• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Rachnera

One With Fandoms
I found a shiny Skiddo via Masuda Method only 14 eggs in, a month ago. Now it is a beautiful Gogoat. :D Currently, I'm Masuda Methoding for Chikorita.

Senrab

Hi people, I haven't posted here in a while.

My most recent MM shiny was an Abra, and it's perfect. Male (having a female Alakazam with a mustache just seems weird to me ), 31 IVs in all stats but Attack, and Magic Guard (Hidden Ability).:D

Question: Is Zygarde shiny locked?

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
It's been quite a while since I last posted, as I've been busy with training my team for the Elite Four on FireRed. Plus, I have a report due soon, so I've also been working on that. But the good news is -- I finally beat the Elite Four (with my team that was fairly over-leveled), and I've moved on to my next hunt in FireRed! I just barely started hunting for Moltres, and I'm at a whopping 16 SRs. I also began my fourth BQ hunt on HG a week ago, which is a SR hunt for Sudowoodo. That hunt is at 135 SRs as of now. I'm hoping to find more time later tonight to hunt, so maybe I'll actually make some progress!

Congrats on all the newest shiny additions, and good luck on your hunts!

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Hi people, I haven't posted here in a while.

My most recent MM shiny was an Abra, and it's perfect. Male (having a female Alakazam with a mustache just seems weird to me ), 31 IVs in all stats but Attack, and Magic Guard (Hidden Ability).:D

Question: Is Zygarde shiny locked?

All legendaries in XY are shiny locked

penguin100

Avid Pokemon Master
Hey this thread looks fun!
Im horrible at MM breeding. I tried it for so long for a shiny honedge and froakie, but I eventually just traded for them
I have my 6iv Japanese ditto to help me out
currently I am breeding some special froakie's for my one friend, but maybe ill get lucky and get another shiny froakie, it would be my 4th overall but my first shiny obtained by myself
I still haven't found any in game in x yet. I went on this streak when black 2 was released of random encounters where I found a shiny Woobat, Shelmet and Pidove in 4 days. that was exciting
I think after I am done breeding the froakie's I will try for a shiny skiddo, or maybe a shiny mudkip. I've always wanted a level 100 shiny mudkip that could hold its own in battle..... idk, just a random idea but I will try for it
I also trade shinny's if you guys are interested, although im sure not many of you will be since you all seem to breed on your own. but if you do I have all mine that id trade in my sig

LullabyVullaby

Shiny Collector
YES I CAN FINALLY START MY PEARL BADGE QUEST WITH A....

or so I thought before I looked over and saw that an Uncatchable Shiny Starly. In other news I am now at odds for my next Y badge quest shiny. Hopefully I get that Zigzagoon I want so much but anything besides a Fletchling would be nice. As for this Chimchar hunt I got this shiny 3796 SRs into the hunt and now I will continue the hunt for it with this count. Good Luck everyone!

Shiny Lord

I'M BACK!!! I am finished with university until next year and finally had a chance to play pokemon again recently. Just caught a shiny Teddiursa in FS with shiny charm. Its Quiet Nature and Above Average Overall. Greatest potential lies in HP. But its Attack stat is good, too. Stats like those... They simply can't be beat according to the person that judges your pokemon. I know its not the best nature but I still think it looks like a sick shiny and its one I've always wanted.

Eclair~

ES member Eclair
Soo, been trying to mm a shiny mon that I'll keep secret for now, needless to say, possibly +5-15 to this number but, I have bred and hatched 410 freaking eggs and not a one shiny! To make matters worse, the female mons that keep hatching with 6 perfect IVs don't have the right ability so I can't replace my 5IV one and be guaranteed a 5IV shiny due to this crap! (I've hatched about 2-3 6IV ones so far...) Well, I'll keep on trying, maybe till 510 before I call it quits for the tiem being but, DANG is this daunting. (Before this mon, the highest number it took me to get a shiny via this method was 183 eggs...)

Creeper

om nom nom
been mming for shiny chikorita the past few hours

and I troll you not

my eggs are hatching before I get five

before I get three, even

make eggs faster.

ashcrimson777

Newb Shiny Hunter
ugh, 1200 eggs, no shiny. Batch of 300 again or less boxes?
Either way, congrats to all new shinies and may you all have better luck than mine :)

LopunnyBunny

: Please Shine
I haven't posted in a couple days so I'm just stopping by to give a quick update:

ID: 47666 [FireRed] Squirtle - 1,000 SR
ID: 22660 [LeafGreen] Bulbasaur - 1,000 SR
ID: 44454 [Platinum] Chimchar - 750 SR

SoulSilver's Route 32 - Badge Quest #3
2,555 Random Encounters

Within the past 100 or so SR(s) I've gotten new IDs. I plan on getting Squirtle and Bulbasaur up to 1,250 SR(s) tonight hopefully. I may also work on my SoulSilver Badge Quest a bit more. I hope something shines for me soon!

Congratulations on all the new shinies, and good luck to those currently hunting. I noticed a lot of Badge Quest starting or are in progress. The best of luck to those people. :)

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

[IMG139]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/squashin8er/MoltresIn-battle_zpsd61eca0f.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/squashin8er/MoltresSummary_zps8a3397a0.jpg[/IMG139]

I honestly have no words. I literally just started this hunt today. Like always, I was completely prepared to be in this hunt for the long haul..... Instead, after only 91 soft resets on FireRed, Moltres decided to shine!!! Yep, that's not a typo -- just 91 freakin' SRs. I was absolutely positive that my eyes were deceiving me when I saw the pink bird coming across the screen, until it lit up and the sparkles flew. Shiny Moltres looks really cool! The battle itself wasn't too bad, and after 35 Ultra Balls I snagged it! Legendary bird trio complete!!

Oh, and the greatest part about my shiny bird trio is that all three of them have a Mild nature! I thought it was strange enough that Zapdos and Articuno happened to end up with the same nature, but I was shocked when I saw that Moltres was Mild as well. Not that Mild is the greatest nature -- I just think it's awesome for all of them to have the same nature!

Man, I feel kinda bad, though.... There are so many of you who need way more luck than I do... So to everyone who needs more luck, please feel free to take most of mine! My past several hunts have been much too kind. I really do love short hunts, but it almost feels like my game is just taking pity on me lol. Either my Trainer ID is super awesome or I am just getting extremely lucky. If anyone deserves an excruciatingly long hunt now, I think it's me XD

Congrats to Shiny Lord on the Teddiursa! And sorry about that uncatchable shiny Starly, LullabyVullaby :/ Hopefully you won't find another one of those before Chimchar!

Once again, good luck on your hunts!

Last edited:

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Congratulations to Manakete-Girl on Eevee, Pluski on both Nidoran and Cleffa, CallMyName on Heracross, AmazingChi on Seedot and Lotad, LullabyVullaby on Fennekin and Fletchling, CaptainAsherz on Ralts, ohjeezitskim on Frillish and Hawlucha, Bkdevil on Psyduck, pokemon trainer mystery on Eevee, tonyg44x on Lapras, Iwanuq on Feebas, LopunnyBunny on Totodile and Hoothoot, Scrufox86 on Gulpin, Paraqua on Totodile, Creeper on Amaura, ShinyMisty on Scatterbug, Roseheart95 on Lugia, Diego24 on Burmy, KzBreakdown on Spritzee, Sir Marly on Cyndaquil, Keyblade_Cub on Honedge, Eclair~ on Zorua, KantoPkmnMaster on Sneasel, Solfatara on Carbink, maldoror on Petilil and Tranquill and Combee, The Prince of May on Pumpkaboo, TheMaster327 on Bonsley, Dangertrout on Hoppip, AuraChannelerChris on Taillow, zozo on Feebas, Storm_Dragoon on Torchic, CorvusCorax on Ralts, .:Fandoms Lie Here:. on Skiddo, Senrab on Abra, pokemaster13 on Moltres, and everyone else on your shinies!

Sorry to LullabyVullaby on finding an uncatchable Starly, Cyberra on finding another Klefki.

Oh, and can anyone tell me why all three of my legendary birds have a Mild nature? I'm pretty sure nature is independent of shininess, correct? None of my other shinies on this file even have a Mild nature... So is it just by complete chance that my shiny Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres are all Mild? Or is there something about them being legendary or shiny that affects their nature? Cuz if it's determined randomly (and I haven't been able to find anything that says otherwise), then all three of these shiny, Mild, legendary birds were seriously meant to be together.

Congrats to Shiny Lord on the Teddiursa! And sorry about that uncatchable shiny Starly, LullabyVullaby :/ Hopefully you won't find another one of those before Chimchar!

Once again, good luck on your hunts!

Something I've noticed while hunting for my Squirtle in LG is that there are always a few natures that it seems to get way more than any others, regardless of the ID I have. It might be that you have the same thing happening with your birds, that they had a higher chance of being mild, though I'm not sure if having a higher chance of specific natures is even a thing...

