• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Holy crud...

I was in Kiloude stat-checking some newly hatched espurrs when I decided to check out some of my friend safaris... wandered into a ghost safari and after 4 REs I run into this...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6400_zpse65ec0ca.jpg[/IMG139]

I'm not sure I want to evolve her; I love the coloring as is.

My espurr MM is at 1,505 eggs; I hatched a non-shiny 6IV HA female and switched out the 5IV I had been breeding. Hoping to see more 6IVs hatching. I also did another 400 SRs at another shaking liechi berry tree, but no sign of shiny ledyba yet.

i'm not going to be doing much on my pokemon x today, i'm waiting for my enigma berries to fully grow/ shake. I think i'm gonna try and complete the pokedex on my brother's y, get the shiny charm, and MM chimpchar.
good luck on any ongoing hunts and congrats to everyone who got shinies.

Keyblade_Cub

Congrats to Cyberra on the Houndour and Pumpkaboo, maldoror on Dugtrio and Butterfree, robersj4 on your first shiny, the Noibat, a big congrats to TheMaster327 on your Zapdos, Nakashima on the Eevee, Tsukuyomi56 on the random Oddish, and StrongBad456 on Zorua.

Well yesterday after 1,615 eggs my Lotad hatched. I was afraid because I had checked my Pokedex a few days before and it said I had all ready encountered a Shiny Lotad and thought I had maybe got one through my eggs before and had released it. But I kept going and it shown yesterday.

And while I was finishing up the other batch of eggs after the shiny, I went into the FS on my Y to try and get Nincada. I went all night and didn't find anything. Woke up this morning and after running around for about 5 minutes, Wooper Shined for me instead. Which I'm not to upset about. It's a cute little pink Wooper and a female, but I so wanted that Nincada.

But I'm not giving up, I'm back in the same safari with 52 encounters so far.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies, especially TheMaster327. Glad one of those birds shone for you :)

I'm now up to 930 eggs for a perfect shiny Zorua. This thing really doesn't want to shine for me. Going to spend another few hours today hatching eggs for it. Hopefully the next shiny I get has the IVs I want as I'm really starting to get sick of looking at regular Zorua. My next MM will probably be Mudkip so I can have a shiny Mega Swampert for when ORAS get released.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
but until GF comes up with a jackal pokemon.

Lucario?

Congratulations to every one on their shinies. I've been monitoring the thread every day, just haven't had any news of my own for ages. Still haven't, got to 500 Skrelp with no shinies so I'm just taking a pause and instead, I'm building and breeding some competitive Pokémon for bit. May have a go at the CH at the weekend too :)

Congrats to everyone on recent sparkles, special shout to Cyberra on the electric blue Houndour and cute Pumpkaboo.

Myself, after encountering that golden pooch last night I've been a man on a mission, and I'm glad to say about 25 minutes ago after 1528 SRs a lovely little yellow chick shone for me on my Sapphire.

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums...bile Uploads/2014-06-11180734_zps00045cbd.jpg (Shone on my dull Gba, then swapped to DS)

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums...bile Uploads/2014-06-11181245_zps043fce2c.jpg

Now time to reclaim me a Poocheyena.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to StrongBad456 on Zorua, Nakashima on Eevee, Tsukuyomi56 on Oddish, robersj4 on Noibat, Spawty on Pyroar, Cyberra on Houndour and Pumkaboo, Keyblade_Cub on Loatad and Wooper!! Nice shinies! ^^
And Stickit2themon hope you get your shiny Torchic soon! ^^
I'm up to 200 SR for Snivy. Other than that I fish chianed a shiny Clampearl today. Looks nicer than I thought. Nothing special about it though.
Thank you everyone for the well wishes--luck was on my side today! I successfully chained on route 10 (so yes, it is indeed possible, although it is, without a doubt, the most annoying route of all time), with the result being....shiny Hawlucha!!!! Got the chain to 40 very carefully, and then reset the radar for well over an hour while my eyes were glued to the screen. I was so glad I didn't miss out on the patch and miss out on catching this beauty! View attachment 12771

That isn't all, though! I went to check her stats, and get this: OUTSTANDING nature, with perfect IVs in Attack, Defense, and Speed. I couldn't believe it. She's so perfect, I can't wait to use her!

