• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
just found a shiny spritzee, it looks adorable! however i absolutely despise aromatisse, is anyone here willing to help me get the shiny dex entry for it so i don't have to evolve my awesome looking spritzee?

Edit: oh, well I just caught another shiny Spritzee, guess I'll evolve that one and never look at the ugly abomination it will become

Last edited:

Sir Marly

Mega Sceptile Fanboy
I just hatched my first shiny of Gen 6 while mindlessly hatching Cyndaquils for Wonder Trade. I think it was only the 14th egg I had hatched and I'm just really excited and had to post about it somewhere!!
(might add a pic to this post whenever I can my phone charged)

Scrufox86

Lol I am back with a third shiny Gulpin! I did say this game likes messing with me lol. I think I will take a little break and then mabe try horde hunting on route 7 again for Hoppip as well as egg hatching.

Congrats to Kzbreakdown on Spritzee and Sir Marly on Cyndaquil! And good luck shiny hunters!

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
Nothing for me yet. My BQ in HG is at 680 REs. I know that I've said it before, but I still think this hunt will be longer than my last two hunts on this game. I'm also thinking about which pokeball I should use on Tornadus other than the Master ball. I've got the regular pokeball, Great ball, Ultra ball, Heal ball, Net ball, Quick ball, Dusk ball, and Timer ball. If any of you have any suggestion please let me know soon, since I'm hunting for it right now.

Congrats to the recent shinies, especially ShinyMisty on the surprise Scatterbug and Roseheart95 on Lugia. Also good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Cpchris on Growlithe, Cyberra on Litwick( sorry to hear that you got another Klefki), TheMaster327 on the bird trio, and Psynergy on your Tornadus.

Keyblade_Cub

Congrats to everyone getting their shinies.

Unfortunately I'm still having no luck getting this Honedge through MM. I'm now at 1,054 eggs. I thought my Charmander hunt took forever but this tops that by far. Still going to keep going though. I've filled all 12 of my boxes I reserved for breeding 3 times all ready.

Good luck to everyone else!

UPDATE: YES! Finally. I turned my head away from the game looking at stuff on Deviant art when I seriously gasped and noticed the beautiful red Honedge to my right. 1,064 eggs, 5IVs. Yay!
FINALLY! *faints*

Last edited:

Eclair~

ES member Eclair
Congratulations to you Rose on your shiny Lugia! Also Congratulations to everyone on their shinies and good luck on any of your present and future hunts!

Now an update on my progress!
So, after a couple of days (4-5 I think) of MMing a shiny each day, my luck ran out. two days ago thanks to grocery shopping & work, I only had 3-4 hrs to mm and didn't get one. My streak broke but if I had been free that day, I probably would have gotten one seeing as two days later I finally Mm'd a shiny :570: at the 183rd egg/185 eggs and I even ended up breeding/hatching an addition 25 eggs after that (so 210) in hopes I might get another but didn't expect it nor did I but I was also doing it to try and get a Zorua I can raise. Oh, I did btw but, back to the shiny Zorua I mm'd. Male, 5IVs all except sp. def (Ouch) and with a perfect nature and some egg moves and in a Luxery ball. I was SOO happy to get him, seeing as I've wanted him for years now (Never tried to get one though till now) and I was even willing to breed/hatch up to 300 eggs but glad I didn't have too. :) Oh and also, this one beat the MM'd Gastly for the record of my LONGEST even mm'd egg bred/hatch shiny mons to this date.

As to my next one, I may go after a Veneped or a Yamask next but, I'm probably going to but shiny hunting on hold for now so I can focus on the competition that'll soon be taking place. (Registration has already started and my team isn't ready yet)

Last edited:

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats everyone since my recent post and def congrats to Keyblade_cub on your honedge! I would start pulling my hair out if I were to get to the thousand and some eggs and lose my patience lol. So I decided yesterday to put two boxes of Chatot, two boxes of Sandile and a box of Snivy. Started hatching my eggs this morning and on the 18th egg got Chatot, and in the 100th I got Sandile still hatching the rest of my Sandile and Snivy eggs if I don't get a Snivy I will put 5 more boxes in, which I most likely will have to do anyways. Anywho, good luck everyone!

