• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
The first member of the all-golden shiny team, growlithe, has hatched

growlithe03_zps54dc46e6.jpg

This guy came on egg 360 out of 390 total hatched. I've yet to reach the odds for gen VI MM.
He didn't get attack but at least ended up with HP, Def and Speed, and hatched with close combat, crunch, flare blitz and morning sun as planned!

Next up is poochyena, about 250 eggs into this hunt now.

Congrats to everyone on the recent shinies, seems there is a lot of good luck out there at the moment (even on Friday 13th)
And good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: elorasheppard on Oddish and Ponyta, Cyberra on Chikorita, Eevee and Pinsir (good luck on getting Combee or Illumise, though!), SurrealistSmeargle on Latias, Diego24 on Froakie (though sorry about the Seviper!), maskofsanity1998 on Absol, Pluski on Zangoose, Cryuel on Trapinch, Psynergy on Dunsparce, Shine on Spewpa, Missingno. Master on Skorupi and Gulpin, ElectricBassClef on Totodile, shadow_wolf on Totodile, Storm_Dragoon on Moltres, pikamilk on Smeargle, Solfatara on Growlithe, and anyone else I've missed!

I'm ill. It started off with just hayfever on Thursday, but now my throat is aching and I get dizzy spells and headaches, so I've been lying on my back all day watching Orange Is The New Black (anyone else watched it?) and soft-resetting for Cranidos. I've managed to get my SRs up to 9k, so I'm over the odds now, and will probably carry on for a while after dinner. I'm definitely going for 10k by the end of tomorrow! This is my first over the odds hunt ever, so I'm pretty stoked.

Good luck everyone, especially Shy on Torchic! It's about time it shone.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats on the recent shinies, especially TheMaster327 on Zapdos!

No luck for me lately... I started my first full-time job this week, so my hunting time has been cut significantly for the summer. I've been focusing on my Piplup MM for the last couple of days, and it has officially become my longest MM hunt ever. I'm at 780 eggs so far, which is about 150 more than my previous longest MM for Skiddo. Really hoping that it doesn't take too much longer, because at this rate, half of my Pokebank is going to be filled with Piplups. XD As for my other hunts, Sudowoodo is at 2700 SRs and Fennekin is at 1650 SRs. I'm going to work on Fennekin over the weekend since I've been neglecting it lately. I'm also considering starting a legendary quest in White and/or White 2, but I may wait until my other SR hunts are out of the way before I do that.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Plugged some time into Y for my Badgequest and up to 1000REs at last! Moved from the forest to Route 2 a little while back too, realised I preferred the rest of the options there. Aiming for Scatterbug, but I'd take anything from Route 2, really.

No random shinies from this batch of competitives on X, either.

Congrats to everyone else on theirs though!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I finally hatched a Shiny Minccino; it happened as I was hatching my third batch of collected Mincinno eggs and I've since evolved the Shiny Minccino. It took a little over 800 eggs but the effort was worth it. I'll continue doing random encounters for Shinies in Y for now.

Pluski

I decided to do some horde hunting in Kalos Route 14 today, and after a short hunt, I found a shiny Bellsprout!

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/yehj04s.jpg[/IMG300] [IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/tus4hqm.jpg[/IMG300]

I'm going to hunt in the Frost Cavern next.

BenYS

Shiny Hunting!
Well, I got my shiny Eevee! Only took 1800 MMs...and the IVs are great too with 31/0/28-30/31/31/31. However, somehow I managed to not give it egg moves, so because it doesn't have Wish it's not going to make a very good Vaporeon...so I'm going to try for another one to get a Vaporeon and use this one as a Sylveon, as I can make it a Calm Mind user instead. Senseless letting it go to waste, especially seeing as the spreads required Sylveon/Vaporeon are so similar. Also, Sylveon's got a pretty badass shiny!

EDIT: Pictures!

