• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

Just a quick update - I'm now at 20,818 SRs for Lugia.

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

mellowrush

You guys are great, congrats evryone for all the shinies, they are so beautiful ^.^
Just as I promised the shiny charmeleon is now a full-fledged Charizard
Shiny Charizard.jpg
Now I'm trying to chain for a skiddo on route 5 (if instead I find pancham or furfrou it wouldn't be bad either)

SoCoolCurt

TailGlow.Amphro.OhNo
Congrats to everyone on their shinies! Hopefully I'll be so lucky soon. I've been attempting to MM a competitive Mareep off and on for the past week with no luck. I'm up to 243 hatched eggs at this point. It's a little discouraging but I gotta say it's doing wonders for the competitive breeding part. I really want a shiny mega Ampharos on my team. It is concerning the number hatching that I wouldn't use though. Only ever had one other shiny in all my years of playing. Wish me luck!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I'm currently in the process of repeatedly formatting my old 3DS XL for a safari with either Charmeleon or Ditto and while I was checking out which pokemon were in the most recent safari, the first one I found was a shiny Hawlucha!

[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/7c96fe2e-bea5-4d92-97a5-5ba674be097c.jpg[/IMG139]

Unfortunately she has a Modest nature and Unburden instead of Moldbreaker, but she has a perfect IV in Speed (the other was Special Defense). She's cool looking either way. The catch was very easy. I paralyzed her with Raichu, then False-Swiped her with Pangoro and threw a Nest Ball.

I seem to have an affinity for randomly encountering shiny Flying-types. My collection of randomly encountered shinies includes

FireRed
Jumpluff
Doduo (Safari Zone)
Golbat (Rock Tunnel while trying to find an Onyx)

X/Y
Talonflame (Route 2 the day the games came out)
Crobat (horde battle in Connecting Cave)
Pansear (Friend Safari while trying to find HA Braixen)
Hawlucha (Friend Safari while finding out which pokemon were in that specific safari)

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
I'm currently in the process of repeatedly formatting my old 3DS XL for a safari with either Charmeleon or Ditto and while I was checking out which pokemon were in the most recent safari, the first one I found was a shiny Hawlucha!

[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/7c96fe2e-bea5-4d92-97a5-5ba674be097c.jpg[/IMG139]

Unfortunately she has a Modest nature and Unburden instead of Moldbreaker, but she has a perfect IV in Speed (the other was Special Defense). She's cool looking either way. The catch was very easy. I paralyzed her with Raichu, then False-Swiped her with Pangoro and threw a Nest Ball.

I just LOVE how Hawlucha looks Shiny. Which is the only way I would be caught dead owning a Hawlucha. Not my favorite Pokemon from gen 6.
Congrats on a really pretty Shiny.
....wait....how can you guys post pictures. ;-; Every time I try, it doesn't work. I just get a link or nothing at all.
Never mind. Thank-you, kyle72686.

Oh, and so, this morning, my power went out. So...I couldn't do ANY hunting as all my DS had a low battery. Whoops~ I am once again hunting in Route 2 on my Y version. Thankfully, every Pokemon on this route is a Pokemon I want as a Shiny. (To bad I cannot duel hunt with X, as Caterpie is replaced with Weedle and I wouldn't want a shiny Weedle)
And I am so close to the Lake Trio, I can almost here their cries...over...and over...and over...and over...until, one day, a nice sparkling sound can be heard.
I could TRY to complete the Pokedex...but...that would be way to much of a hassle now with Wi-Fi cut off. Glameow would never be caught. o-o

And, as I am not going to any very famous Convention in Boston this weekend...;-; my boring days in Florida will be filled with Persona 4 Golden (my good luck charm, it seems), and Pokemon...
And some cookies.
-----edit------
...My drought...if finally over~! OH MY GOSH~! FINALLY
I step foot in the Normal safari, and this little cutey came out ON THE FIRST TURN!

[IMG139]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/ShinyMisty/Shiny%20Pokemon/1a2b54c6-229b-41d4-a3b1-070eb6a13f2a_zps6ad3d87c.jpg?t=1397151792[/IMG139]
I SCREAMED! My Drought is FINALLY over~ As you can tell with my signature, besides Eevee and Furret, Minccino is one of my favorite Pokemon. (Sadly, Eevee was also in the Safari...buuuuuuuuut I don't care!)
And...what is even better...remember I said how Persona 4 Golden was my good luck charm. I was watching it while I went into the Safari.
I was getting my other 3DS ready to duel hunt (Friend Safari and Route 2)
[IMG139]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/ShinyMisty/Shiny%20Pokemon/61021de6-0be0-4430-ad65-45ed1279c449_zpsad5c1b53.jpg?t=1397152079[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/ShinyMisty/Shiny%20Pokemon/cd5e2f48-e15d-4936-ba46-1a84988d41d4_zps18588ac1.jpg?t=1397152207[/IMG139]
...Cute Charm. Ah well. My drought is FINALLY over! Thank-goodness.
xx/xx/xx/31/xx/31 Not a very good Minccino...BUT I DON'T CARE~!
I finally got a shiny~!
Named her Persona as I kept telling myself I would name my next shiny that, as the game gives me amazing luck.
Now...for Route 2...

