• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

elorasheppard

Congratulations to tomoegoto, pluski, maskofsanity1998, maldoror, rovert, gwabahim, varanus_komodoensis, tigurtz, keyblade_club, solfatara, 2rsa, themaster327, absolutelyabsol, nakashima, storm_dragoon, kingwufharth and cutesylveon on your recent shinies

Special congrats to supremacy on completing your kalos quest and cpchris on finally getting that growlithe (you really deserve it!)

As for me, I kinda lost a little motivation for hunting over the last couple of days. With yet another MM going over 1000 eggs and my hunt in route 9 going way over odds too, ive been feeling a little deflated. But, as CpChris has shown, persistence can pay off so Im hoping ill get my second wind to hunt again tonight.

Good luck shiny hunters

Dangertrout

Just dropping in for a quick hello and congrats to all those hunts.
Especially Cpchris, who I think is crazy for trying to get a SECOND growlithe after how long the first one took. :p

Not much new on my end. In X I've found a couple more shiny Hoppip and a shiny Ducklett while looking for Psyduck.
I picked up my BQs again, and discovered that at some point in Pearl I found pkrs a SECOND time. 1/20K chance my butt. >: (
I'm almost at 100 hours since I found the Zubat, and it's becoming very trying to continue.
SS hasn't reached the odds yet. so I'm not as irritated with that hunt.
My W2 Azelf hunt is over the odds though, so I'm hoping that one wraps up soon.

Anywho, good luck to everyone.

Scrufox86

Oh hello again all. I have managed to find my 3rd shiny Whirlipede lol (2nd in this safari) while hunting for shiny Venomoth lol. I think the game is proper teasing me by not giving the shiny Moth to me. But I will get one and then I think I will give the friend safari a break and go back to a horde hunt.

Anyway congrats to all new shinies since my last post and especially to the triple MM shinies! Good luck to all shiny hunters!

ohjeezitskim

CPCHRIS.
FINALLY.
HALLELUJAH.

Congrats ^^ that's one stubborn dog! That was one really long hunt with a crap ton of phases!
Haven't been here very often the passed week, sad I missed it by a day lol

so no shinies YET, but i'm hunting at route 6 hoping for honedge or espurr, but anything that isn't a keckleon would be fine with me. my third one will be hawlucha(hopefully)and then after that i'm really not sure
anyways congrats on the shiny pokemon and good luck to everyone

Keyblade_Cub

Congrats on all the new shinies since my last post yesterday.

This morning I couldn't sleep and I finished up some encounters in a Ghost Safari and got one of my favorite Shinys from Kalos, Pumpkaboo! Very happy to have gotten.
But doesn't look like I can spend the rest of my day hunting some more as I did get the job yesterday and am started today in about a half hour actually. Pretty nervous and it's been about 6 months without having a job.

So good luck to everyone on their hunts and to those on their long hunts keep it up, they'll shine eventually.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to Nakashima on Eevee #2, Cpchris on finally getting your Growlith, Pluski on Lunatune, TomoEgoto on Corphish, Storm_dragon on Cottonee, Pawniard and Vulpix, Sydwinx on the Sandile (hope you get the one you want soon) and Scrufox86 on 3rd shiny Whirlipede (hope you get Venomoth soon)!!

Last night I decided to do some more horde encounters while watching shady's road to ranked. I wasn't expecting anything specially since Stunky took me 3 days to find, But I found a shiny Cubchoo. Exactly the one I wanted the most. It's female but sadly has a modest nature. I'm not evolving it though. It's too cute. I called her Knut. Knut was the name of a famous polar bear that was born in a german zoo. Here is a little pic:
http://postimg.org/image/y4gy7ewmn/
I'm not done yet.:D I've found another shiny this morning. In my last post I mentioned I was going to hunt Deerling and to my surprise it was the 19th egg I hatched. It's male so I called him Bambi. I haden't nicknamed my Stunky yet but after Bambi I decided to call him Flower. I'm might hunt a bunnelby next and I'd call him Thumper. XD
Here is a pic:
http://postimg.org/image/twm5ynv73/
BTW, if anyone needs Winter Deerlings let me know. ^^

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Just an update- I have not acquired any new Shinies since that Gulpin. Now that I'm at 99 Shinies, I want my 100th to be especially special, which is why I'm determined to catch my 100th Shiny in Orre! Thus far, my Rock Poké Spot hunt is up to 614 encounters, not counting Munchlax. Wish me luck! And congrats to everyone on their recent Shinies, and good luck to those also hunting!

