• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
So I just spent an hour updating my shiny card. It was hard work, I had to copy and paste each box in there, then grey over the previous spots on the template. But I figured since I only had one space left I needed to do it soon. So here it is

This is what is looked like before

In shiny news Im trying to get riolu. Trapinch, Riolu, Zorua, Gligar, and Chimchar were my main 5 shinies that I hadn't achieved yet. And since I got Gligar, and Zorua so soon I have decided to go for the rest. Also Of course I am still on Latias. Its nearing the 11th month now. Almost been a year since I started this hunt, and even when I take breaks from hunting everyday, I still do a couple of Latias Sr's. This will be my greatest shiny ever once I get her. Congrats on the recent hunts and Good Luck!

Last edited:

Genfried

First congratulations to any who obtained a shiny in the recent days!

Secondly good luck to those who are still hunting.

Community Hunt June Complete!

After days of SR'ing Spewpa decided to shine!
With max Sp. attack IV and a modest sync it looks good with the exception of everything else.(Hp, Att, Def under 10 and sp. def and speed around 15-19 ish)

Edit: Pictures:
www.imgur.com/a/RBur1#0

Last edited:
So this morning I had some time to kill before I had to leave for work so I was just hatching eggs for my mm hunt and a few minutes later my shiny hatched :D! Egg 49, timid nature and perfect IVs in everything but special defense. All of my other egg charmanders have had 5 IVs so when the IV judge made it all the way to special attack without missing a beat I was afraid that it wasn't going to have a speed IV. I have a non shiny competative charizard with dragon pulse but I've wanted a shiny one that also has my ID.

Last edited:
Hi all wow it's been so long since i posted here!

Lately i have been getting back into shiny hunting; so i decided to try something new-I call it an after game shiny badge quest.

It's basically the same as a badge quest; except first you have to hatch (Masuda Method) any Pokemon (from that regions Pokedex) or a starter of your choice (as obviously you already will of had your starter through the main game. It also has to be a starter from that region; eg-in Pokemon X, the starters are Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie), and then you go through the game till you would get a certain badge and you'd get one shiny by every badge (like a normal badge quest, just after game, gives the game even more longevity and handy if you're a shiny hunter like me).

My rules i'm following (you can make your own) are:

~ I can only hatch (Masuda Method) one shiny (not including my starter).
~ The first shiny i come across (whether i like it or not) is the one for where that number badge would of been (like a normal Badge Quest).
~ Things to help me encounter certain Pokemon (Static, Magnet Pull, Cute Charm etc) are allowed, as long as i follow rule #2 (above).
~ Encounter O-powers are allowed too.

At the moment i have a shiny Fennekin (that i hatched as my starter after i don't know how many eggs-but it was over 300), for (what would of been) badge #1, and now i'm trying to get a shiny wild Honedge, with a fainted Magnemite with Magnet Pull at the front. I'm finding the Encountering O-Power very useful while doing this, i've already decided what my #3 (which i will be using my one allowance of the Masuda Method for) will be ^^

It was just a random thing what i thought up as i didn't want to put down Pokemon X just yet xD

I'll be doing updates telling how things are going with it and i hope i get Honedge soon :D

Quest started on: 15th June 2014 (lets see how long it takes me to do it) :3

EDIT: Here's the link to my shiny Fennekin: http://cutesylveon.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-X-AfterGame-Badge-Quest-Shiny-1-Fennekin-461021690

I like this idea, I might steal it from you....After I hatch helioptile (hatch shiny&6iv for my b-day tomorrow please?) probably gonna hatch chespin as the starter and cubone as my masuda

and I've been gone all day but I will do a little bit of hatching and maybe horde encounters in connecting cave

I have been hunting in a Friend Safari for an Eevee for ages now on and off, and I've managed to find my 4th and 5th Audino in this Safari within 5 MINUTES of each other. 5 MINUTES!!!!!! So frustrated with seeing Audino, I'd even love an Aipom at this rate but no Audino's everywhere. Good luck everyone else with their hunts and may you get your targets without 4 duplicates.

Last edited:
Well, about a few days ago I decided to hop on the MM bandwagon and try for a shiny Houndour, because a friend of mine really loves Houndoom. I'm up to 330 eggs hatched so far, and nothing. I've collected about 4 boxes of eggs today, so hopefully I find something today!!

