• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on all of the recent shinies since my last post!

So yesterday I was playing Earthbound and was at the point in the game, The Lost Underworld, where you encounter enemies called Chomposaurs which drop a rare weapon (Magic Fry Pan) for one of your characters, Paula. This weapon, among a few others, has a 1/128 chance of being dropped. So while I was Chomposaur/Magic Fry Pan hunting I was doing some wonder trading in Y and got a Finneon. I decided to go level it up in Victory Road until it evolved so I could get Lumineon in my Pokedex. Well after a few encounters in Victory Road and while I was fighting a Chomposaur in Earthbound, I heard a roar and soon after the shiny sound. I looked down at my 3DS screen and saw this staring at me...
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0330_zpsbd5454ec.jpg[/IMG139]
a lovely and random shiny Druddigon! I've been contemplating on hunting one in the 5th gen for a while so this was a nice surprise! I love it's shiny colors. Unfortunately I didn't have my False Swiper on me and aside from Talonflame my whole team was under level 59/60 so I couldn't send out any other pokemon to weaken or status it without risking the battle ending due to Dragon Tail. It actually did give me a scare there when it did use Dragon Tail on Talonflame since I keep forgetting that Battle ending moves (Roar, Whirlwind, Dragon Tail, etc.) no longer work on higher leveled opponents since gen 5. Eventually Druddigon got burned and at the second to last sliver of HP I managed to catch it in a Nest Ball! I almost had to use my Master Ball, If that last Nest Ball failed I was going to use my Master Ball since the burn damage would have KOed her. More pictures and video: OT/ID, Summary, Full 3DS Shot, Video.

Hp: 6
Attack: 16
Defense: 8
Sp.Attack: 28
Sp.Defense: 7
Speed: 29

Typhlox

Typhlosion Trainer
Oh. My. God. I can't handle this.

So as I stated a few pages ago, I decided to restart my BadgeQuest on SoulSilver as it's been awhile since I've hunted at full odds, and I really want a good challenge. Well, I've been soft-resetting for one of the starters, and honestly I would have been happy with any of the three, as all of Gen II's starters have amazing shinies. So I'm watching the Avenger's on my computer (I've been in a Marvel mood since I saw Cap 2 yesterday) and just soft-resetting during, as it's a lot easier to hunt while something else is going on. I look down from my screen to check the batch that I was on, and this little guy was staring at me.

After 1382 SR's
Cyndaquil shone!

I could not be more happy. The Cyndaquil line has always been my favorite starter line, and I've always wanted a shiny Typhlosion, I've just never gotten around to hunting for one. As much as the other two would have been great, I'm glad the game decided it was going to start this BadgeQuest off in the best way it possibly could: by giving me my favorite shiny starter.

He's male and has Docile as a nature, so I'm glad it's a neutral nature rather than a hindering. He even has the possibility of max IVs in Speed based on his characteristic. Congrats to everyone who has gotten a shiny recently (all of your luck seemed to rub off on me!!!), and for all of those still hunting, may your targets shine soon.

Attachments

• Cyndaquil.jpg
    Cyndaquil.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Wasthereonce

The Ghost Master
Got a shiny Audino today. It was pretty surprising!

SheroGH

Congratz in all the recent shinys!!

Well, I was bored today and started to do some chain fishing for a shiny dratini but instead I caught two shiny basculin u.u

So, I will trying again hoping that shines soon D:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Recently caught my eleventh Gen 6 shiny, a Mareep. I find it strange most of my Gen 6 shinies came from horde encounters so far.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Well another 125 Seedot eggs hatched and no reds among them.

But I did think about an idea for May's CH. Obviously the 1st of May is May Day in a lot of countries. Taking "May Day" the term, rather than the holiday, as being a call of distress I though about maybe a two parter. One for Pokemon with the move Helping Hand and one with Assist?

I like that idea - either that, or getting shiny versions of any Pokemon that May's owned :D

mellowrush

I'm loving the friend safari feature as never before as I find one of my favourite Pokémon ever in an altered colour form: Charmeleon!
The picture is not so good, but I assure you is yellow as a warm ray of sun...but not for long, since I plan to have a marvelous shiny Charizard ^.^
Shiny Charmeleon.jpg
It's my first shiny starter too!

Rain Dance

It's Raining Again..
Congrats on all of the recent shinies since my last post!

