• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

Recently, my Internet's been down, and as such, I've had a lot of spare time to hunt. I've now reached 17,255 SRs for Lugia, but have been feeling a bit more motivated lately, so I'm not too discouraged.

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Congrats on all the recent shinies, and for those hunting (especially TheMaster327), hopefully your targets sparkle soon.

As for me, I'm still working on Chespin, and I've gotten nearly 4 boxes done on the new file giving me somewhere around 800 if not higher (as I lost count when I deleted the first file). I also plan on trying to do a badge quest on White using a specific team (which may be hard to do, but I'm willing to try it) as well as possibly a heartgold badge quest. My current issue, however, is trying to get things off of HG onto 5th generation as both of my 5th generation games are far from beating the elite four. I might just need to rush through white with a random team to get that done.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Congrats to everyone on there shinies!

I recently found a Shiny Larvesta, female, in a Friend Safari. My hunt continues for a Growlithe!

sdotj

Hello everyone, congrats on the recent shinies!

I finally found my shiny ivysaur that I was looking for the other night! Shiny Mega-Venasaur is too cool. Today while hunting for a shiny ninetails, i came across two shiny growlithes within five minutes, so I'm really happy! My hunt continues for a shiny drought ninetails though.

Edit: I Finally found my shiny drought Ninetails!!!!! Her name is Doge lol. She has a lax nature, so I can put her to good use.

Good luck to all hunters!

Last edited:

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Hello everyone, congrats on the recent shinies!

I finally found my shiny ivysaur that I was looking for the other night! Shiny Mega-Venasaur is too cool. Today while hunting for a shiny ninetails, i came across two shiny growlithes within five minutes, so I'm really happy! My hunt continues for a shiny drought ninetails though.

Good luck to all hunters!

You are lucky, wow! I actually am currently hunting for a Growlithe for a friend! No luck yet, but I have found some other shines in the same FS!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Call me crazy but I recently started to hunt for a shiny Mudkip in Heart Gold.

When I got Kyogre, I realized how much fourth generation shinies are great. They are so much more rewarding than the ones in the sixth. Plus, it'd be a great opportunity for me to get one of the Hoenn starters offered in Heart Gold so I said "Why not ?". Resets are taking quite a while, a lot of talking and obviously, the "blue stone" that Steven Stone wants me to choose is at the bottom of the list, so I cannot just press A and keep going. Not to mention they ask if I want to give a nickname to my Mudkip, so... But I guess it cannot be worse than X and Y's starters!

I'll be hunting for Tangela on X as well on a side hunt and once I finish with that, I'll be breeding for a shiny Hawlucha. Love those tropical colors.

Good luck everyone!

EDIT: Ooooh, I just discovered that I could press B, quit the conversation when Steven asks which stone I want and save then. That way, I skip all the unnecessary text and can already answer his question! Great!

Last edited:

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Call me crazy but I recently started to hunt for a shiny Mudkip in Heart Gold.

When I got Kyogre, I realized how much fourth generation shinies are great. They are so much more rewarding than the ones in the sixth. Plus, it'd be a great opportunity for me to get one of the Hoenn starters offered in Heart Gold so I said "Why not ?". Resets are taking quite a while, a lot of talking and obviously, the "blue stone" that Steven Stone wants me to choose is at the bottom of the list, so I cannot just press A and keep going. Not to mention they ask if I want to give a nickname to my Mudkip, so... But I guess it cannot be worse than X and Y's starters!

I'll be hunting for Tangela on X as well on a side hunt and once I finish with that, I'll be breeding for a shiny Hawlucha. Love those tropical colors.

Good luck everyone!

I know 4th gen is my favorite to hunt in. And the sparkles are the best IMO in fourth gen.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys! Its been a long while since I been on here and gotten a shiny. Then all of a sudden i got my first shiny in a while, shiny sligoo! I was going to stay in that safari and go for Shelgon, but in a matter of an hour I got 2 Fraxure instead. So now I have 3 safari fraxures, 1 egg hatched Haxorus, and I haven't even gotten the 2 nature preserve Haxorus' I could get in BW. I could make a whole shiny Haxorus team if i wanted. Lol. But even better news than my sligoo, shiny Honedge FINALLY hatched for me today! It took over 1,140 eggs to get, but I got him! I named him Godric (Harry potter fans should catch on why). But yeah. Now I am safari hunting for Trapinch and hatching Beldum!

