• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
So there I was. Route 7. I had bred a Plusle and Minun, both Timid, both with perfect Special Attack and Speed, and both with their Hidden Abilities- Plusle with Lightning Rod, and Minun with Volt Absorb. So now I was EV training them the quickest way I knew how- I had Sweet, my trusty Illumise, summoning hordes through Sweet Scent, and taking out the right hordes with Dazzling Gleam. She had already gone through a couple of Psyduck hordes and even a Roselia horde. And then came a Hoppip horde, and the Hoppip on the far right was green. So I had Sweet take out the other four Hoppip individually with Bug Buzz, and chucked a Heal Ball at the Shiny. And now, once I evolve him, I'm gonna have my fourth Shiny Jumpluff! :D He's got Chlorophyll and a Jolly nature.

Hilde

I've been having luck with shinies lately, as I've been spending a lot of time in the friend safari. Farming lucky eggs I found a shiny lillipup and minccino, and I got a shiny charmeleon in a friend safari.

I haven't evolved my lil pink minccino yet, still trying to figure out a proper moveset for it.

I think shiny charizard looks really good, I already have a high level charizard but considering leveling another one now.

I'm actually trying to "catch em all" so useful pokemon to boost the noobs through the elite 4 for their pokedex entries will always be wanted, so why not shiny ones? :p

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Hi guys! I come back with something!
I started to slowly horde hunt yesterday in the Reflection Cave before I got a giant headache combined with a huge heart ache as well... I was feeling so bad. Fortunately for me, I fell asleep without knowing it and woke up few hours later with nothing with a smile; pain was gone!
So this morning, I continued to hunt while watching few Pokémon episode when suddenly, this baby appeared...

[IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/237938ShinyMimeJr.png[/IMG139]

AAAAAH that thing is a cutie! <3 I always wanted one! And male, too! I'm so glad!
He was right in the middle of the horde so I saw him and his sparkles as soon as the horde came out of the shadow. Right in my face! After a turn of horde, I noticed that he, sadly, was the slowest of the group so I started to wonder if my Timid synchronizer actually worked on him. My synchronizer did work, oddly enough, but you'll see why it was the slowest shortly...
I nicknamed him James for obvious reasons and I thought it fit. I caught him in a Heal Ball, too! His nature is indeed Timid and his ability is Filter, which is what I was hoping for the most. He couldn't be more perfect until I arrived to the IV spread. Moment of truth...
31/31/12-13/31/28-29/1.
I was like "Omg, why!?". Now I understand why he was the slowest despite being Timid! Everything was clear! He has an IV of 1 in Speed! But even horrified by this Speed IV stat, I couldn't believe he actually got 3 perfect IVs and a near perfect one in a horde! I mean... that's wild! Not safari! Wow! Definitely useable in a Trick Room team, let me tell you that. Okay, Timid nature does screw things up a little but whatever, this baby's going to rule!
[IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/555678ShinyMimeJr2.png[/IMG139]

Daaaawh! <3
I finally got my hands on a beautiful male shiny Mime Jr.. I adore him. :3 Never going to evolve this guy, I hate Mr. Mime.
What's more ? For the third time in my life, I can proudly say...

COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETED!

Congratulations on the latest shinies and good luck everyone (here's looking at you, Supremacy!)!

EDIT:
I believe non-breedable (baby pokemon included) wild pokemon will always have 3 perfect IVs in gen VI.
Aaah, you just popped my balloon! Oh well, at least it's good to know. It's probably going to be useful if I decide to have a perfect Azurill one day. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

maldoror

I couldn't believe he actually got 3 perfect IVs and a near perfect one in a horde! I mean... that's wild! Not safari!

I believe non-breedable (baby pokemon included) wild pokemon will always have 3 perfect IVs in gen VI.

★Shiny Sylveon★

I am still on my Masuda Method for Meowth. ^^;
Longest MM yet, hopefully she/he's gonna come out soon :p
Though I won't give up ;)

Again, Good Luck to you fellow Shiny Breeders/Hunters and Wish Me Luck~!

