• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

I've reached 17,953 SRs for Lugia now, and should hopefully have some more time to spend hunting this week.

Good luck to everyone hunting!

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
Yaaay! I finally got my shiny trevenant after a lot of horde encounters (don't know exactly how much)

In the process I found 3 shiny foongus :p but I accidently ran away from the first 1 but yaaay! Trevenant is awesome

Bkdevil

Breeding Addict
After 600 eggs I hatched my shiny Brave (31,31,31,31,31,xx) Carbink. I also hatched a 4IV one and one with bad IVs.
Just now captured a shiny Shelgon in Safari zone, too bad its timid...

EDIT: And voila, a shiny Audino popped up!

Congrats to all recent shinies and good luck to those hunting!

Congrats =)
I'm at 665 eggs for Ralts D=
You've been pretty lucky with your MM, you get what, 1 shiny every 250 eggs?
Good luck eveyone!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Gnghgnhnhgngnhggnhgnh...
FIFTH shiny Quilladin appeared on this quest to get a single shiny Tangela... *sigh* Modest nature (Quiet synchronizer didn't work) and perfect Attack IV... Off you go to Wonder Trade!
Guess it's on to phase 7 for Tangela!
But still, I'm kinda grateful it takes me so long, as I hate the shiny odds in the Friend Safari. It's really as if I was hunting for it with higher odds.

Congrats on the latest shinies (especially on that nice Rattata, Cpchris!) and good luck to everyone who needs it (hang in there, TheMaster327!)!

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion

Lillipup shone! It is mine once again!

Again, I was watching football (or soccer, but I hate that word) and I glanced down to see the yellow puppy and the sparkles it brought, which utterly shocked me of course :p

I chucked two Premier Balls at it before I succeeded in catching it.

So, the pics will show you it got a Relaxed nature and that it is female. Funnily enough, the first Lillipup might've had the same nature as well o_O

Here's the rest of the pics, including some shockingly (heh) bad ones. Enjoy!

So, congrats on the recent shinies (especially Supremacy on Farfetch'd amongst the others!) and good luck to Gligari / TheMaster327 / The Ones with Long Hunts and such...sorry I can't remember who needs the luck :/

To whoever accidentally congratulated me on Lillipup a while ago...you can congratulate me now :p

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
So i know this seems pretty simple. But im on a mission for a shiny Steelix/Onix as one of my faves of all time. Best places/Methods?

MM'ing is the method with the highest odds, but if you have a friend with a Rock safari that holds onix, that is probably the most effective method in X/Y.

nickM

I just hatched a shiny gastly! ^^ i'm soo happy right now :D

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

While EV training my Sableye in HP I found a shiny Whismur in the last HP horde I needed. She was the one second in from the left. She has a Quirky nature and her ability is Soundproof. She's so cute. I won't be evolving her as I don't like Loudred or Exploud as much and their shiny colours aren't as nice either IMO.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Scrufox86

Oh right!!! Ok so I am in a ghost safari that has Shuppet and Dusclops as I need those two ghosts to have all Friend Safari ghosts and I find a shiny Shuppet! I am now gonna keep trying for a shiny Dusclops.

Congrats to all new shinies and good luck to all shiny hunters!

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Congratulations of all of the shinies. I admire the perseverance and determination of everyone on extremely long hunts. Good luck!

If I catch a shiny Nincada and evolve it will both Ninjask and Shedinja be shiny?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congratulations of all of the shinies. I admire the perseverance and determination of everyone on extremely long hunts. Good luck!

If I catch a shiny Nincada and evolve it will both Ninjask and Shedinja be shiny?

As far as I know, yes they will.

Scrufox86

Oh my..... I cannot believe this.... I just got a 2nd shiny Shuppet! lol not long after that first one. But I will keep going for my Shiny Dusclops. Wow two within such a small amount of time i did not expect that. Oh well at least i can evolve one and keep one as it is.

Congrats to all new shinies and good luck to all shiny hunters!

EDIT - OH my I just found my 2nd shiny Pumpkaboo!!! (the first one was a little while ago and was my milestone 900th shiny) was not expecting a triple whammy from this friend safari and all so close together. But I still want my shiny Dusclops lol.

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
And as a little bonus, here are pics of my now-evolved Patrat on my White version!:

Good luck everyone! I've started REing on Route 3 as part of a possible White BQ, and I hope to RE with a Static lead for Blitzle too. Trading over something to do that with first though.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Well, I'm back with not one, but THREE new shinies!

[spoil]Shiny 1:

Shiny Furfrou!

I had started this hunt a while back, but only got 30 eggs hatched before other targets took priority. After Shinx, I picked up the hunt again, and 220 eggs later, I got this awesome black poodle.

Next up, Shiny 2:

Shiny Dedenne!

After I got Furfrou, I decided that I was going to breed for Dedenne. I had always wanted one, but I never had the time, as other hunts were more interesting. I was IV breeding for a hex flawless, so I got 2 boxes of eggs and egg 53 was shiny! I was floored to say the least, she came out of nowhere. She did luck out and get 5 flawless IVs though, so I was pretty happy for that.

~
Now to the newest of the 3 shinies:

After getting Dedenne, I decided I was going to try and rebreed for a shiny Unburden Treecko. A few weeks ago, I got a shiny Treecko, but he had Overgrow, so I decided to try for a second.

I had gathered 4 boxes yesterday and 4 today, hoping that at least one of them was shiny. I was waiting for a phone call, so I was hatching Treecko eggs, and the 12th egg on box 4:

Shiny Treecko hatched! I was saying 'please be Unburden' over and over again, but when I saw the ability, it was Overgrow ;-;. I'm happy with this shiny Treecko but was really hoping for Unburden. Still going to be hoping that one of the eggs in the other 4 boxes is shiny with Unburden, but it is probably back to the drawing board.[/spoil]

~

Now this part of my post is mostly for TheMaster327.

