• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

The Mustache

Yellow fire-chicken!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6330_zps651f0589.jpg[/IMG139]

Egg 304 hatched yellow, only a few minutes into today's leg of the hunt. Which means...

...Community hunt complete 2/2! Audino/torchic May 25th 2014

He's Bold-natured, which is probably a really crappy nature for a blaziken, and has Speed Boost.

Am now hatching for doduo in a dusk ball... Am hoping it's a male that finally shines. I like the black necks better than the white necks... Am also rather amused by the fact that even though doduo has a 50-50 gender ratio, I'm hatching more females than males. Some of my batches of five eggs are hatching one male and four female.

do you have shiny charm? this goes for everyone. DOES SHINY CHARM REALLY HELP YOU IN MASUDA METHOD???

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

Since I've been at expo these past three days, I only managed to do some hunting yesterday after I got back. So I'm now at 5,862 REs on Route 32 for my Badge Quest, with no shinies to report.

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Having done 212 eggs for Trapinch, I am now aiming for 340 eggs in total today. I am hatching 60 more eggs as we speak, and I hope this hunt doesn't go on for ages. Wish me luck :p

Congratz on all the recent shinies too! And I hope you get your Eevee soon Kim!

EDIT: I'm going tryhard mode. I have done 272 eggs now, and I have now decided to get to 400, not 340! Wish me luck!!

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Woot!

I've been doing some idle Static-trick horde hunting on Route 5 at night... MMing on two DSes plus whatever I'm doing on my computer just takes too much concentration. Honestly I was expecting gulpin or scraggy (I may do a non-static HH for them later), and for it to take a lot longer. But after only 644 hordes/3,220 encounters, I hear the sparkle sound!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6335_zps993ffbb6.jpg[/IMG139]

Shiny minun, to go along with my shiny plusle! I have a matched set now ^_^ He gets his name from that lovely mint-green color.

cinderkitteh

Pretteh Kitteh Khat
I just found a Frogadier in the friend safari while searching for the person's 3rd pokemon, and I noticed it was a darker blue than normal :D And it's female!!! I now have the coveted shiny Greninja!

Dragonheart7

Dragon Trainer
Congrats to everyone with all the new shinies, i enjoy seeing all your new shinies , it keeps me working hard sorry if i don't congrats u all by name and special thanks to the people that always take time to congrats everyone by name your guys are awesome and keep me coming back =).

well after days of MMing for Totodile (650 eggs ), one came late in the nite and she is so awesome 5 max iv, next hunt Tepig, i always wanted one and is a cool shiny , =D but before that am work on my pokedex to i was to lazy in the gens before so am do in this gen =D.

Good luck to all on your hunts , hope u all get what you looking for =)

the cute lilt Totodile
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/JoeLight7/media/IMG_0253_zps31000287.jpg.html

Last edited:

mellowrush

Congrats to everyone : scrufox on Sigilyph, audino and smeargle (kudos for the trio), ShockwindZ on Mewtwo, eiger on Snorunt, TomoEGoto on Kabuto, Tangeh on Chimchar, Shao-May on Feebas and Krabby, The Mustache on Pancham and bunnelby , cyberra on torchic (compliments for the ch:)) and minum (and the matched set), cinderkitteh on greninja and everyone else on your shinies!
Good luck to the greater Lucario for ho oh!

Personal update
A boring update again, as Squirtle, still eludes me... I've hatched another batch, this time worth of 68 eggs and this time I even bred a couple of moves from clawitzer, at least I now have a couple of candidates for the competitive side ^_^

Thoughts for June's CH
A summer dedicated challenged may seem to obvious, but I'd like to pitch in my version to: I was thinking about pokemon with sunny day, but there are too many of those, so I was thinking about the move morning sun... Not a great idea, I know...
A better one would be to obtain the summer version if either deerling or sawsbuck... It may be too specific, but we can add summer's pokemon from pokemon Ranger (Guardian signs), pichu and Staraptor, maybe extend the last one to the evolutionary chain we can have something more...
I'd like then to support the one proposed by the Prince of may, the one with psychic type, since lots of users are soon facing exams (including me)

So, to sum up :
Summer themed: deerling, sawsbuck (in the summer forms), pichu (without the ukulele) , starly, staravia or Staraptor
Psychic themed: Abra, kadabra, alakazam (maybe not wobufett :)), ralts, kirlia, Gardevoir, elgyem, beheeyem, Espurr, meowstic, natu or Xatu

By the way, if there are lots of good ideas, including the flower one we didn't make last month we can even do a three parter, if is not too much :)

Good luck to every shiny hunter!

Last edited:

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Finally I caught another shiny Legendary! After roughly 5000 SR I managed to capture Lugia in SS.

Its Bold, so my Sync worked (Thanks to Abra).
IVs aren"t that great: 3/31/17/15/9/13.

I believe I saved 5 times just to make sure :D

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
Well after 1000 eggs for Gligar I still haven't found it and decided to work on getting the shiny charm first since I have it almost complete.

