• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
I acquired a copy of SoulSilver yesterday and I started SRing for the starters on there, only did 10 though but I'll plug a bit into that now and then hopefully. Main focus today has been on competitive breeding but since most of that is done with my flawless Japanese ditto, it's all a blitz of very brief Masuda Method hunting :p. Nowt's popped up as an "accidental" shiny as of yet though.

Also started BadgeQuesting on Y a couple of days ago, I decided to forgo the starter as a) I want them all with their HAs and b) It's SO long! So, first shiny is being hunted in Santalune as I want a Scatterbug. I think this will be one of the few that I would be willing to do phases for if it doesn't shine first.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Obviously.
Hi guys! Congratulations on all the latest shinies! All well deserved, especially Roseheart's Lugia and ShinyMisty's Scatterbug!

I was just here, on the forum, organizing a trade with shinydragonairgirl for a Limber Buneary (which is finally mine, at long last! Thank you very much!) and, for that, I needed to catch a Murkrow and then evolve it into Honchkrow. So I went on one of the routes where Murkrow is available in hordes, but both routes were rainy. So I started to normally make encounters in hope of getting somehow a lucky Murkrow horde. It soon cleared up and used Sweet Scent. Little did I know hordes weren't accessible in tall grasses, and so the next encounter was a single one. But a special one...

[IMG139]http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/136702ShinyPumpkaboo.png[/IMG139]

That's right! A small purple pumpkin just for me! :D He's so cute!
And the thing is, as I was grumpily encountering in hope to get a horde while it was raining, I said "I bet I'll get a shiny even before the horde", and it happened. Now I REALLY think my prediction-voodoo powers are back! o.o'
He is Lonely (+ Attack, - Defense) nature which is... good and bad. He ended up with the Pickup ability, too, which is the worst, but I don't really care. I mean, it's a tiny and cute purple floating PUMPKIN! His IV spread is...
1-3/25/9-11/21-23/10-12/11-13, so that's definitely a physical attacker. Not too shabby as well. Might EV train it in Speed (let's take advantage of its tiniest size!) and Attack. Not going to evolve it, though (which will bring me to my fourth not fully evolved trained shiny). I have nothing against Gourgeist, really. I just don't like the feel of a male Gourgeist and he's too cute to change. <3

Shaymin and Magnemite are going well. Planning on hunting hard for them during the Easter Holidays. Hoping for any of these to shine! At least Pumpkaboo came to cheer up!

Good luck everyone! :p

Last edited:

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
I got myself a shiny Dratini through CF. I was taking a break from MMing and decided to try to find something doing CF, REs in FS, and Chaining. I did not count the number of hooks it took to get it. My hunt for BQ #8 in HG is going smoothly, I'm currently at 1215 REs. Also My hunt for Tornadus is going slowly, but at least it's moving forward at 320 SRs for it.

Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Cpchris on Growlithe, TheMaster327 on the bird trio, and Psynergy on your Tornadus.

TheMaster327

So, I gathered 10 boxes of Bonsly today. Guess what popped out of the second egg in Egg Box 2?

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/Snapshot_20140418_zpse6248a11.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/Snapshot_20140418_1_zps9ca41ad2.jpg[/img139]

Yup! Shiny Bonsly appears at 1,532 eggs total! It's Quirky, with Sturdy (have to Ability Capsule that), and IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 14 / 31

So overall, not bad at all! Although, the prospect of another one shining is interesting, as I still have 8 and a half boxes still to hatch...

Scrufox86

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post!

I have shiny news.. while hunting in a dark safari for Vullaby or Inkay I find a 2nd shiny Crawdaunt! lol this game loves giving me duplicates I do not need. Oh but before I started in the dark safari I hatched over 150 Froakie eggs but no shiny as I expected.

Anyway good luck shiny hunters!

LullabyVullaby

Shiny Collector
Hello Everyone!

I just reached 3603 SRs for my Chimchar hunt in my Pearl and nothing yet, it would suck to get an uncatchable Starly. I'm just hoping this hunt doesn't go over odds no matter what happens. As for my Y Badge Quest I recently hit 3060 REs since Fletchling I will be moving on no matter what I get this phase but hopefully it's a Zigzagoon. Next in my Y Badge Quest I will be hunting for Tyrunt anyway good luck everyone!

Congrats on the Bonsly TheMaster327!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Round 7 for deerling has ended shinyless at 2,590 eggs. Looks like I've got another marathon on my hands. Thanking Primus for the combination of volcarona's Flame Body and the Hatching Power S I get from tagging my Japanese Black, which cuts the egg steps down by 3/4 during the hatching process. Makes the hatching go a heck of a lot faster (and I'm just short of halfway to the Heavy Traffic medal now, too).

