• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Been a while since I last posted, so congratulations to all the new shiny Pokemon over the last month or so! :)

So my latest hunting efforts haven't really been that successful. Seriously, my luck seems to have been getting worse since getting the shiny charm! And I have seen quite a few people actually complain that shiny Pokemon are to easy to get now... Anyway, things started OK when a month or so ago, I randomly decided to check out a Grass-type Friend Safari, as I realized I didn't have any shiny Grass types. Ten minutes in and this guy appeared! http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y432/I_Pink_Elephant/Bk36HENIQAERVYYjpglarge_zpsa581a27e.jpg

Then things started getting unlucky. I cannot recall just how long I have spent RE'ing Friend Safaris (Several 10 hour sessions I am sure) and nothing has yet shined. So I decided to return to egg hatching. I went through several hunts, including Ralts, Eevee, Torchic and Fennekin, all of which ended in failure. Finally, I decided to re-try creating my shiny mono-Ghost team by resuming my hunt for Golett. I was more determined this time then ever to find it, and finally, after days of hunting, it hatched! http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y432/I_Pink_Elephant/Bk6G1ikIQAABXD-jpglarge_zps01f6706f.jpg

He has full IV's in Attack (And, umm, S.Atk...), the No Guard Ability and an Adamant nature. Still unsure whether he should be trained in HP or Speed when it comes to EV's though... still, I love my new Golurk. Just two more to go and I will have a full shiny Ghost team! Thinking about getting Misdreavus next, or perhaps Spiritomb. I would love to get a shiny Gengar one day, but I am a bit anxious about having to trade a shiny to evolve...

Last edited:

Laurelai

its been a long time sinced i posted here ^^. i was hunting in a fire safari and then a shiny larvesta appeared. I used hypnosis and then false swipe. He woke up and used take down... Argh it was my 2nd RE shiny too @.@. What are the odds

For that very reason I use Aegislash as my false-swiper. Those moves with recoil damage do not affect it.

Goedjuh

Congrats with your shiny Flabébé, Prince of May! I'm still on my first MM and I hatched 750 eggs now. Still no shiny Litleo :(
I'm wondering how long it takes. Maybe i should get the shiny charm first?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
First off, I'd like to say congrats on all recent Shinies. lucarioisawesome, sorry to hear about the Larvesta. I don't even bother with False Swipe, myself, I just pack a bunch of things with Thunder Wave and stockpile hundreds of each kind of Poké Ball. Including as many Master Balls as I can get my hands on, in case of real emergencies, like Shiny Graveler and the like.

Anyway, remember the other day how I caught that Shiny Noibat? Well, today, I had finally gotten around to EV training it. Fed him 10 Calcium and 10 Carbos, gave him a Power Lens, withdrew my Shiny Greninja from the PC to spread Pokérus to Noibat, as well as Sweet, my Illumise who I use for Sweet Scent, and I started with the Special Attack training. I favor Route 7 for this purpose- between the Psyduck hordes and the Roselia hordes, it's ideal. Very second horde, BAM. Shiny Hoppip. Switched Noibat out for Octillery, took out the non-Shiny Hoppip with a Waterfall each, paralyzed the Shiny with Thunder Wave. Two Heal Balls later, another Shiny in the bag! Saved the game a couple times, fed Noibat a Grepa Berry to get rid of those unwanted Special Defense EVs (had to plant a few more, because I have the feeling this won't be my last Shiny Hoppip encountered this way), and continued the EV training. After I was done EV training Noibat, I proceeded to EV train the Hoppip. Oddly enough, her nature is Brave, same as the Noibat, who was at the front of my team. Did Telepathy gain the same out-of-battle effect as Synchronize, or is this just an extraordinary coincidence? Well, anyway, once they were both EV trained, I issued a couple of writs at the Battle Chateau, got in a fair amount of battles, and my two newest Shinies evolved into Noivern and Jumpluff.

I can't believe it, though- this is my fifth Shiny Jumpluff! I have a whole horde's worth of Shiny Jumpluff. Of them, only two were intentional- the first two, both of whom I caught in Pearl, in the same Poké Radar chain. Oh, and her Ability is Leaf Guard.

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
just caught a shiny Kirlia in a friend safari, I just need a Ralts for that line to be complete.

it's currently a Gardevior, and while I'm not excited that it's male, that Mega looks too awesome for me to care.

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
How in the world...
Hey guys! Remember the Flabébé I was trying to get in Masuda Method ? Well yeah, my game decided once again to give me a short hunt yet a strange coincidence just happened as well...