So yesterday I was playing Earthbound and was at the point in the game, The Lost Underworld, where you encounter enemies called Chomposaurs which drop a rare weapon (Magic Fry Pan) for one of your characters, Paula. This weapon, among a few others, has a 1/128 chance of being dropped. So while I was Chomposaur/Magic Fry Pan hunting I was doing some wonder trading in Y and got a Finneon. I decided to go level it up in Victory Road until it evolved so I could get Lumineon in my Pokedex. Well after a few encounters in Victory Road and while I was fighting a Chomposaur in Earthbound, I heard a roar and soon after the shiny sound. I looked down at my 3DS screen and saw this staring at me...
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0330_zpsbd5454ec.jpg[/IMG139]
a lovely and random shiny Druddigon! I've been contemplating on hunting one in the 5th gen for a while so this was a nice surprise! I love it's shiny colors. Unfortunately I didn't have my False Swiper on me and aside from Talonflame my whole team was under level 59/60 so I couldn't send out any other pokemon to weaken or status it without risking the battle ending due to Dragon Tail. It actually did give me a scare there when it did use Dragon Tail on Talonflame since I keep forgetting that Battle ending moves (Roar, Whirlwind, Dragon Tail, etc.) no longer work on higher leveled opponents since gen 5. Eventually Druddigon got burned and at the second to last sliver of HP I managed to catch it in a Nest Ball! I almost had to use my Master Ball, If that last Nest Ball failed I was going to use my Master Ball since the burn damage would have KOed her. More pictures and video: OT/ID, Summary, Full 3DS Shot, Video.

Hp: 6
Attack: 16
Defense: 8
Sp.Attack: 28
Sp.Defense: 7
Speed: 29

Gosh that was close! Congrats on the awesome shiny!

Anyway I've decided to give Vanillite a rest, so I am now MMing for Chingling! I've always had a soft spot for the cutie <33

Cyberra

pain in the ***
FINALLY!!!

After 4,063 eggs, look what finally decided to make its appearance

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6273_zps08d28da0.jpg[/IMG139]

Most well-deserved name ever. This little bugger was one more hatching round away from beating out electrike for the title of second longest MM hunt.

Next target will be deerling. I was going to do shinx next, but I have no idea how long the hunt will take and I want winter-form sawsbuck. I have a female DW deerling and a male Japanese sawsbuck to breed, so we'll see if the DW ability passes down. Once I get deerling, then I'll go after shinx.

Kyle Clarthy

Hey guys!

I've been hunting most of the afternoon and I was just thinking to myself most of the day how hilarious it would be to actually find my target, but knowing it wouldn't happen. Ah well, I just kept at it. In the evening I was watching TV and SRing at the same time, carefully analysing the screen each time the Pokémon appeared. And what do you know?! It did!!! Of course I didn't even see it the time it shone until I heard it ... It's like it knows the moment you're not paying attention and decides to erupt in the most explosive way.

[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0108.jpg?t=1396873347[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0109.jpg?t=1396873652[/img139]

The battle was awful. My shiny Rayquaza was the most awful battle I've had, and Lugia was definitely up there as well.

Basically, I sent out Zango, my Zangoose. He False Swiped Lugia four times, until Lugia was at 1 HP. I got carried away throwing Dusk Balls without putting him to sleep, but not one of them shook. I had Hilton there, and I really shouldn't have had her as I reflect back on the battle, but my plan was to use Kenya the Spearow to take a hit while I switch in Hilton to Spore Lugia during a period where Safeguard wouldn't be in play. I didn't start off with Hilton because I was worried about Aeroblast blasting Hilton to bits ... and that's exactly what happened! I revived her with a Max Revive and Zango bit the bullet in her place, so I switched Hilton back in.

Lugia shot off an Ancient Power. Okay, okay ... Hilton, hang in there. You can stop dying now. Nope. Critical hit! I was a little angry. I have no idea whether the Ancient Power would have KOed Hilton normally or not, but it's typical that a critical hit has to happen at a crucial moment. So, I set up for Hilton to switch in again, reviving her, and switching to Chompers, my shiny Feraligatr. Chompers was a great help, fainting with one hit. Hilton switched in again, fainting to an Aeroblast.

I was getting really worried at this point because Lugia had been able to rampage the entire time without any status attack hindering him, so his PP was dropping ... and fast!

Zango was up and ready again. I started throwing Dusk Balls, over and over. Nothing shook! Not even once! It was really looking hopeless. It started using Safeguard over and over. I knew it was coming up to the end. I didn't actually count PP, but I knew that the other moves were 5 each, so this wasn't making me feel very good. Okay, yes, I had a Master Ball, and I don't mean to sound like I'm overly dramatic or stupid, but I don't really like using Master Balls. I know other people feel the same way.