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
Sorry for double posting but this is outrageous!
It was early this morning (Like, 2 in the morning) and while watching an old black and white Godzilla movie I was randomly hatching Pokemon.
I didn't really care about what I was hatching and so I just grabbed a few eggs, hatched them, switched out the parent and rinse and repeat.
So, I was on Castform for a bit, I randomly thought about if I would notice it shiny if it ever shone, after hatching my 12th egg...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFcxvwdXuAg&list=UUpkXpSiU1Ti8FGiH2_r21eQ
I wasn't Everstoning because I figured I wasn't getting anything so its Gentle.
BUT that isn't all... after getting over the fact I random hatched a shiny, I looked up a Pokemon on my phone to see if I could do any FoYT hunts....
Well, he isn't FoYT, but he is shiny and he took 12 eggs to hatch TOO. I kid you not folks, this Torpius took 12 eggs to hatch!
I just switched the parent out for another after hatching 11 eggs of Torpius and while beginning to hatch my next set of eggs, one hatched...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAS6Ooi2Fzo&list=UUpkXpSiU1Ti8FGiH2_r21eQ

CuteSylveon

Congratulations to tomoegoto, pluski, maskofsanity1998, maldoror, rovert, gwabahim, varanus_komodoensis, tigurtz, keyblade_club, solfatara, 2rsa, themaster327, absolutelyabsol, nakashima, storm_dragoon, kingwufharth and cutesylveon on your recent shinies

Special congrats to supremacy on completing your kalos quest and cpchris on finally getting that growlithe (you really deserve it!)

As for me, I kinda lost a little motivation for hunting over the last couple of days. With yet another MM going over 1000 eggs and my hunt in route 9 going way over odds too, ive been feeling a little deflated. But, as CpChris has shown, persistence can pay off so Im hoping ill get my second wind to hunt again tonight.

Good luck shiny hunters

Thank you and don't give up! You'll find something soon, it'll be worth it in the end ^^

Oh hello again all. I have managed to find my 3rd shiny Whirlipede lol (2nd in this safari) while hunting for shiny Venomoth lol. I think the game is proper teasing me by not giving the shiny Moth to me. But I will get one and then I think I will give the friend safari a break and go back to a horde hunt.

Anyway congrats to all new shinies since my last post and especially to the triple MM shinies! Good luck to all shiny hunters!

Good luck with getting Venomoth, it's a great Pokémon and a great shiny too!

so no shinies YET, but i'm hunting at route 6 hoping for honedge or espurr, but anything that isn't a keckleon would be fine with me. my third one will be hawlucha(hopefully)and then after that i'm really not sure
anyways congrats on the shiny pokemon and good luck to everyone

Good luck! Hope you get something soon ^^

Congrats on all the new shinies since my last post yesterday.

This morning I couldn't sleep and I finished up some encounters in a Ghost Safari and got one of my favorite Shinys from Kalos, Pumpkaboo! Very happy to have gotten.
But doesn't look like I can spend the rest of my day hunting some more as I did get the job yesterday and am started today in about a half hour actually. Pretty nervous and it's been about 6 months without having a job.

So good luck to everyone on their hunts and to those on their long hunts keep it up, they'll shine eventually.

Congratulations on Pumpkaboo and congrats on getting the job!

Congratz to Nakashima on Eevee #2, Cpchris on finally getting your Growlith, Pluski on Lunatune, TomoEgoto on Corphish, Storm_dragon on Cottonee, Pawniard and Vulpix, Sydwinx on the Sandile (hope you get the one you want soon) and Scrufox86 on 3rd shiny Whirlipede (hope you get Venomoth soon)!!