I want to say congratulations to EVERYONE on this forum. You guys all have killer patience. It's really helped me stay focused on my goal! Congrats again, everyone, and good luck to your current hunts! :)

Last edited:

Oblivion_Bliss

Got a gloom and dewgong today from FS :) both are personal favourites since the days of gen 1 and I don't mind a bit about their nature or IVs- I'm just delighted to have them .... but wow is that shiny dewgong subtle.
The hunt for MM ekans wages on, i've only 120ish eggs hatched yet though.
Also, I'm assuming the chances of a shiny in a hoard is 1/5 the norm? Golden Lickitung is tempting me!

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Also, I'm assuming the chances of a shiny in a hoard is 1/5 the norm? Golden Lickitung is tempting me!

Actually the chances are the same as in any other encounter (bar FS), so your chances are effectively very nearly 5 times that of a single encounter when hunting in hordes.
Congratulations on your dewgong and gloom! :)

And congrats to everyone else as well: Lorde, Pluski, Royal_Qeca, BenYS, Sydwinx, Nakashima, Iwanuq, General_Ridley, Genfried, Birds of Paradise and RadioactiveShinies (whether you like them or not)!

I'm at 300 eggs for pooch now and nothing yet.
Good luck to everyone, and particularly those doing the community hunt!

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Music definitely helps to pass the time with MMing shiny mons. I'll be starting a new hunt soon for a shiny Munna. Congrats and good luck to everyone. :)

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Speaking of sutle color swaps, I'm going for a shiny Leafeon. Working on a shiny Eeveeloution team for kicks. I have Espeon, Vaporeon, and Sylveon already so I only have three to go for a full team (don't bother with the last one since I won't use it)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I got a birthday shiny! :D

I was trying to hatch buneary eggs and hunting in Floccesy Ranch, one of the worst shiny hunting places IMO, because of all the non-obvious shinies, made even worse by normal mareep looking pinker in fifth gen. Lucky for me, I got the most obvious shiny in the place: a blue-eyed patrat. :)

It's male, lonely nature, run away ability, and highly curious. I named him Bday!! of course.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to DarkWolfBlizzard on Dedenne, Cyberra on Chikorita, ElectricBassClef on Totodile, shadow_wolf on Totodile, Storm_Dragoon on Moltres, pikamilk on Smeargle, Solfatara on Growlithe, Lorde on Minccino, BenYS on Eevee, Nakashima on Tepig, CuteSylveon on Fennekin, General_Ridley on Scyther, Genfried on Spewpa, Birds of Paradise on Charmander, wobbanut on Patrat, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thank you, ElectricBassClef and Shadowkrow :)

And happy birthday, maskofsanity1998! (And happy belated, wobbanut!)

-------------

Orange Is The New Black (anyone else watched it?)

I started watching it last week :) Hope you feel better!

-------------

Only got to do 200 REs and 100 SRs today =\ I would have been out of work at 9, but I ended up staying till nearly 11 because of how busy we’d gotten (which was great money for me :D) and I felt bad for the dishwasher having so much stuff to do (aside from normal father’s day stuff, we also had a 45 person party)…So as much as I was hoping to get a little more hunting done tonight, empathy got the better of me, and I suppose appropriately so.

Sometimes it amazes me that I see so many Growlithes at times while I’m hunting, and yet somehow have managed to avoid any shiny ones =\

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, LullabyVullaby, Shadowkrow, ChaoticInverse, Shy, Roseheart95, and Lunafloon)!

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
Wow, my hunt on Route 10 has ended. A shiny nosepass appeared after 437 hordes, or 2185 encounters, with a shiny charm. This was my first shiny outside of the ocean and Friend Safari in X.

dzvl4Gx.jpg

It is a female with a Mild nature and the ability Magnet Pull, along with a good Defense IV. As far as my Cyndaquil hunt is going, I'd estimate I've hatched around 11-12 boxes so far.

