• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Hey guys! Wow, congrats on all the new shinies, everyone! They're all really nice :)

Here's my newest shiny! I was kind of bored (and especially bored of trying to fill up my dex) so I decided to take a break to MM a little. So I got the parent ready and put it in the daycare with my Ditto, andddd about 23 eggs later....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/snoletta/Junk/Citrine_zps31d56b6d.png
(Kind of hard to get a good picture of both screens so I just kind of pieced it together)

This guy! My game is really spoiling me lately. I forgot to post about it before (I was half asleep when I got her) but I also got that shiny Buneary I was working my *** off to get before! XD I didn't take any pictures of her when I first got her though, and now she's a Lopunny.

Now I have all of the shiny Johto starters! But I'm thinking about maybe re-obtaining Cyndaquil and Totodile because the ones I have were lame in-game run ones and since they were in their final forms when I transferred them, I don't have their previous shiny forms registered in my dex!

Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Nara567

Been a while since I've been here...

Decided to try the community hunt, and after a few hours of non-continuous soft resetting, this one popped up.

20140604_200929.jpg

Shiny Illumise! Didn't expect one to shine so soon, as I'm probably well over 600 eggs trying to hatch two shiny Mudkips.

But now I can finally say this: June Community Hunt Complete!

EDIT: And four eggs later I hatched the first shiny Mudkip! Pretty lucky today.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I've added the 5 people who finished the CH already into the first post. Note that I'm in GMT+7, so the date might be a day off, depending on your time zone.
If that really matter to you, just VM me, and I'll change the date.

And Blastonite, your username in Photobucket is creepy xD

Bambo

Whelp I'm done with finals finally, I'm glad we finally found a hunt though I don't think I'll be participating. Right now I'm working on my Pokemon Y badgequest I'm at around 2600+ encounters in Santalune Forest and Route 22, I've decided just to hunt in Route 22 because I really like the shines there better but I'm really hoping for a shiny Azumaril. Hopefully I'll see a shiny soon I've not been any resemblance of lucky lately.

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
I've added the 5 people who finished the CH already into the first post. Note that I'm in GMT+7, so the date might be a day off, depending on your time zone.
If that really matter to you, just VM me, and I'll change the date.

And Blastonite, your username in Photobucket is creepy xD

I inherited it somehow! I asked my buddy for a weird name LONG AGO!!! And that's what he came up. But remember it does have multiple meanings not just the Nasty one only lol. Isn't there anime/manga with that in it's name and it isn't bad? LOL And thanks for the speedy update!

Congrats to all who completed the CH already and to to everyone and their shinnies!
Hopefully everyone doing their hunts gets what they want soon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also does anyone know of a way to get the otehr starters in diff Pokeballs Legit? I wanna Breed the starters now but the only ones I know You can get in diff Pokeballs and Bulbasaur. Charmander. Squirtle. Froakie. Fennekin and Chespin. If anyone knows plz let me know :)

Last edited:

Keyblade_Cub

Just a small Shiny update, ran out of time to get a Combee through the berry trees after my Volbeat on X but while on my other game I ended up getting another Shiny male Heracross. *facepalm* I was so hoping for an Illumise but I'll take another Heracross. Could of at least been female so I had both.

Lol Anyways good luck hunting everyone.

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
Well it swwms that My shiny luck may have run out. I am on 2300 eggs for Gligar right now and still no shiny.... But I have found a wayto use all these Gligar without having to release them all. I store them all in the Pokebank and untill I have a shiny or I run out of space I kep them there to gather some major Pokemiles - Battlepoints. After I have it I restart my X file (which I was planning on anyway) Drop them all in there before I restart and delte them all at once. I do that untill All the Gligar are gone.

pieman556

1525 Eggs!!
Congratulations to Super Pichu Chan for the Chikorita and Buneary (I always thought that the Johto starters had especially good shiny forms!), Nara567 for the Illumise, and Keyblade_Cub on the Heracross (even though its a duplicate!)

Still working on my Burmy hunt, I've done around 200 ish today and I'll probably do another 100 or so before I go to bed! Thanks for the encouragement Nakashima! I hope that you are right! Good luck on your Pikachu and Tepig hunts! You jsut have to power through those long SR's haha, you can do it!

