• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Mays

Did my exam earlier (went well! :D) and so I decided to go back on looking for Tyrouge and bam! I got one! http://imgur.com/7zTunjj

The nature isn't great, but again, doesn't really matter as I don't really battle competively. Just like collecting shinies. That is until my exams are over. Then I'll MM some competitive mons! Good luck and grats to everyone who has had a successful shiny hunt!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I realized after taking a break that I only had a set amount of time for trees to be shaking with a pokemon. So it seems I will hold off on this CH as well so I can hunt my more personal goals (Squirtle And Bulbasaur).

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So I guess since the last update, no one besides Keyblade_Cub has finished the CH yet?

Anyway, just like a few other hunters here, I have to wait for another berry tree to shake, so I decided to get some more Surskit eggs......

Egg #579 hatched into a black Shiny Surskit :D

He has 31/x/31/31/31/31 too, exactly the spread I want.

[IMG139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/surskit_zps57b2a44c.jpg[/IMG139]

Now that Surskit shined, I can focus on the CH.

Iwanuq

Iwan
Shine, I was missed for the community hunt on page 775. Mainly because I edited my post, because I didn't want to double post on the same page. Anywho congrats everyone on the latest shiny's . I would post pictures but I am unsure how to because I use my phone to take pictures.

Also, Keane I only got one Lapras :p I might have worded my post wrong.

So I started to put Dedenne eggs in my boxes, maybe I will put 7-10 boxes away today depending if I feel motivated to. Good luck to all those hunting!

edit

Was hunting in a fire safari, before eating dinner and I ran into a Shiny Braixen! With it's hidden ability :)

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
YASSS! Dat shiny Mewtwo!

I was just on youtube, watching some shady penguin when I see this lime green Mewtwo just waltz across the screen. I was in shock for a moment there, I was just expecting this to take much longer. After false-swiping it down to 1HP with Scizor, I switched to my shiny Tangerella (my shiny female Tangrowth I caught years ago on my first ever badge quest, luv her <3) to put it to sleep. After over 20 ultra balls and many Sleep Powders, Mewtwo was caught. This hunt took a lil over two weeks, so not bad at all with original odds. Even better, my timid sync worked!

So, the shiny hunters on YT are doing Safari week which has given me the motivation to get back in the Safari Zone. This time (I hope) I'm sticking to it! I am just gonna skip out on the CH this month; I was thinking about doing a headbutt hunt, but it's just too risky since most pokemon that appear there I already have shiny.

In other news, Flabebe is being kinda stubborn @ 770 eggs, I hope it goes over 1k.

Anyways, gratz on the recent shinies, especially Storm_Dragoon on Psyduck and Suicune and good luck everyone. :]

ohjeezitskim

YASSS! Dat shiny Mewtwo!

I was just on youtube, watching some shady penguin when I see this lime green Mewtwo just waltz across the screen. I was in shock for a moment there, I was just expecting this to take much longer. After false-swiping it down to 1HP with Scizor, I switched to my shiny Tangerella (my shiny female Tangrowth I caught years ago on my first ever badge quest, luv her <3) to put it to sleep. After over 20 ultra balls and many Sleep Powders, Mewtwo was caught. This hunt took a lil over two weeks, so not bad at all with original odds. Even better, my timid sync worked!

So, the shiny hunters on YT are doing Safari week which has given me the motivation to get back in the Safari Zone. This time (I hope) I'm sticking to it! I am just gonna skip out on the CH this month; I was thinking about doing a headbutt hunt, but it's just too risky since most pokemon that appear there I already have shiny.

In other news, Flabebe is being kinda stubborn @ 770 eggs, I hope it goes over 1k.

Anyways, gratz on the recent shinies, especially Storm_Dragoon on Psyduck and Suicune and good luck everyone. :]

Awesome! Major congrats! :3 Mewtwo is a great shiny! Hope to SR one myself one day! And I love Shadypenguinn!! He's my favorite pokemon battler on YouTube.

---
Haven't had a tree shake in a very long time, so i'm still waiting to get more than 50 SRs x.x, and I'm on a little break from breeding, doing training instead! (hence the horde shinies last week lol)

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Completely random shiny Helioptile!!!

[IMG139]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/squashin8er/HelioptileIn-battle_zps4ce7efec.jpg[/IMG139]

I seriously cannot believe that just happened.... I was taking a break from hunting Mewtwo and Chimchar to play a bit more through my Spanish Y. I was just rushing through it so I could receive the bike and make collecting/hatching eggs a lot easier. I even made sure I had enough Poke Balls just in case I bumped into a shiny... and it happened! The first Pokemon I encountered after leaving Glittering Cave was a shiny freaking Helioptile!

