• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Sir Marly

Mega Sceptile Fanboy
About an hour ago while talking on skype I ran away from a shiny Sandshrew. But, the game decided to be kind and send this cute little shiny Nincada in its place :D
Pic!

Kingzard

Shiny Hunter
Just now, finally I found a Shiny Abra in my SoulSilver! It appeared after 2,368 SRs which is 11,840 total Pokemon seen! I'm so happy that I can move on from the Game Corner. I wil edit my post with pics tomorrow since my tablet has trouble with that lol. He is male and docile. The second one out of the batch of five. :)

nickM

Gratz on all the new shinies! Especially Chi on Fennekin ^^

I'm currently Sring for a shiny latias for May day on White 2, and i am collecting Eevee eggs for May's pokemon on my Y..
Also doing RE's on heartgold still in the slowpoke well :< dreadfull place!

Goodluck on all the current shiny hunts! :) keep it up!

Rain Dance

It's Raining Again..
I've been hatching Trapinches lately, and when I went to check the pokedex to see the entry... There was a shiny Trapinch there. A shiny FEMALE Trapinch. It must have been in the friend safari, and I must have run from it while I was doing REs in there...

Gosh it made me feel miserable :(

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

While EV training an Espurr in Frost Cavern I found a shiny Vanillite in the middle of the horde. She's female with Ice Body and she even has a Modest nature. She's so cute. No 31 IVs so she'll be remaining a Vanillite although I probably wouldn't have evolved her either way. Vanillite are too cute to evolve.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Scrufox86

Ok I am back with triple whammy! I got a 2nd shiny Mankey! a few days ago and then a 3rd shiny Mankey! and finally last night I got my shiny Riolu! Yes finally I can leave. I did not get a shiny Throh but I am not too bothered about that and I was fed up in that safari. Well I am taking a break from pokemon for a few days but when I return I will be hatching a lot of eggs. And then I will see what is left in the friend safari I need and work out what to do.

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck shiny hunters!

mellowrush

Oh my gosh, I'm so happy right now! The one hundred and third eggs of my dedenne hunt hatches and the black/yellow mouse cheers me up with its beautiful adorable presence:
(don't worry, I've checked before obtaining the eggs for the move helping hand)
Here's few shots of the cutie
http://s328.photobucket.com/user/mellowrush/media/_20140502_130814_zpshemgafbx.jpg.html
As you can see it's a careful female dedenne, who's often lost in her thoughts ^_^
http://s328.photobucket.com/user/mellowrush/media/IMG_20140502_124107_zpsfi0defnz.jpg.html
She's even my first shiny obtained through MM, it's just fitting :)
http://s328.photobucket.com/user/mellowrush/media/IMG_20140502_124114_zpsviekdxsd.jpg.html
If you try to pet her cheeks she actually shocks your hand :)
http://s328.photobucket.com/user/mellowrush/media/_20140502_130859_zpszntqynmq.jpg.html
Here she curls up in a ball: isn't she adorable?
_20140502_130917_zpsbab65vwu.jpg.html

Needless to say, community hunt part one achieved ^_^
I don't know what will be my next goal, I'll think about it
I'm so ecstatic right now I even forgot to congratulate your finding, so here's a late praise: greedy chibi for vanillite, shine for miltank, missigno master for skrelp (I'm actually looking for a skrelp myself), sir Marly for nicada, kingzard for abra (you're very patient!) and scrufox86 for mankeys and riolu!
Good luck on your hunts!

Edit: can someone help me uploading the picture, instead of just posting the site? I use the brackets as I read in the faq ,
, but it doesn't seem to work...still happy for dedenne though ^_^

Kyle Clarthy

Hey again, everyone! This is just a quick post, but I wanted to thank everyone who congratulated me or had some feedback in regards to my previous post. It was nice to hear it!

Well, I must have news, right?

So, I've been hunting pretty intensely since my last pig splattered onto the screen, and I haven't had any luck. I have been triple hunting on occasion, but mainly dual hunting. I find triple hunting can be quite stressful, if that makes sense. I have not actually seen a shiny while triple hunting, though ...

Until now.

For some reason I decided to put on my Black 2 Shiny Charm game in the middle of my other two DS's with Black and White on them. Maybe I just wanted to see those sparkles, I don't know. Anyway, after FIVE REs, I saw the shiny. It was immediately noticeable! My eyes darted straight for it! I could not believe it. I could not believe what I was seeing!

I don't know if you can see it now, because it's somewhat hidden ... but ...