Good luck everyone and congrats on those who have been lucky lately!

Georg3

Team Magma cultist
Have to say Gen6 has been a bit of a downer for shinies as I've not encountered one yet -you lucky fellas- but I remember Gen5 being an incredibly easy game to get legendries, I caught a shiny Deerling, Ferroseed and even a shiny Kyurem, my only shiny legendry but hey I'm still hinting for shinies in Y.

shinycharizard06

DiversePokemonMaster
shiny hunting in the friend safaris is harder than I thought. any tips? so far I've had no luck but if anyone has extra shinies they wouldn't mind trading me please pm me I can try to make the best offer I can my ones for trade are a shiny gyrados (in heavy ball), a shiny garbodor, and a shiny Mawile plus mega stone. I have a shiny staraptor or JAP zoroark thats negotiable if theres a great offer. other shinies are charizard and lucario not for trade FC: 2750-1612-8351. best of luck on shiny hunts!

Rotifer

So I've been lurking around for a while, but finally decided to make an account after a flood of recent shiny luck!

In the past month I've gotten a hold of a shiny snivy (named him Asmodeus) in about 500 eggs. I also got a shiny seviper (named Ulupi) from the friend safari after having bagged two purple ariados... duplicates are frustrating, but she's so adorable that it was worth it!
Now, while horde hunting for a shiny starly on route 11, I came across a shiny nidoran male (named the little sucker Bancroft). I'm really happy with him, but wish that starly could have sparkled instead... I never was able to complete a chain for starly in platinum, so it's one of those pokemon I have always been envious of.
If starly shines soon I might move on to hunt cubone, which has long been a favorite. Who knows, I might make the community hunt!
I think I'll like it here!

And congratulations to ShadowRadon on that bulbasaur... If only all hunts were that fast!

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
So I've been lurking around for a while, but finally decided to make an account after a flood of recent shiny luck!

In the past month I've gotten a hold of a shiny snivy (named him Asmodeus) in about 500 eggs. I also got a shiny seviper (named Ulupi) from the friend safari after having bagged two purple ariados... duplicates are frustrating, but she's so adorable that it was worth it!
Now, while horde hunting for a shiny starly on route 11, I came across a shiny nidoran male (named the little sucker Bancroft). I'm really happy with him, but wish that starly could have sparkled instead... I never was able to complete a chain for starly in platinum, so it's one of those pokemon I have always been envious of.
If starly shines soon I might move on to hunt cubone, which has long been a favorite. Who knows, I might make the community hunt!
I think I'll like it here!

And congratulations to ShadowRadon on that bulbasaur... If only all hunts were that fast!

That's awesome! I finally got that shiny Growlithe, thanks to sdotj (You Rock!)
Now, I'm going to hunt for a shiny for myself! Either Eevee or Pidgey!
And. I actually have a story with my shiny Starly, which is now a Staraptor. I got him in Platinum by randomly PokeRadaring! I know you will get one if your own! ;)

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Congrats to sdotj, KittyKitty3308 on Sliggoo, 2 Fraxures, and Honedge, ShadowRaidon on Bulbasaur, Rotifer on Snivy, Seviper, 2 Ariados, and Nidoran-M, and Symphony on Growlithe! And congrats to everyone on the many, many, many pages it has been since I last posted - I read all of your posts and congrats on all of your shinies!

@Rotifer - the Biologist in me needs to know if your name is based on the cute little microscopic rotifers that you find mostly in freshwater :) They're so adorable!