---

So still no Squirtle or starter in HG shining for me. I ended up trading the shiny Chikorita I got over to another game so I could restart SS in order to dual hunt, since I didn't really want to do a badge quest with one anyway.
So far I'm at 3270 total SRs in HG so hopefully it won't be much longer, especially with the dual hunting.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Hey everyone! Congrats too:Manakete-Girl on Eevee, Pluski on both Nidoran and Cleffa, CallMyName on Heracross, AmazingChi on Seedot and Lotad, LullabyVullaby on Fennekin and Fletchling, CaptainAsherz on Ralts, ohjeezitskim on Frillish and Hawlucha, Bkdevil on Psyduck, pokemon trainer mystery on Eevee, tonyg44x on Lapras, Iwanuq on Feebas, LopunnyBunny on Totodile and Hoothoot, Scrufox86 on Gulpin, Paraqua on Totodile, Creeper on Amaura, ShinyMisty on Scatterbug, Roseheart95 on Lugia, Diego24 on Burmy, KzBreakdown on Spritzee, Sir Marly on Cyndaquil, Keyblade_Cub on Honedge, Eclair~ on Zorua, KantoPkmnMaster on Sneasel, Solfatara on Carbink, maldoror on Petilil and Tranquill and Combee, The Prince of May on Pumpkaboo, TheMaster327 on Bonsley, Dangertrout on Hoppip, AuraChannelerChris on Taillow, zozo on Feebas, Storm_Dragoon on Torchic, CorvusCorax on Ralts, .:Fandoms Lie Here:. on Skiddo, Senrab on Abra, pokemaster13 on Moltres, and anyone I missed! I've been getting back to hunting since I'm on my college break, and I've gotten to 2,020 eggs for Sandile for my White BQ, and 4.5k Chimchar SR's for my Platinum BQ and no luck yet! Gonna focus on Chimmy, kinda sick of seeing non shiny Sandile :p. Good luck to everyone, as always! ^_^
~RaichuArcanine~

Psychic

Really and truly
The other day a bunch of us got together to play some pokemon, and shortly after promising my friend the next shiny hoppip I found....
A shiny hoppip appeared! (I was looking for Psyduck)
That evening I also nabbed a shiny Tangela in a friend safari ^_^
I can confirm this. It was hilarious.

I got the Shiny Charm in Y a few weeks ago, and have had no luck - until this week. On Tuesday I was horde EV training, and found a shiny Weepinbell! Pretty awesome, since I had also caught a red Weepinbell way back in Silver - shame they changed the colour scheme.

Lately I've been trolling my little brother's dragon-type friend safari in the hopes of catching a shiny Dragonair, Gabite or Sliggoo. Well, today I caught a yellow Sliggoo! She's a total cutie, and has Gooey too!

Also after having the Shiny Charm in White 2 for months, in early March I finally caught my first shiny in it - Boldore! I now have caught a shiny in every generation!
Gen 2: Totodile, Geodude and Weepinbell in Silver/Crystal
Gen 3: Zigzasoon in Sapphire
Gen 4: Silcoon in SoulSilver
Gen 5: Boldore in White 2
Gen 6: Weepinbell and Sliggoo in Y

dunpeal

I've recently started shiny hunting for the first time! (Haven't played Pokemon since Gold/Silver). These are the shinies I've come across so far.

1. Farmed a friend's FS looking for an Abra. Went at it for about 4 hours, ended up finding a Shiny Male Espurr. Not abra, but not a bad first shiny.
2. Someone WT'd me a shiny Vanillite! =O
3. Chain fishing for Dratini, found a Basculin... and I'm glad I saw the shiny animation or I'd have never known!

Then, just this last weekend, I decided to hunt some guys that I am more attached to. My first hunt was for a shiny Mareep, via Hordes. I fully expected a Wingull instead, but lucky enough, I came across that sweet shiny Mareep within 90 minutes!

Then I decided to try to breed a shiny Ghastly. I went for the Masuda method this time (If you couldn't tell, I wanted to try all the methods out). Total IVs between parents was 10, so I was hopeful, but I did not expect to find a shiny, 5 IV Ghastly after only 75 eggs! The missing IV is Attack, its a Timid Nature... pretty much a perfect Ghastly for me. :3

Now I am using the Masuda method again, trying to breed a shiny Charmander. Just a hair over 200 of them hatched so far. Can't wait! :D

Oh, and what a great forum you guys have here!

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
So i'm in the process of hunting HA Female Pokemon to catch in Luxury balls for shiny Purposes(IlovemyshiniesinLuxury;D) And I was on Instagram(lol) Searching for the same. Females in Special Pokeballs and such. And I came across someone offering a Gible in a heavy ball and I was livid :/ Hacking is so annoying and the hypocrites that hacking for Special Pokeballs are even worse. Just makes me sad to see people thinking they got something cool(whichtheykindado) But it's still hacked :(

Well anywho. 500eggs on Luxuryball Ghastly and nothing yet. Gonna hunt some more HA pokes and then get back to collecting another group of 125 eggs :)

Wish me luck plz. AND CONGRATS TO ALL RECENT SHINES! And to all hunting. May you see the Shine soon :3

ashcrimson777

Newb Shiny Hunter
EV training my shiny Pinsir and Scyther and who should appear but a shiny Gulpin!!!! A free shiny, alright!!! ;)

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

Started my Feebas MM on Friday, but I was out yesterday so I haven't done much yet. Managed to hatch 25 eggs, as, to start with, I didn't have a Flame Body Pokemon with me (was looking for one on the GTS, since I'm not far enough in-game to catch one), so things went a little more slowly until I managed to get hold of one.

Good luck to everyone still hunting!