Let me get this straight; the 451th egg contained my beautiful shiny Blue Flower Flabébé!

[IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/974233ShinyFlabb1.png[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/371022ShinyFlabb2.png[/img139]

It was exactly the last egg of my third batch of 150 eggs (5 boxes) where I was slowly starting to mentally prepare myself for another 150 eggs collection. I know three of my batches should give 450 eggs, but I accidently hatched one while collecting and I released it to make a new egg.
What totally hit me, though, is the fact that my previous Masuda Method hunts took 471 eggs (Budew) and 481 eggs (Gastly). So when I started to hunt Flabébé, I said to myself "If Gastly took 10 eggs more than Budew, then Flabébé will take 20 eggs more or less then Budew". And it happened. 471 - 20 = 451. And I PREDICTED that same amount at the very beginning of this hunt and I was kind of scared to see that it took exactly 451 eggs for Flabébé to shine... I think my prediction talents are back... *shivers*
About Flabébé; she was given the name Magnolia (which is a flower) and she is Calm nature. She was bred in a Dive Ball just for the occasion and I'm so happy about that. Her mother was a 6IVs Flabébé I miraculously got while trying to get a simple 5IVs and her father was a japanese 5IVs Cottonee, so her IV spread is...
31/31/31/31/22-23/31. Yeah, she got the perfect Attack instead of the perfect Special Defense, which is like... pretty important, but whatever! Her Special Defense is pretty high anyway, it could've been a lot worse. :)

My next hunt, for those interested, is going to be Shaymin, in Diamond. I'm not sure how the way I will get my Oak's Letter is pictured on this forum so I will remain quiet, but let's just say I wasn't there to get the actual event item. The shiny itself will be totally legitimate, though, so I don't think it really matters how I get to the Flower Paradise, but still. I hope you guys won't mind too much...

But first things first; got to train my Mime Jr., Carbink, Ivysaur and Flabébé in X before training a Parasect in Diamond to face Shaymin without worries. I already have a plan for that. As for Magnemite, I focused a lot on Flabébé lately, mainly because I wanted to take a break of X and Y, so getting Flabébé as soon as possible would grant my wish. So logically, I didn't improved much on Magnemite in the past days...

Congratulations on your latest shinies and good luck everyone! :D And sorry for the brick... ^^'

Major congratulations! I happy someone got a nice IV competitive Shiny!

I got my Non-Shiny Charm Non-MM Shiny Murkrow after 4 Eggs the other day! However, the IV's were far from what I needed... I wanted a 31/31/31/x/31/31, but I ended up getting a 11/31/31/31/31/31. I was so annoyed. If the HP was like 20, I wouldn't have minded, but 20 HP is quite a lot and is necessary with his frail defences. It is now a Honchkrow (and EV trained). My next competitive hunt (which will be MM lol) is probably an Adamant Beldum with 5 IV's. Wish me luck!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Before I start, congrats to everyone on their new shinies since my last post. I'll also give a tiny bit of luck out to those with long hunts, just because of what I'm going to post below.

On March 22nd, I decided that I was going to start a Badge Quest in HeartGold. I was not expecting anything to shine, but after a day of hunting, I got a shiny Chikorita! It wasn't the shiny I wanted to start my badge quest, so I traded it to another game and restarted the hunt. The next day, after 1907 soft resets, a shiny Cyndaquil appeared! I decided I was going to keep this shiny to start my quest, so I played through the game.

Two days after that Cyndaquil, I was hunting in the Slowpoke Well in hopes of getting a shiny Slowpoke, when a shiny Zubat appeared! While it wasn't the Slowpoke I was hoping for, I was just glad that it was quick.

Shiny Dratini was my next shiny. Voltorb Flip has been a game that I like playing, but I always maxed out my coins, so I couldn't play it anymore(I was OBSESSED). I got enough coins racked up for Dratini, so I started to SR. Less than 700 SRs later, I was scrolling through the Dratini when a red star appeared indicating a shiny Dratini!

Later that same day, I was training up my shinies, when a random shiny Spinarak appeared! My 4th Badge Quest shiny was originally going to be Raikou/Entei, but I made that random Spinarak my 4th one instead.

After that miraculous day, I played through the game to start SRing for Raikou/Entei. I was half expecting these guys to take forever just because of the luck I had with my other 4 shinies. My game decided to surprise me, when only 170 soft resets later, I got a shiny Raikou! Catching it was a bit hard, as I had to SR when my only Fast Ball failed, but I was successful in the end.