[IMG139]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/squashin8er/HelioptileSummary_zps1b50047c.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/squashin8er/HelioptileAmie_zps05237beb.jpg[/IMG139]

This makes my third completely random 1/4096 odds shiny on X and Y. The first was Houndour on X before beating the second gym, then Miltank on that same file prior to the third gym, and now this Helioptile on Y! So crazy!

Helioptile is female, Hasty, and has Dry Skin. Her IVs actually look really good, so that's a nice little bonus. And this saves me the trouble of MMing for one in the future! It's such a cool shiny!

Congrats on all the recent shinies! I have to admit that I'm pretty jealous of that Mewtwo, Supremacy :p

I wish you all good luck on your hunts!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well I continued working on my Shiny Minccino hunt today. I hatched around 50 Minccino eggs this morning, which brings my grand total to a little over 600 eggs hatched. I should be able to hatch another 50 eggs tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else.

Shy

★★★★★
I've been really busy lately and less motivated to hunt the past few days. I have been making some progress on some of my hunts though. Torchic stands at 12,600 SRs (Which will hopefully be at 12,750 before bed), Combee/Burmy CH stands at 1,250 SRs (Which I know isn't even half the odds yet, but it seems like a lot of people got theirs under 250 SRs :( Kind of discouraging if I'm going to be honest with myself), and Anorith stands at 1,250 fossils revived. I haven't been in the mood to MM so that hunt has made no progress. Last but not least, I've kind of lost motivation to hunt for Chespin in particular completely, and I find myself leaning towards Fennekin.

A blanket congratulatory to any shinies since my last post, especially Storm_Dragoon on Psyduck, and Suicune (All those blue, water-type shinies!), Shine on Surskit, and Supremacy on Mewtwo (That neon green is so gorgeous!)

Good luck with all your hunts!

Completely random shiny Helioptile!!!

[IMG139]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/squashin8er/HelioptileIn-battle_zps4ce7efec.jpg[/IMG139]

I seriously cannot believe that just happened.... I was taking a break from hunting Mewtwo and Chimchar to play a bit more through my Spanish Y. I was just rushing through it so I could receive the bike and make collecting/hatching eggs a lot easier. I even made sure I had enough Poke Balls just in case I bumped into a shiny... and it happened! The first Pokemon I encountered after leaving Glittering Cave was a shiny freaking Helioptile!

[IMG139]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/squashin8er/HelioptileSummary_zps1b50047c.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/squashin8er/HelioptileAmie_zps05237beb.jpg[/IMG139]

This makes my third completely random 1/4096 odds shiny on X and Y. The first was Houndour on X before beating the second gym, then Miltank on that same file prior to the third gym, and now this Helioptile on Y! So crazy!

Helioptile is female, Hasty, and has Dry Skin. Her IVs actually look really good, so that's a nice little bonus. And this saves me the trouble of MMing for one in the future! It's such a cool shiny!

Congrats on all the recent shinies! I have to admit that I'm pretty jealous of that Mewtwo, Supremacy :p

I wish you all good luck on your hunts!

i'm breeding for a 6 iv helioptile right now, god I love their shiny form- I would NOT be upset if one shone :D

but nothing shiny since yesterday

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Well, I'm back with a new shiny:

After 406 eggs, this pretty shiny Slakoth hatched! On Friday, I was successful in getting my hex flawless parent, so I gathered 10 boxes of eggs. I spent the better part of Saturday and some of Sunday hatching, but wasn't successful in hatching the final box. It appeared in the 16th egg of the 10th box(had I finished that last box I would have had 3 shinies in one day, oh well :p).

He has an Adamant nature thanks to Everstone, sadly it didn't get the flawless Attack I wanted, but I don't care. I decided on the nickname Pineapple for it, because if you look at its head, it kind of looks like a small pineapple XD.

Shiny Slakoth
Trainer ID

I don't have a set target right now, but I'm casually SRing for a shiny Froakie in a copy of X, and REing for Pikachu/Scatterbug.

Congrats to everyone on their new shinies, especially Nakashima on her double shiny encounter and Supremacy on that awesome shiny Mewtwo!

Shabadoo

King of Mediocrity
I've only recently gotten into shiny hunting with only a Roserade and graveler under my belt in my whole pokemon career. But in this playthrough of Heart gold I'm targeting all the ledgendaries for shinies as well as a dratini,treeko,and charmander.

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
So just a few minutes ago a shiny Burmy fell out of one of the berry trees I planted, so community hunt complete.

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/rZb7ZBh.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/2wHYRKd.jpg[/IMG300]

I'm going to keep hunting in the berry trees for a male Burmy, since it's my best chance for finding one, and for Spewpa just 'cause I love it.

In other news, Sableye is at 900 eggs. I ended up switching out the parents for a pair of 6IV ones. I figure that if Sableye's gonna be a butt about shining, it might as well be as flawless of a butt as possible.

Congratulations to everyone with new shinies, and good luck to everyone hunting.

TheMaster327

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0067_zps47775a08.jpg[/img139]

IT HAPPENED FINALLY!!! IT'S STILL OUT THERE ROAMING, BUT FINALLY SOMETHING HAS SHONE!!!

Thanks to all who kept rooting for me over the past 15 months, 3 restarts, 4 files lol

I need to head to work now, but so excited to come back and stalk this beast!

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
So in the week I was gone I have had done some preperation for E3 (now im at E3) and I have traded a lot of double shinies for other shinies. I will not post about 30 links so If anyone want to check the pictures out. They are in my Photobucket album if you click on my shiny card. Here is a list of the shinies I have obtained:

Donphan-Skarmory-Sableye-Infernape-Charizard-Chansey-Umbreon-Espeon-Sylveon-Pinsir-Hydreigon-Tentacruel-Ninetails-Porygon2-Excadrill-Galvantula-Wigglytuff-Delphox-Heliolisk-Volcarona-Gastrodon-Claydol-Cresselia-Mamoswine-Rapidash-Darmanitan-Milotic.

So congratz to everyone and happy hunting

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Hello everyone!
First of all congratz on the awesome shinies! Especially you TheMaster327 on finally having a bird shine for you I hope you catch it easily!
My laptop is still broken so sorry for the blanket congratz.

I have shiny news! While searching for a female espurr on route 6 for my dex I come across a shiny Oddish! It was after ~5 RE's. I have a shiny gotten a shiny Oddish about a week ago on my Y but I'm still very happy with him. He has the Chlorophyll ability and he has a Modest nature he also likes to fight. I didn't even expect him so I am really surprised.

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ReddFoxy/media/Shiny/20140610_133051_zpsx2hvde9e.jpg.html

Good luck on al the ongoing hunts!

Last edited:

Dangertrout

So many posts! I'm not even going to try to catch up right now >.<
I am staying with someone this month and just dont have the time for internets.
I'll be back with proper internet sometime in July, after my final move.

So, Shine, if you could continue to make updates to the OP until I return, it would be much appreciated.
Prince of May, given that you've taken the initiative to get things done for June, can you organize the July CH as well?
The last week of June would be a good time to do the discussion of what people want to hunt / take care of any voting on what the CH should be.
Hopefully July will be a little more organized ^_^

Sorry about the June CH, I thought I'd have time to get everything done.
didnt realize I'd have such limitations >.<
Good luck everyone! see you in about a month!

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0067_zps47775a08.jpg[/img139]

IT HAPPENED FINALLY!!! IT'S STILL OUT THERE ROAMING, BUT FINALLY SOMETHING HAS SHONE!!!

Thanks to all who kept rooting for me over the past 15 months, 3 restarts, 4 files lol

Major congrats on the long hunt!

Everlasting

Everything stays.

CONGRATULATIONS MASTER!
You totally deserved this shiny Zapdos, you know! I'm so proud of you for not giving up on them! :D And I see you also used Brooke's idea of having a Slaking, ahah!
Good luck on your other hunts!
Prince of May, given that you've taken the initiative to get things done for June, can you organize the July CH as well?
The last week of June would be a good time to do the discussion of what people want to hunt / take care of any voting on what the CH should be.
Hopefully July will be a little more organized ^_^
Uh, sure Dangertrout, I'll try! And this time, I hope I won't make a mess on the thread, eheh... ^^'
Although I have exams until June 20, which means I won't be able to concentrate on that beforehand. But I think I can do that within 10 days. :)

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to:
Nakashima on Pidgey and Stunky, Mays on Tyrouge, Shine on Surskit, Iwanug on Braixen, Supermacy on Mewtwo, Pokemaster13 on Helioptile, Storm_Dragoon on Slakoth, ClipOwl on Burmy, TheMaster327 on Zapdos (Wow, Hunting for roaming birds it's hard)!! Great shinies I want to hunt most of them! ^^

So, I'm taking the SRing slow and so far 100 SRs and no shiny Snivy yet. I'm not expecting anything soon but since I was SRing Snivy before on my black version last year, I hope I get lucky and it'd shine soon. ^^

Good luck hunters!