CryHavoc91

Prof. Gengarchomp
Congrats to all the recent shinys!! Especially Missingno. Master with his/her FOURTH JUMPLUFF!!

im currently doing a mass MM. i moved everyone to the bank, except one box for parents. i am gathering eggs 2 boxes at a time. so, i have 2 boxes of fletchling eggs, 2 boxes of eevee eggs, working on 2 boxes of ralts eggs, then itll be honedge, tyrunt, houndour, dratini, spiritomb, beldum, and absol. once this is done, i will do it with all of the starters. at the same time, im SR'ing for Cressilia. so i have one ds in each hand!! thank god you can set up the buttons on X & Y so that the L button is A. so, wish me luck!!

question: does anyone do/know where i can get a shiny card? im a graphic artist by trade, but i have lost interest in doing my own stuff after doing it for customers all day long.

Happy Hunting and good luck to all!

Scrufox86

And hello again everyone! I have more shiny news! I have now gotten my shiny Ferroseed! I don't know why but for some reason I always think shiny Ferroseed is red and gold but when I looked up shiny sprites I realised it is Ferrothorn that is those colours. Oh well that leaves just Forretress and Bronzong I need from the steel safaris now. I think I may have a safari with both in so I may leave this one. Maybe it is time for a time out and hatch those MMed eggs.

Anyways congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck everyone!

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
Nothing still, but I still keep trying. :( 10015 REs for my BQ in B2, 23850 REs for my BQ in HG, and lastly 2265 REs in Y. I really wish something would shine for me soon. Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Supremacy. Hopefully something shines for you soon too.

Last edited:

PokeAmi

Hi guys! I come back with something!
I started to slowly horde hunt yesterday in the Reflection Cave before I got a giant headache combined with a huge heart ache as well... I was feeling so bad. Fortunately for me, I fell asleep without knowing it and woke up few hours later with nothing with a smile; pain was gone!
So this morning, I continued to hunt while watching few Pokémon episode when suddenly, this baby appeared...

[IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/237938ShinyMimeJr.png[/IMG139]

AAAAAH that thing is a cutie! <3 I always wanted one! And male, too! I'm so glad!
He was right in the middle of the horde so I saw him and his sparkles as soon as the horde came out of the shadow. Right in my face! After a turn of horde, I noticed that he, sadly, was the slowest of the group so I started to wonder if my Timid synchronizer actually worked on him. My synchronizer did work, oddly enough, but you'll see why it was the slowest shortly...
I nicknamed him James for obvious reasons and I thought it fit. I caught him in a Heal Ball, too! His nature is indeed Timid and his ability is Filter, which is what I was hoping for the most. He couldn't be more perfect until I arrived to the IV spread. Moment of truth...
31/31/12-13/31/28-29/1.
I was like "Omg, why!?". Now I understand why he was the slowest despite being Timid! Everything was clear! He has an IV of 1 in Speed! But even horrified by this Speed IV stat, I couldn't believe he actually got 3 perfect IVs and a near perfect one in a horde! I mean... that's wild! Not safari! Wow! Definitely useable in a Trick Room team, let me tell you that. Okay, Timid nature does screw things up a little but whatever, this baby's going to rule!
[IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/555678ShinyMimeJr2.png[/IMG139]

Daaaawh! <3
I finally got my hands on a beautiful male shiny Mime Jr.. I adore him. :3 Never going to evolve this guy, I hate Mr. Mime.
What's more ? For the third time in my life, I can proudly say...

COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETED!

Congratulations on the latest shinies and good luck everyone (here's looking at you, Supremacy!)!

EDIT:
Aaah, you just popped my balloon! Oh well, at least it's good to know. It's probably going to be useful if I decide to have a perfect Azurill one day. Thanks! :)

I have to giggle. We both caught a male Shiny Mime Jr. in a horde - Timid nature(completely random) and I also caught it in a Heal Ball xD also got 31 IV in 3 stats but in HP, Sp.Def and Speed :)
and I caught it a day after you(today), if you got it yesterday.

Congrats!

Scrufox86

Oh my... well I deciced that I didn't want to get a duplicate Ferroseed or Excadrill so left that steel type safari. When checking I don't have a steel safari with both Forretress and Bronzong in it so I went into a psychic safari with Munna, Espurr and Duosion. I know I have a male shiny espurr but I really want a female one so I thought ok it'll be a while but just now I have found a shiny Munna! Wow not too long in this safari either so really good. And the Munna is female so I like it more as it seems to fit female more than a male.