Also TheMaster327 aren't the three birds roaming pokemon in Platinum? There is got to be more efficient ways of hunting those guys haha! I'm guessing you don't have other games where they are SR-able? Well I hope you have crazy luck and end up getting one! Good luck!

Also just as a general update, I'm going to hunt Lugia in addition to Burmy because when I can't find Burmy in the trees or if I'm waiting for the Burmy to come then I need something to do haha! Good luck everyone!

Shy

★★★★★
Finally! One of the berry trees I wanted to SR for shook earlier this evening. So I'm at 250 SRs for a [F] Combee. Hopefully one of the green trees shake as well so I can get started on Burmy. A lot of community hunts ended early this month (Congratulations! :)) so I'm hoping that I'll have the same luck.

I collected about 90+ eggs today, but I won't have the time to hatch them all tonight so I'll save them for tomorrow. I'm also at 11,333 SRs for Torchic currently. I think I'll spend the rest of the evening getting it up to 10.5k (Like I was suppose to do yesterday!)

Thank you for any CGs on my Cranidos. :D CG on any new shinies since my last post and good luck!

Kokuei

Congratulations to those who have completed the community hunt already (wow!) And to others on their recent shinies. I would congratulate you individually but my phone doesn't seem to want to let me leave this text box.

I went back to the berry fields to see that my Pecha berry trees had fully grown, so I'm going to plant a slower growing pink tree and try again tomorrow evening. I'm still after my second shiny Scyther so I can decide which one to give to my boyfriend as a present. He's finished with my Smeargle now so the pressure's on!

Depending on how I find SRing for the bug hunt I might restart an older gen to try and SR the legendaries, but I'm so not sure how I feel about this as SRing is something I really struggle with patience-wise.

Good luck to you all for your next shining Pokémon!

gamer_legend

I found a shiny Solrock in the Great Chasm but the bloody thing blew itself up. :(

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations to Nakashima on Burmy, maldoror on Abra, Shy on Cranidos, Supremacy on Bergmite, ohjeezitskim on Eevee, Keane on Houndour, StrongBad456 on Ponyta, Keyblade_Cub on Volbeat and Heracross (kind of), ChaoticInverse on Rotomx2, Blastonite on Spewpa, Super Pichu Chan on Chikorita and Buneary, Nara567 on Illumise and Mudkip and bad luck to gamer_legend on losing that Solrock...

So, yesterday I reached 9,635 REs on Route 32, and still going... suppose I can't complain, since my starter hunt was under the odds, but I'm still hoping something will shine soon.

Anyway, good luck to everyone still hunting, especially TheMaster!

cinderkitteh

Pretteh Kitteh Khat
Hey, can I ask everyone here what a badgequest is? Does it have something to do with shiny pokemon?

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Hey, can I ask everyone here what a badgequest is? Does it have something to do with shiny pokemon?

Bagde quest is challenge, where you must find shiny pokemon before challenging next gym. Gift shinies, like Red Gyarados doesn't usually count on that. It is kinda challenging, but rewarding in end. I'm doing Badge quest in my White 2.

While EV training my Mawile, I found shiny Foongus in Horde. Adamant nature, not the best, but shiny is shiny.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
A few weeks ago while cleaning my room, I stumbled upon an unopened copy of Platinum that I forgot I bought. I wanted to play it, but I wanted to SR for a shiny starter. Piplup was my shiny of choice, because I like penguins and it is very cute. Today, after ~2756 SRs:

Shiny Piplup! I was busy watching videos on youtube and chatting to some friends, when I had a feeling that 'this is it' and to my surprise, there were sparkles! He ended up with a Sassy nature, and I decided to name him Emperor.

More pics:

Shiny Piplup
Sassy nature

I'm going to be training this little guy soon, and will evolve him into the awesome shiny Empoleon. I started a new hunt on Y as well, so I'm hatching for a shiny Slakoth, only at 60 eggs for it, as I was busy with my penguin hunt.

~

Congrats to ShinyMisty, Keovix, kirkeastment, Missingno. Master, Kokuei, ChaoticInverse, Britt, Keyblade_Cub, master of murkrow, Cyberra, mellowrush, Nakashima(soooo happy you finally got a shiny for your comeback :D), maldoror, Shy, Supremacy, ohjeezitskim, Keane, StrongBad456, Blastonite, Super Pichu Chan, Nara567, Sutittaja and anyone I missed on your new shinies!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
After planting a row of Lum Berries, I am now prepared to SR for my male shiny burmy. I will be using a cute charmer for good measure.

ohjeezitskim

So was putting in defense IVs into my Milotic (just about 40 EVs)
I did a horde of durant and notice my attack evs went up...
I deleted them, did a defense punching bag...it increase my attack
wtf, deleted those EVs again and decided to battle a geodude horde
for the EVs instead... next horde, shiny geodude...

Well you can imagine what happened.
Magnitude 7
Magnitude 10

Annnnd 3rd lost shiny (Golduck (reclaimed), Larvesta, Geodude)
RIP Geodudette.

it was less than ten hordes... wish I had talonflame out first so it would use smack down/rock blast

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
So was putting in defense IVs into my Milotic (just about 40 EVs)
I did a horde of durant and notice my attack evs went up...
I deleted them, did a defense punching bag...it increase my attack
wtf, deleted those EVs again and decided to battle a geodude horde
for the EVs instead... next horde, shiny geodude...

Well you can imagine what happened.
Magnitude 7
Magnitude 10

Annnnd 3rd lost shiny (Golduck (reclaimed), Larvesta, Geodude)
RIP Geodudette.

it was less than ten hordes... wish I had talonflame out first so it would use smack down/rock blast

Oh, man, that sucks. :( That sort of thing is exactly why I've taken the precautions I've taken on my current hunt. See, I'm horde hunting on Route 18, which yields, in order from most common to rarest, Geodude hordes, Durant hordes, and hordes containing 4 Durant and 1 Heatmor. Naturally, there's plenty of risk involved there, whether it's a Shiny Geodude being taken out by its allies' Magnitude attacks, or a Shiny Heatmor getting ganged up on by four Durant. Which is why I've taken precautions- at the lead of my team is a level 70 Beheeyem. Ability is Telepathy, and he knows Skill Swap. Use Skill Swap on the Shiny, and just like that, no damage taken from allies. That means a Shiny Geodude would be protected from its allies' Magnitude, and a Shiny Heatmor wouldn't be affected by those pesky Durant, allowing you to pick off the non-Shinies at your leisure. I highly recommend this tactic for anyone wanting to hunt on this route, or Route 8, for that matter, due to the all-too-real risk of Shiny Seviper/Zangoose (never experienced that myself, but I've certainly heard all the stories, and while there are some rare successes, it's usually not with a happy ending).

Also, for those of you who haven't yet noticed, I made a change to my Shiny banner. Now each Pokémon's background color corresponds to the game in which it originated.

EDIT: Successful hunt is success! I caught a Shiny Geodude! :D As per my plan, I Skill Swapped Beheeyem's Telepathy onto the Shiny at the start of the battle, and wow, good call on my part! Two of the other Geodude used Magnitude, and by the end of the turn, the other two non-Shinies were taken out. I handled the rest of the non-Shinies, then chucked a Repeat Ball at the Shiny, catching her- a critical capture, no less! She has Sturdy and a Careful nature. Next up, Route 10.

Last edited:

maldoror

I found a shiny Klefki in FS this morning. Thank goodness I was paying attention, because they are hard to spot when it zooms out for battle.

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck to those still hunting.

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats to everyone on their recent Shinies! I've planted some berries for the CH, and in between waiting for them I have been MMing while waiting for them to grow so I can try to SR for one of the bug pokemon. So, I put a Venonat in my daycare with a Japanese Ditto, and put two boxes away with that and then I put a Koffing in next and did two boxes of that, and I put four Squirtle boxes away and I hatched all the Venonat with no shinies popping out which I had expected, but on the sixth egg (36th including Venonat boxes) of Koffing a female shiny popped out. 20 eggs later its twin brother popped out! I am still hatching my Squirtle eggs and I got a little tired with that so I went to chain fish to try for a Clampearl and nothing was popping out for the longest time so I decided I wouldn't give up till a shiny came to me and by that time I was almost falling asleep playing, finally somewhere around 140 -150 a shiny Remoraid popped out, maybe I will try again later for it, or possibly just MM for it so I don't get a duplicate Remoraid. Once again congrats to everyone! And Good Luck to all!

EDIT

SHINY SPEWPA! Got it from the berry tree at route 7 SO COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE

Last edited: