• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Grats on the Shiny Ho-oh Keovix, awesome shiny :)

I just picked up Shiny #3 of my badge quest in Pokemon X, Shiny Stunky.

I then went on and caught a Shiny Luvdisc, but only to serve its purpose in ferrying my across the ocean to get to Coumarine City and fetch the good rod later. Then i can chain fish for a Shiny Staryu/Clauncher.

Currently though i am meandering my way through Reflection Cave. I wouldn't mind seeing a random shiny appear, like say Sableye. :D

Good luck with your hunts everyone.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Today I hit the 400 eggs hatched mark in my Shiny Minccino Masuda Method hunt and I also did random encounters for Shinies again in Y version; I wanted a Shiny to show up in a horde encounter, but sadly, nothing happened. I'll try again tonight or maybe tomorrow.

General_Ridley

Palace Maven Spenser
As promised, picture time!

This is Col. Sanders.
Blaziken_zps99189d7b.jpg

And this is, after much deliberation, Isennaedre.
Steelix_zpse8f3768d.jpg

And, if you'd like, photos of every shiny I have caught or hatched that doesn't come from an event (in-game or otherwise).

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I don't. F***ing. Believe it.

I grabbed my Magnet Pull Magnezone and my Sweet Scent Illumise out of the PC and headed on over to Route 15, with the intent of hunting for a Shiny Klefki. I was prepared for a long, long hunt, interrupted by the occasional rainfall to stop Sweet Scent from working. Nothing of the sort happened. On the very first horde I encountered, I kid you not, the very. First. Horde. Shiny Klefki. A Shiny Klefki on the very first horde! I didn't catch it yet, but I'm about to throw a Poké Ball at it. And it definitely doesn't have Magician, which is good, because I was hoping for Prankster.

EDIT: Caught it! Timer Ball, and a critical capture, no less! Has a Docile nature. Could be worse!

Last edited:

Kokuei

Wow, those are some amazing shinies! I'm happy the work is paying off and for those who are still waiting I'm sure your day week come soon! :) I'm loving the photos.

After 111 eggs I hatched a shiny Scyther this evening with Technician and Baton Pass, I can breathe a sigh of relief. Its IVs are maxed in everything save speed, so depending on how the second one turns out this might be a present for the other half. He's been training a Smeargle for me so I want to repay him somehow.

Once that's done I have some berry trees that'll hopefully have a Spewpa or two munching on them.

Last edited:

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Just an update on my hunts: Mewtwo is at 7,000 SRs and Chimchar is at 2,000 SRs. I'm expecting Mewtwo to shine first, but maybe Chimchar will surprise me. As long as I don't find an uncatchable shiny Starly, I honestly don't care which one shines.

Congrats and good luck on your hunts!

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Hey guys, I actually have two new shinies to report.

The first is a Ralts I hatched on the 24th. His name is Eli and he hatched after a measly 194 eggs. He's modest natured and has perfect iv's in hp/attack/special attack/special defense. I was slightly disappointed with him at first because I wanted to name him after the female protagonist from Bioshock infinite but he's still an awesome shiny. I think I'm going to make him a gardevoir, but I'm not sure how well of an idea that is with his iv's or if a gallade would be better suited to him.

The second shiny is my first ever horde shiny-- a shiny gulpin. I was going for anything but this dude but she's still an alright shiny after 443 hordes. I'm not sure of her exact stats but I don't think she's very good. I was also kind of disappointed because I couldn't name her after ChuChu from the Zelda Series. (I know some names are blocked but this one kind of confused me since Pikachu has 'Chu' in its name.)

I haven't worked on torchic at all, I know that if I focus on it too much it's just going to bug me and then I won't want to hunt for it at all.

I'm planning on trying horde encounters again though I'm going to change my location to where Klefki/Murkrow is and try for a minun/plusle/scraggy later on. I'm also considering hatching for sableye, for my team for hoenn but I've been feeling kind of meh on egg hatching for a while now.

I've also done 600 sr's (1800 seen) for a shiny johto starter, I'm hoping for either totodile or cyndaquil since I've already got two chikoritas and I need to reclaim Totodile.

Anyway congrats on all the new shinies and good luck to everyone!

Britt

Collector!
Hi everyone! This is a new thread for me but I thought I'd chime in since I've had some pretty good luck lately.

Early on in the game, a friend of mine managed to snag a Shiny Eevee through Wonder Trade and gave it to me, since I was OBSESSING over Shiny Sylveon. I have this weird OCD thing where I won't keep a Pokémon unless it's got my OT... so I started breeding and had boxes upon boxes of eggs. Long story short, after around 300 eggs or so, I hatched my own Shiny Eevee! My Shiny Sylveon now is one of my most prized.

Yesterday I was continuing my search for Pokemon I'd missed while filling up my Dex, and ran across a random Shiny Machop in Glittering Cave. It caught me by total surprise. Luckily I caught it, and she's now a Shiny Machoke. :D

Way back in the days of HG/SS, I decided I'd SR for a Shiny Cyndaquil and I was under the impression I'd be doing this for days. After about 7 SR's, I nabbed a Shiny Cyndaquil. He's now been evolved into a Shiny Typhlosion and is hanging out in my PC. :) He's sort of retired after his HG run. Hahaha. And I have NO clue how I got that lucky. But probably my most amazing Shiny story of all, was in Black 2, I got to the area where you encounter Kyurem. I saved, approached, and on my first encounter, Kyurem was shiny. I was legitimately shocked. Haha. Other than that, I've really never been all that lucky with shinies.

Keyblade_Cub

Thank you Shiny Misty, that helped. I just never heard of catching Pokemon through berry trees until this months CH was mentioned. But thank you. And congrats on your Volbeat. Definitely one Shiny bug Pokemon I want to get.

I decided to try out this Berry Field Hunt on both my X and Y and going to even attempt to try and find something on my HeartGold using the headbutt method. 633 encounters in and nothing yet.

Unfortunately, I did not end up getting a Seviper or a Zangoose Shiny while Horde hunting, but instead got a Tailow which I'm pretty happy with.

[IMG139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/AEECEC7A-BAEA-4E04-B97D-9D372295F573_zpse0pnavsl.jpg[/IMG139]

Once I finished with that I decided to go have some fun in the Safari again and after 48 encounters...

[IMG139]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b541/Numbur11/73ED5537-4F52-4866-8029-B9D7E9A3CD2A_zpspigdcoxn.jpg[/IMG139]

A Shiny male Heracross popped up. Happy to have found one and going to attempt again in the same Safari to get an Illumise that I really want.

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
So a friend of mine decided to give up on Competitive battles and gave me all his VGC Pokemon including Shiny Protean Greninja, Shiny Chloryphill Venusaur, Shiny Rotom Wash. They are all 5 IV in the places they need and have the right natures. I am sooo glad I did not yet evolve my Ivysaur from 2 weeks ago since I dont do double shinies. These 2 days have been a mojor increase in my shinies. with 10 already this month I think this will be the highest number of shinies I will obtain in a month.

Greninja
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w602/dkops1/HNI_0012_zps190bff2a.jpg

Venusaur
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w602/dkops1/HNI_0014_zpse5738197.jpg

Rotom
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w602/dkops1/HNI_0015_zpsfbce85ac.jpg

EDIT

Community Hunt Complete!!!!

My luck strikes again this time for Volbeat. I was in the train to my parents for my mothers Birthday and this little bugger (see what I did there xD) popped up from the tree. If people are not surewthere or not to invest the time into getting the Shiny Charm I would say that its worth it. I have found 6 Shinies (Squirtle-Inkay-Scyther-Solosis-Abra-Volbeat) withthe Charm on in the past 2 days.

Volbeat
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w602/dkops1/855da2ea57aabc24285cc16e8239d937_zpsc7148762.jpg

Last edited:

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
So 3 of my trees are fully grown. Now I just have to wait for them to shake right?

If they're fully grown and have berries then no, you're too late.

You have to show up during the process where the tree's are starting to bud(or maybe just before), as that's when the bugs show up.

AWH POOP! So Do I just keep re entering the Berry area over and over then? Or will they randomly shake if I sit there and wait?

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
So 3 of my trees are fully grown. Now I just have to wait for them to shake right?

If they're fully grown and have berries then no, you're too late.

You have to show up during the process where the tree's are starting to bud(or maybe just before), as that's when the bugs show up.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Another short hunt :D Which probably means I'm due for another lengthy monster...

Shiny totodile, from egg 270!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6374_zpsdd4853f4.jpg[/IMG139]

He's named after the Egyptian crocodile god (even though I am FULLY AWARE that totodile is an alligator, not a crocodile). Next up on my MM list is houdour, then I'll finish off the Johto trio with chikorita.

In Y, I'm up to 390 eggs for male espurr. I've been hatching some good ones (I can check now that I have access to Kiloude City); I saved a modest female (5IV missing ATK) to everstone for another female for a friend of mine (if I hatch my male espurr instead of another female). Route 20 is being a bugger... I'm up to over 1,300 hordes and nothing has sparkled yet.

On the subject of hordes, the main Serebii site says there are noctowl hordes in Pokemon Village. I have never seen one there, and I have tried. I even went so far as to check Bulbapedia, which says there are no noctowl hordes in Gen VI at all. I'm unhappy.

mellowrush

First off congrats to all your findings, se ne my last post there's been so many!
Congrats to diego24 on Chespin; ClipOwl on Zubat, Chespin, Karrablast; Crimson Penguin on Ekans and Nidoran; pieman556 on Spheal; master of murkrow on Inkay, Oddish, Solosis, Squirtle, and Abra and Volbeat! ; General_Ridley on Onix; Pluski on Magnemite; storm dragoon on shuckle; shiny misty on Volbeat (way to go, nicely done indeed) keovix on ho oh (great one!): mastermissigno on klefki (tough to catch :)); Kokuei on schyther; chaoticinverse on ralts and gulpin; Britt on machoke ; keyblade_club on taillow and Heracross; Cyberra on sobek (you find always clever names, this is a nice one too:)) and everyone else on your shinies!*

This weekend I managed to play a little with my Y version and I was blessed with the finding of a shiny Abra!
One I love, and one of Kanto too ^_^

[IMG139]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l341/mellowrush/_20140602_122339_zpszvres7mo.jpg?t=1401714515[/IMG139]

The stats are not so good, but I like him Anyway :)

[IMG139]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l341/mellowrush/_20140602_122312_zpsboprqkn9.jpg?t=1401714434[/IMG139]

For now I'll go back studying...but as soon as the exams are over I'll return shiny hunter, maybe I'll even try the monthly CH (nice one, by the way)
Good luck everyone on your hunts!

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations to Pluski on Magnemite, Minccino and Deerling, Storm_Dragoon on Shuckle, ShinyMisty on Volbeat, hard luck to Keyblade_cub on losing that Wingull, but congratulations for Tailow and Heracross, Keovix on Tangela, Maractus and Ho-Oh (Bad luck on Ivysaur), kirkeatment on Stunky, Missingno. Master on Klefki, Koukuei on Scyther, ChaoticInverse on Ralts (call him Jack instead? Heh....) and Gulpin, Britt on Eevee, Machop, Cyndaquil and Kyurem, Master of Murkrow on Volbeat, Cyberra on Totodile and mellowrush on Abra!

I did a fair amount of hunting yesterday - about an average amount in regards to the last few days. I made it to 9,136 random encounters on Route 32. Not discouraged yet, though!

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

Nakashima

Got something to sparkle in my Route 3 hunt, which I was doing alongside my SR's for Tepig. It only took 450 encounters, and granted it is the worst shiny i couldve gotten in that route, but its the first one I got since returning to hunting and I'm very happy to get something to shine! ^^ It's female, which is a bit of a bummer as wormadam still has a really unnoticable shiny forme while mothim is awesome.. But I'll love it regardless =D

Encounter:
[IMG139]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee108/Soundless-/encounter.jpg[/IMG139]

Caught!
[IMG139]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee108/Soundless-/72eece34-2369-4002-b490-7a3744a2bbfb.jpg[/IMG139]

Sending out into battle:
[IMG139]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee108/Soundless-/sparkles.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

elorasheppard

Congratulations to (prepare for a long list!): eiger, oarfish, xsilentdevil, misjie, missingno.master, diego24, storm_dragoon, keyblade_club, electricbassclef, theprinceofmay, huntermetroid, shinymisty, aurachannelerchris, superpichuchan, dragonheart7, cyberra, mellowrush, themaster327, shadowkrowm maskofsanity1998, ohjeezitskim, rovert, mays, kokuei, blastonite, general-ridley, tigurtz, paraqua, tangeh, stickittothemon, kelv, clipowl, crimsonpenguin, serris, pieman556, pluski, keovix, kirkeastment, chaoticinverse, britt and nakashima.

No new shinies for me but then I haven't been hunting due to revision :)

Im hoping as soon as im back in shiny hunter mode that sandshrew shines quite quickly. I want to hatch a treecko, torchic and mudkip before November and it occurs to me that's not too far away now!

Good luck shiny hunters

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
If I were to use a Cute Charmer while SR'ing for the Berry Field, it would still work right?

maldoror

Found a shiny Abra in FS last night. I always wanted one and had tried to MM it in the past. It is a male that I named Maldoror (yes, like my user name) after the titular character in the French surrealist novel Les Chants de Maldoror http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Chants_de_Maldoror; a character of pure evil.