I was stuck on what to hunt for my 6th target, but rovert suggested I SR for Ekans in the Game Corner. I was sick for a few days with the flu, so I wasn't SRing much, but less than 100 SRs later, I saw the golden snake scroll past, giving me quite the shock.

Electrode was the 7th target for this Badge Quest, as it was a previous target of mine in another game. A measely 1341 RAs later, I got a sparkly blue ball of death(they like to explode............FOR FUN!) Again this Badge Quest surprised me with an extremely fast target, it was absolutely INSANE).

Now, today, that Badge Quest has finally come to an end. I decided against hunting on the Ice Path, as the risk of getting a second shiny Zubat was too high, so I started hunting on route 48 instead. I was really hoping to get a shiny Tauros the most, as I have always wanted one, but didn't feel like losing one in the Safari Zone.

I was watching The Desolation of Smaug with mom while I was REing, when all of a sudden I heard sparkles and when I glanced down:

Shiny Tauros appeared! I gasped and had to flee from the living room, as mom was looking at me funny, and had to take a picture of this beauty. I had a feeling that my Quick Ball would fail, so I took the time to get a picture of those pretty sparkles to assure myself that I wasn't seeing things:

I managed to get Amethyst to paralyze it, and one Ultra Ball was successful and I caught it! Decided to name him Whiplash(thanks to Aqua Registeel for helping me name it, as well as finally giving my shiny Spinarak a name :D). He has a Docile nature and looks awesome!

Shinydex
Docile nature
Trainer ID

~

I've been blown away with how lucky I have been with this Badge Quest, my White BQ took nearly 2 years to complete, yet this Badge Quest has only taken me three weeks to complete!It also gave me lots of awesome shinies to boot:

Chocolate the shiny Typhlosion
Vanitas the shiny Crobat
Amethyst the shiny Dragonair
Twilit the shiny Spinarak
Baihu the shiny Raikou
Medusa the shiny Arbok
Kamikaze the shiny Electrode
Whiplash the shiny Tauros

Next up is beating the game, I wonder if I'll get any more shinies out of this game, who knows, we'll have to wait and see :).

maldoror

First off, I'd like to say congrats on all recent Shinies. lucarioisawesome, sorry to hear about the Larvesta. I don't even bother with False Swipe, myself, I just pack a bunch of things with Thunder Wave and stockpile hundreds of each kind of Poké Ball. Including as many Master Balls as I can get my hands on, in case of real emergencies, like Shiny Graveler and the like.

Anyway, remember the other day how I caught that Shiny Noibat? Well, today, I had finally gotten around to EV training it. Fed him 10 Calcium and 10 Carbos, gave him a Power Lens, withdrew my Shiny Greninja from the PC to spread Pokérus to Noibat, as well as Sweet, my Illumise who I use for Sweet Scent, and I started with the Special Attack training. I favor Route 7 for this purpose- between the Psyduck hordes and the Roselia hordes, it's ideal. Very second horde, BAM. Shiny Hoppip. Switched Noibat out for Octillery, took out the non-Shiny Hoppip with a Waterfall each, paralyzed the Shiny with Thunder Wave. Two Heal Balls later, another Shiny in the bag! Saved the game a couple times, fed Noibat a Grepa Berry to get rid of those unwanted Special Defense EVs (had to plant a few more, because I have the feeling this won't be my last Shiny Hoppip encountered this way), and continued the EV training. After I was done EV training Noibat, I proceeded to EV train the Hoppip. Oddly enough, her nature is Brave, same as the Noibat, who was at the front of my team. Did Telepathy gain the same out-of-battle effect as Synchronize, or is this just an extraordinary coincidence? Well, anyway, once they were both EV trained, I issued a couple of writs at the Battle Chateau, got in a fair amount of battles, and my two newest Shinies evolved into Noivern and Jumpluff.

I can't believe it, though- this is my fifth Shiny Jumpluff! I have a whole horde's worth of Shiny Jumpluff. Of them, only two were intentional- the first two, both of whom I caught in Pearl, in the same Poké Radar chain. Oh, and her Ability is Leaf Guard.

I use the same spot for Special Attack EV training and last night found my tenth shiny Hoppip. I have yet to find a Psyduck or Rosalia though.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Before I start, congrats to everyone on their new shinies since my last post. I'll also give a tiny bit of luck out to those with long hunts, just because of what I'm going to post below.

On March 22nd, I decided that I was going to start a Badge Quest in HeartGold. I was not expecting anything to shine, but after a day of hunting, I got a shiny Chikorita! It wasn't the shiny I wanted to start my badge quest, so I traded it to another game and restarted the hunt. The next day, after 1907 soft resets, a shiny Cyndaquil appeared! I decided I was going to keep this shiny to start my quest, so I played through the game.

Two days after that Cyndaquil, I was hunting in the Slowpoke Well in hopes of getting a shiny Slowpoke, when a shiny Zubat appeared! While it wasn't the Slowpoke I was hoping for, I was just glad that it was quick.

Shiny Dratini was my next shiny. Voltorb Flip has been a game that I like playing, but I always maxed out my coins, so I couldn't play it anymore(I was OBSESSED). I got enough coins racked up for Dratini, so I started to SR. Less than 700 SRs later, I was scrolling through the Dratini when a red star appeared indicating a shiny Dratini!

Later that same day, I was training up my shinies, when a random shiny Spinarak appeared! My 4th Badge Quest shiny was originally going to be Raikou/Entei, but I made that random Spinarak my 4th one instead.

After that miraculous day, I played through the game to start SRing for Raikou/Entei. I was half expecting these guys to take forever just because of the luck I had with my other 4 shinies. My game decided to surprise me, when only 170 soft resets later, I got a shiny Raikou! Catching it was a bit hard, as I had to SR when my only Fast Ball failed, but I was successful in the end.

I was stuck on what to hunt for my 6th target, but rovert suggested I SR for Ekans in the Game Corner. I was sick for a few days with the flu, so I wasn't SRing much, but less than 100 SRs later, I saw the golden snake scroll past, giving me quite the shock.

Electrode was the 7th target for this Badge Quest, as it was a previous target of mine in another game. A measely 1341 RAs later, I got a sparkly blue ball of death(they like to explode............FOR FUN!) Again this Badge Quest surprised me with an extremely fast target, it was absolutely INSANE).

Now, today, that Badge Quest has finally come to an end. I decided against hunting on the Ice Path, as the risk of getting a second shiny Zubat was too high, so I started hunting on route 48 instead. I was really hoping to get a shiny Tauros the most, as I have always wanted one, but didn't feel like losing one in the Safari Zone.

I was watching The Desolation of Smaug with mom while I was REing, when all of a sudden I heard sparkles and when I glanced down:

Shiny Tauros appeared! I gasped and had to flee from the living room, as mom was looking at me funny, and had to take a picture of this beauty. I had a feeling that my Quick Ball would fail, so I took the time to get a picture of those pretty sparkles to assure myself that I wasn't seeing things:

I managed to get Amethyst to paralyze it, and one Ultra Ball was successful and I caught it! Decided to name him Whiplash(thanks to Aqua Registeel for helping me name it, as well as finally giving my shiny Spinarak a name :D). He has a Docile nature and looks awesome!

Shinydex
Docile nature
Trainer ID

~

I've been blown away with how lucky I have been with this Badge Quest, my White BQ took nearly 2 years to complete, yet this Badge Quest has only taken me three weeks to complete!It also gave me lots of awesome shinies to boot:

Chocolate the shiny Typhlosion
Vanitas the shiny Crobat
Amethyst the shiny Dragonair
Twilit the shiny Spinarak
Baihu the shiny Raikou
Medusa the shiny Arbok
Kamikaze the shiny Electrode
Whiplash the shiny Tauros

Next up is beating the game, I wonder if I'll get any more shinies out of this game, who knows, we'll have to wait and see :).

That is insane!! 3 weeks for a BQ!?! (You technically got 9 Shinies if you include Chikorita)

Major congratulations! I wish I had your luck XD

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I use the same spot for Special Attack EV training and last night found my tenth shiny Hoppip. I have yet to find a Psyduck or Rosalia though.

Tenth?! Holy crap! Though I actually did find a Shiny Psyduck in a horde there once. I'd actually like it if the next Shiny I get while EV training something in Special Attack is Roselia, because I kinda really like that color scheme. Also, it's a Poison-type, and I love my Poison-types!

professorj15

Can't believe it!!! After 294 eggs, I hatched a 5iv Drought Vulpix, which means Community Hunt #1 complete! I can't stop staring at her--she's gorgeous!vulpix.jpg

Going to hatch the rest of my eggs, train her up, then move on to the next target. Maybe Goomy? I'll also resume my FS hunt for Kirlia.

Good luck everyone! Congrats Storm Dragoon on finishing your quest in record time!

