• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

mellowrush

First things first : congrats to everyone since I last posted, avsimone for riolu, legionariohumano for bulbasaur, supremacy for amaura, KzBreakdown for mawile and floette too, eclair for gastly, mifune for horsea /seadra /kingdra, manakete - girl for eevee, pluski for both nidoran, callmymame for Heracross, amazingchi for the long awaited seedot and lullabyvullaby for fennekin (soo cute!), !jirachi! for octillery, CaptainAsherz for ralts, Scrufox86 for diggersby, ohjeezitskim for frillish (long list here...)
Good luck everybody on your hunt, especially rotifer for that rare starly!

Pokemon Y shiny hunt:
My shiny Espurr is now a beautiful gold furred meowstic.. Isn't he lovely?
http://s328.photobucket.com/user/me...1zpqz_edit_1397595335662_zpsald61vwn.jpg.html
After Pikachu I went exploring a water safari looking either for wartortle or frogadier... I wasn't paid much attention initially and when this came out, like after 20 encounter, it made my day
http://s328.photobucket.com/user/mellowrush/media/_20140415_214844_zpskzs9111q.jpg.html
Since I've joined this forum, and posted in this thread I'm being so lucky ^_^
Next one on my personal list is an ice type
Pokemon fire red badge quest update :
SRing for Squirtle.. The tally is at 1200 and nothing shines on me.... Patience is a virtue!

Bkdevil

Breeding Addict
Was doing more trade shop requests and was finishing up my last one of the day!
I was getting 5% of the nature I needed (1 in 20 was curse body..)

So I took that one curse body with IVs of 31/31/31/xx/31/xx and bred it with my flawless Jap ditto
did ten eggs, and the 7th egg hatched as a shiny female :3

With the right ability..
AND the correct IV spread of 31/xx/31/31/31/31 :'D

Damn lucky! =D
Congratulations to everyone else (been following everyone but too lazy to post names here =P)!
I haven't been doing MM but got a shiny Simisear from WT which I almost released because its shiny form is so similar to the normal form o_O
Also got a shiny Psyduck from an horde battle and caught it in a Dive Ball =3
Good luck to everyone!! =D

ohjeezitskim

Damn lucky! =D
Congratulations to everyone else (been following everyone but too lazy to post names here =P)!
I haven't been doing MM but got a shiny Simisear from WT which I almost released because its shiny form is so similar to the normal form o_O
Also got a shiny Psyduck from an horde battle and caught it in a Dive Ball =3
Good luck to everyone!! =D

Right.. and it's about to get even luckier! xD (A bit!)

Wow Kim, that's mega-lucky! Congratz! I wanna start hunting again, but homework is too heavy atm...

Thank you xD
---

15 eggs after shiny Frillish... was working on getting a Mold Breaker female in a Luxury ball, two egg moves (probably 50 eggs in total so far??)

for this fella;

Did not hatch with it's good ability, in my opinion.
She hatched with Limber, and superior potential IVs
None of which were her attack IVs :p

31/xx/31/31/31/xx so she's missing attack and speed T_T horrible! and I suspect low numbers since she is only superior lol
I still need to check swirlix so once I've finished up with hawlucha eggs, I'll take a trip to the luminos battle institute.

- I can't imagine what MMing would be like with the shiny charm, when this is happening without it lol

Last edited:

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats to everyone on their recent Shiny's! Right now I am working on MMing for a Feebas, and I got bored the other day from hatching eggs and went into a Fighting Safari and ran into a Shiny Meinfoo in less then five minutes. I haven't done to many soft resets for SS but maybe I will do it today and dual hunt. Anyways congrats again to everyone and good luck to those still hunting!

pokemon trainer mystery

Congrats to all the shines you guys have gotten.

I have been hatching eggs for a Eevee on and off (mostly off) since early November.to use as a Sylveon for a play through. I was aiming for a female with perfect iv's in everything but after allot of trail and error settled for a 31/x/31/31/31/31 set. Trying for a female only made the job harder and earlier today I had to try and reintroduce the defence iv after realizing between the two parent's there wasn't a perfect defence IV. At this point there was no pokebank so I had to start from a 3 iv Eevee and switch parents allot which made the Masuda method near impossible and obviously there was no shiny charm at this point so I had no expectations of a shiny. Today not an hour ago after roughly 363 eggs since I began in November...

it not only got it's hidden ability and wish egg move but also got perfect iv's in all but attack! needless to say a very good find. I quite like all the eeveeloutions but I'm not sure what would suite it best I've narrowed it down between Vaporeon, Umbreon, Sylveon and perhaps a bit of a stretch Espeon I would appreciate any suggestions.