Good luck shiny hunters!

DankyKang

Diggersby tho....
Hello there! I have been lurking around on this thread for a while, and I finally got around to joining Serebiiforums.

I've been hunting shinies for a while, and this has yielded me about 27 shinies total, although three of them were traded away. The best ones that I have gotten are probably my Umbreon (Chain. Pt), my Meganium from SS (SR), and my Mudkip that shone after only 88 eggs.

Congratulations on all shinies before this post, and good luck to any ongoing and future hunts. I am currently doing a Venipede MM hunt, no eggs hatched so far, still gathering.

sdotj

Ok so I've been searching for a shiny ivysaur in a friend safari in which I have not revealed the third pokemon in so I can up my chances of finding the shiny ivysaur that I want. The problem is, I've probably exceeded over 1000 encounters with no shinies, even with the shiny charm. Can someone just confirm for me that you can indeed find a shiny in a safari where only 2 of the pokemon can be found? I know this may be a dumb question, but I just want to make sure. Thanks!

Congrats on all the recent shinies everyone, especially that pretty mime jr.!

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Ok so I've been searching for a shiny ivysaur in a friend safari in which I have not revealed the third pokemon in so I can up my chances of finding the shiny ivysaur that I want. The problem is, I've probably exceeded over 1000 encounters with no shinies, even with the shiny charm. Can someone just confirm for me that you can indeed find a shiny in a safari where only 2 of the pokemon can be found? I know this may be a dumb question, but I just want to make sure. Thanks!

Congrats on all the recent shinies everyone, especially that pretty mime jr.!

You can find a shiny in a safari with only two pokemon, you're just having some shoddy luck at the moment. Keep hunting and you'll find it eventually.

---

Well, I was right about the Zubat being female. xD
She shone after 823 eggs, but I do really want a male Zubat so I'm going to keep hunting until I get one. I've just finished collecting 800 eggs for it, so we'll see what happens.
I've also started counting the encounters for Rattata and I'm over 500 so far.

Congratulations to everyone who's gotten a shiny and good luck to all those still hunting!

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
Well since I finally got my shiny beldum the other day I've decided that I'm now going to hunt for a shiny venipede via MM since shiny scolipede looks awesome. :D it looks so dangerous/poisonous which I love lol really hoping it hatches with speed boost.

anywaysi good luck to everyone else who is shiny hunting

Sprinkle

The Eevee life
As per my signature, I've made a huge front in my shiny hunting over the past two days. Sadly none of them are good enough to use competitively aside from my weird timid Glalie set. Once I trade over my 6iv ditto from HG that I got from Pt I'll be MMing some baby pokes.

Mr. Shinx

My favourite 6th gen pokemon has shone for me!!! After 18 days and 4652 SR's, I now have my blue shiny Tyrunt! And he's got Jolly nature! Unbelievable!!

He's my 3rd on my Y BQ after a 4 month hunt for Fennekin and a quick 5 day hunt that ended with a Zigzagoon.

Really hoping this Tyrunt is a good omen for my football team, as they face fierce local rivals tomorrow. Would be a dream weekend for me if Rovers beat Burnley and to have a blue Tyrunt.

Glad I get to play the game for a bit now before I hope to get a shiny Skiddo or Pancham next.

Oh I also found a shiny bunnleby and Litleo a couple of weeks ago. It was on my X version though with the shiny charm, but I really wanted a Litleo.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts and congrats to all recent shinies.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Hey guys, haven't posted here in a long while but congrats to everyone who has gotten a shiny in the past month! Anyways, just wanted to post saying I found this little girl today, and wanted to share her with you! While not one of my luckiest finds (A shiny Grumpig within 4 encounters two days ago, and a Shiny Corsola in three last month), I'm still glad I got the one I was looking for. I can't wait to evolve her into a Volcarona, because I'm sure she'll be beautiful.

Anyways, I'm doing a Friend Safari Challenge, which is basically finding one shiny in all the friend safaris you have. Right now I'm at 3/32, but I'm sure it'll change, so wish me luck.

Another hunt I'm doing is a Magnemite MM, and so far I'm at 90 eggs. I surely hope that coil shines soon :/

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 21