[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0161.jpg?t=1399036626[/img139]
[img139]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/mantheus/IMG_0162.jpg?t=1399036627[/img139]

I'm aware of the risks of hunting here, but seriously? Seriously?! I can't even seem to get a shiny Clefairy, Solrock, Ditto OR Lunatone if I even try! I have none of those... I am clearly after Metang, you stupid games! But I wouldn't say no to another shiny. But this Piloswine fixation is seriously beginning to bug me.

I know people have spent a long time trying to get shiny female Combee and golden Growlithe (you know who you are!) but I'm just getting a little sick of lemony pigs! And it's sitting right next to a METANG!!!1 Ugh!

I can't give up on Metang, but I really hope I don't get another swine...

Good luck, everyone!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Pawniard round 2 has come up empty. Egg collection will probably begin this evening sometime for round 3.

TVDex

Good morning everyone and congrats to everyone who managed to get some new shiny pokemon over the last 24 hour or so. Ive hatched around 85 Bulbasaur eggs so far, nothing yet. Ive been side hunting on Black 2 at the same time and after about 1200 REs nothing there either. Hopefully something will shine today.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Edit: can someone help me uploading the picture, instead of just posting the site? I use the brackets as I read in the faq ,
, but it doesn't seem to work...

quote the post of someone posting a pic, you'll see how we do it :p

hint: it's the bracket/tag

Anyway

Community Hunt part 1 complete :D

[IMG139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/Volbeat-hatched_zps170e6276.jpg[/IMG139]

Shiny Volbeat shows up from egg #39, that was super fast xD

That's the Sport Ball by the way :D
I caught the Illumise parent in my HG during a Bug-Catching Contest.

Here's a pic of him with Helping Hand, after I renamed him and level him up until he learns the move, so that he counts for the CH.

[IMG139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/Volbeat-helpinghand_zpsa88485d2.jpg[/IMG139]

Now I can move on to the part 2 of the CH, MM-ing Wurmple for the "May's Pokemon" category :D

mellowrush

quote the post of someone posting a pic, you'll see how we do it :p

hint: it's the bracket/tag
First thing first: congrats on the shiny volbeat, really nice!
For the pic I've tried it before, but with no luck, I guess there's no harm in trying again..
Here's the adorable shot:
[IMG139]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l341/mellowrush/Community%20Hunt%20May/8b22df8a-a600-4906-be3b-4a694d4de386_zpsab3b3356.jpg[/IMG139]
And here's the one with the helping hand move
[IMG139]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l341/mellowrush/Community%20Hunt%20May/15eb3014-da1d-429d-bc1b-eb57d6ebd31f_zps95692080.jpg[/IMG139]
And here's one that proves I caught it in May
[IMG139]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l341/mellowrush/Community%20Hunt%20May/928b2086-b20b-42fb-a07e-21852105c9a7_zps2b765d05.jpg[/IMG139]
I hope it works...
Edit: it doesn't, I guess I'm not able..plus,my photobucket account doesn't seem to work right now... Really sorry, I'm just incapable...
Re-edit: thank you shine, I finally did it :)

Last edited:

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Just now, finally I found a Shiny Abra in my SoulSilver! It appeared after 2,368 SRs which is 11,840 total Pokemon seen! I'm so happy that I can move on from the Game Corner. I wil edit my post with pics tomorrow since my tablet has trouble with that lol. He is male and docile. The second one out of the batch of five. :)

Congratulations!! I'm currently sitting around in the game corner as well, hoping for an ekans or a dratini (buying 3 snakes and 2 dragons each time). I'm at 986 SRs at the moment and it's always motivational to hear somebody else getting it from the same place.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts and on those doing the CH which just started!

EDIT:
I seem to be having weird luck in other ways than shiny though. I keep getting full five male or five female team every ten resets or so, sometimes with just one reset apart and once I got ten males in one row (only 0.098 % chance).
In addition I once got three impish ekans in a row, which, even taking into account the fact that that can happen in three configurations from five pokes, is considerably less likely than getting a shiny - only 0.019 % likely in comparison to 0.061 % when doing five at a time. Although I'd rather have a shiny that's still kind of cool..
EDIT 2:
Oh my god I just got three careful in a row, two Dratini and one Ekans! What's going on!
EDIT 3:
Three bashful in a row. I think this cartridge is just messing with me now.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Edit: it doesn't, I guess I'm not able..plus,my photobucket account doesn't seem to work right now... Really sorry, I'm just incapable...

The problem was that you used a link/URL to the image's page, instead of the link of the image itself.

Don't use the one for "E-mail/IM", that one is a link/URL to the image's page, shown by the link/URL ending with "html".

Use the one for "Direct" instead.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
Yes!! I finally hatched a shiny Torchic! It took over 600 eggs but it was worth it. I never thought I'd get one. Now onto Snivy. Also congrats to everyone else on their shinies and good luck with current hunts.