Last night I decided to do some more horde encounters while watching shady's road to ranked. I wasn't expecting anything specially since Stunky took me 3 days to find, But I found a shiny Cubchoo. Exactly the one I wanted the most. It's female but sadly has a modest nature. I'm not evolving it though. It's too cute. I called her Knut. Knut was the name of a famous polar bear that was born in a german zoo. Here is a little pic:
http://postimg.org/image/y4gy7ewmn/
I'm not done yet.:D I've found another shiny this morning. In my last post I mentioned I was going to hunt Deerling and to my surprise it was the 19th egg I hatched. It's male so I called him Bambi. I haden't nicknamed my Stunky yet but after Bambi I decided to call him Flower. I'm might hunt a bunnelby next and I'd call him Thumper. XD
Here is a pic:
http://postimg.org/image/twm5ynv73/
BTW, if anyone needs Winter Deerlings let me know. ^^

Congrats and awesome references there haha ;3

Sorry for double posting but this is outrageous!
It was early this morning (Like, 2 in the morning) and while watching an old black and white Godzilla movie I was randomly hatching Pokemon.
I didn't really care about what I was hatching and so I just grabbed a few eggs, hatched them, switched out the parent and rinse and repeat.
So, I was on Castform for a bit, I randomly thought about if I would notice it shiny if it ever shone, after hatching my 12th egg...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFcxvwdXuAg&list=UUpkXpSiU1Ti8FGiH2_r21eQ
I wasn't Everstoning because I figured I wasn't getting anything so its Gentle.
BUT that isn't all... after getting over the fact I random hatched a shiny, I looked up a Pokemon on my phone to see if I could do any FoYT hunts....
Well, he isn't FoYT, but he is shiny and he took 12 eggs to hatch TOO. I kid you not folks, this Torpius took 12 eggs to hatch!
I just switched the parent out for another after hatching 11 eggs of Torpius and while beginning to hatch my next set of eggs, one hatched...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAS6Ooi2Fzo&list=UUpkXpSiU1Ti8FGiH2_r21eQ

Congrats ^^

Just an update- I have not acquired any new Shinies since that Gulpin. Now that I'm at 99 Shinies, I want my 100th to be especially special, which is why I'm determined to catch my 100th Shiny in Orre! Thus far, my Rock Poké Spot hunt is up to 614 encounters, not counting Munchlax. Wish me luck! And congrats to everyone on their recent Shinies, and good luck to those also hunting!

Good luck!

After a lot of thought on who I wanted to try for for AGBQ #4. I finally decided on trying for Mareep in Hordes on Route 12 with a Static Pokémon at the front and see if I get luckier than what I did with trying for AGBQ #2 Honedge (though I used Magnet Pull, I wound up getting my shiny Sentret instead of Honedge). I won't be doing any encountering there tonight though as I'm taking a break till tomorrow now.

I've already decided on two possible new quests after I've completed this one; the first one is: getting a shiny team of six-one from each kind of encounter you can do:
~ Soft Resetting
~ Random Encountering
~ Masuda Method
~ Chain Fishing
~ Chaining (PokeRadar)
~ Horde Battles or:

I could try and hatch/get (in any way of encounter I want) a team of shiny Pokémon (of a specific generation of Pokémon only). Or if I'm really crazy i could try and do both quests x3

To be honest there's many shiny challenges one can do if they put their minds/imagination to it I realised :D

Last edited:

Scrufox86

YES!!!!! finally!! I have it.... the blue moth is mine lol!(shiny Venomoth!) Wow I am so pleased I can finally leave this safari and move on to my next target. Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck to all shiny hunters!

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: Lorde on Minccino, Pluski on Lunatone, Hoppip, Pinsir and Bellsprout, Royal_Qeca on Octillery, BenYS on Eevee, Sydwinx on Sandile, Inkay, Drifblim, Dunsparce and Trapinch x2, Nakashima on Eevee and Tepig, Iwanuq on Swirlix, Shuppet and Ivysaur, CuteSylveon on Eevee, Sentret and Fennekin, General_Ridley on Scyther, Genfried on Spewpa, Birds of Paradise on Charmander, Radioactiveshinies on multiple Audino (though wishing you look on getting something you don't have!), Oblivion_Bliss on Gloom and Dewgong, wobbanut on Patrat, Spawty on Nosepass, elorasheppard on Oddish, Gogoat and Paras, 2rsa on Cubchoo, Deerling, Stunky, Audino and Dedenne, Misjie on Espurr, Nosepass and Mareep, TomoEGoto on Castform, Tropius, Corphish and Regirock, maskofsanity1998 on Chespin, Helioptile and Zubat, maldoror on Lapras, rovert on Totodile, Gwabatim on Beldum, varanus_komodoensis on Machop, Tigurtz on Pumpkaboo, Keyblade_Cub on Pumpkaboo, Seedot and Taillow, Solfatara on Poochyena, TheMaster327 on Zangoose, Absolutely Absol on Floatzel, Storm_Dragoon on Vulpix, Cottonee and Pawniard, King Wulfharth on Corphish and Staryu, Dangertrout on Hoppip and Ducklett (hoping you get that Psyduck though!), Scrufox86 on Whirlipede and Venomoth, and anyone else I've missed!

Also, special congrats to Supremacy on Flabebe and completing your Kalos Quest, and CpChris on finally getting your Growlithe! And going after a second.... wow, I wish you better luck for that one!

Sydwinx, to take photos I use my phone's camera (I think it's about 8MP? Does the job better than my family's actual digital camera does) and upload them to imgur from that. It duplicates the images when I upload them for some reason, so I just go on imgur on my computer, delete the copies and then resize each image (they start off something like 2800 x 3000, which is way too big to put here!)

elorasheppard I also agree with your comment about nintendo tech! In anger I snapped the joint of my old original DS, so the wires were left hanging out, yet the top screen still continued to work for multiple months afterwards. My current DS lite also has a chipped hinge, so it doesn't stick and is always in the furthest way out you can push it (by accident this time!) but it'd held up like that for 2 years and doesn't show any sign of actually breaking!

SnazzySwampert, I use my phone calculator to keep track of SRs/REs! It's usable in the dark and even when I exit out of it, it keeps the number in it. Also, when I'm swapping between hunts, I can just jot the number down in notes then switch to the other hunt! For eggs, when I've boxed a full PC, I'll write the number of eggs in a notebook. If any hatch whilst I'm collecting eggs (a lot did with my Jigglypuff hunt) I either write it on my hand to later transfer to the notebook or I just write it straight in there.

I burnt out ;_; I just ended up getting sick and generally fed up with everything, so I just spent most of Sunday and Monday ill and lying on my back. But, today I picked up Cranidos again and am now sitting at 9,725 SRs, which I'm pretty proud of! I also finished Orange Is The New Black, so I'm onto Breaking Bad next so there should be a lot of shiny hunting done very soon! I also do want to get Cranidos pretty soon - although my last exam for this year is tomorrow, I'm about to get really busy with music stuff and it's likely to leave me demotivated etc. so I could really do with it ending soon! I've noticed how loose the Start and Select buttons have become on my Lite since I started this hunt.

Good luck everyone!

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Congratulations to: Maskofsanity1998 on chespin, 2rsa on stunky & cubchoo & deerling, Nakashima on eevee, Cpchris on FINALLY getting that shiny (took you long enough! I hope you find the second one much sooner!), Pluski on lunatone, TomoEGoto on corphish & castform & tropius, Storm_Dragoon on cottonee & pawniard & vulpix, Sydwinx on sandile, King Wulfharth on corphish & staryu, cutesylveon on eevee (also good luck on mareep shiny ampharos looks awesome!), Dangertrout on hoppip & ducklett, Scrufox86 on whirlipede & venomoth, Keyblade_Cub on pumpkaboo

Well I absolutely did NOT think I would be back with shiny news so soon..... I was watching the football game from spain and Chille while SR for a shiny starter on HG. I just recently began serious hunting for a chikorita but after about ~75 SR I got a shiny totodile! Man, I just can't believe all this luck I'm having...
He has a Quirky nature and is highly persistent. I think I'm gonna keep him as a totodile since I don't like the rest of his evo line.
So for the third time I try and throw it all your ways! *Throws magic shiny powder in the air*
Pictures:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ReddFoxy/media/Shiny/20140618_220146_zpsvixbtcfl.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ReddFoxy/media/Shiny/20140618_220409_zpspyt6icxe.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I also have evolved my mareep into an ampharos so beautifully pink! (hope to get a picture soon)
As promised the picture: http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ReddFoxy/media/Shiny/20140619_212242_zpsjsldwwbi.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Good luck on all the hunts!

Last edited:

Pluski

After horde hunting for a couple of hours on Route 5, I found and caught a shiny Scraggy.

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/nR3MFrp.jpg[/IMG300] [IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/3fdMAVU.jpg[/IMG300]

I'm currently horde hunting in Connecting Cave. Good luck to everyone!

Blackkyurem

Congrads to everyone on their recent shinies. Later tonight I guess i'll be starting a soul silver BQ.
Hopefully something shines.

Akko

Strawberry Sunrise
Hey guys! I caught a shiny Carbink about 2 hours using the repel trick, I'm so freaking excited right now!! lol XD It took me about 2 months to find, but I'm so happy to be done with this hunt!

Congrats to everyone with their recent shinies! And for those still looking... keep it up! ^_^

Keyblade_Cub

Thank you for both congrats CuteSylveon

And sorry it wasn't a Chikorita instead Misjie. But Congrats on that Totodile.

And congrats to you Akko on your Carbink hunt.

Well to end a good night especially after work, entered another Safari and wanted to reclaim my lost Ivysaur. Instead I got a Pansage... Well at least it's something and I got 3 IVs out of it.

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to CuteSylveon on Eevee, Dangertrout on Ducklett, 2rsa on Deerling, TomoEGoto on Castform and Tropius, Misjie on Totodile, Akko on Carbink, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks, CuteSylveon, elorasheppard, Dangertrout, ohjeezitskim, 2rsa, Keane, and Misjie :)

-------------

Especially Cpchris, who I think is crazy for trying to get a SECOND growlithe after how long the first one took. :p

I feel like people will think I’ve got some weird case of Stockholm Syndrome or something :p But I kept track for 100 encounters and 80 were Growlithe, so it should hopefully be pretty quick compared to the non-repel trick!

-------------

I did 500 REs and 400 SRs today. 6,000 REs for Scyther, 700 REs for Growlithe, and 8,600 SRs for Ho-Oh. Probably won’t get to hunt much tomorrow since it seems like I’ll be hanging out with friends most of the day. And Friday I work a double again, so probably not much then either.

Here's the live video for Growlithe, too.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, LullabyVullaby, Shadowkrow, ChaoticInverse, Shy, Roseheart95, Dangertrout, and Lunafloon)!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So yeah, I've continued doing random encounters for Shiny Pokemon on Y version, with no luck so far even though I encountered around 200 to 250 Pokemon today. Anyway, I also started my Shiny Electrike Masuda Method hunt this morning, but I've only hatched 25 eggs.

elorasheppard

Congratulations to dangertrout, scrufox86, keyblade_club, 2rsa, tomoegoto, misjie, pluski and Akko on your recent shinies

Still nothing to report, but im starting to get more motivated about it. My Black 2 REs are nearly at 8000 so im reaching odds (if it wasn't for the fact I have the shiny charm). Even when I didn't have the charm my longest RE cycle has been about 4000 so this is new territory for me. Incidentally my clock has just stopped on 999:59 on black 2 so im starting to worry it broke the shininess (even tho I know that cant happen :p ).

As for my sandshrew hunt, Im at 1050 eggs, hoping to get to 1200 tonight, I just wish the long hunts happened on the fast hatching eggs and not the slow ones!!

Good luck shiny hunters