• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Y-Pestis

Taking it slooooooow
Reading everyone's success stories is both encouraging and frustrating, lol. I've been in the friend safari for the past three days trying to find a shiny Meditite and have yet to see a single sparkle!

Congrats to everyone who's already got their shinies and good luck to everyone else who's still hunting!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
CH COMPLETE!

Holy cow, I was totally not expecting this to appear, and less than 3 hours of hunting no less! I just decided to hunt on route 219 on a whim and this pretty shiny Tentacool appeared :D. This is a huge victory to me, as have finally reclaimed the lost shiny Tentacool I ran away from back in 2005! It is female, just like the one I lost all those years ago!

More pics:

Shinydex
Shiny Tentacool, reclaimed!
Relaxed nature

I'm so excited that I finally got a shiny Tentacool after years of trying and failing. Congrats to new shinies everyone! Special shoutouts go to AquaRegisteel and Nakashima for being there when it appeared!

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Thanks to anyone who congratulated me, and congrats to Storm Dragoon on Tentacool, Keyblade_Cub on Aron, Cyberra on Honedge, Absolutely Absol on Honedge, rovert on all the Turtwigs, Misjie on Eevee, Keovix on Articuno, HunterMetroid on Bulbasaur and Honedge, Blastonite on Numel, Spawty on Ekans, and anybody else I missed!

I return with another shiny Legendary pokemon for this summer. This time I got a shiny Regice, once again on my Sapphire. This took just 844 SRs.

A beautiful shiny, I was worried that I might not notice it, but there was no doubt when it appeared. I kinda just sat and stared at it when I found it, I was so surprised. My third shiny Legendary this summer, all within the span of a week. It got a calm nature, which is pretty awesome considering I was actually syncing for a modest nature, yet calm is probably the next best thing. Also, I managed to catch it in a dive ball, which is awesome. I'll likely continue triple hunting Lugia, Suicune, and now Regirock on my Sapphire.

Good luck everyone!

Sydwinx

Queen of Hoopla
Well, recently, I've been hunting for a shiny pawniard in the friend safari..but so far, it's not been going to well. All I've been finding is shiny sneasel..which is getting rather annoying. Oh well.

Main reason for posting is this, though:

I know how Soft reseting in R/S/E works for the most part, but emerald confuses me a bit. If you have a dry battery in emerald, can you still soft reset for a shiny starter, or is that only for the dry battery in R/S? Because the pawniard hunt was boring me, I decided to hunt on emerald a bit..only to find out my battery went dry.

Another thing, I'm not sure...should I stop hunting on emerald, and wait for omega ruby, should I hunt on SS instead, or should I just stay hunting on emerald?

Congrats to everyone on recent shinies, but super shouts to Shy on finally getting that chick :D, Cpchris on Growlithe 2/Arcanine, Cyberra on Honedge, Keovix on Articuno & Terra Force on Regice.

Just a quick update to say that I failed the June CH, after 6700 headbutts (I had hoped to reach odds, but illness this week has stopped that) and no shinies :(

I may casually go at this months but will be continuing on with some personal hunts to.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Well, recently, I've been hunting for a shiny pawniard in the friend safari..but so far, it's not been going to well. All I've been finding is shiny sneasel..which is getting rather annoying. Oh well.

Main reason for posting is this, though:

I know how Soft reseting in R/S/E works for the most part, but emerald confuses me a bit. If you have a dry battery in emerald, can you still soft reset for a shiny starter, or is that only for the dry battery in R/S? Because the pawniard hunt was boring me, I decided to hunt on emerald a bit..only to find out my battery went dry.

Another thing, I'm not sure...should I stop hunting on emerald, and wait for omega ruby, should I hunt on SS instead, or should I just stay hunting on emerald?
Emerald's RNG doesn't work, so it fails to work well for SR hunts anyway, unless it's a starter hunt. Someone recently explained that, but basically you SR normally while restarting the game approximately every 100 SRs to reset the RNG. Other than that, you can RE hunt normally on emerald and dry battery ruby and sapphire. Trust me, I've done both.

Y-Pestis

Taking it slooooooow
Okay first off, big congrats to Storm_Dragoon and Terra Force on the shinies!

And second of all, I don't believe it, guys! Mere hours ago I was lamenting my poor luck in my hunt, and now look who's decided to shine for me!

He's male too, which is what I was hoping for! I named him Specter C:

Attachments

• HNI_0013_zps8442f449.jpg
    HNI_0013_zps8442f449.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 5

gamer_legend

Okay first off, big congrats to Storm_Dragoon and Terra Force on the shinies!

And second of all, I don't believe it, guys! Mere hours ago I was lamenting my poor luck in my hunt, and now look who's decided to shine for me!

He's male too, which is what I was hoping for! I named him Specter C:

Well done Budd-...wait a sec did you seriously name yourself after the bubonic plague?

Hahaha! Congratulations mate.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This morning I resumed doing random encounters for Shinies on Y version as usual and I encountered around like a hundred more wild Pokemon around Route 4 again. I also resumed my Shiny Electrike MM hunt after taking the weekend off. I hatched 30 eggs this afternoon for that hunt.

Drakonekoshi

Thank you all for wishing me luck on my reclaim hunt, I won't be doing my reclaim hunt until I've gotten 2 master balls from Pearl and Platinum respectively, a bunch of heavy balls and leveled up my Parasect to a good level, then I'll be sure to reclaim it!