The reason that I haven't posted in a while is that I've been having a shiny drought for several weeks now - I haven't gotten any shinies outside of trading since my two Cranidos, one of which I traded for a shiny Pichu. I've been hatching Ekans eggs for the past few days, both for an order for my shop and also because our Community Hunt is about green Pokemon for St. Patty's day, and also snakes! I've always liked Ekans and Arbok, and probably about 200 eggs in (I haven't been counting, but I hatched a LOT of eggs to get a specific IV spread/nature/ability/gender/Dream Ball/moves on this thing) I got a shiny male x/31/31/31/x/31 Intimidate Ekans with Switcheroo/Iron Tail/Beat Up/Sucker Punch in a Dream Ball! It's probably been a good several hundred eggs since my last hatched shiny; definitely over the 200 I've hatched for Ekans.

COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!! Yeaaah!!!

[IMG300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2292_zpsd8e04727.jpg[/IMG300]

This picture is awesome:

[IMG300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2295_zps874fc45c.jpg[/IMG300]

Growlie19

Been awhile since I've posted, but other than a repeat Swablu with 2 0 IVs, I've gotten nothing to shine. :(

Right now, I'm hunting for a Braixen, Ponyta, or Gogoat in Y while SRing for Virizion in Black 2. Good luck to everyone hunting!

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats to PKMN Trainer Gray on Watchog and Froakie, Symphony on Larvesta, TheEmeraldKnight on Gulpin, sdotj on Ivysaur, KittyKitty3308 on Sliggoo, Fraxure, and Honedge, Rotifer on Snivy, Seviper, Ariados, and Nidoran, and varanus_komodoensis on Ekans!

OH MY DAYUM!
after 576 SRs!, shiny bulbasaur has shined!
Pic:http://s932.photobucket.com/user/Voltpon3/media/IMAG0007_zpsc410f2b1.jpg.html
Insane! Going to transfer this up to 4th gen immediately!

Nice! My shiny Venusaur on FireRed is one of my all-time favorite shinies, mainly because it's the longest hunt I've ever had lol. Congrats!

As for Zapdos, I'm at 1,930 SRs. I probably won't even touch my X until after I finish this hunt, which may not be for quite awhile.

Good luck everyone!

Kyle Clarthy

Heya guys and girls! Congrats to everyone, as usual. Half congrats/sympathies to CP for that Magby... It's nice to get a shiny, sure, but Growlithe is an evil, evil Pokémon that must shine for you soon. Hopefully it does! Fingers crossed for you, as well as anyone else struggling with their hunt lately.

Well, I'm back with a new shiny! After I got Woodrow the Sudowoodo, I continued with the game and eventually got to the Lake of Rage and started completing the plot around there. I eventually found myself in the Rocket HQ running around causing havoc with Lance. We got to the Electrode machine and I felt this sudden urge to maybe try and see how I go with a Runaway Hunt. I began hunting and the more I did it the more I wanted a shiny Electrode. It was just one of those things that sort of took on a life of its own. It wasn't a planned thing, but I thought I should take the opportunity while I had it and then it got more exciting the longer it went on. Just when was this ball going to turn blue? It took me a week, basically for this to appear:

[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0092.jpg?t=1394930383[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0093.jpg?t=1394930385[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0094.jpg?t=1394930384[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0095.jpg?t=1394930385[/img139]

It is such an amazing blue. I was afraid I might have missed one because I've been watching TV at the same time, and it's easy to go through the motions of fleeing a battle without really paying attention sometimes. Anyway, I had my game in sleep mode, but hunting for an hour and a half wasn't doing anything for me, so I decided to reset. After half an hour - Kaboom! I saw this blue shape rush across the screen and the shock washed over my body. Pretty cool. I have no idea what sort of moveset to even give him ... or her.

I have to laugh at the last picture. I can't really imagine an Electrode stretching out. Unless it looked like a deflated basket ball or something?

I have a hunch what my next hunt will be, but I'm not too sure right now. We'll have to see what happens.

Good luck, everyone!

Laurelai

Ok! I now have bred a 6IV female Cubone and a 5IV french male, both with Rock Head. Hopefully the imp in my DS won't hold it against me and cause another 2000+ egg hunt!