Congratulation to everyone, and I hope you all have a fantastic day~

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I just LOVE how Hawlucha looks Shiny. Which is the only way I would be caught dead owning a Hawlucha. Not my favorite Pokemon from gen 6.
Congrats on a really pretty Shiny.
Thanks. I agree, her colors are really nice.

....wait....how can you guys post pictures. ;-; Every time I try, it doesn't work. I just get a link or nothing at all.
I figured it out by quoting someone who posted a pic a while back and just using the same format they used. I PM'd you more specific instructions.

Edit: Congrats on the Minccino!

Last edited:

ashcrimson777

Newb Shiny Hunter
Finished hatching egg #600 on my Shiny Bug Team MM to no shiny :( Then again, 77 Eggs for the Scyther was cool, so I guess I had to wait. now collecting 300 eggs more, hoping for the venipede, Volbeat/Illumise, Pineco, Heracross, and/or Joltik to shine for me :D 2 out of 7 Completed

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats on all the recent shinies, especially Cpchris on that amazing Giratina and completing your BQ!

Update time: I've decided to MM for one of my two favorite Pokemon, Piplup. I realized that out of my 29 non-event, non-traded shinies, I somehow don't have a single shiny from Gen 4, and my last five MM projects have all been from different generations, so I wanted to complete the pattern, as it were. Ironically, Piplup has never been a dream shiny of mine, but being my favorite Pokemon, I thought, what the heck. I've hatched 30 eggs so far. As for my other hunts, SoulSilver is up to 4000 REs, and Fennekin is at 925 SRs, so I'm making marginal progress. I'm hoping I'll be able to start hunting more frequently once I get some school stuff out of the way.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I've not posted anything for awhile now. Part of that is because I haven't found a shiny since Lileep, way back on February 21st. That just changed today, finally. Still not the Tornadus I started in December, but that's been on hold since my current hunt started. I've been hunting for Spinda with the shiny charm since I figured it would be a quick hunt, but my game refused to let me have another extremely quick MM hunt. But after 1073 eggs, I'm a proud owner of a shiny Spinda!

[IMG139]http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/gustavo1495/Shinies/Spinda_zps06bb887f.jpg[/IMG139]

The egg moves and that attack animation are the icing on the cake, honestly. Say hello to the Bravest Spinda there ever was. Brave nature, but unfortunately, the IV spread is 31/2/31/31/31/31. Oh well, it is a Spinda, but I still plan to get at least one win with this guy. I may finally go back to finally get Tornadus after all these months, but I may go for Dunsparce next. Not sure what I'll go for, but I may save Dunsparce for later seeing as I just did an MM hunt. Glad to finally get a shiny after a month and half drought, though.

LopunnyBunny

: Please Shine
Hello again everybody! :) Haven't done a update in a couple days.

Reached 1,555 SRs for either a Shiny Totodile or Shiny Cyndaquil starter. lol, I think my 152th SR for that shiny Chikorita was a fluke!

In other news, this randomly shined for me on the 4th egg:

31/x/31/x/31/31 Modest Water Absorb Female Poliwag w/ Four Egg Moves

[IMGsize=300]http://i.imgur.com/6UBcsam.jpg[/IMGsize][IMGsize=300]http://i.imgur.com/vq3yrR8.jpg[/IMGsize]

[IMGsize=300]http://i.imgur.com/dsaI8Ue.jpg[/IMGsize]

She wasn't lucky enough to get Swift Swim (Hidden Ability) unfortunately, but she'll make a nice trophy. My second Masuda Shiny. :)

I would also like to congratulate CpChris on the Shiny Giratina and the completion of your Badge Quest.

(and thanks Varanus) (^ v ^)

Typhlox

Typhlosion Trainer
Just thought I'd post a status update.

I haven't been able to hunt recently as it's been a hectic school week, what with registering for classes next semester and the multitude of exams (It never ends, I swear). Anyway, I was able to hit about 500 RE for my BadgeQuest tonight, which is a lot better than doing nothing at all. Hope all of your hunts shine soon, and thanks for all the congrats!

Now for the congratulations: Obviously each and every one of you deserves a personal congratulations, but I feel sorta lazy right now (Sorry!). However, I want to give special congrats to Cpchris for finally getting his Giratina and finishing his BadgeQuest. Also to Storm_Dragoon: Think you could pass some of that luck my way?

maldoror

After god only knows how many encounters on White 2, Eelektrick finally shined! I'd estimate that it was about 25,000 total encounters. He is now on my Y game and is named Triton. So awesome.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Round 2 for deerling is complete. As I'd expected, there were no sparkles this time. I have to hatch at least 1,500 eggs before I start actually expecting something to shine; most of my MMs take between 1,500 and 2,000 eggs. Aside from the weird ones that take forever...