After only about 90-100 eggs, a shiny Sandshrew hatched!
Photo_on_7_1_14_at_2_41_PM_2.jpg
I named him after Gyro Zeppeli from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure! I was pleasantly surprised when he hatched, not expecting a fast hunt!

I've gotten a lot of shinies since my last posts, I need to update my signature someday
in the meantime, congrats on the shinies and good luck to anyone still hunting!

AMV3021

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
Right now I'm trying to hatch a Shiny Helioptile and am planning to join July's Beach Party Shiny Hunt! :D

Also congrats on all the successful Shiny hunts everyone! :)

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Two shinies in one day!

My Japanese LeafGreen strikes again! I was just getting ready for bed, after I got my Pikachu to level 30, but I decided to do a few more REs:

Shiny Spearow appeared! I only did 5 REs after Pikachu got to level 30, less than 2000 REs total. She wasn't overly hard to catch, two Pokeballs later she was mine :).

More pics:

DS shot
Nickname screen
Shiny Spearow, Serious nature

This knocks another hunt out of the game, as I've been trying on and off for a Spearow in 3rd gen for years. My Japanese LeafGreen continues to amaze me, hopefully there are more quick hunts to come! Congrats to Terra Force, Drakonekoshi, and everyone else on their shinies.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Congrats to Storm_Dragoon on Spearow and completing the CH with Tentacool (I too lost a Tentacool in Gen III and then reclaimed it), Terra Force on Regice, Y-Pestis on Meditite, Drakonekoshi on Sandshrew (a desired shiny of mine!), and Blastonite on completing the CH with Zangoose (also a desired shiny of mine!)!

I just keep hatchin' eggs and gettin' lucky with shinies! Today I hatched a shiny Anorith! Unfortunately, he got Battle Armor instead of Swift Swim, so I'm not really sure how useful he'll ever be competitively. But he did get Knock Off/Rapid Spin/Aqua Jet/Cross Poison with an Adamant nature, which is awesome! His IV spread is x/31/31/x/x/x, which is lucky because I wasn't IV breeding and those are two good IVs for Anorith to have. I'm considering trading him; I haven't decided yet because Armaldo isn't one of my favorites and I'll most likely never use him competitively.

[IMG300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2474_zps812f2bcc.jpg[/IMG300]

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to Keovix on Articuno, HunterMetroid on Bulbasaur, King Wulfharth on Tropius, Blastonite on Numel, Spawty on Ekans, Storm_Dragoon on Spearow and Tentacool, Terra Force on Regice, Y-Pestis on Meditite, Drakonekoshi on Sandshrew, Blastonite on Zangoose and Varanus_komodoensis on Anorith!

No new shinies for me yet. The july CH sounds interesting but I really need to get my shiny starter on W2. Maybe if Snivy decides to shine early I'd be able to participate in this months CH. ^^

Good luck everyone!!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Ledyba is still proving elusive. A shaking liechi tree got me up to 10,140 SRs before it fruited, so now I'm waiting for the next red berry tree to start shaking.

It turns out I did not have to hatch a second shiny honedge. The original trade agreement had been a shiny high-IVed honedge for a pokeball vivillon. My trade partner told me I could keep the shiny and gave me a shiny pokeball vivillon (obviously hacked) for a 5IV female reject from my last batch of honedge eggs. The vivillon is in my shiny box; I do not battle competitively so it doesn't make much difference to me. So Sharpe the honedge is mine, and will become an aegislash once I get my hands on a dusk stone.

I spent part of the day breeding skill swap onto an elgyem, then putting the male telepathy elgyem into the daycare with my 6IV Japanese ditto. Currently I'm working my way up to a 6IV male telepathy elgyem, which I will then breed until one hatches with red eyes. That one will be my new lead pokemon for hunting hordes that could potentially kill each other/themselves.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Storm_Dragoon on Tentacool, Terra Force on Regice, Drakonekoshi on Sandshrew, Storm_Dragoon on Spearow, varanus_komodoensis on Anorith, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks, Stickit2themon :)

------------

I did 800 REs and 600 SRs yesterday, so I’m at 10,200 REs for Scyther, 1,000 REs for Aron/Axew/Boldore, and 11,800 SRs for Ho-Oh.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, LullabyVullaby, Shadowkrow, ChaoticInverse, Roseheart95, Keane, HGaddict, Cyberra, and Lunafloon)!

Blackkyurem

Wow! Congrads on beating the CH! I've wanted a shiny zangoose, it's on my list.

For the past few days, I've been playing Y, I rented it to "Get all the Y exclusives" and today I thought..... How am I supposed to trade them.... Oh well! Back to the hunts!
I'm not planning on doing any more eggs n Honedge for a while. I think I'll do a few more SR's and start some RE's on Route 8!

Creeper

om nom nom
Okay, I've returned! I've gotten busy with finals and summer homework, so now I finally have time to post this.

I was surprised to this one, wasn't expecting it at all but it's a beautiful shiny.

[img300]http://www.ezimba.com/work/140703C/ezimba11553198631400.jpg[/img300]

EDIT: @Prince Of May

Dry battery R/S or Emerald can still find RE shinies, just not reset shinies unless you have a low frame, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks AMV. I was really surprised, fell off the couch, haha.

also, any ideas what to hunt for? wondering atm

Last edited:

AMV3021

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
Okay, I've returned! I've gotten busy with finals and summer homework, so now I finally have time to post this.

I was surprised to this one, wasn't expecting it at all but it's a beautiful shiny.

Wow Corsola makes a very nice looking shiny, congrats! I just managed to get my shiny Helioptile last night.

IMG_20140702_133607[2].jpg

Last edited: