• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Gongratulations with all recent shinies! Good luck to all those hunting!

I myself am SRing for a shiny Ho-oH in SS, no luck yet. Good thing those SR go pretty fast.
I am also SR for a perfect 5IV Timid Mewtwo, also with no luck. With the little cutscene encountering Mewtwo it takes a while (82 seconds minimum :) ).
What is also a little frustrating and giving me hope at the same time are all those close to perfect Mewtwos I captured.
Had a 31/31/28/31/31/31, 31/xx/31/30/31/31, and a 31/30/30/31/31/31. So close...

Pluski

I now have a shiny Zangoose from the Village Bridge.

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/PjLf4f7.jpg[/IMG300]

Time to hunt in Unova's Route 12. I'm going to try for a shiny female Combee or Roselia.

Congratulations to everyone on their recent shinies.

As for myself, nothing to report yet. I'm at 1350 eggs hatched for Charmander, and nearly ready to hatch the next batch of 150.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I hatched another 85 Minccino eggs yesterday and today which took longer than planned, but a Shiny Minccino has yet to hatch. I'm also doing random encounters for other Shinies in Y version in the meantime, but it's tedious hard work at this point.

cryuel

Congrats to everyone who has been hatching/encountering shinies! :)
I've had quite the shiny drought unfortunately, and after, oh, about 700 eggs (give or take) my Trapinch finally decides to shine. :3 Unfortunately for me I've been trying to breed a competitive one and it's IVs are flawless except for HP which is at 3-4.... x( I've been trying to breed for a second one, but MMing seems to be getting more and more daunting the more competitive ones I hatch.

The best of luck to all other shiny hunters~~

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I won Friday the 13th. So after I said I was taking a break from shinies, I decided to go for Dunsparce, and 720 eggs later, I've got myself a shiny of the best thing to come out of Johto.

[IMG139]http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/gustavo1495/Shinies/Dunsparce_zpse1b38236.jpg[/IMG139]

Serene Grace so 200 of my BP are saved there, got it with both Headbutt and Bite egg moves, though Bite probably won't be used as much. Careful, and the IV spread is 23/31/31/x/31/31, which is close enough to perfect even though I'd rather that HP wasn't the IV that was missing. Still, perfect day for such a lucky shiny, I'll be Glare and Heabutt spamming for days. Now for sure, this time I'll be taking a break from shinies for now. I'd go for Mudkip or Treecko now, but I'd rather wait until we know the stats for those guys so that I can get the right nature, since that can change with these Megas. But I already got my favorite Hoenn starter, Torchic, so I can live with that as is.

Tigurtz

Suicune has Bold nature (sync worked) and these are it's IV's
HP 28 - 29
Attack x0.9 0 - 2
Defense x1.1 30 - 31
Spec. Attack 15 - 17
Spec. Defense 30 - 31
Speed 10 - 12

Couldn't be any happier with this shiny, great nature and very high IV's in HP and both Defense and Sp. Defense.

Now that Suicune has been caught, it's time to start hunting the legendary bird trio, starting with Articuno, gonna SR it in FR, HG and two SS games.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

Nice Suicune! Sp.Attack could be better but can't really complain.. also were there no Dive Balls in gen four? Would've been a much prettier fit imo!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I won Friday the 13th.

Me too xD

Community Hunt Complete

Shiny Spewpa shows up after 5 days of SR-ing and over 200 berries obtained......and it just has to appear on Friday the 13th :p

I was SR-ing while reading a 4-koma manga, so I missed the shine, but when I glanced at the screen......I see a Spewpa with grey coat instead of the usual white. Immediately threw a Net Ball on it, since my pattern is Polar :D

Too bad my Synchronizer failed on it, she has Adamant instead of Modest -_-
Oh well, I'll train it as a special attacker anyway.

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/spewpadata_zps4ba47a37.jpg[/img139]

Here's she as a Vivillon, after a bit of grinding in the Chateau.

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/vivillondata_zps8ed25a49.jpg[/img139]

I've updated the CH complete list in the OP, if I missed anyone, tell me via PM/VM.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Holy crap, I am on a roll today! Not long after a bit of misfortune regarding persistent rain on Route 14, I found a Shiny Skorupi! KO'd the rest of the horde, switched to Linoone, used Thunder Wave, threw a Poké Ball, and the Skorupi is caught! Female, Hasty, has Battle Armor (and I can fix that with an Ability Capsule easily enough).

EDIT: With a little over half an hour left to Friday the 13th for me, I am going for a seventh Shiny! Currently hunting on Route 21!

EDIT: Almost a full hour of frantic horde encounters on Route 21, nothing. Casually EV training my Shiny Stunky and Skorupi on Route 5, about half an hour after midnight? Shiny Gulpin.

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Keovix on Suicune, SurrealistSmeargle on Latias, Diego24 on Froakie, Pluski on Zangoose, cryuel on Trapinch, Psynergy on Dunsparce, Shine on Spewpa, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks, 2rsa!

-------------

Well, 300 REs and 200 SRs done this morning, but it turns out Friday the 13th isn’t luckier for me than any other day. 3,700 REs on Platinum, 4,400 REs on Black 2, and 7,100 SRs on HeartGold.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, LullabyVullaby, Shadowkrow, ChaoticInverse, Shy, and Lunafloon)!

Shy

★★★★★
Update
Well, looks like I didn't get a Friday the 13th shiny. Congratulations to anyone that did though (We won't be having another Fri 13th until Feb 2015)! As of tonight Torchic stands at 14,555 SRs and Fennekin stands at 650 SRs. I still haven't been in the mood to do my other hunts. I just really want to focus on getting this stubborn Torchic first and foremost!

Good luck with all your hunts!

elorasheppard

congratulations to diego24, maskofsanity1998, pluski, psynergy, shine, missingno.master and darkwolfblizzard on your recent shinies.

I found a shiny oddish in a newly acquired grass safari last night which I should be happy about (wanted one for ages) but I wish it was my MM hunt or the over odds hunt in black2 that had shined instead, but oh well, cant complain :)

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=2132080243&photo_id=20300102963#20300102963

My sandshrew hunt is now at 510 eggs and im at 5500 encounters in Black2 (come on shine already!) and I think i'll stick around this grass safari for a while too

Good luck shiny hunters

Cyberra

pain in the ***
My funky luck with the Johto starter trio continues... After only 198 eggs, chikorita shows off a red leaf for me

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6412_zps1cc7515e.jpg[/IMG139]

Another name pulled from mythology. For all you nitpickers out there, Osiris was a god of the underworld, but he was also associated with agriculture. So ner. I actually do look up the names I pick out.

Once I get the other 172 eggs hatched, I'll evolve him into meganium, then I'm going to start collecting eggs for venipede.

ElectricBassClef

Congrats to everybody who got a shiny since I last posted, including: ShinyMisty on Smeargle; Missingno. Master on Whismur, Stunky, Vanillite, Skorupi, and Wingull x2; Keovix on Suicune; elorasheppard on Ponyta and Oddish; Cyberra on Eevee and Chikorita; SurrealistSmeargle on Latias; Diego24 on Froakie; maskofsanity1998 on Absol; Pluski on Zangoose; Psynergy on Dunsparce; Shine on Spewpa; and DarkWolfBlizzard on Dedenne. (There were way too many people, so I only mentioned the last few pages by name. Sorry!) Sorry you lost that Seviper, Diego24! Also, I hope you finally get that Growlithe, Cpchris!

I'm very excited! I recently bought a copy of (French) HeartGold over the Internet and it arrived on Monday. I have several SR targets picked out for the game, including the starter. My plan was to trade any Cyndaquil or Chikorita that shone to one of my other Gen 4 games and then restart the file until I got a Totodile (which is my all-time fave starter). In the end, however, it was Totodile which shone first, after 2999 SRs, or 8997 total starters seen! My first ever in-game Pokémon was a female Totodile named Frieda in SoulSilver, and I'll admit that, even though I knew it was unrealistic, I was hoping that this one would be female as well. Well, sure enough...

Tai.jpg

(Nature is bashful and characteristic is very finicky.) I certainly couldn't be more pleased! Now I guess it's time to just play the game for a while, until I meet my next target, Ho-oh.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

Well, I finally got round to doing a decent amount of hunting again yesterday. I've now reached 12,153 REs on Route 32 for my Badge Quest. Yippee xD

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

shadow_wolf

Attachments

• 20140614_105800.jpg
    20140614_105800.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 2

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Well Friday the 13th was a lucky day for me. I decided a few days ago that I was going to go back to SRing for the roamer birds in my Japanese Platinum. This game was lucky, as a few months ago I got a shiny Articuno after 39 SRs, and I wanted to see if I could get another one. I didn't have a preference on what decided to shine, as both Moltres and Zapdos are nice.

I was talking to a few friends on another forum while I was looking for the birds. I found Zapdos with ease, but couldn't kill it off, so it fled. One of them came back to that same route, but I was half paying attention to my DS when I ran into the grass. I heard Moltres's cry and was about to SR when all of a sudden *bling*:

Shiny Moltres appeared! Only 304 SRs into the hunt, I got my second roamer bird!

Now this thing was extremely hard to catch. I paralyzed it with my Luxray and decided to let it flee. I switched my Smeargle to the front of my party, and proceeded to catch it. The first two attempts at catching this darn thing fainted my Smeargle, so I had to SR and start all over again. Several times it would get to 3 shakes and break free, but over half the time it wouldn't even get it to shake.

I was getting frustrated and was about to save it for the next day. I threw the last Heal Ball I was going to use. One shake, two shakes, three shakes, click! After nearly 3 hours of trying to catch it, it gets caught just when I'm about to give up.

Shinydex
Shiny Moltres
Quiet nature

I'm undecided on whether to go after shiny Zapdos, but I think I will, just to complete the roamer bird trio.

Congrats to everyone on their new shinies, but a special shoutout goes to TheMaster327 on finally getting one of those darn birds to shine!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I was running around in elorasheppard's FS again while running errands with my mother this morning, with my male cute charm sylveon lead, hoping for a combee or an illumise. Guess what I got.

Another shiny #!*%&! pinsir.

>.< Gah... I don't want or need another shiny pinsir. Whyyyyyyyyy do illumise or combee not want to shine for me?!