I'm 350 or so REs into Lost Hotel round 3. If I get another freaking klefki I am going to scream

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

Really didn't do as much hunting as I should have yesterday, so I've not even reached 21,000 SRs for Lugia yet. Instead, I'm at 20,981. Sometimes I find it easier to think about whether I could make this the longest hunt ever, rather than if I'll get the shiny on the next one xD

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
So I felt like doing some breeding and put my SS BQ on hold for a bit. And whilst hunting for material I came across 2 shinnies within 20 mins! Whoa!!!! A pointy which I had 4 of before lol. And a Vullaby. First pokemon in the safari! But I also come with a question about HA. Can I only find HA pokes In FS if I've been online with the safari owner or what? Cause I've come across none so far and that's what I need :/ an answer soonish would be lovely.

Congrats to all new shines. And don't give up everyone else hunting!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
How in the world...
Hey guys! Remember the Flabébé I was trying to get in Masuda Method ? Well yeah, my game decided once again to give me a short hunt yet a strange coincidence just happened as well...

Let me get this straight; the 451th egg contained my beautiful shiny Blue Flower Flabébé!

[IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/974233ShinyFlabb1.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/371022ShinyFlabb2.png[/img139]

It was exactly the last egg of my third batch of 150 eggs (5 boxes) where I was slowly starting to mentally prepare myself for another 150 eggs collection. I know three of my batches should give 450 eggs, but I accidently hatched one while collecting and I released it to make a new egg.
What totally hit me, though, is the fact that my previous Masuda Method hunts took 471 eggs (Budew) and 481 eggs (Gastly). So when I started to hunt Flabébé, I said to myself "If Gastly took 10 eggs more than Budew, then Flabébé will take 20 eggs more or less then Budew". And it happened. 471 - 20 = 451. And I PREDICTED that same amount at the very beginning of this hunt and I was kind of scared to see that it took exactly 451 eggs for Flabébé to shine... I think my prediction talents are back... *shivers*
About Flabébé; she was given the name Magnolia (which is a flower) and she is Calm nature. She was bred in a Dive Ball just for the occasion and I'm so happy about that. Her mother was a 6IVs Flabébé I miraculously got while trying to get a simple 5IVs and her father was a japanese 5IVs Cottonee, so her IV spread is...
31/31/31/31/22-23/31. Yeah, she got the perfect Attack instead of the perfect Special Defense, which is like... pretty important, but whatever! Her Special Defense is pretty high anyway, it could've been a lot worse. :)

My next hunt, for those interested, is going to be Shaymin, in Diamond. I'm not sure how the way I will get my Oak's Letter is pictured on this forum so I will remain quiet, but let's just say I wasn't there to get the actual event item. The shiny itself will be totally legitimate, though, so I don't think it really matters how I get to the Flower Paradise, but still. I hope you guys won't mind too much...

But first things first; got to train my Mime Jr., Carbink, Ivysaur and Flabébé in X before training a Parasect in Diamond to face Shaymin without worries. I already have a plan for that. As for Magnemite, I focused a lot on Flabébé lately, mainly because I wanted to take a break of X and Y, so getting Flabébé as soon as possible would grant my wish. So logically, I didn't improved much on Magnemite in the past days...

Congratulations on your latest shinies and good luck everyone! :D And sorry for the brick... ^^'

Last edited:

geag-a

100% yuri
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I posted. Congrats on all the recent shinies, especially those two within 20mins, incredible luck!! While MMing last night, a male Chikorita hatched and shined at about 11 eggs. Kind of bittersweet though, he hatched before I'd even passed down the nature I wanted as I was getting ready to IV breed. Oh well, I'll take a break from breeding for Chikoritas and go for a Sandslash for now. Good luck hunting!!

lucarioisawesome

Who did this to me!
its been a long time sinced i posted here ^^. i was hunting in a fire safari and then a shiny larvesta appeared. I used hypnosis and then false swipe. He woke up and used take down... Argh it was my 2nd RE shiny too @.@. What are the odds

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Hi all, and congrats to all the nice shinies everyone's been getting! It's been ages since I posted anything here (more than 2 yrs I think) but I thought it would be fun to join in now I'm doing some shiny hunting!
So far I've been extremely lucky in X. Early on in the story I stumbled upon a shiny nincada, and later, when breeding competitive horsea, I hatched a shiny one. Also, hunting for the shiny charm and breeding some pokes to fill in their pre-evo dex entries I got a shiny klink, and while EV training something I found a shiny psyduck in a horde...
Now I've finally got the shiny charm and I'm doing my second ever MM (the first was a fail, trying to get solosis in White), for a Carbink.

Good luck to everyone!

Dangertrout

So I felt like doing some breeding and put my SS BQ on hold for a bit. And whilst hunting for material I came across 2 shinnies within 20 mins! Whoa!!!! A pointy which I had 4 of before lol. And a Vullaby. First pokemon in the safari! But I also come with a question about HA. Can I only find HA pokes In FS if I've been online with the safari owner or what? Cause I've come across none so far and that's what I need :/ an answer soonish would be lovely.

Congrats to all new shines. And don't give up everyone else hunting!

I think you might need to be online with them once to unlock the HA pokemon, but I'm not sure.