• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I hadn't gotten a shiny since last Saturday and felt I needed a pick me up, so I went fishing and consecutive fish number 38 comes up shiny clauncher. this is only my second ever shiny found by fishing, the other being a staryu who came up a lot faster.
i'm still mmingfor cubone, but doing the mix up thing, so I have like bunnelbys and stuff there too, and am about to hatc them, if anything comes up I'll make sure to post it.
and for the may community hunt, I've never participated in a community hunt so I would like to next month(being the same month as my birthday, why not?) the bug one sounds pretty cool, so idk if my voice will be heard, but owell.

Last edited:

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
My shiny drought continues. :( I'm at 25295 REs for my BQ in B2, 7915 REs for my BQ in HG, and 4490 REs in Platinum.

Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Cpchris on Growlithe, TheMaster327 on the bird trio, Dangertrout on your BQ, and Lunafloon on Sandile.

@Kingzard yes the only ones that are shiny locked are Reshiram and Zekrom, so you can still SR for any of the other legends.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Hey guys, so I decided to restart FireRed and I am SR for a shiny Charmander but Oy! I have so much respect for you guys who have like 1k+ SRs because I'm at 50 and I'm totally annoyed.

But I won't give up! I just hope it comes quick and I'm so on the fence about bothering with SR for the Legendary Birds & Mewtwo honestly lol.

Shao-May

Trainer in training
YES! My shiny Feebas appeared! But there is just one thing. I want to keep it in egg form so that when I'll transfert it to my future Omega Riby it will bear the right OT and stuff, so when it hatched I locaised it in my team, closed my 3DS and put the right egg in a box. So now I need to be reassured. Pokémon shininess is determined once you GET the egg right? It will still be a shiny if I hatch it, right?

I didn't checked the stats or the ability but I know it's a male (wanted a female but, oh well).

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
YES! My shiny Feebas appeared! But there is just one thing. I want to keep it in egg form so that when I'll transfert it to my future Omega Riby it will bear the right OT and stuff, so when it hatched I locaised it in my team, closed my 3DS and put the right egg in a box. So now I need to be reassured. Pokémon shininess is determined once you GET the egg right? It will still be a shiny if I hatch it, right?

I don't think so... isn't shininess related to the PID so it might be shiny on the hatching screen but then it'll be normal since it changed PID.

Source, Bulbapedia:
In Generation III onwards, it is possible for an Egg to hatch Shiny on one game but not another. This is because Shininess is partially determined by the Original Trainer ID and Secret ID number. Eggs have the ID and SID of the game they were originally bred on, but change to the ID and SID of the hatcher immediately after hatching. It is this change that affects Shininess.

TheMaster327

I didn't checked the stats or the ability but I know it's a male (wanted a female but, oh well).

I don't think you can Bank Eggs... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Even if you could bank eggs, the egg wouldn't hatch shiny. Do not move that egg, you need to hatch it on the file you obtained it on or else it will not be shiny.

as long as it is in the same game, it'll stay shiny- but if you trade it off it won't

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Even if you could bank eggs, the egg wouldn't hatch shiny. Do not move that egg, you need to hatch it on the file you obtained it on or else it will not be shiny.
^ This

Too bad you can't Bank eggs though. It would make gathering eggs when MMing sooooooooooo much more likely to get you a shiny. 70 boxes of eggs anyone?

Scrufox86

Hi all. Congrats to all new shinies since my last post. I have a triple whammy! I got my shiny Sigilyph a few hours ago and then about an hour after that i found my 2nd shiny Audino and then just a few minutes ago i got my shiny Smeargle!

Good luck shiny hunters!

So I don't have much to report, except my numbers of Eggs hatched were off. It was 60 instead if 90. Either way, I hatched up to 121 eggs and have started to fill my boxes with new Chimchar eggs. I also changed around the Chimchars in the Daycare for better IVs.

Good luck to everyone else, and congrats on the latest shinies!

Shao-May

Trainer in training
Super Pichu Chan: What?! Seriously?! (Sad face.) Thanks for the very valuable info though.

So in the end the Feebas has been renamed Toshiro (need a more badass name later). It has adaptability (it's HA) and has 31IV in everything except spDef.

EDIT: Oh irony! Another shiny hatched while doing a request. A naive Krebby in a lure ball. It seem that my MMing luck is related to my request. XD Interesting.

Last edited:

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
I has been gone for a while now...
Sorry! Been busy with graduation and such.
I have come with three recent shinies.
One is an Espurr that I got randomly through FS (I caught one for breeding and the second encounter was a shiny one)
A Trevenant from WT (Scared the crap out of me) http://imgur.com/qiLfouV
And... one I am most surprised at...
I got sick and tired of the fossils in my bag so I decided to revive and WT them, as well as getting the X exclusives and suddenly, I almost hit yes...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFkRRRUWp78&list=UUpkXpSiU1Ti8FGiH2_r21eQ

I wanna hunt the Fossils after I get this Seedot shiny :) and I love the thumbs up at the end of the video xD

Shinnies are related to your PID You can't trade the egg and hatch in a diff UNLESS it has the same PID which is nearly impossible. Sorry :/

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

Alright, I'mma try to SR for a Shiny Ho-oh in HeartGold. HERE I GO!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to ShockwindZ on Mewtwo, eiger on Snorunt, TomoEGoto on Kabuto, The Mustache on Bunnelby, Tangeh on Chimchar, Shao-May on Feebas and Krabby, The Mustache on Pancham, and everyone else on your shinies!

And thank you, Shadowkrow :)

-------------

Umm, I thought Poketransfer in B/W/B2/W2 was still usable.

Depends on what that relies on. If it uses the Nintendo Wi-Fi, then it doesn’t. If it uses IR or whatever, then I think it’ll still work. But all I meant was that I can’t just get a bunch of pokemon Checked and then transferred to Gen 5 via the site, which I found easier. I think as long as trading/transferring doesn’t require Nintendo Wi-Fi, then it’s still possible. So GTS trading is gone, but trading in person will still work.

With May finishing in less than a week, have there been any thoughts on next month's CH?

I like the theme we’ve had of multi-part hunts (as always, I’ll reiterate the fact that my opinion doesn’t count for much since I never do the CH…), especially since there’s been a pleasant amount of good, unique ideas for each month lately.

This could work for any summer month, but what about a hunt for pokemon that can learn Heat Wave, either by leveling up or breeding? I suppose, like with a ‘Mother’s Day’ themed hunt, this could have issues with people’s geographical locations where our summer months are their winter months, but are there that many of you :x?

Anyways, here are the pokemon that would qualify for a Heat Wave hunt:
By level up: Charizard, Growlithe, Moltres, Torkoal, Heatran, Volcorona

By breeding: Vulpix, Growlithe, Slugma, Numel, Chimchar, Pansear, Litwick, Heatmor, Fennekin

On a similar, weather-themed idea, how about pokemon who evolve with a Sun Stone? (Gloom, Sunkern, Cottonee, Petilil, Helioptile).

---------------

Mainly posted for the CH idea, but I’m almost done training my pokemon. I leveled my Magnezone to 100 today and Magneton is at 91. I’m working every day this week, including a double on Friday, and then I leave for TX early on Saturday morning (flight at 6am D: ). And I still have to pack and I’m going to try to hang out with some friends. Plus other stuff. So still a little busy and I’ll most likely stick with my plan of not hunting until I’m back from my trip. Or if I do decide to hunt, maybe I’ll do a side hunt, like continuing SRing for Snivy.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, LullabyVullaby, Shadowkrow, ChaoticInverse, Lunafloon, and TheMaster327)!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Depends on what that relies on. If it uses the Nintendo Wi-Fi, then it doesn’t. If it uses IR or whatever, then I think it’ll still work. But all I meant was that I can’t just get a bunch of pokemon Checked and then transferred to Gen 5 via the site, which I found easier. I think as long as trading/transferring doesn’t require Nintendo Wi-Fi, then it’s still possible. So GTS trading is gone, but trading in person will still work.

Transferring never requires wi-fi, except 5th Gen to 6th Gen, which use a different server anyway. 4th Gen to 5th Gen uses the DS Download Play menu, which is local wireless.

In fact, I just recently transferred some Pokemon from 4th Gen to 5th Gen ;)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Yellow fire-chicken!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6330_zps651f0589.jpg[/IMG139]

Egg 304 hatched yellow, only a few minutes into today's leg of the hunt. Which means...

...Community hunt complete 2/2! Audino/torchic May 25th 2014

He's Bold-natured, which is probably a really crappy nature for a blaziken, and has Speed Boost.

Am now hatching for doduo in a dusk ball... Am hoping it's a male that finally shines. I like the black necks better than the white necks... Am also rather amused by the fact that even though doduo has a 50-50 gender ratio, I'm hatching more females than males. Some of my batches of five eggs are hatching one male and four female.

do you have shiny charm? this goes for everyone. DOES SHINY CHARM REALLY HELP YOU IN MASUDA METHOD???

No, I do not have the shiny charm, in Gen VI or in Gen V. And there's a lot of debate over whether or not the shiny charm affects MMing. I try to stay out of the debate.

Last edited:

LopunnyBunny

: Please Shine
Well, it pretty much took up a majority of my day/time so I haven't really progressed much in my other hunts. BUT, I now have competitive parents for Houndour, Poochyena, Starly, Riolu, Croagunk and Skiddo. (HA Starly was a huge pain to get) I'll be back to hunting for Bulbasaur as well as these guys tomorrow. :)

A lot of nice ideas for next month's community hunt. Hopefully someone is keeping track of all of these ideas so we can all do a vote like we did this month?

Congratulations and good luck everyone!