A few weeks ago, I had just caught my 6th shiny Giratina in Platinum(what can I say, Giratina is my favorite 4th gen shiny EVER so I wanted an ARMY), and I had no idea what my next target was going to be.

After beating the E4, Master suggested I hunt for the birds cause I was stuck on what to hunt. He told me that I wouldn't last a day hunting them, so I decided to prove him wrong.

I easily found Moltres and Zapdos, successfully fainting them after seeing them twice. For some reason, Articuno kept fleeing from the area it was in and completely skipping the route I was close to every time. After nearly half an hour of chasing it, I was met with this surprise:

SHINY FRICKING ARTICUNO! Only 39 SRs into the hunt, I got a shiny bird! Master was right when he said I wouldn't last a day, but not in the way we thought. I felt soooo bad that I got a shiny bird while he has spent over a year hunting them, and I never even hunted them 12 HOURS. I totally didn't deserve this shiny, especially in such a short time.

Shiny Articuno made up for the short SR count when it took me over 7 hours to catch the darn thing! My Ball of choice was a Premier Ball, as I thought the ball color fit Articuno pretty well(and I prefer to catch roamer shinies in Pokeballs/Premier Balls).

I originally wanted to catch it on one of the snowy routes, but the hail was part of why it took so long to catch. My Smeargle couldn't withstand the hail and kept fainting every time, so I decided to move to Route 208. The first attempt on the route was successful, when only 10 Premier Balls snagged it!
It was easily one of my hardest roamer shinies to catch only because of the route I wanted it on, but it was a lot easier than my shiny Raikou to catch. Shiny Articuno ended up with a Naive nature and could potentially have flawless Special Defence(the nature doesn't help this part though :p).

Few more pics:
Trainer ID
Naive nature
Sparkles
And a couple videos first time seeing this awesome shiny and capture here

Once again, I wish TheMaster327 loads of luck on finally getting your shiny bird, you deserved this way more than I did. Hope one of those pretty birds shines for you soon! Congrats to all the new shinies, especially AquaRegisteel on reclaiming your shiny Lillipup.

Last edited:

Keovix

Manakete-Girl on Mareep and Goomy, Dangertrout on Nidorin and Doduo, Tyrantrum on Rhyperior, Pansear, Nosepass and Mareep, JohnNiles on Scyther, Pacham, Aipom and Mawile, llr on Seviper, Spinda and Tranquil, maldoror on Throh, Boldore and Murkrow, Scrufox86 on Pyroar, Pumpkaboo and Shuppet, Maractus and Tangela, The Prince of May on Quilladin, Kunazami on Eeevee, Ponymon on Larvesta, professorj15 on Scyther and Murkrow, pokemaster13 on Skorupi and Chikorita, Supremacy on Weedle and Farfetch'd, Vaksa on Gastly, Illusione-Tempus on Landorus, Cyberra on Mienfoo, Nosepass and Golett, Ze DreamGirl on Rufflet, Greedy Chibi on Zorua, Durant, Whismur and Sandshrew, nickM on Klefki and Gastly, TheGreaterLucario on Quilladin, Sligoo, Dragonair, Delibird, Sneasel and Ursaring, Tsukuyomi56 on Giglar, Cpchris on Rattata, CallMyName on Absol, Pokemon X Master Girl on Meowth, ohjeezitskim on Ditto, LullabyVullaby on Mienfoo, Shao-May on Froakie, Thunder09 on Magikarp, eiger on Carbink and Audino, !jirachi! on Trevenant and Foongus, Storm_Dragoon on Furfrou, Treecko and Articuno and special congrats to AquaRegisteel on Lillipup, now I got it right :D

Yesterday after 17774 SR's, Lugia shone! usually I don't get too excited when a shiny appears but this time I did, it appeared in HG which is the game with less SR's, I really wanted to catch it with a premier ball and I managed to do it previously while practicing but this time it didn't work so I used the master ball.

Lugia1_zps376131d1.jpg

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/keovix/Keovix%20Shinies/Lugia2_zps2292daee.jpg
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/keovix/Keovix%20Shinies/DSCN2432_zpsed0117c6.jpg
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/keovix/Keovix%20Shinies/DSCN2434_zps67420960.jpg

It has Hardy nature and these are it's IV's
HP:18-19
Attack: 23-24
Defense: 0-1
Sp. Attack: 23-24
Sp. Defense: 17-17
Speed: 23-24

My next target is Ho-Oh and I'm already at the Bell Tower SR for it in both HG&SS.

My other hunts:
Latias 4100 SR in W2
Regigigas 525 SR in B2

Good luck to everyone hunting!

lucarioisawesome

Who did this to me!
Today, I did 250 RE in the friend safari. No shinies yet but I'm still trying ^^. Quick question though, if I see a shiny but not capture it does the shiny sprite appear in my pokedex?

SheroGH

Well, I was trying to get a shiny pidgey or a hoothoot in route 30 in Soul Silver and this thing decided to appeared after 1384 RE's XD My first shiny by random encounters...

weas.jpg

I left it in the pc because I dont want to give it randoms EV's. My next target will be gastly in Sprout Tower but I have a question, when everyone hunt a pokemon that only appears at night do you change the hour or just wait until the night ?

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
EEEEEEEEEH!

While I was hatching a good competitive Zubat, a Shiny Zubat came out! I thank the German 5IV Fletching I got today for the breeding process.

It's Jolly...but unfortunately, its flawless IVs are missing Attack and Defense. Drat. Oh well, I wasn't going for a Shiny specifically.