Edit: should Mention the failed MM attempt on black and the failed soft resent both in the hundreds for a shiny Eevee in 2012.

Last edited:

Creeper

om nom nom
I'm jealous of the shiny Amaura... I want one now.

Armed with a newfound Japanese Ditto, I'm starting to get eggs.

By the way, how do you guys get eggs? Get 5, hatch repeat, get one, deposit, get 5 deposit...? What do you guys do?

EDIT: Going to collect five until I get about 3 or so boxes.

Last edited:

ohjeezitskim

I'm jealous of the shiny Amaura... I want one now.

Armed with a newfound Japanese Ditto, I'm starting to get eggs.

By the way, how do you guys get eggs? Get 5, hatch repeat, get one, deposit, get 5 deposit...? What do you guys do?

Collect 5
Box
Collect 5
Box
Collect 5
box

Rinse and repeat for many boxes

fly to the center of luminos and hatch them all.

Getting 5, and then hatching them and repeating, takes too much time. While your are riding the 3,000 or more egg steps to hatch the 5 pokemon, you could be getting more eggs.

Sorry for three posts on one page ~_~
will be my last for two or so days.

ElectricBassClef

Hey guys! Congrats on all the shinies, especially Shine for completing the CH and CPChris for finally getting that Giratina, in a Pokéball to boot! Hopefully that Growlithe will shine next!

Shoutout to all the Amaura hunters. I'm currently also working on that one for the CH. It's a great-looking shiny that I've wanted for a while, so why not now? I'm up to 1200 SRs in X so far. If it shines, I'll have completed the CH since I got a shiny Wooper (Rain Dance) on the 5th and a shiny Braixen (Sunny Day) on Sunday. So that'd be cool.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
150 swimming cows so far, none of them shines. Well, it's still an early number anyway.

I've collected 50 more Miltank eggs, hopefully I can hatch 100 eggs today, and hopefully one of them is shiny.

And in case anyone's wondering, it's a swimming cow because I caught the parent in a Lure Ball :p
Completely legitimate parent too - I caught her in my own HeartGold.

Anyway, congrats to those with new shinies (especially that quick Shiny Fennekin, but why is it so white? :p)

And good luck to those still trying to get a new shiny.

So I took that one curse body with IVs of 31/31/31/xx/31/xx and bred it with my flawless Jap ditto
did ten eggs, and the 7th egg hatched as a shiny female :3

With the right ability..
AND the correct IV spread of 31/xx/31/31/31/31 :D

congrats, that reminds me to my own Shiny Spinarak back then.

It hatched with the correct IV spread of 31/31/31/x/31/31, AND the right ability (Insomnia) :D

Hey guys! Congrats on all the shinies, especially Shine for completing the CH

I find it kinda strange I'm still the only one to have completed this month's CH :p

If it shines, I'll have completed the CH since I got a shiny Wooper (Rain Dance) on the 5th and a shiny Braixen (Sunny Day) on Sunday. So that'd be cool.

Well, good luck then ;)

I'm getting a bit lonely here in the CH completed list, haha

Dangertrout

That reminds me...
if anyone completes all three parts, please include a summary of the three in your final post.

Today I caught 2 shiny remoraids, but still no chinchou for me :(
I've also begun hatching all the eggs I collected.
Nothing in the Rotom, Koffing or Minccino boxes.
Hatching the Froakies now and then I have another dozen boxes to go through with a dozen different species.
I really hope I get something in this batch, but I DID get 2 shinies in the last one...

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
Took a break from the shiny fighting team i was trting for to complete the three parts pf the CH. so i decides to go for the rain dance categorory first. I choose lapras because i always wanted a purple lapras so this was the perfect excuse. The first batch of 240 yielded nothing. But 13 eggs in to the second batch i got a shiny male, mild nature, 2 egg moves(freeze-dry,Ancient power), and 31/x/31/31/31/31 iv spread. After i hatch the rest of this batch i will move on to drought vulpix.