Switched out the sawsbuck I was using for a fresh-caught Japanese sawsbuck, to which I taught Rain Dance. We'll see if the deerlings get it. Was pondering making some attempt at the CH with the pokemon I plan to breed for (I have my list planned out and I'm not straying from it this time). But it turns out that all three pokemon (sawsbuck, luxray, and bisharp) can learn Rain Dance but not Hail or Sunny Day (oddly enough). Bisharp can learn Sandstorm but that doesn't count for the CH. So unless shinx and pawniard come very quickly after deerling I'll only be getting the CH 1/3 complete. Meh.

Lost Hotel RE round 4 is up to 1,400 encounters. If I get another shiny klefki I swear I'm going to break something.

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
I've stupidly started a HG badge quest (which is my first ever) instead of writing my report. Currently at 350 SRs. To keep myself entertained I've been working out how to do the probability calculations and figured out that in 350 SRs there's a 12 % chance of finding a shiny when there's three starters. It doesn't really seem too bad when thinking about it that way!

Good luck to everyone!

Dangertrout

The other day a bunch of us got together to play some pokemon, and shortly after promising my friend the next shiny hoppip I found....
A shiny hoppip appeared! (I was looking for Psyduck)
That evening I also nabbed a shiny Tangela in a friend safari ^_^

BUT!!
I had collected 500 eggs last week, and I finally finished hatching them all....
Nada. not one shiny in the batch.
*sad face*

Dangertrout

Forgot to ask: Did I miss anyone completing all three parts of the CH? I feel like there should have been more than 2 people in the OP by now

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, congrats to the recent shinies. I cannot recall if I have congratulated Roseheart on Lugia though! So if I haven't...congrats!

I'm currently creeping closer to halfway to the odds on White. I stand at 3,900 REs in Relic Castle now. I'm hoping Sandile shines now, but I'd take anything. I don't really mind Yamask, because at least I'll actually use it in my team - unlike Sandile. Though I find that Sandile is nice enough regardless!

I haven't touched HeartGold in a while, down to how I am more interested in Egg Move breeding on X. I did get some sweet Belly Drum / Copycat Swirlix and Destiny Bond / Pain Split Spiritomb, and I'm working on Toxic Spikes / Play Rough Skrelp next. Maybe I'll get a random shiny whilst breeding? I would love something, so I may just go and breed some nice pokemon with nice egg moves...and nice shiny forms just in case!

I must also mention that I did a couple of Mesprit SRs on Platinum recently. It's not going to get much attention, but it is there if I want to hunt it a little.

Good luck to you all, particularly those with atrocious hunts (TheMaster327 included, of course!).

EDIT: VMed some suggestions, ShiningKnightXY :)

Last edited:

zozo

SLIMED!
Wow, looks like there's been a lot of shinies lately! Congrats, people! ^^

So, I have a favour to ask. Yesterday, while trying to get a female Adaptability Feebas (and failing), I accidentally hatched an adorable shiny male Adaptability Feebas. Wish I had this kind of luck when I'm TRYING to get a shiny. xD Anyway, would someone here be kind enough to help me evolve him? He's got a Prism scale all ready of course. I thought I'd ask here first before trying out the trade-evolution thread because I feel a little better evolving shinies with fellow shiny hunters. Besides, it gives someone here a chance to collect some new shiny dex entries. ^^

Anyway, please PM me if you're willing and able to help me out. Of course, if someone here needs some help evolving their Pokemon, I'm happy to return the favour.

Thanks and good luck with your hunts! ^^

EDIT:

I got him evolved, thank you Chris! ^^

And I'd attach pictures, but, as usual, Serebii won't allow me to do so. :( I still can't figure out how to get around that.

Anyway, thanks again for helping me out and good luck with your hunts everyone! ^^

EDIT again:

Yay! Figured out this picture crap! Thanks for the tip, Creeper! ^^

[img300]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y351/flapasot/054766d7-326c-48f7-aa39-49687afbd75f_zps6b7c7afb.jpg[/img300]
[img300]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y351/flapasot/e0a8040c-d52f-493f-b922-b434d183d7d9_zpseb9df140.jpg[/img300]

Isn't he beautiful? n_n

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
I decided to get back into playing Y after I completed my HeartGold Badge Quest. My target was a Speed Boost shiny Torchic, so I got a good one from the GTS. I put that parent in the daycare with my hex Ditto and after IV breeding for a hex flawless I started to gather some eggs. It was around 1 a.m, and I was nearly done hatching the 4th box of eggs. I was busy reading something when all of a sudden:

Shiny Torchic :D.