Just wondering, what are the chances of MM in X with a shiny charm (even if it's unconfirmed whether it has any effects)? I've read somewhere that it's around 512, but I'm not sure....

elorasheppard

Congratulations to iwanuq, cutesylveon, general_ridley, genfried, birdsofparadise, oblivion_bliss, wobbanut and spawty

Happy birthday also to wobbanut and maskofsanity1998 :)

Well I have some new FS shinies to report. I was hunting in the safari where I got oddish on Friday and in quick succession got a second oddish (which is now a gloom) and a Gogoat! Love those colours :D

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=2132080243&photo_id=8199997914#8199997914
http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=2132080243&photo_id=8199997996#8199997996

I then moved to a bug safari, and a few hours later got a shiny paras, tho I nearly missed it as it coincided with a world cup goal so I missed the sparkly sound!

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=2132080243&photo_id=8199998093#8199998093

Im going to carry on in this safari as it also has venomoth and I like its colouring.

As for my 'actual' hunts, Im at 850 eggs for Sandshrew and nada.... hoping to get to 1000 tonight (or that it shines, please >_<) and ive reached 7000 encounters in route 9. The friend safari shinies are nice to tide me over but I do wish some of the ones ive worked hard for shine instead!

Good luck shiny hunters :)

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to DarkWolfBlizzard on Dedenne, Cyberra on Chikorita, ElectricBassClef on Totodile, shadow_wolf on Totodile, Storm_Dragoon on Moltres, pikamilk on Smeargle, Solfatara on Growlithe, Lorde on Minccino, BenYS on Eevee, Nakashima on Tepig, CuteSylveon on Fennekin, General_Ridley on Scyther, Genfried on Spewpa, Birds of Paradise on Charmander, wobbanut(And happy birthday) on Patrat, and everyone else I might have missed! ^^

I finally have a shiny news. Yesterday while I was on a break from studing I decided to pay FS a visit. Less that 20 encounters I found this little guy:
He's so adorable I love him. ^^
And my Snivy hunt is up to 350 SRs at the moment.

Attachments

• ux2vu7yse4155epbfe72.jpg
    ux2vu7yse4155epbfe72.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 21

CuteSylveon

I like this idea, I might steal it from you....After I hatch helioptile (hatch shiny&6iv for my b-day tomorrow please?) probably gonna hatch chespin as the starter and cubone as my masuda

and I've been gone all day but I will do a little bit of hatching and maybe horde encounters in connecting cave

Thanks and Happy Birthday too! I hope you get your Helioptile for it-good luck! :D

Hey guys I just can't believe it! I only started the Route 6 hunt yesterday afternoon (granted I was encountering from the early afternoon till around 11:30pm last night but yeah...) and this morning at about 7:45am I came across a shiny Sentret-though it was Honedge I was after (was using Magnet Pull and everything darn it! x'D)

Link to my shiny Sentret is here: http://cutesylveon.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-X-AfterGame-Badge-Quest-Shiny-2-Sentret-461187569

At least it means I can move on to the next badge shiny and I'm already loving my shiny Sentret, I've never used one on any team before and I have forgotten what it evolves into even ^.^;

This makes it my badge #2 shiny, for my third (which is when i'll be using up my one Masuda Method allowance), I will be going for...you guessed it; Eevee (since technically Route 10 where you get Eevee is past where the second gym is), and i'll be trying to get a Sylveon which is my favourite Pokémon ^^

My Sentret is male, is a Bashful nature (-nothing, +nothing), and it says in his characteristic that he 'like to relax', which I believe means his highest IV is in HP??

EDIT: I've found out that he evolves into Furret (so cute!!!) and I checked the base stats and decided that I'll be EV training him in Attack (or HP) and Speed and hopefully after I've done that i'll be able to tell what his IV's seem to be (I checked with the Judge in Kiloude City and he said his potential is 'above average' overall and that his greatest potential lies in HP, so looks like I was right about his characteristic.

