happy hunting!

I'm shaking hahaha

I recently had my intire Pokemon X file corrupted, meaning I lost all my shinies. I'm on a reclaim hunt, but i gave it a rest while looking for fletchling and chained scatterbug, and on a full chain of 40, I got a Naughty Compound Eyes Scatterbug <33

I still have a long way to go. But it's brilliant to have my first shiny on this new file. Good luck to everyone and happy hunting!

that sucks, but its nice to see that you still have a positive outlook. If that happened to me, Id break everything in sight...

Rain Dance

It's Raining Again..
that sucks, but its nice to see that you still have a positive outlook. If that happened to me, Id break everything in sight...

I was like that for a few days, but my freaking girlfriend deleted her file to make me feel better and then all these strangers on another forum helped me out and I just-- everybody is so nice and it really made it easier for me to recover!

Shiny Goomy will be the hardest to reclaim, I think... Gosh I miss her D:

I was like that for a few days, but my freaking girlfriend deleted her file to make me feel better and then all these strangers on another forum helped me out and I just-- everybody is so nice and it really made it easier for me to recover!

Shiny Goomy will be the hardest to reclaim, I think... Gosh I miss her D:

Your GF deleted it just to make you feel better? Shes a keeper. Wow, those people are nice. Props to them.

Honestly, if I lost my 5IV Shiny Speed Boost Blaziken, I would cry for days, even if I did get him in a trade for free. Shiny Goomy is cute, Ill give him that.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Round 2 for vanillite has just ended, with 740 eggs and 0 sparkles. Egg collection for round 3 is about to begin, once I get my Join Avenue stuff out of the way.

In Y, I tore through the fifth and 6th gyms and am up in Laverre City. I've started a lvl 31 surf repel trick hunt for goomy. I have 256 max repels in stock; once I use them up I'll SR and start again (unless something sparkles).

Speaking of... On a 3DS is it still L + R + Start + Select for a soft reset?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Round 2 for vanillite has just ended, with 740 eggs and 0 sparkles. Egg collection for round 3 is about to begin, once I get my Join Avenue stuff out of the way.

In Y, I tore through the fifth and 6th gyms and am up in Laverre City. I've started a lvl 31 surf repel trick hunt for goomy. I have 256 max repels in stock; once I use them up I'll SR and start again (unless something sparkles).

Speaking of... On a 3DS is it still L + R + Start + Select for a soft reset?

Yes it is, but I think you can just use L + R and, I think, Start. No need to use select. That's how I usually reset anyway.

★Shiny Sylveon★

Congrats Prince of May and others! ^_^
I didn't see your other post about your cat though. xP

I am now on my 5th Box for Meowth :)

Wish me Luck~!

and Good Luck to you others~!

James2344

Keyblade wielder
this one isn't for me but for the guy sitting next to me playing sapphire on an emulator in class.
I was teaching him about shiny pokemon and how they were so rare that in my time I've only ever encountered three in the wild, then with me watching on he found a shiny tentacool, and he doesn't even really care about the game!
and for the record no he wasn't using shiny hacks, I checked

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Hey guys. Congrats on all those lovely shinies! I'm up to 1,220 Sandile hatched. I've started a side hunt on dry battery Sapphire for a Shiny Mudkip, and I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I'm SRing 30 times on a file before starting a new one unless the Poochyena or the Mudkip shines. Is this right? Also is it necessary that I name myself something different each file?
~RaichuArcanine~

Last edited:

Illusione-Tempus

Congrats on recent shinies everyone. Especially to The Prince of May on the Kyogre reclaim. It must be a gift from Cosmo. xD

And don't worry about that pet thing. The minute I move from this family (aka. get married lol), I'm planning to get a cat. My father's the only one against keeping a pet, so I have to move out from here first. xDD

My condolences to Rain Dance on his loss though. You'll get Goomy back someday. Your GF and the folks from the other forums are really good people. I remember crying for a few days and not touching Pokemon for 2 months because my Black was deleted, but a loss is a loss, and I had to get over it somehow... Until B2 deleted itself in 3 months... *sigh*

Lol no shiny news from me, aside from giving Crimson_Penguin the shiny Ralts the other day (thanks for the legendaries, again). Although the targets in this months CH aren't very interesting for me, so I guess I'll be hunting back for that Adamant Ralts before going back to MMing one. Although I will definitely laugh if another shiny pops out in this nature hunt. xD

★Shiny Sylveon★

after about 100 eggs, still no shiny gible T__t. im about at 400 something. i have a question, how do you guys normaly mm?
Don't expect Shinys that quick ;)
I usually use 6IV Foreign Female with Correct Nature and Desired Pokeball and Ability
For Male, I use a 5IV Male with Correct IV Spread and Nature, with Egg Moves :)

------------

I am on my 6th Box for Meowth! :)
This Meowth will come out soon, I will not give up ;)

Wish Me Luck~!

And Good Luck to All, and Congrats on Your Shinys~!

lucarioisawesome

Who did this to me!
Don't expect Shinys that quick ;)
I usually use 6IV Foreign Female with Correct Nature and Desired Pokeball and Ability
For Male, I use a 5IV Male with Correct IV Spread and Nature, with Egg Moves :)

------------

I am on my 6th Box for Meowth! :)
This Meowth will come out soon, I will not give up ;)

Wish Me Luck~!

And Good Luck to All, and Congrats on Your Shinys~!

i meant like do you gather boxes of eggs than hatch them or get an egg and hatch it then get another one?

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
I heard there's a better chance of finding shinies in hordes?
is that true?
if it is I'll go ahaed and sweet scent for a shiny asap!

sdotj

Just found a shiny charmeleon in the friend safari! My first shiny in awhile, so it feels good. It has a brave nature, so I'm gonna set it up to be a defensive charizard x!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Hi guys!
I would like to thank you all for the cheers about my shiny Kyogre. It's touching!
I also bring news!

On the 481th egg of my second Masuda Method but first one on Pokémon X, shiny Gastly decides to pop out!

[IMG139]http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/525858ShinyGastly.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/794426ShinyGastly2.png[/IMG139]

Gastly's also female! I have to admit, I hoped for a male more than a female, but I like her that way! She's cute!
She is Timid and has the egg move Perish Song. I also nicknamed her Soul, which I think is pretty feminine and fitting. Finally, her IV spread is...
31/30/31/31/31/8-9. Wow... Apparently one of the parent had high Attack... Too bad about that underwhelming Speed!

Congratulations on the latest shinies and good luck! :p

EDIT: Pictures added and changed her name, I instead decided to stay with Soul.
So, within 600 eggs, I got a single shiny Gastly. Pretty cool, I'd say. Not too long but not too short hunt. These are my favorites. Like I said above, I'm a little bit disapointed to see Soul's Speed being so low, IV wise (I would have prefered the Defense or Attack being left out because these stats almost have no effect in battle for Gengar), but whatever. She's going to do just fine!
Taking a short break from shiny hunting to concentrate on EV training, levelling up and adjusting the movesets of my shiny Pokémon so that will be done once and for all. I forgot to use the BW2 move tutor for my shiny Reuniclus as I wanted it to be physically oriented and surprise my opponent but I guess I'll have to wait until I can tutor him. :(

Last edited: