• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

BenYS

Shiny Hunting!
Around 400 eggs into my Eevee MM hunt, I brought in Vullaby as well for a bit of a mix-up. Around 600 eggs in now and still nothing! I have high hopes for my next big batch though. Might include another couple of Pokémon just to spice things up a bit - it's just difficult to find ones that stand up to my very specific MM criteria!

mellowrush

Congrats to : Greninja vi on honedge, master of murkrow on panpour/simipour, tonyg44x on bulbasaur and drowzee (and the accomplishment of the ch), iwanuq on vanillite, yanma and skorupi (a nice trio, I really dig the ice one), wobbanut on kricketot (even if you already have the evolved form, it's always a nice finding), kokuoi on the fletchinders and pyroars (and welcome to the thread, it's a really friendly one, you'll have a nice time ^_^), maldoror on golett, Diego24 on eevee (and all the May's shinies) and everyone else I may have forgot to mention!
Thanks to iwanuq and greninja vi for the support, it really means a lot ^_^

Today was a pretty boring one for me, I have three exams coming up and I think it's better to prioritise those, at least for few more days.... That being said I was only able to hatch the remaining eggs from my Squirtle hunt, 54 eggs, unsurprisingly no other shiny it the batch, but I was expecting it :)
I then spent some time in the steel safari I mentioned yesterday, but no sparkle to report even there
I'll get luckier the next time ^_^ (maybe)

Good luck to every shiny Hunter, especially lopunnybunny on such a difficult quest!

Tangeh

I just hatched a shiny noibat before I was ready for it! D: The male was already perfectly IV'd / natured / German so I was just trying to breed a female with the correct spread and ability... Fifteen eggs in I hatched a shiny. Not sure if this is lucky or unlucky! Because I didn't care about the nature on the female, I was breeding with a power item instead of an everstone, so he got assigned a rash nature (+ SpA - SpD) which isn't the timid nature I was going for, but it could've been worse. Spread of X/X/X/31/31/31. I'll set him aside and try again I guess! Made for a bit of excitement anyways!

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
I have been spinning around a Normal Safari (the same one that gave me Persona) for a whole day pretty much. Nothing quite yet.

I chose this safari because, no matter how I look at it, I'll get a Pokemon for the CH. Sure, we are not even a week away from finishing this month, but that doesn't mean I can still try. Besides, I really want a Shiny (Male) Glaceon. Not very picky with the nature, however I want the Glaceon for the fact that I have a character who is pretty much a Glaceon, and the Shiny form is closer to him than the normal form (plus, I wish to have all the shiny Pokemon)

I also have Minccino (as you already know) and Lilipup.
I found a calculator that has actual memory, so I have been keeping track at how many encounters I have had. ~300 to 350 range (as of typing this. I am hunting as I type)
I kind of hope to get the Eevee first, as the Helping Hand/Assist MIGHT be easier to do than May's Pokemon.

I want to try to get this CH before the month ends! :D

MDS777

The name's Riley
Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies.

I'm still hunting for shiny Lugia in Soul Silver. I'm at around 1,750-2,000 soft resets. I'm hoping for it to shine soon. If it doesn't shine soon, I'll probably move on to my next hunt and try for Lugia again some other time.

Well, good luck to everyone on their hunts! :)

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
I just encountered shiny Flabébé after I left Floette and shiny Ditto (Unova) at Daycare.

Shame about her nature... it's lonely.

I have two shiny Pokémon from Friend Safari. They're Espurr and Bergmite. Now evolved. By the way, Meowstic is male.

But hey, congrats on shiny hunting!

I don't have patience to go hunt/hatch... I'm pretty terrible at Radar and chain fishing. Just encountering randomly.
My shiny Pokémon are Poochyena (Emerald), Diglett (FireRed), Ponyta (Platnium) and Ditto (White 2). Just happened when training except Ditto which just happened when I went to Hidden Grotto in Giant Chasm at first time.

LopunnyBunny

: Please Shine
So I'm now up to 9.7k for my Torchic hunt. I believe I'll be in the 10k range by tomorrow, which is actually kind of exciting (This is my longest hunt after all). Can't wait to work on my other hunts this Friday and weekend! They've been extremely neglected these past couple days. :( I have been giving them some thought though and I've even went through and made a goal of where I'd want them to be by the end of Sunday:

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire: Torchic - 12,500 SR
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: Turtwig/Piplup - 500 SR
Pokemon X: Bulbasaur - 750 Eggs (MM)
Pokemon X: Houndour/Poochyena/Starly/Riolu/Croagunk/Skiddo - 360 Eggs (MM)
Pokemon Y: Chespin - 500 SR

Hopefully something decides to shine though, because my Torchic and MM hunts will be way overdue by then.

Congratulations and good luck! Also, thank you Mellowrush for the good luck. :) The best of luck to you as well.

elorasheppard

Congratulations to maldoror, diego24, mays, tangeh, absolutely absol and stickittothemon on your recent shinies.