CH Ideas

Summer coloured
Shinies that have warm colours like yellow orange and red.

Psuedo Legendary
a Hunt for the Psuedo Legendaries and their evo line(Dragonite-Tyranitar-Metagross-Salamance-Garchomp-Hydreigon-Goodra)

Hoenn Themed
Pokemon that came with the Hoenn Generation(3rd Gen) as a pre ORAS hunt

BenYS

Shiny Hunting!
About 200 Eevee eggs in, no shiny yet. After my past luck I probably shouldn't be surprised! I also realised, I already got Bulbasaur, so that means I've actually done the 'May's Pokémon' part of the community hunt...if I can get a shiny Eevee within the next few days then that means I can complete the Community Hunt, as it has Helping Hand! So here's hoping...

As for the next Community Hunt, I'm not so sure about bug Pokémon - didn't that happen fairly recently also? I could be mistaken though. I think having two parts to the hunt is pretty good, as it gives more incentive to those likely to get more than one shiny a month.

Dangertrout

Lots of ideas for the next CH and I need to update the OP >.<
But no time right now, unfortunately.
I'll try to find a couple hours to get this all done later this week.
Sorry folks, moving is the pits :(

On a side note, I'm thinking of doing a WT event in which I send off shinies into the ether one afternoon.
Is anyone else interested in organizing such a thing?
I think it would be neat to see WT flooded with shinies :p

TheMaster327

This happened some 6-7 hours ago, but I wanted to hatch the rest to see if I got more. I didn't get more, but after 227 eggs, this popped out!

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/Snapshot_20140526_zpsa81649d1.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/Snapshot_20140526_1_zpsbc68a24d.jpg[/img139]

Yup, shiny Phanpy! It's Impish (Everstoned) and female, with IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 3

I think that's quite good, to be honest.

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Been away for a weekend so blanket congrats to everyone on their new acquisitions!

That weekend in question involved the UK VGCs [5-3 for my first one, I'll take that!] and with that came a shiny Mamoswine distribution at the event, so yeah, got one of those. No real time plugged into any hunts though. Did take my Y Badgequest to 800REs though.

As for June's hunt, I did think about June 21 and being the start of summer so either Fire pokemon or Sun Stone, but remembered it's the other way around for Southern Hemisphere friends... So perhaps pokemon that have different stats depending on form? Or a Fire & Ice two parter to acknowledge it's Summer up here and Winter down there?

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I finally have time to report today.
First of all, congratulations to everyone and their shinies!

Now, earlier today, I was shiny hunting in a Fairy FS. I was hoping to get either a shiny Spritzee or a shiny Floette.
Instead, I came across a shiny Snubbull. Eh, still a shiny.
It has 31 IVs in defense and speed.

I am not sure what I will hunt next. Perhaps continuing for that Inkay....

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Regarding the CH, I would quite like to maybe do a Hoenn hunt considering ORAS was recently announced, and we will most likely be getting some more information at e3. I have always wanting to reclaim a Ralts from a few years back, so it would provide the perfect opportunity to do so. I am also considering hunting for a Shiny Treecko.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Regarding the CH, I would quite like to maybe do a Hoenn hunt considering ORAS was recently announced, and we will most likely be getting some more information at e3. I have always wanting to reclaim a Ralts from a few years back, so it would provide the perfect opportunity to do so. I am also considering hunting for a Shiny Treecko.

Instead of doing it in June, how about we think about a Hoenn based hunt for October, when the games will be out the following month? Makes very little sense to do a hunt because of ORAS 5 months before release.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
So I today I learned I cannot focus on one solid hunt for my life :/ I always end up just messing around in the FS or HH or CF when I'm on a MM/SR or whatever it is... and yeah, I CF'd a shiny Magikarp cause the gold is cool and I only had the Lake of Rage Gyrados. He has a hasty nature w/ a NN of Carpe Diem and caught in an ultra ball (cause gold). Soooooooo yeah, congrats on recent shinies and GL to those hunting

Shao-May

Trainer in training
This is getting a bit ridiculous. I got yet another shiny while doing request! My third this week! In less than 10 eggs each! Oh my Lord Helix what is going on! XD I think the game is trying to make up for my 2000 honedge eggs. Anyway the pokémon is an Audino (my second) is female in a dream ball with the ability klutz. WHY CAN'T YOU BE NAMED VIOLET!

Random note: I agree that you should do a gen 3 CH sooner or later and for june I say pokémon (if they existed) that people could be allergic (because it's allergies season).

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter

CH1/2 Complete

I got a new safari with chanseys in it so I went in to try and get a shiny one for my dex. Its not a chansey but it sure a nice one.

Congratz to all the shinies and goodluck to the hunts!!!

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
392 eggs is enough for me today!

I will aim to get 500 tomorrow! I cannot wait for this Trapinch!! I just hope it has the correct 5IV spread!