So happy with this little guy (though it wasn't who I was going for), and after I've EV trained him it's on to Eevee (which I bet takes forever since I got Sentret so early x'D)

Congratulations on all recent shinies and good luck to those still hunting-don't give up! You can do it! ^^

EDIT (17th June 2014): I evolved him into Furret and after EV training, his IV's seem to be:

HP: 24
Attack: 17-21
Defense: 9-14
Sp A: 10, 12, 14
Sp Def: 17, 19, 21
Speed: 6, 8

Oh boy...they're not great I know...but you know what? Furret's so cute it doesn't matter about his IV's! xD

Link to a picture of my fully evolved Furret: http://cutesylveon.deviantart.com/art/AGBQ-2-Evolution-Shiny-Furret-461425863

And while I'm here; may as well say Fennekins IV's too, they are:

HP: 13-18
Attack: 31
Defense: 31
Special Attack: 21, 23, 25
Special Defense: 31
Speed: 24-30

Not bad, since they're all higher than 20 (save for HP)

Link to my shiny Fennekin Amie pictures here: http://cutesylveon.deviantart.com/art/My-Shiny-Fennekin-Pokemon-Amie-461193259

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Venipede round 1 has come up empty. Not surprising... This is probably going to be a decently long hunt as opposed to some of the quick ones I've been having lately. Normally I'd be starting round 2 egg collection immediately after finishing round 1, but my brain is absolutely fried so I'm heading for bed early.

So it turns out that shiny pinsirs aren't all that elorasheppard's FS has been giving me. I just noticed that my male cute charmer has pokerus, and the only place I've been using him has been in that one safari, so that's the only place he could have gotten it. Two shiny pinsirs and pokerus... Not bad. (Though I still would have preferred a combee)

I didn't get many honedges hatched today, since I spent the day in front of that shaking berry tree instead of hatching eggs. My egg count is only up to 510 from 440. My SR count, however, is up to 1,800. Ledyba is still being elusive.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations to CuteSylveon on Fennekin and Sentret, General_Ridley on Scyther, Genfried on Spewpa, Birds of Paradise on Charmander, RadioactiveShinies on Audinox2 (I guess :p), Oblivion_Bliss on Gloom and Dewgong, wobbanut on Patrat (and happy birthday!), Spawty on Nosepass, elorasheppard on Oddishx2, Gogoat and Paras and 2rsa on Dedenne!

Happy birthday maskofsanity1998 :)

Thanks for the good luck, Cpchris :D Sending some back to you for your Growlithe :)

Anyway, did about three hours hunting yesterday, bringing my total REs on Route 32 to 13,241. Honestly, I'm not too fussed by such long hunts (although maybe I shouldn't say that :p). Shiny hunting is something to do whilst I watch anime, so it's easier not to get discouraged with long hunts if I've got that to focus on instead :)

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Congratulations to everyone who has gotten a shiny the past week or so!

About 3 days ago I managed to hatch myself another shiny Espurr! She has a gentle nature and is somewhat of a clown. I hatched her on my X version and transferred her to my Y version where she is a beautiful golden meowstic now! She is my 3rd BQ shiny.
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ReddFoxy/media/Shiny/20140616_114951_zpsn4k5t1vc.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Yesterday I was searching for my 4th BQ shiny and after about ~20 encounters I found a shiny Nosepass! He has a sassy nature and is quick to flee. Altough I will not be using him, he is still an awesome shiny! And I'm very happy he shone so quickly.
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ReddFoxy/media/Shiny/20140616_115405_zps3p8bmxlm.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

For my 5th target I'm horde hunting for a shiny mareep on route 12. Expecting this to be a long hunt but I'm really thrilled about it since I love Ampharos and especially it's shiny colours.
Edit: Just now I came across a shiny mareep! I'm catching it now. This file has given me so much luck!
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ReddFoxy/media/Shiny/20140616_125733_zpsltlaijtt.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
I caught her in a premier ball since I really love this kind of ball. She has a timid nature and a sturdy body.
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ReddFoxy/media/Shiny/output_zpsdk31pih2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Good luck everyone on their targets especially those who have all those long hunts, I'm throwing my luck your ways!and have a nice day!

Last edited:

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
I've encountered yet another shiny Geodude in Victory Road. Well, it was in horde so it was defeated by Magnitude... But never mind, I already have shiny Geodude.

Is horde raising odds of encountering shiny Pokémon? So is it higher than Friend Safari?

Well, I was spent most of time in Victory Road for speed EV training and EXP points...

Anyway, good luck to else who still hunting and, congrats for getting shinies!