[IMG300]http://s14.postimg.org/4wzzq7qsh/WP_20140615_00_16_32_Pro.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://s14.postimg.org/p5ndbxq3l/WP_20140615_00_17_49_Pro.jpg[/IMG300]

Last edited:

Sydwinx

Queen of Hoopla
Well, after getting vivillionx4, I decided to search in a ghost safari that I recently had gotten. It had drifblim, pumpkaboo, and shuppet, and I was hoping for a drifblim, and sure enough, I got one( while cooking, which was interesting because I jumped when I saw it...thank god I didn't knock over anything). He has a Jolly nature and the ability unburden, and I decided to name him sea salt because the blue reminds me of a seasalt icecream bar from Kingdom hearts. While I was training him in a normal friend safari, a shiny dunsparce appeared! With a docile nature, I decided to name him angel, but he got run away for an ability, which isn't great, but not bad.

On friday the 13th, I got two shiny trapinch, one I named Sonic storm, and the Other Poisanthorn. Today, I got a Shiny Sandile, which I named Dune. I'm looking in a Dark safari now for a shiny nuzleaf. I'm hoping for a female, so I could name her Sydwinx. ( Seedot was one of my favorite pokemon when I was little, and I considered it my signature pokemon)

Also, I'm not sure if I can ask on here, but how does everyone upload shiny pics( or, take pictures of their shinies?) Do you just take a picture on your camera, or? I want to start showing my shinies. xD

Nakashima

Just a quick blanket congrats to everyone, cause I am WAY too excited to list off names right now. Special congrats to Master once again on his bird, and Storm on her bird though! Them birds be awesome, you guys <3

I GOT MY SHINY TEPIG!! I GOT IT!! IT TOOK ME WAY TOO LONG TO DO THESE RESETS CAUSE IM BAD AT RESETS, BUT I GOT MY SHINY PIGGY!

[IMG139]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee108/Soundless-/DSC_0086.jpg[/IMG139]

It took 7508 SRs to get this thing, which all in all isnt bad as its under the odds, but it felt like forever.. black2/white2 sure take their time with starter soft resets, and my wrist acting up sure didnt help facilitate the process.. In the end, I got it on my 2nd White 2 version, on my newly aquired DSi XL (got a great deal on that + 7 pokemon games), so im real glad i got that ds and game! Woot! Can start my badge quest now!!

[IMG139]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee108/Soundless-/DSC_0091.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee108/Soundless-/DSC_0089.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee108/Soundless-/DSC_0090.jpg[/IMG139]

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
Well, 1410 eggs hatched for miltank so far and no shinies yet. Getting kinda discouraged, this is the longest mm I've done yet I think, but I'll keep on hatching until the very end. I'm really hoping it'll shine soon so I can start trying to build my first somewhat competitive team. My shiny charm hasn't been much help, but I'm hoping it'll kick in soon.

Congrats on all recent shinies and good luck to all!

elorasheppard

congratulations to electricbassclef, shadowwolf, stormdragoon, solfatara, lorde, pluski, benys, sydwinx and nakashima on your recent shiny success.

well, ive hatched 600 eggs for sandshrew so im hoping a big hatchathon today might yield something. Im also still slugging away in route 9/ SRing in heartgold as my battery on my old DSes die quickly so I do one or the other as my lite/original DS goes red. I've gotta say that, despite the fact the bottom screen of my DS chunky no longer works, its held up extremely well considering its nearly 10 years old. Thinking of that, my GBA SP is still in perfect working order too.... Nintendo do make sturdy tech :)

Anywho, good luck shiny hunters

Shy

★★★★★
Update
I didn't get much hunting done today. Attended a Father's Day dinner and spent time with the family afterwards. I only managed to get Torchic up to 14,900. I really wish I could have gotten it up to 15k and worked on my Fennekin hunt just a little, but it's already late enough. :(

A blanket congratulatory on any newly obtained shinies. Especially to Nakashima on your shiny Tepig! (You've been working really hard so you definitely deserve it!) :)

Good luck with all your hunts!