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, I must congratulate you all on the recent shinies (Storm, I'll mention you later :p)

After a mere 5,613 REs...:

BLITZLE shone! It took a while, but that's nothing in my eyes compared to Giratina! In fact, since Giratina, I have got 2 Patrat, 1 Lillipup, 1 Caterpie and now Blitzle, all underneath 6k REs! Crazy luck right there, but of course, someone else has the best luck *glares at Storm Dragoon intensely*.

As you'll see in the pics in a bit, I called her Lightning after the Final Fantasy 13 character, NOT lightning itself. Just so my nicknaming skills look better to you all xD

Though I'm sure Kyle Clarthy beats anyone at nicknaming.

So more pics:

The nature was Docile, which was the exact same nature as Storm's Tauros! I find that strange. Lightning also got Lightningrod (nothing to with the nickname *whistles*)! Better than Motor Drive.

So, I will now find my next BQ target! I'm already close to halfway o_O

Storm, huge congrats on going absolutely nuts and finishing that BQ in 3 weeks! Not a problem with the nicknames either, I do like NNing things sometimes. Good luck on your next hunt too :p

Good luck to you all, particularly those who need it (and you know who you are, I hope!).

Last edited:

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Congrats on that vulpix! Have you got a planned team slot for it?
Took a break from carbink hatching and went to the friend safari, 5 minutes later I found a shiny pansear, and got a critical capture in a premier ball :3
By the way I was wondering, which strategy do you all use for hatching eggs? Do you collect eggs, box them, and then withdraw for effecting hatching, or do you just pick up and hatch as you go along? I've been thinking a lot about time effectiveness (such as number of times I have to visit the pc, length of carrying already hatched pokes etc.)

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
No new shinies for me still. My BQ in B2 is at 20255 REs now, yet another hunt that has gone up to 20k. Hopefully I'm close to getting something. Phase 2 in my BQ in HG is at 510 REs. Maybe with how fast I had found the Smeargle, this next phase will be a short hunt too.

I've also done a little bit of SRs for Tornadus. Don't know if any of you guys knew this, but I've noticed that when you first meet up with Tornadus the one that cries out is Thundurus. I just thought it very odd. Anyway congrats to the recent shinies, especially Storm_Dragoon on Tauros and completeing your BQ. Also good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Cpchris on Growlithe, TheMaster327 on the bird trio, and Psynergy on your own Tornadus hunt.

Last edited:

litleo729

<--- Latest Shiny
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies, especially Storm_Dragoon with the completion of the badge quest

I'm back with two new shinies. I was in a normal type friend safari, looking for a female eevee, and I encountered a shiny loudred. I accidentally ran away from it, so being sad, I soft resetted and started a reclaim for it. Ten minutes later, or 16RE'S later, I got another shiny loudred. This morning, I hatched a shiny 4 iv maractus which counts for the CH, so CH 1/3 complete.

Good luck to everyone on current and future hunts

Last edited:

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Hi guys I know it's been a while but I haven't been up for hunting much Since my laptop broke and that's how I keep track of all my hunts/entertain myself while hunting.

I have had some surprising luck however. I started y after deciding to postpone fennekin for a bit as the srs are tiring (don't worry though I'm picking up that silver fox hunt sooner or later) and I've been hunting a drought vulpix for the community hunt.

Today I took a break as I wanted to get a timid jolteon for my team. While hafchjng eggs I ran into a random shiny furfrou and just about had a heart attack. Despite knowing what the shiny looks like I didn't even realize it *was* shiny until it sparkled.

After some worry as I only had my fletchlinder I managed to catch it. :3

I then went back to egg hatching and I just hatched a shiny eevee! He's relaxed nature, which I'm not sure what to evolve him into since I don't think that's optimal for any of the eeveeloutions.

Aside from those I won two giveaways a few days ago netting myself a shiny genesect (event and seems legit) and a shiny charizard (which was for my little sister.) I was also given a shiny snorunt as a thank you for helping someone.

I'm not going to count those guys in my shiny total even though they're very cool as they really don't feel like mine.

So that's how my luck has been today and hopefully it keeps up and I can get drought vulpix next :3

Congrats on all the shinies (especially storm and cpchris on giratina) and good luck to everyone!

ohjeezitskim

I was having REALLY crappy luck with RNG for IVs as of late.
I've been breeding xx/31/31/xx/31/31 female with a 31/31/31/xx/31/31 parent and then switched to my 6IV because it was taking way too long (probably about 60-70 eggs including this batch (since ditto about 20 eggs))

I was breeding for my trade shop, going for a female to pass the ball on.
So i needed 31/31/31/xx/31/31 F HA Swirlix (with it's heal ball and egg moves)
Caught one yesterday in the FS and continued to breed...