Gratz on all recent shinies!

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats everyone on their recent shiny's! I was hatching my boxes of Feebas and on egg 261 got a male Shiny! Then continued hatching the rest and I hatched another on on egg 266 but this one was female which I was really hoping for :). Gonna finish hatching the rest of them and start a new hunt. Sorry for posting on the same page. Might be awhile till I post again. Anyways good luck everyone!

LopunnyBunny

: Please Shine
Finally a starter shines for me! Docile Male Totodile (Soul) with Good Perseverance shined on the 2744th SR. I was really expecting this to continue on into the 3,000s. Anyways, I'm pretty happy. Totodile is exactly what I wanted for my Soulsilver version, it has a neutral nature, and I can finally start a Badge Quest. I think I'm going to try 16 rather than 8, because there are quite a few shinies I would like.

For the first target I will be hunting on the first route (Route 29). I'm hoping for anything, but a Rattata.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Having finally completed the National Dex last night, I decided to celebrate it with a shiny hunt in the Safari. After some time I encountered a shiny Eevee. A female one (those are rare). I haven't forgotten that one time a shiny Eevee fainted itself with the recoil from Knock Down (RIP), so I played it save this time. Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx7TGqzk068

Orithan

I decided to farm Luvdisc for their Heart Scales to reteach a few moves to some of my pokemon and I ended up getting a shiny Luvdisc in the process. Why, of all pokemon, did my first shiny in X have to be a Luvdisc? Though the fact that I even got it was sheer luck because I am just 5 legendaries off completing the National Dex.

Last edited:

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
Well I got myself a shiny unown in 576 REs for BQ #7 in HG. I was completly surprised by it, since I thought it was going to be longer than that. Now I'm hunting for Chinchou as my BQ #8, since it will do much better than Poliwrath against Ho-oh when I get to that hunt. I am now expecting this hunt to be longer, and I'm just happy that I'm near the half way point in my BQ.

I've also put my BQ in B2 on hold until next month since Buneary is my target and it has significant value to me for this particular month. So I'm now putting more effort on Tornadus now. Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Cpchris on Growlithe, TheMaster327 on th bird trio, and Psynergy on your Tornadus.

Last edited:

Scrufox86

Wow so after 340 horde battles I find my shiny Gulpin! ok I think I may do some more to see what shines next. I already have a shiny Scraggy so plusle/minun would be fine. then I may go back to my MMed eggs for a while and hatch them all before returning to friend safaris.

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck shiny hunters!

nickM

Gratz on all the recent shinies!

My shiny luck has expired for quiete a while now :( I'm hatching around 250 eggs a day for more then 2 weeks and still no shiny shinx!

Ohwell it will show up sooner or later =)

LullabyVullaby

Shiny Collector
WHAT!? 1609 REs into my Zigzagoon hunt and.....

I can't believe how quickly this Shiny Fletchling appeared even though it's not my target it's still an amazing shiny. It has a brave nature and alert to sounds which is good/bad. I will probably be staying here a bit longer for a zigzagoon.

Update: 3045 SRs for Chimchar in My pearl version not expecting anything to soon but not getting an uncatchable starly would be nice.

Congrats on all the recent shinies everyone and good luck on all your hunts especially those with longer hunts.

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Well, I wasn't expecting that.

After the 1600+ egg drought being broken eventually by the 861st Seedot hatched a couple of days ago, I started collecting for Lotad last night and I worked my way to get the right parent to breed with and just finished off that box which gave me 21 MMd eggs amongst them, so decided to collect my first proper batch of 90 to make it 111 total. So... egg 78 of the 90 broke out into that wonderful unmistakeable purple and blue combo. Missing Attack (so was the parent) and... Special Attack... damn. Swift Swim though.

Kept hatching... and FIVE eggs later, ANOTHER shiny hatched... with Rain Dish. Rather fittingly it's missing the Speed IV too, so perhaps I can use this in another way. Trick Room team ahoy, maybe?

I swear this game is determined to never give me the competitively viable shiny I actually hatch for though! Guessed I used all that particular brand of luck with the first MM I did with the 6IV Noibat... :p

However, that said...

Community Hunt 3/3 complete!
Dewgong - FS - 5th April - Hail
Seedot - MM - 14th April - Sunny Day
Lotad - MM (x2) - 16th April - Rain Dance