Nice Hawlucha, Congratz! ^^
I really miss chaining. Is it exactly how it used yo be in 4th gen or are there any changes?

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Congratz everyone on the shinies you obtained!

Well I'm feeling stupid... for my BQ I wanted to MM a shiny esppurr. But I haven't got acces to the middle of Lumiose yet so I thought I breed the eggs on my Xfile and save before hatching eggs. Then when I hatch a shiny I transfer it in egg form to my Yfile so it will have the OT of my Yfile on it. Just now I hatched a beautifull pink espurr and went to straight send it to my Y. While transferring the eggs I remembered something that was said earlier on this thread: if you transfer eggs something in the coding or so (?) Will change and therefore the chance of that egg still being shiny was nearly zero. So after hatching the eggs on my Y I found that true.
I can't believe I was so stupid but I'm already bussy reclaiming the pink kitty.

Good luck on al the ongoing hunts!
Lets get back to hatching...

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Guys, apparently I hacked my shiny Mewtwo. I found this in my inbox, lmao.

VegitoLeader said:
after reading on the main website for pokemon.com and emailing them about an official shiny counter of legitness for all pokemon. You're Mewtwo is a hack because the coding in Generation 3-6 does not allow for a shiny Mewtwo to appear at any point no matter what happens. And since Serebii does not like the discussion or even the appearance without discussion of fake hacked pokemon (in your case just showing a shiny Mewtwo without discussion on it) you're violating their ToS for the site and could be subject to banning or removal of said post in thread. I am not a moderator and I am not a site Admin or anyone with power for this site. However I am forewarning you so that you don't get banned or removed posts because someone else tattles on you and gets you in trouble.

Currently you can not get these shiny in any way (stupid they have the shiny outfits for them though registered into the games) in Generation 3-6

Mewtwo, Mew, Zygarde, Meloetta. Keldeo, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Arceus, Deoxys, Celebi, Darkrai, Victini, Jirachi, Manaphy, Genesect, Yveltal, Xerneas, and the up comeing three legendaries.

Anyway hope that helps, not that you asked.

----

Anyways.. Thanks for the gratz everyone! Also, MAJOR GRATZ to TheMaster327 on Zapdos! It's about time you got one of those birds lol.

Well, Flabebe is now over 1k eggs so hopefully it doesn't take much longer. I've started hunting in the Safari Zone on my other two DSes to speed things up a bit.

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone! :]

Keyblade_Cub

Whoohoo! I just got my Shiny Nincada. Glad I don't have to spend all day trying to get it now. That's two Shiny's today. Maybe I'll go for another one. I want to go back and finish my Soul Silver game that I started months ago and try and complete that game. Start hunting on there.

Gwabatim

Haven't posted on here for a while (probably about a year) so blanket congrats to everyone recently! Anyway I'm currently hunting in my Leaf Green, fishing in Vermillion City in the hope of getting a shiny Staryu because it's one of my favourite shinies. I also fixed the internal battery on my Sapphire and I'm going to SR for a shiny Beldum because I also think it's a very awesome shiny. With all these World Cup matches starting from tomorrow, I'm going to be doing A LOT of hunting during this next month or so. Good luck on the hunts, everyone!

Shy

★★★★★
Update: I'm just 100 SRs away from reaching 13,000 for my Torchic hunt. I may do more depending on how I feel later. I'm approaching the second 8,192 mark again so I'm hoping Torchic will shine this time and not another Pooch.

A blanket congratulatory on any shinies obtained since my last post. A special 'grats to Stickit2themon on your Torchic. (I'm so jelly!)

Supremacy said:
Guys, apparently I hacked my shiny Mewtwo. I found this in my inbox, lmao.

Wow, they should really do their research before claiming someone's shiny is hacked. :\ The shiny-check/lock doesn't even exist till 5th Gen. Even the event Legends (Darkrai, Arceus, etc.) were capable of being shiny (through soft resetting).

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, I got myself a shiny!

After 2,414 Pokemon seen and 1,207 REs, a shiny Budew shone for me! It was pretty exciting to see it appear whilst talking to a friend elsewhere. It has a Lax nature, too!

Anyways, I'm going to come back to Eterna Forest on Diamond and Platinum. So many good shinies there, but if Hoothoot sparkles again...*cracks knuckles*.

Congrats on the recent shinies (in particular Master on that AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING Zapdos!) and good luck to you all.

And by the way, that guy clearly knows NOTHING about shiny locks -_-

maldoror

I just found a Brave shiny Gurdurr on Victory Road! Its stats overall aren't great, but it was one of my targets there. Now off to route 7 to look for Roselia and Illumise again.

Blackkyurem

Months ago I lost my Shiny Luxio. I found it last night. It was on my brother's Black 2 :rolleyes: I also found my Keldeo, Genesect etc.
Facepalm moment.

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
Soim still at E3 and having a GREAT time. MEGA SABLEYE CONFIRMED! Which is really nice since I obtained a shiny Sableye just a few days ago. But after countless of RE's I walked into a shiny Woobat on my BQ Y. That concludes #5 of my BQ.

Swoobat Cuz I forgot to take a pic as a Woobat.....oops
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w602/dkops1/027cc47f23412507c47c2ace0ebf1035_zps77bf89e6.jpg

And FINALLY after 3126 eggs my Blue Competitive Gligar Shone. Its IV spread is x/31/31/31/31/31 which is unfortunate but I can live with it.

Gligar
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w602/dkops1/cc170c40c0f721e8128e5a23dfa9a4f8_zps13648464.jpg

I will behatching a few competitive pokemon now instead of hunting for a while. But I will use Masudaduring it so maybe I will be lucky. First pokemon Ferrothorn(ferroseed)

Congratzto everyone and Supremacy tbh you have been here for long enough to be taken seriously and you do not need to worry about someone Ive never even seen here that claims your mewtwo is a hack.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

So, caught Zapdos in a Premier Ball this morning after a long chase. It has a Bashful nature, and the following IVs: 25, 26 / 22, 23 / 30 / 9 / 30 / 22

So overall, a damn good set of IVs, exactly what I expected from a hunt that long! Shame Sp. Atk is somewhat low...

EDIT: A gift. A couple of Amie pics of Zappy. And a mini vid of it eating a Poke Puff!
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/Snapshot_20140611_zpsf8200133.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/Snapshot_20140611_1_zps63cd8230.jpg[/img139]

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/TheMaster327/media/Capture_20140611_zpsbaa882cd.mp4.html

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I continued hatching eggs this afternoon for my Shiny Minccino MM hunt and I've hatched around 30 which isn't much, but I just haven't had much free time to work on this Shiny hunt today. I'll try to hatch more eggs tomorrow or on the weekend. Good luck to everyone else on their Shiny hunts. :)

Tigurtz

Currently MM'ing for another shiny female Gourgeist! Super Size this time!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Cyberra on Houndour, Keyblade_Cub on Lotad, Stickit2themon on Torchic, AquaRegisteel on Budew, maldoror on Gurdurr, master of murkrow on Woobat and Gligar, and everyone else on your shinies!

-------------

Another 800 REs and 600 SRs and no shiny…But I did get something rare: Pokerus. On Black 2. Again. For like…The 5th time. I think it’s only 5 times because for a while I just kept leading with a Heracross that already had it, so I probably missed another 5 bouts of it. Why can’t I just get a shiny instead though?! Virbank Complex has given me 4+ instances of Pokerus, 15 shinies, and yet I can’t get a shiny Growlithe…

Anyways, I’m now at 2,600 REs on Platinum, 3,300 REs on Black 2, and 6,400 SRs on HeartGold. Just hoping to see my efforts pay off in a glorious way very soon.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, LullabyVullaby, Shadowkrow, ChaoticInverse, and Lunafloon)!