Thought to myself "wow, I've done a lot of eggs, I wouldn't be surprised if I got a shiny soon."

Next egg that hatched about a minute later ^
I want to name her toasted marshmallow, but that won't fit xD

It's the first MM shiny to get only superior potential through an IV MM.
Only got three 31 overall
xx/31/31/xx/xx/31.
No idea what the others are, when I find out eventually I'll edit them in.

Navarch

So I'm just scrolling through this thread, when all of the sudden...

A wild Flabébé appeared!

*shimmer* *sparkle*

I caught her, and she has a Gentle Nature. Meh, not too great. I'll probably trade her for something later. Oh, and she has a Yellow Flower.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to ClipOwl on Chikorita, SheroGH on Abra, Cyberra on Klefki, tomatohater on Murkrow, Keovix on Kyurem, Shine on both Goomies, pokemaster13 on Abra, Sparky Mc-S on Turtwig, Psynergy on Spinda, LopunnyBunny on Poliwag, maldoror on Eelektrick, The Prince of May on Flabebe, geag-a on Chikorita, I, Pink Elephant on Golett, Storm_Dragoon on Tauros, professorj15 on Vulpix, AquaRegisteel on Blitzle, ChaoticInverse on Furfrou and Eevee, ohjeezitskim on Swirlix, Navarch on Flabebe, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks, Roseheart95, AquaRegisteel, Keovix, Shadowkrow, pokemaster13, SilverChiko, professorj15, Crimson Penguin, LopunnyBunny, Typhlox, and ChaoticInverse!

And thanks for the encouragement too, Shadowkrow :)

-----------

If I ever get the chance to soft reset for one in Platinum (with that event that...well...I bet that is almost impossible to do) I will trade that Shaymin, too.

You could always use an AR to get the event. Getting the event would be cheating, but doing all the SRs/Run Aways to get a shiny Shaymin would be just as legitimate as any other hunt.

-----------

Oddly enough, her nature is Brave, same as the Noibat, who was at the front of my team. Did Telepathy gain the same out-of-battle effect as Synchronize, or is this just an extraordinary coincidence?

I'd wager it's just a coincidence. On my HeartGold Badge Quest, I found a Brave female Pidgey, and while leading with it, found a Brave female Poliwag, and then while leading with that, found a Brave female Oddish :p Another strange coincidence would be that both of our instances of coincidence happened with Brave natures :p But the main sites aren't saying anything about it having an out-of-battle effect, though you're more than free to test it out yourself and see if you find anything different.

-----------

Well let’s see. I beat the E4 without too much trouble (a lot of my pokemon were overleveled…), so my BQ is truly over now. After that, I decided to go get the last few pokemon I needed in the regional dex so that I could get the pokeradar and try to chain Chanseys.

Stupid me, I was doing it all wrong. Not the chaining part, but just my method…I was trying to catch them all, and it took me so long to realize that I could just use Gastly’s Trick and find out right away if it has a Lucky Egg. I’ve probably wasted ~100k-200k, maybe more, in Pokeballs…

Chaining itself though was surprisingly easy. Some people make it sound like it’s really difficult, so I thought I’d have trouble with it, especially just starting out. But to me it seems like as long as you don’t rush and make sure you’re going into good patches, then it should generally go pretty smoothly. I did probably ~6 chains total (some of them ended pretty early since I was going into bad patches), with my last chain going up to 57 before I decided I wasn’t too interested anymore (already knew I had at least one Lucky Egg, and it suddenly got pretty hard to find good patches). I did end up finding a shiny one, but it’s pretty worthless to me, and I’m certainly not counting it towards my real collection. I might even just release it :x

But now I can FINALLY get back to hunting (it’s been what, 2 whole days?!). I got the Griseous Orb, got Dialga and Palkia ready to go for a future hunt, figured out how to get shards the right way (silly me, all this time I thought The Underground was the only way!), and now I have at least one Lucky Egg. I may play through the Elite 4 a few times, since I eventually want all my shinies at Lv. 100, but other than that, I’m ready to start my next hunt!

Also, for those who haven’t seen it and want to, here's the live video of my Giratina.

Good luck, everyone! (Especially TheMaster327, Roseheart95, Shadowkrow, and some others!)

Last edited:

lucarioisawesome

Who did this to me!
Last edited: