• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
The only shiny I ever gen'd was back in gen 5, I made a shiny Magnezone. It was really the only shiny I wanted and I wasn't going to get one any other way. Needless to say I don't feel accomplished or anything about it.

While I respect people that have a team of shinnies I think it makes them look a bit...less valuable if you have a whole team of them? Or rather makes you look a bit suspicious. I myself would be just fine having a team with 1 at max 2 shinnies. Then again i'd be happy for any since I've never gotten one on my own through legit means. I've had one's given to me or gen'd, but not my own. I guess it's mainly because I don't like a lot of the shiny pokemon, i'm kinda picky.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
It depends on how you look at it. If they use Power saves or any other cheating device like almost half the people who play Pokemon, then I don't respect them at all. Especially if they use Power saves (yes there is a difference)

If you actually took the time to get all the shinies yourself then that is something to respect 100%, I have been down this road and it almost takes me a week to breed a shiny Pokemon. Props to those shiny hunters.

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Well, I traded my shiny Quilava over to another game in order to restart SS.
Gonna dual hunt in both HG and SS for either Cyndaquil or Totodile to start a new badge quest, then go back to Sprout Tower to reclaim Rattata. Should work out better this time around.

---

To get back on topic, no matter what patterns the parents have, the offspring will always be your native pattern, correct? Also, are Safari Vivillons always the friend's pattern or also all your native pattern? I seem to only have Polar friends if it's the former.

The Friend Safari Vivillon patterns are based on your region.

Last edited:

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
It kind of bothers me when people gen shinies and act like they're legit shinies or brag about about them. Kind devalues the shiny team I spent months hatching eggs for. think I've hatched almost 8000 eggs now and still going but that's because I enjoy working for my shinies and I respect any one who also works for their shiny or there iv bred pokemon.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I dont really care, and trust me I RNGed over 200 pokes to be shinny and have 4-5ivs since 4th gen. Clock tampering man nothing out of the ordinary so dont judge me.

Anyways 6th gen made it so easy to get 5ivs and to MM while at it that it has pretty much lost its shine to me, I mean I still use my shinny MegaGardy(Kalos Born) from time to time but I dont need a team full of shinnies to feel big, Lets be honest most of tne new shinnies are damm ugly...I gave away my shinny greninja just because I hated it...Well its all about opinions, I really dont care.

★Shiny Sylveon★

I have a big list of Shiny Pokemon ^^
Though, they are Kalos bred and legit. =]

My friend only gens me breeding pairs, thats it, but I will never trade Genned Pokemon without the other person knowing it was genned, ;)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Egg count: 3,330

Shiny count: 0

Black 2 is punishing me for the quick hunts I did with poochyena and mienfoo. Cpchris and I are more or less in the same boat... Different hunt methods, same problem: growlithe being a pain in the butt. Egg collection for round 10 is underway. Really hoping this sucker doesn't try to challenge my hunt record for roggenrola... trying for electrike's spot as my second longest MM is bad enough.

@Cryuel - Yes, no matter what the parents are the offspring will be your native pattern. I'm breeding a Japanese ditto with a continental-pattern vivillon and I hatched a polar. As for vivillons in friend safaris... I really have no clue. Someone else will have to answer that one.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
.....would be better if we don't talk about value of shinies, especially hacked ones :)

Anyway

Shiny Froakie on egg #592 :D

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/s-froakie_zps41e772ac.jpg[/img139]

So now I have three Shiny Froakie, which means now I can get the entire line in shiny form.

And that also means now I can focus on my CH hunt, let's see how many eggs until Seedot shines :p

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Well I had my surgery yesterday, so I didn't get much hunting done. I'll probably do some hunting today since I'm feeling better. Spirtzee is at 215 eggs, while phase 4 for Scatterbug is around 700 REs. I'm thinking if I don't get shiny Scatterbug this phase, I'll move to route 2 for it since there are less Pokemon in that route. Thing is, Scatterbug is uncommon in that route, but I've already gotten the 'rare' Weedle, and Panpour so I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. Let's see how the phase turns out, though.

Gratz on the recent shinies, especially that Raikou! Good luck everyone. :]

edit: Are you kidding me right now!?

I just decided to do some hunting, then bam, shiny Caterpie >.<! Yea ok, I'm trying my luck out with Route 2 now. Let's see how this goes...

Last edited:

Scrufox86

Wow I finally have my shiny Illumise and can leave this safari now. I know I did not get a shiny Heracross but I think I have another bug safari with that in it otherwise I think I will most likely MM Heracross.

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck shiny hunters!

Laurelai

.....would be better if we don't talk about value of shinies, especially hacked ones :) .....

In all fairness, this subject was started as another thread and merged with this one. =/ I don't use RNG or cloned shinies, but many people do, so the discussion is a valid one. I think just because the subjest of a thread is regarding shinies, it maybe ought not be lumped with a 700+ page discussing shinies due to the limits of this particular shiny thread.

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Hello everyone!

Finally after 41 boxes of caterpie eggs ~1.200 eggs

I finally hatched my shiny caterpie. It's a boy with a serious nature and I don't care about IV's :D So happy I finally got him after a month of MMing.

Congratz everyone who has gotten a shiny since my last post and I wish the best of luck to the people still searching for their shinies!

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats on all the shinies since my last post!

Yesterday I hatched a Shiny Flabebe after 110 eggs! I received a great White Flower Flabebe through Wonder Trade a while back, and after seeing Florges' amazing shiny form, I decided to make it my next MM hunt. Well, only two days of hunting later, I got my shiny! Her name is Fleur and she has a Calm nature with perfect IVs in everything but Attack and Sp. Attack. Once I figure out how I want to EV train her, I'll evolve her into that gorgeous white Florges. I also made a bit of progress on my SoulSilver BQ - did 400 REs yesterday, bringing my total number of encounters on Route 32 to 3900. Meanwhile, Fennekin is at 855 SRs. And I'll see what I get from Wonder Trading my non-shiny Flabebes so I can decide what I want to MM next.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

Unoin

I found a shiny Pidgey in HG after a few RE's trying to catch a cut slave. Just a shame, I encountered it in Kanto, as now it's too weak to go in my team and I don't want to grind it all the way past level 50

Scrufox86

Um ok so I am back with another shiny. Wow I am loving friend safari. I have just found a 2nd floette but this one is a shiny Blue Flower Floette! so I have a shiny red and blue one now. The only thing I find odd about the friend safari is that the orange and white flower Floette are not found there...

Well once again congrats to all new shinies and good luck to all shiny hunters! I am so jealous of that shiny Protean Froakie are so little eggs (just under 600). I have hatched two shiny Torrent Froakie but have hatched over 3500-3800 eggs which works out about 1800 eggs per shiny Froakie.... I am so annoyed at my X version for not being good with MM shinies. However it is brilliant with Friend Safari shinies since getting the shiny charm.

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
Alright! just found a shiny Ponyta! this is amazing, I've always wanted one shiny, they just look incredible!

Edit: I actually almost ran from her as I wasn't playing attention when she appeared, and when I looked down the camera had her off screen. I'm glad I waited that extra second to see if she was shiny or not

congrats on all shinies since my last post

Last edited:

Possibly

I recently posted on how I hatched a shiny Eevee, my first self-earned shiny in any generation..

But I've gotten a few others in trades, accidently. In X I have a shiny Rayquaza and Beldum. Any way to tell if they were legit?

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/SpNnv2p.jpg[/IMG200]

After about two months of off-and-on searching, I finally found my shiny Petilil!! Its nature isn't too desirable, though... So I'm trying again XD

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I recently posted on how I hatched a shiny Eevee, my first self-earned shiny in any generation..

But I've gotten a few others in trades, accidently. In X I have a shiny Rayquaza and Beldum. Any way to tell if they were legit?

Congrats on Eevee! To tell if Rayquaza and Beldum are legal, visit the Hack-Check Thread. It's in the 5th Gen subforum, but we're still using that thread for hack-checking because a 6th Gen one hasn't been approved yet.

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Currently hunting in an Ice Friend Safari for a Snorunt since it learns hail. It's also got Dewgong in too which is viable for the CH, and Bergmite which I think are adorable and whilst it doesn't go towards the CH, I'll be happy with one.

Since all three are good right now (Dewgong, you are useful for once :p), that's probably why I've been in here for two evenings and nada!