Started up my X version and literally stepped on my 3rd shiny of this generation while mounted on the mamoswine in the snow route. I was never crazy about this shiny, but i'm sure it'll grow on me. Welcome to the shiny club, Shiny Sneasel!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Hello everyone and congratz on all your new shinies! ^^
I'm back again and I finally got my X version. I wanna start with easy hunts. I've already found a shiny Magmar and 14 fish chaining shinies in just 3 days. XD
I've already started REing in FS but it seems FS is not that lucky for me. It's been days and no shiny yet. Any tips? ^^

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Recently caught my first Friend Safari shiny, a Sunkern. Coincidently, Sunkern qualifies for this month's CH since they learn Sunny Day by level up.
CH 1/3 complete.

Last edited:

Rain Dance

It's Raining Again..
I think I'm going to scream... I've been trying to reclaim the shiny Barboach my girlfriend for me before my game corrupted and all I keep getting is STUPID BLOODY POLIWHIRL! It's driving me mad, I'd be happy if I could at least get a good nature for a Politoed but NO, I KEEP GETING ADAMANT AND BLOODY NAUGHTY ONES! It's making me so upset, I just want my baby Whiskers back :c

Four, four damn shiny Poliwhirls and not a single Barboach. I wish I could just have good luck for once. ;-;

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
Well as an update to what i'm doing i'm still trying to fish up my first shiny. I'm on route 3 trying to go for a Gyarados or better yet a Cradawnt. So far no luck. I even did it pretty much all day yesterday considering my internet went down because out modem busted and I had to go out and get a new one, then we couldn't get the new one to work till we called our cable provider and they sent the internet to that modem. Overall it was a boring day and I got a few streaks past 100 and just nothing. I think my longest streak yesterday was 113 so uhg.

I'm beginning to believe that my games are sentient and don't want me to catch a shiny ever.

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
I have so many conflicted feelings for this shiny though. It has such a beautiful golden color, but it's a girl. Probopass has such a beautiful shiny color, but it's a girl. IT'S A GIRL! D'x

Also, out of the three Pokemon (with Pupitar and Shuckle), why Nosepass? And a GIRL?! D'x

Brave, perfect in both Defenses. I still have conflicted feelings about this GIRL though. Oh well, she has Magnet Pull though, definitely going to be useful later. P:

Me no like mustached females D'X

btw any nickname suggestions?

What's the deal with being so gender sterotypical, I think female probopass is awesome. Generally a bit confused with people being so hysterical about hating male feminine pokes and female masculine ones, the world and gender are not exactly black and white.....

Anyway, congrats on all the recent shinies, everyone! I'm especially impressed with people hunting in previous generations, it's making me think it would be fun to try starting a long-term SR hunt for Ho-oh in HeartGold at some point. Gen VI does seem to be kind about churning out shiny mons though, at least that's the case for me. Flying to Amsterdam on Wednesday I was so lucky as to finally run into the shiny Sandhsrew I'd been looking for in the friend safari. It's got a hardy nature but 31 in defense at least! Then, on the same flight, and only a couple of minutes afterwards, I hatched a shiny Carbink. It was the 166th egg which I know is really quick and lucky, but it felt like I'd been hatching eggs for ages hehe. Not used to MM-ing, and breeding competitive pokes sure is quicker.

Next up will be looking for hoppip in hordes, it's always been one of my favourites and the shiny colour is amazing. I might have a think about what to breed next as well, though I'll have to start revising for exams fairly soon..

Illusione-Tempus

Congrats to all recent shinies. And to Roseheart95 on the Lugia. :D

What's the deal with being so gender sterotypical, I think female probopass is awesome. Generally a bit confused with people being so hysterical about hating male feminine pokes and female masculine ones, the world and gender are not exactly black and white.....