During a study break yesterday, I decided to take a look at some newly acquired safaris and level up my (not shiny) Trevanant.

In the middle of a grass friend safari, I came across this little cutie, a petilil!

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=2132080243&photo_id=20284224910#20284224910

Its in a great safari, with gogoat so I may hunt here a little more. In other news, my sandshrew is still plodding along, I hope it is an under the odds hunt though

Good luck hunters, especially lunafloon and lopunnybunny on your stubborn hunts

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to everyone with their recent shinies!

I hatched a shiny Sneasel with xx/31/31/31/31/31 IVs. It was unintentional so I am very happy with the results :D.

On the other hand I have given up on hunting for a shiny Regice in Black 2. I dont mind long hunts, but this one has been going on since july 2013... I have no idea how many SR I did, but they must go well over 20000. It took all the fun out of the hunt, and with ORAS coming out, I might retry it then (when there are no stupid shiny locks).
I"m gonna continue on my SS game, so I can catch Ho-Oh.

Good luck to all of you!

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations to maldoror on Golurk, Diego24 on Eevee, Scatterbug, Flabebe, Swirlix and Panchamx2, Mays on Frogadier, Tangeh on Noibat, Absolutely Absol on Flabebe, Stickit2themon on Teddiursa and elorasheppard on Petlil!

Just did a little bit of hunting yesterday, which is still better than nothing. I'm now at 6,516 REs on Route 32. I'm still kind of ill, so I may go and watch something with my mum at some point, which means I'll be able to hunt more then.

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Round 1 for cyndaquil came up empty. I am not surprised. I'm about to begin my daily in-game running around before round 2 egg collection begins.

Once I get cyndaquil I'm going to switch it out for my Japanese totodile... Might as well get them both done while I have my shiny ditto in the daycare. After that: houndour.

In Y I'm at 450 or so eggs for doduo. Heeeeeeeeere birdie birdie birdie...

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Hatched 150 or so Magikarp eggs...none shined and I have now 3 boxes of 4-5Ivs adamant Magikarp to wonder trade...and 18 to put in Pokébank...

Kokuei

Thank you for the welcome, everyone!

Good luck getting the remaining Kanto starters, ShiningKnightXY, to BenYS for Eevee, to ShinyMisty for male Glaceon, MultiDarkShadow777 (or Riley?) on Lugia and LopunnyBunny on Torchic (that's a lot of eggs!)

Congratulations to maldoror on Golurk, Diego24 on Eevee, Mays on Frogadier, Tangeh on Eevee (wow 15 eggs!), master of murkrow on the Shiny Charm (hope it helps), Absolutely Absol on Flabébé, Stickit2themon on Teddiursa, elorasheppard on Petilil and eiger on Sneazel.

It's very nice to have this community, I don't know many people who understand the appeal of shiny hunting outside of here so it's lovely to hear the stories :)

Still no luck with Zigzagoon but somehow I've managed to get a good IV spread on the parents, no that I'll be using then in battle much. So long as they have Pickup I'll be happy. I want to count the eggs but I feel I may be demoralised by it, I'll count next time and see ;)

Thanks for explaining the community hunt to me, I might join in June's one!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Congratulations on your shinies everyone!

WOOO.
A second shiny Inkay!
After that fourth shiny Mightyena yesterday, I took a break from that Dark FS.
I continued searching in it this morning, and I soon came across this new shiny Inkay.
It has 31 IVs in attack and defense. It is Jolly, but also has Suction Cups. Eh, oh well. Still pretty good I suppose.
I will probably evolve this one into a shiny Malamar soon.

That makes seven shinies from this FS alone.
....What to hunt next....

xSilentDeviL

Shiny Hunter
Hatched my first shiny!! Used the Masuda method to hatch a shiny Honedge. I used my own Ferrothorn with iv's of 31/31/31/31/31/0, and received a flawless iv Quiet Honedge from Japan to breed. Took quite a few trades to get a Quiet natured one, but I couldn't be happier with the iv's. After about 400 eggs, I finally got my shiny Honedge!. It has iv's of 31/31/31/31/18/0, and it's characteristic is Mischievous, which is awesome because I planned on using the Tank Aegislash set, with maxed out SpAtk. Could not be any happier

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Hello everybody it's been a long looooong while since I've been here.
Sorry for the blanket congratz but I have read everything!

Finally I come back with some shiny news!
After about ~2.000 RE's if found my second BQ shiny: Oddish!
I was hoping for an Espurr but Oddish was my second choice so I'm really happy!
He has the chlorophyll ability, he has a Quirky nature and is quick tempered.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m34/ReddFoxy/Shiny/20140530_143045_zpsr1jcqm3i.jpg

On to the next badge, I haven't decided on what my next target will be....

Good luck everyone on your hunts!

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I have now done 632 eggs for Trapinch. I was wondering whether anyone knew the Gen 6 MM odds, as I am pretty sure I am nearing them? I hope I get it soon and congratulations on all the latest shinies.