• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats to everyone since I last posted, which was a very long time ago so there is a lot! Over the weekend I did a lot of Horde Hunting and on Friday I got Psyduck, which is now evolved into Golduck. Then, on Saturday I caught Wingull, which I nicknamed Peeko. Last night I ended up getting a Houndour, which was the one I was most hoping for on that route. Before, that a couple weeks ago I got a Sneasel in the FS. So congrats once again and good luck to everyone hunting!

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
I said today in my previous post, my next target will be Tirtouga.

And what do you know xD the same day as Shiny aerodactlye hatched
a shiny Tirtouga hatched ! His name is Laguna !

Stats:

Nature: Jolly
Abillity: Solid Rock
IV's: 31/31/28/x/31/31
Eggmoves: Guard Split, Flail, Knock off, Iron Defence.
And its also in a Dive ball.

This one is actually very useable in Wi-fi matches !

Congrants on the recent shinies everyone, and good luck hunting!
My next aim will be Flabebe!

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
Completely unexpectedly, I got a shiny Cyndaquil on the 212th egg! Now I have the Johto, Hoenn, and Unova starters shiny. I don't know what to go for next. Probably either Fletchling or another starter. Also congratulations to everyone else on their shinies and good luck hunting for more.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to Azulart on Aerodactyl and Tirtouga, Shao-May on Magikarp, StrongBad456 on Cyndaquil, and everyone else!

Shiny Inkay hatches after 565 eggs!

I was feelin' like this was gonna be a long hunt but fortunately I was wrong! :] The IVs turned out to be 31/x/31/31/31/31.. I'm really hoping the attack IV isn't too low, I'll have to check later though. Two more lines to go, Bergmite is up next. Let's hope these MM hunts continue to stay under odds!

Good luck everyone. :]

Mays

Been hunting for a shiny Dedenne on my main 3DS, so I carried on hunting but also got a Fighting safari up on my other 3DS and I got a shiny Throh! It'll do, I suppose! Now to hunt for Eevee, Dedenne and Feebas

ohjeezitskim

Eevee is going.. but going slow x3
Definitely not going to make the community hunt!
I have 60 eggs currently waiting to be hatched, but will collect
60-90 more before I start hatching them. x.x

Hoping he/she will shine soon since it's been a while since I hatched
my shiny wooper, my last MM. I want it to stay under 1,200 eggs lol

Congrats to those who completed the community hunt and to those
who hatch/found shinies :3

maldoror

I'm still trying to reclaim Golett with no luck thus far. I am hunting it on route 10 and MM at the same time. Yesterday morning, I was wonder trading some of the hatched Goletts and received a trade request from one of the recipients. They offered me a FS shiny Sableye, which I gave them a duplicate shiny Spearow in return. It is still at level 30 and is Japanese. I don't normally use traded shinies, but I will make an exception since I traded one of my catches for it.

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
So my luck didnt end just yet. After I decided to abondon my Y Badge Quest since it just wore me out and I wanted to play further this energizer bunny from hell showed his face.
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w602/dkops1/0e07d15886d8766949d6b3c17c968ea9_zpse305b208.jpg

Its hard to see in amie so here is its party screen:
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w602/dkops1/a1b648507bf8d579dcffda0a66cb514f_zpsb8f900bc.jpg

So I have decided to take a cheat day and count this minun as my first shiny and revive my Badge quest. And so the Badge quest will continue and I will probably hunt for a eevee or a fossil next. Or maybe zubat...

Gratz on all the succes and goodluck on those hunts

Ratedjko

I have a shiny question if someone could please help me, I saved my game in a friend safari and a couple of turns later came across a shiny pawniard, I already have 2 of them so don't want it, if I turn my game off, will I still come across the same shiny in as many turns? any help would be great. thanks :)

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
I have a shiny question if someone could please help me, I saved my game in a friend safari and a couple of turns later came across a shiny pawniard, I already have 2 of them so don't want it, if I turn my game off, will I still come across the same shiny in as many turns? any help would be great. thanks :)

Nope you will not come across the same shiny again.
Its an random value, if you did happen to see that shiny it means the value matches yours
but this value is also determined with time and such.. so soft reseting isn't an option.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
so will I get a different shiny in as many turns then? sorry i'm new to all this :)

Thats oke, in the game there is something called an Shiny Value.
Every DS system has its unique shiny value, and every pokemon you will come across has an value
that cannot be seen with the eye.

If you happen to come across an shiny that means the Shiny value of the pokemon is the same as the person finding it.
As I stated, this value is determined by an random factor, so if you save the game and come across an shiny and reset it
the same moment you will probably not find the same shiny again because a diffrent value is present that doesn't match yours.

The shiny value can be influenced by MM breeding and the Shiny charm.
Increasing your chances that the value of the pokemon matches your value.

If you want to know the exact numbers of chance with shiny pokemon
I really recommand you searching that up in google, because I dont know the exact numbers haha.

Hope it helped.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've continued hatching eggs for my Shiny Minccino MM hunt and I've hatched around 80 thus far, which isn't very impressive, but I just haven't had time to work on said hunt. I'll try to hatch more eggs this coming weekend though and maybe a few more tonight. Good luck to everyone else on their hunts.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Congrats to everyone on their shinies! and good luck on your current hutns!
Currently MMing for a shiny aipom ^w^
100+ eggs in and still no shine but I'm not giving up! Have the perfect nickname planned for it :3

LopunnyBunny

: Please Shine
You guys, something shined today for me. On the 56th SR for Torchic today:
[IMGSIZE=500]http://i.imgur.com/StpFdbo.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
Welp, I can't say this wasn't to be expected. :( Oh well I guess. I was really sad a minute ago, but it's whatever. Just got to keep moving on with this hunt until Torchic shines.
So the original plan was to get Torchic up to 8,192 SRs today. (Not going to let this Pooch stop me in seeing that through) Also, I was also in the process of hatching 40 Bulbasaur eggs and 70 eggs for Houndour/Poochyena/Starly/Riolu/Croagunk/Skiddo. Would be really nice if something else shined today to lift my spirits.

Congratulations and good luck!

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
Ouch, LopunnyBunny, that sucks. Good luck with your other hunts!
I was chain fishing for Luvdisc so I could get the Heart Scales to use on the team I'm building, and to my delight I found my very first shiny at three catches in! My little Goldenheart is really pretty. I'm so glad she shined for me, even though I wasn't looking for shinies for once.

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
You guys, something shined today for me. On the 56th SR for Torchic today:
[IMGSIZE=500]http://i.imgur.com/StpFdbo.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
Welp, I can't say this wasn't to be expected. :( Oh well I guess. I was really sad a minute ago, but it's whatever. Just got to keep moving on with this hunt until Torchic shines.
So the original plan was to get Torchic up to 8,192 SRs today. (Not going to let this Pooch stop me in seeing that through) Also, I was also in the process of hatching 40 Bulbasaur eggs and 70 eggs for Houndour/Poochyena/Starly/Riolu/Croagunk/Skiddo. Would be really nice if something else shined today to lift my spirits.

Congratulations and good luck!

I want to say this means you don't have to do anymore Hard Resets. So...Count the Poochyena as a good sign?

As for me...Well, like I said before, i haven't been doing much in terms of Shiny Hunting. I really want to do a badge quest on Heart Gold...but I must catch Lugia and Ho-Oh first for my sister.
...And...I am thinking on doing a badge quest on Black 2 (I play through White 2 as a Nuzlocke)

I...I am first going to go to sleep. I haven't had any sleep for a week...