Well, a couple more turns went by, and not one Dusk Ball was making much of a dent. I actually hovered over the Master Ball and was about to use it, but for some reason I thought, "It can't have been 15 Safeguards yet. I'm just going to try one more Dusk Ball."

[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0110.jpg?t=1396873650[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0113.jpg?t=1396873647[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0111.jpg?t=1396873653[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0116.jpg?t=1396873654[/img139]

I couldn't believe it. That one Dusk Ball must have been lucky!

Speaking of luck, this has been a really insane experience for me. For those who have followed my posts, I have managed to successfully SR for Latios, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Totodile, Sudowoodo, Electrode, Ho-oh ... and now Lugia ... and while I want to make it clear that I do put in the effort to hunt these guys, I have been really really lucky and this hasn't really taken me too long at all. I never would have expected all of this to happen in these first few months.

I am still on a bit of a high. Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope that those who are having trouble finding their targets get lucky soon. Just stick with it. I know, we hear that all the time, but try not to get too depressed about it. Good luck to Master, of course. We're all rooting for you. You have a couple of days left, so stay positive. Still hoping that Growlithe shines for CP, too.

Take care, guys ... and gals!

Dangertrout

I've been mostly playing through my Y file lately, but yesterday I decided to run around in the FS while doing some trades.
I did maybe 10 encounters before reclaiming my shiny stunfisk ^_^
Might hunt for Dwebble next

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
Oh well an unexpected surprise... I am in a bug safari hunting for shiny Paras and I found a shiny Vivillon! A little disappointed the shiny difference is very little but a shiny is a shiny.

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck shiny hunters!

Dude, the exact same thing happened to me two days ago :D *High Five*

Congrats to all recent shinies of course!

Laurelai

Congrats on all the shinies folks, and you Cyberra, are either fabulously OCD, or have the patience of a saint ;)

I have completed phase 1 of this month's community hunt with a lovely shiny Feebas which I have evolved into a Milotic
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/10153038_769953683029972_169089609_n_zps1fa4e88c.jpg

I have wanted a shiny Milotic for a few years actually, tried here and there to get it and it finally hatched after about 700 eggs this round. IV spread is funny, that @$% imp in my machine is at it again. I MMd with 2 perfect 6 IV feebas I bred (one English, one French) and my shiny pops out with 5 31's, missing the one in.... Special Attack >.< I do not care though! He is lovely!

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
I just got a shiny frogadier after like 100-200 random encounters in the friend safari :D
it doesn't have protean though... not sure if I should go back and hunt for another 1 :p but I'm happy :D

Last week was very hectic, so I didn't get to put in much time on my MM Dratini project (my egg count's at 270). I'm getting back to it today, though, and have 2 more boxes of eggs to hatch.
Congratulations on all the new shinies since my first post (there have been some great stories lately!), and good luck to all on their hunts!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
No shinies for me since I last posted, I guess I just don't have a good pace on my hunts. Eh, I might as well find something to hunt for this month's CH. Probably going to use all of the Friend Safaris I have accumulated over the months.

EDIT: For the CHs, can I capture a pokemon in the FS that only learns the weather move(s) through TM? I saw a rule for breeding, but none about RE'ing.

If a move is learned via TM, it must be bred into the pokemon.
So REing a pokemon that only learns it through TM would not count.

OK, thanks for clearing that up.

Last edited:

Dangertrout

No shinies for me since I last posted, I guess I just don't have a good pace on my hunts. Eh, I might as well find something to hunt for this month's CH. Probably going to use all of the Friend Safaris I have accumulated over the months.

EDIT: For the CHs, can I capture a pokemon in the FS that only learns the weather move(s) through TM? I saw a rule for breeding, but none about RE'ing.

If a move is learned via TM, it must be bred into the pokemon.
So REing a pokemon that only learns it through TM would not count.

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Ok, now I made my 10 boxes of 5 pokemon again, and got a result, managed to hatch a 31/31/31/31/31/26,27 Adamant Marril with Huge power :D, right now opening the last boxes to see if there is something else xD, also congratz to all the people on the shinys and to Kyle Clarthy congratz on the Lugia :D

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
Ok, now I made my 10 boxes of 5 pokemon again, and got a result, managed to hatch a 31/31/31/31/31/26,27 Adamant Marril with Huge power :D, right now opening the last boxes to see if there is something else xD, also congratz to all the people on the shinys and to Kyle Clarthy congratz on the Lugia :D

CONGRATS! And btw your trinity League link is broken/not working