Nah, it's just that I hate its type of mustache on a girl. Now, if it were a fancy straight mustache, I'd laugh to it if it's a girl. Too bad it's all curly... Actually, if I think about it for a second, I don't really like Probopass' mustache. If only I could groom it into a fancy one...

Also, I'd like to note that I do have male Lopunny, female Machamp and male Gardevoir, and I'm pretty much neutral with it. Before any more misunderstandings happen.

So right now I'm still breeding that Fennekin request. I won't surprised if I hatch a shiny first before I get the requested fox.

Good luck you peeps.

EDIT:
Hehe, fair enough! And it is a pretty crazy 'stache, for sure!

Speaking of which, (though I don't know if this is quite the right thread for it?) what is everyone's number 1 favourite shiny pokemon?

I prefer fancy myself though. P:

And for that question... Definitely Flygon. It has such an awesome shiny color. Milotic, despite being my favorite Pokemon, is my 2nd favorite in shiny colors. I really prefer to have one at Platinum, because it has a sprite error that made the red eyebrows blue instead, and I like it that way. P:

EDIT2:
http://i.imgur.com/tRyJ9ay.png
Now this, I want to have.

Last edited:

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Nah, it's just that I hate its type of mustache on a girl. Now, if it were a fancy straight mustache, I'd laugh to it if it's a girl. Too bad it's all curly... Actually, if I think about it for a second, I don't really like Probopass' mustache. If only I could groom it into a fancy one...

Also, I'd like to note that I do have male Lopunny, female Machamp and male Gardevoir, and I'm pretty much neutral with it. Before any more misunderstandings happen.

Hehe, fair enough! And it is a pretty crazy 'stache, for sure!

If I do a solid amount of work for my report today I might reward it with starting an MM hunt for a shiny zigzagoon... one of the pretties shiny forms in my opinion!
Speaking of which, (though I don't know if this is quite the right thread for it?)
what is everyone's number 1 favourite shiny pokemon?

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Just last night I began hunting with a new safari layout that took about a week and a half to obtain from the forums, but, after about twelve encounters, I encountered a shiny Oddish. She is now a Bellossom with Sunny Day and that means one thing.

CH 2/3

Last edited:

maldoror

Last night my White 2 file was extra lucky. First I found a shiny Petilil; less than 100 encounters after Tranquill. About an hour later, a shiny Combee appeared. I held my breath as it scrolled across, hoping for a female. And...it's male. Oh well, at least it came quickly.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies and thanks a lot for the congratulations from everyone, especially the VMs :)

I just thought I'd update on my plans for my next few hunts. First off, I wanted to try and MM something in sixth gen, where I haven't hunted anything yet, and I decided my target will be Feebas. After that, I've decided to be brave and try for a Badge Quest in SoulSilver, with my first target being a starter.

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
Congrats to all recent shinies. And to Roseheart95 on the Lugia. :D

If we could "Brush" Probopass' mustache, I would make it into Eggman's! JUST saying. x3

Nothing yet on my end. however, I'll have some time on Sunday to hunt, I am sure of this...as it is a holiday...and...I am 99.9% sure we are going to my Grandmother's this year, do to her having a surgery the other day. (She is doing fine)
.....And with my camera dead and I haven't gotten to time to ask my sister for the charger...I feel weird hunting. I don't know.

I am also choosing to do a Nuzlocke on my Platinum (I got Olimpic out)...So I can duel hunt for the lakes, too. That helps makes things go faster...right?

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz on the recent shinies, especially Roseheart95 on Lugia!

Nothing has shined for me just yet. I'm at 1,015 eggs for Spritzee, really hoping it shines soon. On my BQ, I'm around 2.6k encounters at route 10 but since Amaura shone so quickly, I wouldn't mind a long-ish hunt this time around. I have also done some hunting at the Abundant Shrine which is only 800 REs in so far. Bronzong has been a target of mine for awhile now; I've hunted for it before on my White version and I ended up with a shiny Vulpix, Stantler, and Misdreavus (which is 5%!), I was using Magnet Pull too! So hopefully this time I magnet pull me a nice shiny green bell. :]

Good luck everyone!