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats to Sito on Nidoran, KantoMasta on Jigglypuff, DoctorYuyi on Illumise, ElectricBassClef on Vivillon, Greedy Chibi on Mawile and Vanillite, Jessara on Dunsparce, missastronaut on Mareep, AmazingChi on Fennekin, Shine on Miltank and Volbeat, Missingno. Master on Skrelp, Sir Marly on Nincada, Kingzard on Abra, Scrufox86 on Mankey and Riolu, mellowrush on Dedenne, and StrongBad456 on Torchic!

I've been dual hunting and single hunting with my games lately, switching between each of them to mix things up. I'm focusing mostly on Diamond and FireRed, though. My Raikou/Entei hunt is at 120 total encounters, Chimchar is at 410 SRs, and Viridian Forest is up to ~9,300 REs. The latter hunt is now my longest RE hunt on FireRed. Eh, it was overdue for another long hunt anyway.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

YES!!! I decided to take a break from Buneary since I was sick of looking at it, and I decided I wanted more shiny foxes, so I went after Vulpix... and I got her! After only 230 eggs!

Espirinaaa_zps631d64e3.png

:') I love her so much. I'm EV training her as we speak. Female, Drought, everything I wanted.'

EDIT: Oh god her SpDef is 0 and her Speed is 31 lol good grief why can't those be swapped?

Last edited:

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
100 Eggs to no Wurmple....I CAN get one of May's Pokemon first, Right?

Well, any who, I was in a bit of a depression hole last night and the night before, so I actually got sick. I am feeling better, sort of, but I want to cut my nose off. So I was able to get 100 eggs in with a German Wurmple and Korean Ditto.
This time, however, I am NOT going to stop until I get him. Losing that Wurmple way back when...I will gain him back!
For my other side of the CH...Sentret. Route 6. What else?

I'll be going to a Prerelease of the new Pokemon TCG set tomorrow, so I am not fully sure how much eggs I'll be able to hatch, as I'll be hitting my bed early again tonight to try and get better. I'll be trying, but nothing will be set to stone.

Congratulations to everyone, good luck, and I hope you have a fantastic...A-CHU-....day...

Kingzard

Shiny Hunter
Congratulations!! I'm currently sitting around in the game corner as well, hoping for an ekans or a dratini (buying 3 snakes and 2 dragons each time). I'm at 986 SRs at the moment and it's always motivational to hear somebody else getting it from the same place.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts and on those doing the CH which just started!

EDIT:
I seem to be having weird luck in other ways than shiny though. I keep getting full five male or five female team every ten resets or so, sometimes with just one reset apart and once I got ten males in one row (only 0.098 % chance).
In addition I once got three impish ekans in a row, which, even taking into account the fact that that can happen in three configurations from five pokes, is considerably less likely than getting a shiny - only 0.019 % likely in comparison to 0.061 % when doing five at a time. Although I'd rather have a shiny that's still kind of cool..
EDIT 2:
Oh my god I just got three careful in a row, two Dratini and one Ekans! What's going on!
EDIT 3:
Three bashful in a row. I think this cartridge is just messing with me now.

It's weird what the game gives you; my along with my Shiny one, there were two other Docile Abras in the same batch. I don't really get it either. xD

Anyways here he is: shinyabra.jpg

I'm totally prepared for my next hunt. It will be Growlithe/Vulpix in Route 36 with a repel trick. Can only hunt while it's daytime because that's when they're level 15, the highest leveled Pokemon in the area. My leads are Lv15 Voltorb w/ Soundproof ability because these little monsters have Roar. I'm prepared for a long hunt since I want either of these guys sooo bad.

Good luck everyone on your hunts! Especially you, Solfatara! :)

Last edited:

Eclair~

ES member Eclair
Well, after 1310 (+ maybe 5-20 more, can't recall) of trying to mm that shiny mon, nothing. Longest freaking hunt EVER! :( I have the shiny charm and was mm so that's an even bigger insult and to top it off, two more insults being no female with 6IVs+ the right ability and lastly, while EV training my mons for the April Friendly comp I encountered a Shiny Cubchu now while you might think this was a good thing, I assure you it wasn't since I had absolutely NO TIME to redo the EV training and catching it probably would have given it some EVS. (Though later realized I could have negated the EVs for that one stat using berries so my following decision I regretted doing..) So while surprised and happy at first (Been years since my last random shiny encounter), I was upset, mad, and thought it's ruin my EV training and simple, soft reset the game. All I got out of that was, no shiny and confirmation that soft resetting your game won't give you a shiny for the next mon you encounter as it truly is, random. :(

Anyway, 1310 eggs mm and no shiny so, giving up or at least taking a break for now. :(