I couldn't believe what I saw next, when I went to nickname it:

IT WAS FRICKING FEMALE :D. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it, but I was so excited that it was a girl. She didn't get Speed Boost, I'm just happy it was female.

She got a Jolly nature thanks to Everstone her father had and pretty awesome IVs to boot: xx/31/31/31/31/31. I'll get her HP IV at a later date.

I'm gathering 5 more boxes of eggs in hopes of getting my Speed Boost shiny Torchic. I just pray that it doesn't become my Unburden Treecko hunt :p.

Congrats to everyone with a new shiny since my last post! So happy that you finished your Bonsly hunt Master, now if only those damn birds would shine!

shinycharizard06

DiversePokemonMaster
does the shiy charm increase your odds of finding a shiny in the friend safari? I saw nothing of it in the OP so I'm not quite sure. I've had shiny charm for about 2 weeksand still nothing, of course I haven't spent all my time hunting but I start MM but then somebody offer me what I'm looking for so I have no choice but to accept
I have terrible luck of finding shinies especially when I want them, meaning i never get them. somebody always ends up trading me them which is lucky I guess but I've never had a succesful hunt. the only shinies caught by me were 3 lake of rage gyrados since I started the game over twice and in black last year while trying to complete the pokedex I RE a shiny garbodor that really disappointed me and surprised me as my first random shiny. then a few days later while breeding to complete the pokedex (I always use the japanese ditto just in case of shiny) my rhyhorn egg hatched and it came out shiny! that was the best luck I ever had and I miss rhydon but I traded her away for a shiny charizard because it was the only way I would get one with my luck and I've always wanted one so I went with it. hope to have more luck in the future!

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
does the shiy charm increase your odds of finding a shiny in the friend safari? I saw nothing of it in the OP so I'm not quite sure. I've had shiny charm for about 2 weeksand still nothing, of course I haven't spent all my time hunting but I start MM but then somebody offer me what I'm looking for so I have no choice but to accept

nope, the friend safari is locked at ~1/500 no matter what, though those odds are still quite good, it may still take some time to find a shiny

anyways I'm back with 5 new shinies, and after finally getting around to chain fishing again, i now have Luvdisc, Relicanth, Chinchou (now a Lanturn) and Alomomola, as well as finally finding a shiny Charmeleon in a friend safari, meaning i don't have to mull in my former jealousy at my friend who had a shiny Charizard of his own. now i just need to get around to finishing my Pokemon X and fetching enough money to purchase Charizardite X

congrats on any shinies since my last post!

edit: apparently I can't spell "friend" to save my life today

Edit 2: and now that number is 6 with a brand new Excadrill!

Last edited:

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I honestly have no idea what to hunt for my Rain Dance shiny. I already have my Bellossom and Avalugg, but I want to do MM over Friend Safari. Any random suggestions out there you guys could give me?

All legendaries in XY are shiny locked
Actually I believe the legendary birds aren't shiny locked.

Last edited:
So i recently joined the forum (today in fact) mainly to trade for event pokemon and friend safaris. Stumbled upon this thread and thought i would join in as ive recently challenged myself to complete the pokedex with shiny pokemon and with one of each pokemon so 1 Charmander, 1 Charmeleon, 1 Charizard. Have 11 so far, so a long way to go. Most recent shinies are 2 Ralts from a batch of 300 eggs. Looking forward to contributing to the thread and seeing everyone elses shiny pokemon.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

OK, that just happened.

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/Snapshot_20140419_zpsb4f15529.jpg[/img139]

Yup. Second shiny Bonsly from the same batch of 300 eggs. This one was egg #1,626 (94 eggs after Bonsly #1).

This one's a Careful nature, with IVs 31 / 31 / 31 / 21 / 31 / 31

So better than Bonsly #1! Still got Sturdy though... but I can Ability Capsule that.

Scrufox86

So i recently joined the forum (today in fact) mainly to trade for event pokemon and friend safaris. Stumbled upon this thread and thought i would join in as ive recently challenged myself to complete the pokedex with shiny pokemon and with one of each pokemon so 1 Charmander, 1 Charmeleon, 1 Charizard. Have 11 so far, so a long way to go. Most recent shinies are 2 Ralts from a batch of 300 eggs. Looking forward to contributing to the thread and seeing everyone elses shiny pokemon.

Wow well good luck with that. I have over 400 of pokemon up to the gen VI number in shiny form already so I am over half way there.

Right I have shiny news.. just now after a very long time I found my shiny Vullaby! and I am currently still trying to find my shiny Inkay in there before leaving the safari.

Anyway congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck shiny hunters!