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats everyone on they're Shiny's ! Those who have gotten they're long awaited ones and those who have finished the community hunt as we'll. I hunted in the safari these past couple of days and I ended up with swilrix(whom I've hunted with the pokeradar), shuppet(from my brothers safari) and an ivysaur. Good luck to everyone on their hunts! (Also I've been collecting eggs for a Deddene)

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations to shadow_wolf on Totodile, Storm_Dragoon on Moltres, pikamilk on Smeargle, Cyberra on Pinsir (kind of xD), Solfatara on Growlithe, Lorde on Minccino, Pluski on Bellsprout, Royal_Quca on Octillery, BenYS on Eevee, Sydwinx on Drifblim, Dunsparce, Trapinchx2 and Sandile, Nakashima on finally getting your Tepig (I know you've been after it for a while) and Iwanuq on Swirlix, Shuppet and Ivysaur!

I did a fair amount of hunting yesterday. My REs on Route 32 are now at 12,591. I remember my last long hunt, Lugia, seemed to take a lot longer than this hunt to get to high numbers, but I wasn't hunting as often or as much back then.

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Congratulations to Cyberra on Pinsir (kind of xD)

It wasn't all bad... I stat-checked and marked it, then dumped it into the GTS. Asked for a suicune but was not actually expecting to get one. Imagine my shock when I checked a half hour later and got the "your pokemon has been traded!" message. Jaw, meet floor... Suicune is not shiny, is Japanese, and was caught in Johto. I love him to bits.

One of my liechi berry trees finally started shaking, and I parked myself in front of it. I'm up to 1,200 SRs (I got 600 more done tonight), and when I finally had to shut down my 3DS I left the tree shaking so hopefully the bug will still be there when I pick up the game again later.

CuteSylveon

Hi all wow it's been so long since i posted here!

Lately i have been getting back into shiny hunting; so i decided to try something new-I call it an after game shiny badge quest.

It's basically the same as a badge quest; except first you have to hatch (Masuda Method) any Pokemon (from that regions Pokedex) or a starter of your choice (as obviously you already will of had your starter through the main game. It also has to be a starter from that region; eg-in Pokemon X, the starters are Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie), and then you go through the game till you would get a certain badge and you'd get one shiny by every badge (like a normal badge quest, just after game, gives the game even more longevity and handy if you're a shiny hunter like me).

My rules i'm following (you can make your own) are:

~ I can only hatch (Masuda Method) one shiny (not including my starter).
~ The first shiny i come across (whether i like it or not) is the one for where that number badge would of been (like a normal Badge Quest).
~ Things to help me encounter certain Pokemon (Static, Magnet Pull, Cute Charm etc) are allowed, as long as i follow rule #2 (above).
~ Encounter O-powers are allowed too.

At the moment i have a shiny Fennekin (that i hatched as my starter after i don't know how many eggs-but it was over 300), for (what would of been) badge #1, and now i'm trying to get a shiny wild Honedge, with a fainted Magnemite with Magnet Pull at the front. I'm finding the Encountering O-Power very useful while doing this, i've already decided what my #3 (which i will be using my one allowance of the Masuda Method for) will be ^^

It was just a random thing what i thought up as i didn't want to put down Pokemon X just yet xD

I'll be doing updates telling how things are going with it and i hope i get Honedge soon :D

Quest started on: 15th June 2014 (lets see how long it takes me to do it) :3

EDIT: Here's the link to my shiny Fennekin: http://cutesylveon.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-X-AfterGame-Badge-Quest-Shiny-1-Fennekin-461021690

Last edited:

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
No new shinies for me yet. My hunts are at 6275 REs in Platinum and 2110 SRs in B&W.

I've decided to take a break from Y for now, because I can't think of anything I want to hunt on there and I'm tired of MM. So for now I'm playng AC:NL and my older gen pokemon games.

Congrats to the recent shinies, especially Nakashima on Tepig (hope your next target will be a quick one.). Also good luck to all ongoing hunts, especially Cpchris on Growlithe, Dangertrout on your BQ, LopunnyBunny on Torchic, and Lunafloon on Sandile.